As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    dporowski wrote: »
    I am not feeling the Corinth Prime. Or at least the airburst mode. :( The forced manual detonation is just not a happy thing.

The Corinth Prime is even better at crushing high level elites. It will one shot high level captains and you can do it 20 times before reloading with a faster ROF. It's a beast.

Yeah... But that airburst, man. The primary fire's fine, not saying anything there, but the airburst just hurts. Can't even detonate the last one on a full clip, because you immediately go into the reload animation. Bring back the automatic detonation, and it'd be great.

oh god they ruined the corinth's perfect automatic-timed grenade burst with the prime version? boooo!

Yep. No automatic detonation, hit secondary fire again to blow it up. Still fizzles if it hits something, etc, so god help you if someone runs in front of you, since you'll tap to fire (bonk) then tap to detonate (bonk) and blow 8 ammo.

And if you hit it with 4 ammo left in the tank, it'll fire (it's 4 ammo per grenade now), but immediately go into the reload animation, and the shell will probably just bonk off something way over there since it's a 3s reload.

dporowski on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I am not feeling the Corinth Prime. Or at least the airburst mode. :( The forced manual detonation is just not a happy thing.

The Corinth Prime is even better at crushing high level elites. It will one shot high level captains and you can do it 20 times before reloading with a faster ROF. It's a beast.

Yeah... But that airburst, man. The primary fire's fine, not saying anything there, but the airburst just hurts. Can't even detonate the last one on a full clip, because you immediately go into the reload animation. Bring back the automatic detonation, and it'd be great.

oh god they ruined the corinth's perfect automatic-timed grenade burst with the prime version? boooo!

tbh I prefer the versatility but I wish that the detonation was regular fire instead of pushing alt fire again.

Yeah, I don't mind there being a manual control, I just wish there was also an automatic kaboom.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Friendly AI is really all over the place.

From what I understand, Wukong and Excalibur Umbra are ace.

I've been trying to get a Duality Equinox to work, though, and it's painful how much the AI limits your options. Anything less than 100% accuracy has a good chance of whiffing. I've watched the Duality clone miss opticor shots from 10 meters away - for its entire duration. Shooting the floor, shooting the sky - against stationary targets in the simulacrum. But bows seem to be fine? It's weird AF.

It can also be beast melee - at least until someone shoots at it. Once it starts being shot at, it'll freeze in place doing the blocking animation.

Mostly I just give it either an Ignis Wraith, Gaze kitgun, or like, the Twin Kohmak - because accuracy doesn't matter when you're putting thousands of bullets downrange anyway.

PLZ DE, review. Also for Nyx's Mind Control targets.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    Dac wrote: »
    Friendly AI is really all over the place.

From what I understand, Wukong and Excalibur Umbra are ace.

I've been trying to get a Duality Equinox to work, though, and it's painful how much the AI limits your options. Anything less than 100% accuracy has a good chance of whiffing. I've watched the Duality clone miss opticor shots from 10 meters away - for its entire duration. Shooting the floor, shooting the sky - against stationary targets in the simulacrum. But bows seem to be fine? It's weird AF.

It can also be beast melee - at least until someone shoots at it. Once it starts being shot at, it'll freeze in place doing the blocking animation.

Mostly I just give it either an Ignis Wraith, Gaze kitgun, or like, the Twin Kohmak - because accuracy doesn't matter when you're putting thousands of bullets downrange anyway.

PLZ DE, review. Also for Nyx's Mind Control targets.

I don't think you want them to look at that... Currently (or last I checked anyway), your clones don't have to reload. At all.

Not true. It stops to reload all the time. Even when it shouldn't need to.

Dac wrote: »
    Not true. It stops to reload all the time. Even when it shouldn't need to.

Huh. Last time I brought Umbra out, he found a way to turn a Tigris Prime into a machine gun... Maybe they fixed it?

edited April 2020
    Oh, I was specifically talking about Equinox's Duality clone.

e: Just tested it in the simulacrum, Umbra does still reload.

Dac on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    umbra's not really smart, per se, he just uses radial howl sometimes and has perfect aim like all specters do. I don't remember if he actually uses your weapons as they're modded or just blank versions though.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I just did a railjack mission where the one other player who joined immediately ditched my ship to go through the enemy bases while I was stuck fending off multiple crewships. Immediately following that, I was going through my avionics when I noticed that at some point I had acquired Form Up. I was giggling as I read the description, this thing is going to be so useful.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Had an Intermission Challenge to do Orb Vallis bounties and decided "oh, I still haven't ranked up to Hand with Little Duck, might as well grind some Atmos."

It is still bewildering to me that Phase 1 of Orb-Taker is a 3-part bounty with a single reward from its 9-item table, unlike... every other multipart bounty on Orb Vallis.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It's made up for by the 2nd mission being doable in like a minute and change

steam_sig.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    It's made up for by the 2nd mission being doable in like a minute and change

Yup

Which isn't really fun by the 50th+ run but at least it's quick.

Shit design is shit design. And considering I'm on console, the workflow for either Open World location is tedious, as those load times are real.

Additionally, variation in the grind is welcome, and the Profit-Taker bounties also happen to be a relatively direct source of the new relics (as Radiants), which are spread amongst the bounties.

DE kneejerk removed Venari's ability to heal defense objectives and claimed it was an exploit, despite "hey your venari can heal defense objectives!" being a literal hint/tip in the game.

So, yeah. Backlash deserved. Change reversed. Patch coming down the line that will allow more warframe abilities to heal defense objectives.

I genuinely wonder what the Hell the thought process was for the initial change, though. I guess someone must have honestly forgot it was an intended feature, because otherwise all it would have done is push more people towards a lockdown meta, and suddenly OOPS, ALL LIMBOS again.

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I guess I just assumed all healing abilities already worked on defense targets. I'm pretty sure Harrow's Penance does. The invulnerability phase from his Covenant does not however. Would be nice if it did!

I can see the reasoning. Healing abilities in this game tend to be really powerful, and they don't want to have to choose between having defense targets be effectively invulnerable if you have a healer or having them be made of tissue paper if you don't.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    I can see the reasoning. Healing abilities in this game tend to be really powerful, and they don't want to have to choose between having defense targets be effectively invulnerable if you have a healer or having them be made of tissue paper if you don't.

except there is also a number of abilities that prevent damage to a target too

it's DEs biggest weakness, inconsistency of design

• Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    PiptheFair wrote: »

And in Sortie Defense, which is supposed to be the most challenging variation many players will regularly engage in, they let you straight-up revive the defense target. Quickly, instantly, or even at a distance, depending on loadouts. To my knowledge, there’s no limit on how many times, either. Though I hear that each time, he’s a little less himself and more of a wight.

So there’s another reason objective healing was a weird thing for them to single out.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Well it's been like a year since I played, but apparently that's not enough to stop me from deciding that now's as good a time as any to figure out how to calculate hunter munitions DPS.

And in Sortie Defense, which is supposed to be the most challenging variation many players will regularly engage in, they let you straight-up revive the defense target. Quickly, instantly, or even at a distance, depending on loadouts. To my knowledge, there’s no limit on how many times, either. Though I hear that each time, he’s a little less himself and more of a wight.

So there’s another reason objective healing was a weird thing for them to single out.

TBH, I like the "Defend a person" more than the normal defense modes. Especially if you give him max fire rate explosive prime hikous

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2020
    cB557 wrote: »
    Well it's been like a year since I played, but apparently that's not enough to stop me from deciding that now's as good a time as any to figure out how to calculate hunter munitions DPS.

This will be fun, since both viral procs and corrosive procs now affect the damage of each individual slash, as well as crit (inclusive of headshot multiplier) of the initial shot. Oh, and heat.

You uh, may wish to discount changes in armor and just work with a flat armor value on the target. Unless you're that bored.

dporowski on
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Wait, corrosive damage affects it? Aren't slash procs true damage? I thought they ignored armor.

edited April 2020
    cB557 wrote: »
    Wait, corrosive damage affects it? Aren't slash procs true damage? I thought they ignored armor.

Not anymore! :D Status effects have all gone through some beefy-ass changes; that's why Viral is now basically king, and double-king when combined with Slash.

Edit: This also coincided with some rather drastic changes to the armor/hp scaling curve on mobs.

dporowski on
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Slash procs ignore armor, so corrosive still does nothing for slash procs (but does improve regular slash damage since removing armor is good for slash)
    Viral though amplifies all damage to health (first proc = +100% damage, and each proc stacked on top of that increases it by +25% up to a total of +325%) so viral massively amplifies slash procs.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Slash procs ignore armor, so corrosive still does nothing for slash procs (but does improve regular slash damage since removing armor is good for slash)
    Viral though amplifies all damage to health (first proc = +100% damage, and each proc stacked on top of that increases it by +25% up to a total of +325%) so viral massively amplifies slash procs.

Okay, some digging later, this is correct; it doesn't bypass SHIELDS now. Fair enough.

The addition of shield gating did odd things to Grendel's durability. His tiny shield pool means that shield gating is pretty much always available to him as long as he isn't under continuous fire.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited April 2020

I thought it was being fucking terrible at math, and balancing stuff. Or explaining things to the player.
    Er, among their chief weaknesses ... wait, I'll come in again.

Commander Zoom on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    weird, I have a gun that isn't taking up a weapon slot or showing up in my inventory screen at all but I definitely have it. It's Zenith, that weird rifle what shoots through walls.

Uriel wrote: »
    weird, I have a gun that isn't taking up a weapon slot or showing up in my inventory screen at all but I definitely have it. It's Zenith, that weird rifle what shoots through walls.

I believe that's because you can't sell or trade Weapons/Mods acquired via Log-In Reward Milestones.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I got Limbo, but I don't get Limbo. I played with him for a bit but he seems really gimmicky and I'm having a hard time imagining a general purpose build for him.

I also got Hydroid, and Hydroid is fun. Turning into a puddle and eating people is great.

Anyways, is there a good guide or video series for "here's how to play this particular frame"? I need one for Limbo and probably Mag. I'm not a smart person so my favorite frame so far has been Rhino, who is idiot-proof.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I got Limbo, but I don't get Limbo. I played with him for a bit but he seems really gimmicky and I'm having a hard time imagining a general purpose build for him.

I also got Hydroid, and Hydroid is fun. Turning into a puddle and eating people is great.

Anyways, is there a good guide or video series for "here's how to play this particular frame"? I need one for Limbo and probably Mag. I'm not a smart person so my favorite frame so far has been Rhino, who is idiot-proof.

Depending on the age of the videos I've always found iFlynn's guides to be pretty good.

https://youtu.be/d6tw-oJ_2_s

steam_sig.png
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    For frame guides, you can look for iFlynn on Youtube. He has guides for all (if not all) the frames and he updates when new frames come out. However, I find that he can sometimes be inconsistent with whether or not the particular guide is new-player focused or not.

I've found that just messing around with a particular frame for any length of time has given me better insight into how they work. Most of the frames I've leveled all the way have been fun and I can see use case scenarios where some frames would work in some circumstances. In either case, I've played with the frames I've leveled because if I can get a better understanding of how they work then I can alter my 'support' playstyle to make sure the team is successful.

Edit: Beat'd like a dead Grineer.

dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    Fun part about getting a new Warframe is getting Nidus-infected and going to the bio room and remembering 'oh right, they STILL haven't done ANYTHING with this.'

Does "KILL IT WITH FIRE and jettison the still-burning remains into the void" count?
    Because that's what I want to do with it.

Why do you reject their beauty?

steam_sig.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Why do you reject our beauty?

JtgVX0H.png
    FmPGtYF.gif

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Been getting back into the swing of Tenno things the last week or so on Xbox. Got Corinth Prime in the oven and am just lacking a system's BP before I can get to baking a prime pixie of death.

After that I may finally get round to making some Liches and harvest some Kuva weapons.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Hey, there is a 7-day resource and 7-day resource drop-chance booster on the Twitch. Also, Switch Tenno should be getting the latest update soon since it's in cert. Only around ~300+ MBs ... I can't remember the amount. I don't do good with these new content islands since I play them for about an hour or a day at most then go do other stuff even if I was having fun with the new stuff. I have a serious problem.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
This discussion has been closed.