As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MegaGame] Aegon's Conquest - A Throne of Dragon Skulls (Targaryen and Night's Watch Win)

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    the only darkness in dorne i know is that which descends upon my heart as i depart it

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    also when the sun goes down

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    hey, as long as you keep paying for the open-bar weddings, I'll keep calling you daddy. Lower case d, of course, laws of succession being what they are. But there's definitely a capital Y in there.

:winky:

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Geth, roll 2d6+3

2d6+3 9 [2d6=3, 3]

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Turn 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unb3FdsT5fQ

Map

Season: Summer

Turn Order:

Hoare
    Lannister
    Gardner
    Martell
    Durrandon
    Targaryen
    Arryn
    Stark

Standings:

Stark: 13
    Gardner: 12
    Martell: 12 (1 Secret)
    Arryn: 11 (1 Relic)
    Lannister: 10
    Targaryen: 9
    Hoare: 6 (1 Secret, 1 Relic)
    Durrandon: 6 (1 Relic)

Reports from the front

Movement/Musters

Arryn
    Arryn musters a new army in Mountains of the Moon
    Arryn army marches from Mountains of the Moon to Saltpans
    Arryn army marches from Blackwater Bay to Kingswood

Stark
    Stark musters a new army in Wolf's Wood
    Stark army marches from Wolf's wood to The Rills
    Stark army marches from Sheepshead Hills to Wolf's Wood
    Stark army marches from Cape Kracken to Segard
    Stark army marches from Stoney Shore to Cape Kracken
    Stark army marches from Tne Neck to Green Fork

Hoare
    Hoare musters a new army in The Trident
    Hoare army marches from The Rills to Cape Kracken

Lannister
    Lannister army marches from Hornvale to Stoney Sept
    Lannister army marches from Golden Grove to Cornfield

Gardner
    Gardner army marches from Ashford to Cider Hill
    Gardner army marches from Golden Grove to Cornfield
    Gardner army marches from Golden Grove to Searoad Marches

Martell
    Martell army marches from Blackhaven to Mistwood

Durrandon
    Durrandon musters a new army in Shipbreaker Bay

Targaryen
    Targayen army marches from Maidenpool to Saltpans
    Targaryen army marches from Maidenpool to Saltpans
    Targaryen army marches from Cracklaw to Blackwater Bay

Actions

Out of Order Actions
    Stark Heir hires sellswords to support army in Wolf's Wood
    Stark Heir force marches the army in The Rills to Cape Kracken
    Gardner Heir rallies the army in Cider Hill to oppose Lannister army in Stoney Sept
    Targaryen Heir force marches the army in Blackwater Bay into Kingswood
    Durrandon Heir rallies the army in Shipbreaker Bay to support the army in Mistood

Arryn
    Arryn army in Saltpans and opposes troop in Saltpans
    Arryn army in Saltpans opposes other army in Salpans and uses Wildfire to give itself support.
    Arryn in Gulltown opposes one of the armies in Cracklaw
    Arryn army in Blackwater Bay moves to Kingswood and gives battle to the Targaryen army there, is automatically opposed due to Targaryen Heir. The Arryn army is routed and must retreat, however, they have no allied territory nearby and are disbanded.
    Heir force marches the army in The Sisters to The Vale.
    Arryn army in The Vale supports army in Gulltown.

Stark
    Stark army in Cape Kracken cuts off the Hoare army there.
    Stark army in Cape Kracken gives battle to the Hoare army there. They are successful and the enemy is routed. The Hoare army was cut off, and is destroyed.
    Stark army in Seagard raids the territory.
    Stark army in Green Fork supports army in Segard

Hoare
    Hoare army in The Trident supports Targaryen army in Saltpans
    Hoare army in The Trident supports Targaryen army in Saltpans

Lannister
    Lannister army in Stoney Sept opposes army in Cornfield
    Lannister army in Cornfield cuts off Gardner army
    Lannister army in Crakehall opposes Gardner army in Searoad Marches

Gardner
    Gardner army in Cider hill opposes Lannister army in Stoney Sept
    Gardner army in Cider hill opposes Durrandon army in Summerhall
    Gardner army in Searoad Marches attempts to conquer the territory. They are harassed by outlaws and are unsuccessful.
    Garnder army in Cornfield gives battle to the Lannister army there. Using their forged link, they are able to turn partial success into a full success, and the Lannister army must retreat.

Martell
    Martell army in Mistwood opposes the Durrandon army in Mistwood.
    Martell army in Broken Arm supports the army in Greenstone.
    Martell army in Greenstone attempts to conquer the territory. They are successful, and Martell has taken over the territory.
    Martell army in Blackhaven attempts to conquer the territory. They are successful, and Martell has taken over the territory.

Durrandon
    Ignore strongholds

Durrandon army in Shipbreaker Bay supports the army in Summerhall.
    Durrandon army in Shipbreaker Bay supports the army in Mistwood.
    Durrandon army in Summerhall attempts to conquer the territory. The smallfolk who live here deliver the required harvest, but dream of rebellion from the temporary masters. Temporary control has been taken for the next round.
    Durrandon army in Mistwood gives battle to the Martell army there. They are successful and the Martell army is routed.

Targaryen

Targaryen army in Saltpans cuts off the Arryn army there.
    Targaryen army in Saltpans gives battle to the cut off Arryn army. They are successful and the Arryn army must retreat. The Arryn army was cut off and is destroyed.
    Targaryen army in Cracklaw point supports the other army there.
    Targaryen army in Cracklaw point attempts to conquer the territory. They are harrassed by outlaws and fail.

The Arryns had imagined they would have the run of the Kingswood with the Targaryens planning a wedding at liberated Dragonstone. One of their men raised his torch high to light the forest ablaze. It was pinned to the tree by a red and black fletched arrow. Many falcons flew through the woods that day, sport for the celebrating Targaryens.

Across the bay, Saltpans fortified itself against an assault. They failed to anticipate the mass of Dragons who'd snuck across the bay on muffled black oars and cast them into the sea, again in the livery of wedding revelers.

The Starks continued to show the Hoares the hospitality of the North as they cornered the marauders in Cape Kraken.

Lannister and Gardner clashed along their border, with Gardner slowly gaining ground with their cavalry. Ser Geth would be undaunted by the assault though, determined to show the greenhands why they would hear the Lions of the Rock roar.

Martell had finally solidified it's hold of the Stormlands it had greedily eyed, with the Durrandons continuing to fight them tooth and nail for every scrap of ground. Disgraced by the trials of war, Prince H3Knuckles travelled North to the Wall, and took the vows of the Night's Watch, becoming Lord Commander SlyM's Steward.

At the Citadel, several ancient parchments were unearthed, and were revealed to be ancient contracts. Each house honored the contracts, receiving supplies they had not expected, and some dearly unasked for...

EVENT: Ancient Trade Contracts Unearthed:

Each House has had 1 random resource replaced with another

PMs going out! Give not into despair! And remember, if a plan fails, sometimes a new stratagem might be in order!

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    chanvreriechanvrerie Registered User regular
    (Think we should have an army at the Vale still?)

• Options
    Alliances

Hoare - Lannister, Targaryen
    Lannister - Hoare, Martell
    Gardner - Martell
    Martell - Arryn, Gardner, Lannister
    Durrandon - Targaryen, Stark
    Targaryen - Hoare, Durrandon
    Arryn - Martell, Stark
    Stark - Arryn, Durrandon

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    the only darkness in dorne i know is that which descends upon my heart as i depart it

Rejoice my friend, it is not that you are leaving Dorne, it is that you are bringing Dorne to the rest of Westeros.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular

Small map update, apologies good lords, the map makers were drunk again.

Map - https://imgur.com/eStFOv2

Single change:
    Arryn army in West Vale should actually be in The Vale (maybe get some more original names there Arryn, ever thought of that?)

• Options
    balrog1911balrog1911 Registered User regular
    The gods themselves mock our ancestral naming traditions. The shame! The utter shame!

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Whoa, how did I miss this? Any spots left?

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Absolutely!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    So uh, House Stark eh? What a powerhouse.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular

We have been fortunate to be able to choose battles we can win. It is the Gardeners and Martell's that have managed more against greater opposition.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »

We have been fortunate to be able to choose battles we can win. It is the Gardeners and Martell's that have managed more against greater opposition.

The Flower and Sun Alliance has been fairly good for us yes.

• Options
    schuss wrote: »

Funny enough, we do have some openings. Would you like to Lannister Lord or Knight, or the Hard Mode that has become Durrandon's Lordship?

Hail Hydra
  • Options

Do not forget your meatshields friends the Arryns in this compliment.

The Targaryens come knocking, and our answer has been:
    z5s10zz7husj.jpg

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    balrog1911 wrote: »

Do not forget your meatshields friends the Arryns in this compliment.

The Targaryens come knocking, and our answer has been:

"Come knocking" sure is a loaded way of stating "tried to reclaim a territory that was acquired by violating a peace agreement"

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular

"Come knocking" sure is a loaded way of stating "tried to reclaim a territory that was acquired by violating a peace agreement"

There was no peace agreement in place when we claimed this land.
    There was a truce agreement after we took the land, that the Targs then immediately violated.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    BoomthorkellBoomthorkell Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a40VeD8YxiU

6:30 is how I felt about the Cracklaw being lost.

The rest of the video is this war.

• Options
    We only need Two Puffins.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Matev wrote: »
    schuss wrote: »

Funny enough, we do have some openings. Would you like to Lannister Lord or Knight, or the Hard Mode that has become Durrandon's Lordship?

Let's go Lannister Knight. I look great in gold

schuss on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Excellent! My dear schuss, let us discuss the terms of your assault anywhere else in the Seven Kingdoms.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Excellent! My dear schuss, let us discuss the terms of your assault anywhere else in the Seven Kingdoms.

I'm sorry, your request doesn't appear to be made of gold. Please try again.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a40VeD8YxiU

6:30 is how I felt about the Cracklaw being lost.

The rest of the video is this war.

I don't remember getting a kiss from you.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Additionally, @jdarksun it has come to my attention that your armies (green) are in my territory (red). I feel you must be mistaken in some way. I'm sure this is an innocent mistake on your part and look forward to it's rectification.

schuss on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    My good Lannister Knight (@schuss), as you are already aware House Gardner is almost synonymous with grain. Much like your mines and coffers are the envy of the lands, so is our rye, barley, buckwheat, millet, and oats. Alas, the ravens I use for orders are not as cunning with the written word as the Lannisters are with their debts, and "protect our fields" was... misinterpreted. Luckily, bloodshed was mostly avoided, and not even your harvests have been damaged.

We would much rather deal with the minor insurrection on our eastern borders, as I am sure you would also rather deal with more pressing issues. The knight that preceded you had neither your compassion nor wit, so I am sure we can come to a more amicable resolution to our joint concerns.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    My good Lannister Knight (schuss), as you are already aware House Gardner is almost synonymous with grain. Much like your mines and coffers are the envy of the lands, so is our rye, barley, buckwheat, millet, and oats. Alas, the ravens I use for orders are not as cunning with the written word as the Lannisters are with their debts, and "protect our fields" was... misinterpreted. Luckily, bloodshed was mostly avoided, and not even your harvests have been damaged.

We would much rather deal with the minor insurrection on our eastern borders, as I am sure you would also rather deal with more pressing issues. The knight that preceded you had neither your compassion nor wit, so I am sure we can come to a more amicable resolution to our joint concerns.

I would be willing, from a purely scientific perspective, to advance the theory that it was in fact always "our" grain, in the sense that horticulture (and, relatedly, brewing) was developed here in the south.

It was in fact our successes in plant crossbreeding and selective enhancement of beneficial traits that inspired my current researches into applying similar principles to mankind.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    I have been told my trade announcements have been overly formal so I will put this in the simplest terms in the interest of sounding less bombastic.

Stark has wood for the Wall

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Teehee.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

It was in fact our successes in plant crossbreeding and selective enhancement of beneficial traits that inspired my current researches into applying similar principles to mankind.

Hey, you shouldn't be modest about your own contributions to the field, Maester!

Your thoughtful genetic enhancement of my (already pretty glorious) brain put me in a spot where I could ghostwrite most of your Archmaester's dissertation for you. Not to turn this into a chain-measuring contest, of course...

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »

Hey, you shouldn't be modest about your own contributions to the field, Maester!

Your thoughtful genetic enhancement of my (already pretty glorious) brain put me in a spot where I could ghostwrite most of your Archmaester's dissertation for you. Not to turn this into a chain-measuring contest, of course...

Get ready for Football practice. The latest results should have you throwing touchdowns like a champ so I can further bask in reflected glory.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alas, the ravens I use for orders are not as cunning with the written word as the Lannisters are with their debts, and "protect our fields" was... misinterpreted.

Clearly the hosts couldn’t have misinterpreted anything. We all know the GMs are infallible.

Unrelated, new rule goes into effect. No one is allowed to scroll up or quote any post that contains the words “Map update”.

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Teehee.

I'm not telling you again, young Master.

• Options
    My good Lannister Knight (@schuss), as you are already aware House Gardner is almost synonymous with grain. Much like your mines and coffers are the envy of the lands, so is our rye, barley, buckwheat, millet, and oats. Alas, the ravens I use for orders are not as cunning with the written word as the Lannisters are with their debts, and "protect our fields" was... misinterpreted. Luckily, bloodshed was mostly avoided, and not even your harvests have been damaged.

I'm sure. I'm convening our house and having some serfs beaten for their presence in a time of frustration. Hard to find good help these days eh?

• Options
    When given time, let our house know your collective decision on the peace council.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Allanon KisigarAllanon Kisigar Registered User regular

"Minor insurrection on our eastern borders" is a funny way to say "we need to go make sure we can keep this land we stole". But I suppose I should expect nothing less of a House that continues to ally with backstabbers. One should be wary, once a betrayer always a betrayer.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Maester Allanon Kisigar of House Durrandon.
    The people of Gardener's eastern borders are just as inherently free and worth a life unbound as the rest of the Reach.
    They have left your house's burdens of serfdom for the effort of a common party.
    A wild freely attended kegger had, prior to your military force breaking, brought peace and joy to their troubled hearts.
    They now find their formations of free lovers broken, their liquor confiscated, and their family drafted.

The kind folk who live there and must now provide a harvest for a distant hateful army- these glorious dreamers are still seeking to break the chains of this storm your forces have put them in.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Oh no, I've just read all of these.

@balrog1911, no, we're skipping straight to the DeBreasting. Though, my earlier offer will remain.

• Options
    Look, if your sisters are fair game, I don't see why an Arryn is off limits for you.