As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Why just distract yourself when you could ALSO listen to a [podcast]?

PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, manAh, jeezRegistered User regular
I'm currently playing Yakuza 5 WHILE listening to MBMBAM read a buckwild turducken-of-90's-references pizza newspiece.

How're y'all distracting yourselves WHILE distracting yourselves?

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I am unable to be distracted by more than one thing at a time, I just get distracted by the new thing and completely stop paying attention to the previous distraction

BahamutZERO.gif
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, but the latest Rude Tales didn't strike any significant chords for me. I did recently Patronise them though and have been listening to Rude Talks and it's very good.

• replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    I've been listening to podcasts while I play persona 3 the answer, that's a grindy one, especially if you're like me and don't know what strategy is

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    playing the post-story extra epilogue thing? yeah the gameplay of that sucks
    in fact the whole thing sucks except the single big crazy reveal moment

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Off-Book had to switch up their format because trying to synchronize an improvised musical over Zoom is...unrealistic, so they're just talking and then doing solo improv songs/raps over premade beats and it's...weird!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4mOr_hmEQk&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2YGf9RAvhpDipDnawGqC1TQ00TMd3XRTh6lzriVZqMf12_qWYpVL7kVYo

anyways they uploaded the first one of these to youtube

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I don't know where else to post about this, but I just 100% Assassin's Creed Black Flag

It's up there with my favorite games, so it feels good to have mastered it (and it's DLCs!)

Now it's onto Rogue, which I played for a few days via Redbox, thought was really cool, and then never played again

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Rude Tales has, as a Patreon feature, a feature called "Radio Free Cordelia"

The cast contributes songs, poems, it's all p. good

In the first entry, Chris Hastings delivers a "DJ set" that feels so AGGRESSIVELY TARGETED at me that I am actively unsettled

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I'm playing skyrim on ps4 with mods while listening to punch up the jam

PNk1Ml4.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I find it incredibly plausible that Matt Rorie takes his fuckin shoes off at work

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I find it incredibly plausible that Matt Rorie takes his fuckin shoes off at work

Do they take their work shoes off for fucking

I dont come here to get interrogated

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Shoes are feet prisons but yeah, never take them off at work.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Listen I got no love for the prison system

But I think maybe feet deserve it

I only got one person on ignore and its cause for a profile picture they chose feet

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Shoes are feet prisons but yeah, never take them off at work.

It's true. That's why we vote on things by raising our hands instead of our feet. Although I think the law on that is shifting in some states.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    You will not contain my feet.

Stand with me, comrades. Stand for freedom.

We are the Pieds de Résistance.

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I only got one person on ignore and its cause for a profile picture they chose feet

Not a Tarantino fan, huh?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    It may be the least objectionable aspect of Quentin Tarantino, which is not to say I do not object

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Do they take their work shoes off for fucking

Ooooh you know it’s time for business that’s why they call em my business socks hey

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I wear crocs without socks now and there is not a thing in this world anyone can do to stop that

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Totally unspoilery FF7 thing inspired by Waypoint's podcast

I didn't know Cloud/Tifa vs Cloud/Aerith was a thing

Why would anyone pick Aerith

Like she seems fine

But Tifa? Tifa buff

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Cloud/Barret is the most canonical anyway

sig.gif
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Well that kind of has to do with actual spoilery stuff from the original game

but even without revealing actual plot details, it's obvious from context that Cloud is definitely crushing on Aerith, while Tifa has an unrequited childhood crush on Cloud

it's very japanese soap opera-ish

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Well that kind of has to do with actual spoilery stuff from the original game

but even without revealing actual plot details, it's obvious from context that Cloud is definitely crushing on Aerith, while Tifa has an unrequited childhood crush on Cloud

it's very japanese soap opera-ish

Oh okay, that's all very interesting

But counterpoint

Tifa girl with abs??????

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm currently either Animal Crossing or building gunpla while listening to Rude Tales of Maaaaagiiiiiic

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    did Steven Soderbergh play Final Fantasy 7 and that's when he decided to invent Gina Carano to make Haywire

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Cloud/Vincent is the only correct choice

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Vincent is like 57 though

X22wmuF.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the cloud/aerith stuff gets even weirder when you remember how many character traits of aerith fans actively erase so that she's just innocent smiling wife girl

liEt3nH.png
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Cloud x Cait Sith

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    The mech trailer and the fact that with no commute (and 3rd work monitor) means I've gotten back into NMS as my podcast/catch up on giant bomb thing.

the cloud/aerith stuff gets even weirder when you remember how many character traits of aerith fans actively erase so that she's just innocent smiling wife girl

Yeah as someone who barely knows anything about FF7 my only experiences were with her in Kingdom Hearts and the internet, and between those two I didn't realize that she apparently has the ability to be like...snarky

Hearing them talk about that on Waypoint was eye-opening

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I picked up my game of FF7 I started a few weeks ago.

I just snuck out of Aerith's house.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I'm curious about what the future FF7R games do with Vincent and Yuffie

Vincent's backstory is surprisingly critical to much of what happens in 7, but it's hidden in a cave at the very end of the game

Yuffie, I think they have to expand Wutai a lot, because it's hard to believe this single town was able to fight a war against Shinra for as long as they did

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg

I very much remember her as being that way and I've been trying to deconstruct why that's the case ever since I listened to the recent Waypoint

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I'm playing skyrim on ps4 with mods while listening to punch up the jam

I'm also doing the first half of this which means I've just been messing with mods all morning and now I think I'm finally done. Are you using Forests of Skyrim because it's crazy how different it makes parts of that game feel.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I'm curious about what the future FF7R games do with Vincent and Yuffie

Vincent's backstory is surprisingly critical to much of what happens in 7, but it's hidden in a cave at the very end of the game

Yuffie, I think they have to expand Wutai a lot, because it's hard to believe this single town was able to fight a war against Shinra for as long as they did

Yuffie and Vincent had a really fun dynamic in Dirge of Cerberus, it's a shame that it's all stuck in Dirge of Cerberus.

Yuffie also had lots of good stuff with Zack in Crisis Core, and I imagine they'll put a lot of the work done there into Remake Wutai.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Straightzi wrote: »

I very much remember her as being that way and I've been trying to deconstruct why that's the case ever since I listened to the recent Waypoint

I mean that's basically how she's portrayed in every appearance outside of FF7 itself.

And just old fashioned cultural osmosis

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular

To be honest while how fans treat aeris is especially gross, I think this happened to most of the cast

Like how cloud was talked about and how I remembered him for over a decade was as the overly silent brooding sad boy, and it wasn’t until a few years ago playing it again that I remembered he has so much more character to him than that

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

I mean that's basically how she's portrayed in every appearance outside of FF7 itself.

And just old fashioned cultural osmosis

Kind of like coming into EVA in 2019 and wondering who the fuck thought deeply traumatized adolescents were the perfect vector for merchandising everything.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
This discussion has been closed.