As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

it's time we, as a people, face up to Nickelback

124»

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    My problem with Nickelback is they made one good/successful song and then spent years effectively just remaking How You Remind Me instead of trying anything new

I actually really liked their second album, The State at the time, though I haven't gone back and listened to it in years to see if it still holds up

The Tea Party had a similar problem, years of distinctive sounding goth/industrial/prog rock, and then Heaven Coming Down blew up and they tried to chase more mainstream success for a while

Yep, this was always my thing with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvujgcbaCF8

As to Smash Mouth, I've always unironically liked them, but I like ska, so that's kinda expected. I don't like All Star, though. :/ But I forgive them for it because it gave us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjWkO15-gcE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0lMc5qjrYo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0nIVGoFh8I

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Billy Krogan

is that anything

it is now
    y13piyc9sjz0.png

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Oh you know who was the opener on that tour?

Puddle of Mudd

Fuck it. I'll be that guy.

I like Psycho, and it was a fun song to play in Audiosurf

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Jragghen wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    Oh you know who was the opener on that tour?

Puddle of Mudd

Fuck it. I'll be that guy.

I like Psycho, and it was a fun song to play in Audiosurf

I was aware of Puddle of Mudd when they were just a garage band. My oldest sister went to high school with Wes Scantlin and dated Jimmy Allen briefly.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Wes Scantlin and Jimmy Allen sounds like TV senator names

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Billy Krogan

is that anything

it is now
    y13piyc9sjz0.png

Despite all my rage
    Something something genophage

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    When I had my first job in a servo, the dude I usually had shifts with would constantly play Nickelback and Creed, so now any time I hear their music I have a weird craving for giant gummy snakes and the smell of tobacco

FUCKING KILLER PYTHONS HOLY SHIT I WANT ONE NOW

I love that this is like
    a Pavlovian Australian response to this post

... fuck it I’m going online shopping somebody has to ship Allens sweets to the US

If you succeed I'll need some Redskins and some milkos and a killer python andaybe even some clinkers.

PM me a postal address, I'll send you some shit at the end of the month when I have spare cash.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Platy wrote: »
    Is that candy named after the waste from industrial processes

Clinkers? I assume so because it has much the same effect on your teeth.

clinkers occupies the same brainspace as pingers, which I supposed is proper australian

"pingers" is slang for ecstasy tablets, just slightly different from what clinkers actually are:

51c4r8zB%2BgL.jpg

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Is that candy named after the waste from industrial processes

Clinkers? I assume so because it has much the same effect on your teeth.

clinkers occupies the same brainspace as pingers, which I supposed is proper australian

"pingers" is slang for ecstasy tablets, just slightly different from what clinkers actually are:

51c4r8zB%2BgL.jpg

nono, I know what they are

but for whatever weird brain reasons, the two words have some weird similarity to me because I'm a crazy person

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    All that Australian candy looks really good.

Especially those gummy snakes

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I'm a gummy snake, yes, I'm a gummy snake

• Options
    Digital media and computers robbed us of the ability to hunt for every last copy of something and destroy it

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    All that Australian candy looks really good.

Especially those gummy snakes

literally me:
    v0iyi3aww649.jpg

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'd like to try the authentic aussie Timtams too, as I heard the ones we get in the states are not as good.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I haven't even tried the US version cause I don't want to be irritated.

that said the only TimTams I ever really crave are the dark chocolate and chilli variety, and I think they've stopped making those?
    adulthood is a never ending series of disappointments.

• Options
    Killer Pythons are legitimately one of the best gummy lollies in existence, imo.

Well, until they halved them in size a few years back, but they’re still pretty great.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I'd rather hang out with Smash Mouth than Nickelback

I feel like if I hung out with Nickleback today they'd mostly tell me stories about how they banged some chicks on tour who they'd suggest were between the ages of 15 and 17, but wouldn't outright admit to it if questioned.

On that subject. When is the Limp Bizkit resurgence?

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Killer Pythons are legitimately one of the best gummy lollies in existence, imo.

Well, until they halved them in size a few years back, but they’re still pretty great.

I'm having trouble finding the "large" Killer Pythons for sale online, mostly what I can find is the bags of fake pretend impostor Killer Pythons, basically just multi-coloured regular Snakes Alive snakes with bigger heads.

• Options

I'm having trouble finding the "large" Killer Pythons for sale online, mostly what I can find is the bags of fake pretend impostor Killer Pythons, basically just multi-coloured regular Snakes Alive snakes with bigger heads.

Yeah they don’t sell the large ones any more

• Options
    A national fucking disgrace.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    the spider-man song Hero is nothing compared to the spider-man 2 song Vindicated anyway

Dashboard Confessional was great.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    A national fucking disgrace.

There’s a lot of those going around ATM.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    the spider-man song Hero is nothing compared to the spider-man 2 song Vindicated anyway

Dashboard Confessional was great.

I've been listening to Dashboard a lot lately (listen, it's been a rough couple of weeks) on Spotify, and I discovered that they re-recorded a bunch of their albums

Chris can't get those high notes like he used to, so his voice cracks a lot, but I kinda really like it because it's like, man he is doing his music as hard as he can.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    We had the radio on, some shitty music was playing, and it got us talking about other shitty music that had gained widespread public exposure despite no one admitting to liking it, and how weird it must be to be one of the secret fans who unironically loved Aqua's "Barbie Girl" or whatever enough to keep requesting it and sustaining it on the airwaves for months.

Hey! Hey!

You! You!

I don't like your girlfriend!

It was right there.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Honestly ashamed for everyone else that it took this long.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    51c4r8zB%2BgL.jpg

Alright, so the packaging here indicates the deal with this particular snack is a chocolate coating and inside is one of several different colors, and presumably flavors, of...something.

But the packaging also indicates that one of the options is "NO."

• Options
    You don't want to be the guy who draws and bites into "NO"

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Mmm disagreement flavor

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I was obsessed with Smash Mouth as a teenager and bought their East Bay Seasions CD which is why I know they initially had a more punk vibe.

Also a song called Sorry About Your Penis

https://youtu.be/9sPaS137g-A

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    You don't want to be the guy who draws and bites into "NO"

the secret is every Clinker flavour is NO

... I'm discovering that I have a deep and abiding dislike of clinkers, a candy I haven't thought about in literally thirty years.

• Options
    They discontinued a lot of the candies I know from my childhood, mostly because they sucked

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Truly great music is timeless, but so is bad music: it always sounds like it coulda been made by today’s trashy new bands.

That’s nickelback: they make a living by continuously feeding people’s demand for trash rock music

That said I have always had an unironic love for their WWE intro

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    wait what the fuck smash mouth did a track with Kool Keith and DMC 2 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XoqiKpI2zI&feature=youtu.be