As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Animal Crossing: Putting the "social" back in "social-distancing."

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

Why yes I'm wearing a ballsack

why aren't you wearing a ballsack

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Also, woof, those turnip prices:

95, 118, 161, 171, 148, 45.

If the prices hadn't been reverse-engineered and we were restricted to our own islands folks could take a real bath.

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Would anyone be interested in a DYI recipe exchange? I have a log dining table, wooden table, iron shelf, shell bed, and some bunny day ones too.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Would anyone be interested in a DYI recipe exchange? I have a log dining table, wooden table, iron shelf, shell bed, and some bunny day ones too.

I'd like that wooden table DIY recipe if it's available. Offhand I know I have the sakura-wood flooring walls and outdoor picnic set recipes, and I may have a few others in storage too. I can also craft all the cherry-blossom items if interested.

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    bficky wrote: »

I'd like that wooden table DIY recipe if it's available. Offhand I know I have the sakura-wood flooring and outdoor picnic set recipes, and I may have a few others in storage too. I can also craft all the cherry-blossom items if interested.

It's yours for the wood flooring. I'll send you a Dodo code

• Mathew BurrackMathew Burrack CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    twmjr wrote: »
    @thatassemblyguy I had closed up -- let me reopen and I'll DM you the code

Looks like I missed the rush. Are you still open? My wife's town is looking to peak tomorrow morning at 140-ish :(

"Let's take a look at the scores! The girls are at the square root of Pi, while the boys are still at a crudely drawn picture of a duck. Clearly, it's anybody's game!"
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Wasn't able to fix my NAT configuration so that Nintendo would be happy before the next round of meetings started.

Next time. Next time.

I think I may try to set up a little swap meet area on my island right in front of the airport. Just a few tables with items/recipes/clothes on them that people are free to take if they want, just drop something else down in its place.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    nah45f7erhmw.jpg

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    So if you're planning to do some heavy terraforming later, building bridges and ramps right now is essentially a waste of time and money, right?

Does demolishing take a day, or does that happen immediately?

it takes a day

Rofl. Screw that, then!

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    So if you're planning to do some heavy terraforming later, building bridges and ramps right now is essentially a waste of time and money, right?

Does demolishing take a day, or does that happen immediately?

it takes a day

Rofl. Screw that, then!

Pfft. Time.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I got into a twitch streamers island today and sold my turnips for 549. A nice 1.2 million! One loan paid off and I'll be able to pay off the 700k loan tomorrow!

SniperGuy on
    Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    SilverWind wrote: »
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I'm stuck on a 4-start town rating, and she keeps telling me I need more decorations. Is there some sort of trick to this? I have stuff all over a fairly developed town, and I've taken to just crafting and dumping piles of shit on the beach. Still nothing.

I ran into the same issue and yesterday crafted a whole bunch of stuff and tried to strategically place at least a couple in each grid on the map. That seems to have worked

Hmm, this is interesting advice. I definitely have a bunch of stuff clumped up, while other areas are pretty bare. I'll try spreading things out today.

She re-evaluates during the day, right?

@SilverWind This worked! I spent the morning spreading out garbage across every beach and mountain top, and my evening eval was 5 stars!

I just don't have the energy to clean everything up now...

• SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Aha, great to know! Keep the junk around and get those lily of the valleys that occasionally spawn! :lol:

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I think I may try to set up a little swap meet area on my island right in front of the airport. Just a few tables with items/recipes/clothes on them that people are free to take if they want, just drop something else down in its place.

LOL I *just* finished doing the same thing.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I had a few moments after my meetings tonight, and changed my configuration, so now the Nintendo Switch is giving my NAT capabilities a B. I only hope it's enough next time a good Turnip price comes around.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    May hit up some open gates this afternoon for some island hopping... my kids love seeing how other islands are laid out, which villagers everyone has, and checking out the different stock in the stores. What's the etiquette for visiting other islands? Not messing up people's flowers is a given, and I wouldn't take any fruit off trees without asking (not really necessary anymore since we have all types growing on our island now). Seems like checking out the stores would be fine, as long as we don't buy the limited supply items. Is going inside houses to check them out ok? What about talking to villagers... will that mess up people's games at all?

I'm opening my gates for anyone who wants to swing by. Nothing special going on and I'm not all that enamored with the Ables' offerings today but eh I've got nothing else to do while I'm watching LRR play Jackbox games.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Good to know about spreading out decorations. I jumped up to 4 star after just shuffling stuff around.

Some animals are awesome while others are just creepy.

s5fh1owo34d8.jpg
    gkxvqyjhwajt.jpg
    42le38eyj6ac.jpg
    e2nlfgj5jy1p.jpg
    0ko4iht7lydk.jpg
    y55pe5y5000v.jpg

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Your soul-stealing device has displeased Cleocatra.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I had a few moments after my meetings tonight, and changed my configuration, so now the Nintendo Switch is giving my NAT capabilities a B. I only hope it's enough next time a good Turnip price comes around.

Having had nat issues myself and since fixed them so I'm on a b rating, that should be fine.

B just means you're on wireless, save A is wired, both represent what you want to be seeing for ease of communication

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I keep seeing monuments and famous buildings, how are people getting those?!

Pyramid, easter island head, leaning tower of Pisa...

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky

I got the Sphinx from Gulliver

Pisa from Gulliver as well.

I got a pyramid from Gulliver.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    May hit up some open gates this afternoon for some island hopping... my kids love seeing how other islands are laid out, which villagers everyone has, and checking out the different stock in the stores. What's the etiquette for visiting other islands? Not messing up people's flowers is a given, and I wouldn't take any fruit off trees without asking (not really necessary anymore since we have all types growing on our island now). Seems like checking out the stores would be fine, as long as we don't buy the limited supply items. Is going inside houses to check them out ok? What about talking to villagers... will that mess up people's games at all?

I'm opening my gates for anyone who wants to swing by. Nothing special going on and I'm not all that enamored with the Ables' offerings today but eh I've got nothing else to do while I'm watching LRR play Jackbox games.

Thanks! 5yo was very excited to be “out” past his “bedtime.”

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Does everyone get to terraform or is this another prime player only thing?

Everyone gets terraforming.

I will never see it at this rate. As the non-prime player I cannot do things that advance the game state. Bunny day has completely killed my partners interest in the game - so until after April 12 I am scrubbing it up.

You can absolutely contribute to the island rating, which is the milestone needed to unlock the event that precedes terraforming.

Work on placing some kind of decoration in each grid area.

Or uh... maybe partner would let you play on their resident to advance?

TBH what’s confusing me more is where we are at. I recall from this thread the most important thing to do first is population. I don’t have the ability to build houses and even with our first camper in, I haven’t seen anyone on islands yet. Also haven’t had another camper.

I am prettifying up this Island though. Ry’leth looks less like a war zone now. Although I am tempted to make one beach covered in dragons teeth, barbed wire fences and put holes in the beach...

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Gulliver will give you replicas and clothes from the many places hes washed up on if you help him

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.

I forgot how I received my leaning tower, but I want to say it was from a floating balloon.

Definitely a criminal caper gone wrong.

Nice! What's your switch friend code or dodo code?

We got a list in the 1st post but 5173-3598-2899.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social

Geez, sorry about that. I even looked at the first post, but I went to the bottom looking and scrolled past the link at the top.

edited April 2020

Geez, sorry about that. I even looked at the first post, but I went to the bottom looking and scrolled past the link at the top.

No worries you're not the first to miss it! (EDIT: If I could edit my sig I would but that's a long-standing problem.)

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Good to know about spreading out decorations. I jumped up to 4 star after just shuffling stuff around.

What I actually did to get from 4->5 star was gather up or craft a bunch of stuff, then make sure I had 2-3 pieces in every square of the map grid. This made me realize that there was a surprising amount of space around edges and beaches that didn't have anything.

Yeah I made a bunch of manhole covers so I can make something small for each area, and then for the beaches I made a ton of tiki torches. Still only 4 star but I can fill it out eventually.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I has a Flick.

Still have nice jackets.

Also:
    "Royal Shirt"
    Pharaoah's outfit
    Camo Skirts
    Cycling Shorts
    Facial Mask
    Strappy heels
    Moccasins
    Tights/Stockings
    Etc.

I may not be paying attention, but I am open for a couple hours.
    2YNT3

--

Boo. Jock character did not like getting a pompadour. That would have been fantastic.

Incenjucar on
    OK, ratlings are closed for the night and so shall I. Thanks for visiting!

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Hmm, looks like you can't sell bugs to someone else's Flick.

[edit] My pants are full of spiders in Incenjucar's island.

ThePantsAssociation on
    unknown.png

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hmm, looks like you can't sell bugs to someone else's Flick.

[edit] My pants are full of spiders in Incenjucar's island.

Boo. I knew that was the case with CJ. I guess you don't get to borrow someone's super buyers. :(

This discussion has been closed.