As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Esc

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Esc

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    PeriSoftPeriSoft Registered User regular
    As a real-life amateur race car driver, I LOL'd harder at this strip than any of them in a long time. There have been moments...

Also, there have been a few drivers who've ragequit actual grands prix. Damon Hill ragequit the *entire sport* in 1999, for that matter - although I suppose that was a bit more of a malaisequit than anything. But yeah, it does happen.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Since someone will do what I do, drop in here hoping to read the actual details of this:

https://www.blackenterprise.com/bubba-wallace-loses-sponsorship-after-rage-quitting-nascar-iracing-event/
    According to Fox Sports, Wallace was one of the 32 drivers competing in the Food City Showdown at a virtual Bristol Motor Speedway on Sunday. Wallace crashed on the 11th lap of the 150 lap race when Clint Bowyer cut in front of Wallace’s car on a straightaway, then came up high and put Wallace into the wall. Wallace was so upset that he wound up rage-quitting, a popular gamer term for a player who gets so angry that they prematurely bow out of the competition. Wallace quit almost immediately after the crash.

“Y’all have a good one. That’s it. This is why I don’t take this [expletive] serious,” Wallace said on his Twitch stream immediately after the wreck. “Peace out!”

Wallace was given a DQ/DNF in the virtual race but he also received some real-life backlash. One of the driver’s sponsors, joint/muscle cream Blue-Emu didn’t take too kindly to his flippant attitude and decided to pull their sponsorship. Things could get worse for the driver. The company is a sponsor of Wallace’s real-life racing team and just recently signed a multi-year contract to become an official partner of NASCAR. Meaning the company will be in the space even after the pandemic passes and actual races resume.

So, he lost the sponsor as a virtual sponsor only so far, though there's a question of whether it'll impact his meat space sponsorship maybe.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    The driver giving the middle finger is...
    chefs_kiss_2.jpeg

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I'm curious what staying in the competition would have looked like, given he was in a wreck. Do they simulate emergency pit repairs and if the car can be fixed well enough to run he gets back in? Or is it just a case where he was out of the race and just had to not mouth off about it?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Some beautiful colors in this one.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I'm curious what staying in the competition would have looked like, given he was in a wreck. Do they simulate emergency pit repairs and if the car can be fixed well enough to run he gets back in? Or is it just a case where he was out of the race and just had to not mouth off about it?

You get a few "new cars", I believe NASCAR started with 3 and was going to reduce that number when the racers are familiar enough with the game (they use iRacing).

• Options
    PeriSoftPeriSoft Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Aldo is right; also, you can repair certain types of damage in the pits, with more significant damage taking longer to repair. Once you're out of resets, some damage is terminal and forces a retirement. Even minor damage will subtly (or dramatically) affect suspension and aero performance similarly to real life.

PeriSoft on
  • Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    Note: Poochie crashed on the way to his home planet

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Note: Poochie crashed on the way to his home planet

He didn’t believe in gravity, but gravity believed in him.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Also saying you don't take this seriously as you're quitting when you're being paid to participate is going to be frowned upon.

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    TheSchaefTheSchaef Registered User regular
    I'm not gonna lie, I'd probably watch F1 if it featured cars launching 30 feet into the air.

• Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    I'm not gonna lie, I'd probably watch F1 if it featured cars launching 30 feet into the air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuvHv_VRUM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsNYfvtzvwE

• Options
    Azur3flameAzur3flame Registered User regular
    Noclip + nitrous = eff this noise, I'm out

• Options
    SirTechnicalitySirTechnicality Registered User new member
    This came out on the day Rick May died

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    This came out on the day Rick May died

This person? Is there supposed to be some sort of relevance to the comic?