As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Hydra wizard it shall be. I'll probably focus early gambling on wands to try and land a Serpent Sparker and a Magistrate hat. I've lready got Tasker and Theo cubed and conclave of elements.

Watch out because the Hydra set is new and was not added to the Conquest list. So it doesn't actually qualify for the complete six sets on GR55 achievement or mastering 8 set dungeons (whichever one you're going for).

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Hydra wizard it shall be. I'll probably focus early gambling on wands to try and land a Serpent Sparker and a Magistrate hat. I've lready got Tasker and Theo cubed and conclave of elements.

Watch out because the Hydra set is new and was not added to the Conquest list. So it doesn't actually qualify for the complete six sets on GR55 achievement or mastering 8 set dungeons (whichever one you're going for).

True, but just running my Witchy Poo I've gotten at least 2 pcs of Firebird, Vyr's, and Tal's already, so it'd just be a matter of filling them out and run some riffs with them.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    So apparently I was playing the WD wrong which was part of why I was having so many problems with it. I was using Spirit Barrage as kind of a passive with Locust Swarm as the primary. Pro tip? Don't do that, lol. So now I just need a Mask of Jeram (which I already blew up one of in ignorance) and the never dropping Compass Rose. Went from barely doing T10 to almost GR70 solo, so we'll see how I manage.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I didn't need to use locust Swarm for a long while, since I didn't have the ring. Popped on yesterday during a work break and I got an Ancient ring with double crit and a socket! So now I'm using LS a lot in 80+ grifts.

I also found a cat mojo, and that's helped my survivability considerably, even though I do less damage, technically (I had an Ancient mojo, but the affix wasn't relevant).

Still haven't seen a mask of jeram, but I also need a proper gazing demise so I can cube the mask.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I've been running wormwood pretty much full-time in cube. It's great for quality of life / laziness

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Welp. I leveled a necro and a barb. I've been running LoD Singularity Mages, very squishy but VERY fast. Particularly good for T16 rifts.

Got my barb setup with the Wastes - WW build. I just set this up, it isn't optimized yet, but I already cleared a GR100 with it just on a "test" run. I forgot how powerful this build is!

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I got my solo HC barb to gr100 and while I'm pretty sure I can go higher (I still get procced by the occasional random damage spike, but generally I'm not threatened; but the game refuses to give me an ancient slanderer/little rogue, so I'm relying on a primal in-geom and ancient ambo, which are decent, but my dps can't go much higher as is, so it's slow), I decided to use him as a material and bs funnel for a wizard I decided to makem, before risking him pushing.

Because I can't stop. :rotate:

I don't play wizard often, but it never fails to shock me how stupid tanky they are, without requiring half your gear slots to be dedicated to damage reduction. Until they're suddenly not, but I suppose that's true with all the classes at high levels.

I haven't had the best luck getting gear, kadala and myriam hate me apparently. I'm using an intermediate typhon build that just uses hydra's while I get the gear to move to the arcane torrent version, but it's ok as is. Pretty harsh dps limit though. I might go back to LoD frozen orb now that I have more int gear to fill it out, but still lacking many decent artifacts.

EDIT: I keep running out of DB's and the yellow mats, so I have to stop and switch back over to my barb to farm some.

Is it faster, if that's what I'm aiming for, to spam nephilim rifts, or to do bounties? T16 is trivial for me, so I blow through both pretty fast.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited April 2020
    I’d vote rifts for strictly DBs, but bounties for DBs and yellows. The season I was pushing bounty count I had sooo many extra salvage mats.

You can also convert 100 of one type into 100 of another, there’s three cube recipes to do so.

e: autocorrect

Noggin on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Last night I made a HC WD so I could power level them to 70 and get swamp waders for my wizard.

I'm now casually blowing through T16 with that WD, because of course I am. Who needs wizards anyway.

I'm loving HC, I never thought I would, I've avoided it in games my whole life.

I wonder, though, if that's because I haven't died yet, and have been, at least in my own mind, pretty successful. The close calls are exciting. I just have yet to have that actual loss.

It might not seem so fun, when that inevitably happens. :lol:

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Hardcore is much more fun than it would seem.

There is a mental barrier with loss that you have to get over that I think a lot of people struggle with.

However that very real risk of loss increases the moments of excitement dramatically and creates for a very enjoyable experience.

I didn't really "get" it either until I started dabbling in it.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    It’s also sort of nice that it gives a purpose to extra gear.

There was always the mental barrier of loss, but after years of gotta go fast you may have to make a conscious effort to break out of that mindset to protect yourself. At least initially. See: all my RIP’d DHs

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    A friend of mine has a geared out barb, so when I rolled one up, I was pretty much geared up as soon as I hit 70. Whirlwind is kind of nuts.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    A friend of mine has a geared out barb, so when I rolled one up, I was pretty much geared up as soon as I hit 70. Whirlwind is kind of nuts.

This is always the best way to play.
    HexDex wrote: »
    Hardcore is much more fun than it would seem.

There is a mental barrier with loss that you have to get over that I think a lot of people struggle with.

However that very real risk of loss increases the moments of excitement dramatically and creates for a very enjoyable experience.

I didn't really "get" it either until I started dabbling in it.

Plus Hex gets the entertainment of watching @Noggin and I die, having to power level up another and watching it die yet again.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Hex’s true motives revealed :twisted:

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I stopped playing HC the moment I had 100% of the Achievements for it. I don't trust my internet/PC enough for that shit.

• Options
    Honestly next season we should all just start on Hardcore

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    I am game for that.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Honestly next season we should all just start on Hardcore

Sounds good. A nice change to the game.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Trying to clean up my stash somewhat and worked out that I have all the sets for 4 classes now on HC. EDIT: I need to start knocking out the set dungeons. I need them wings. I put together the gear for a chantoto/vyr wizard build and while it is crazy strong in brief testing, without the Swami, it is also crazy fragile. So I need to get that. But it's also weird to play, just a style that requires a type of, I don't know how else to describe it, boom and bust cycle where you're just working to get back into your archon to continue.

I'll probably use it to do some bounties later, and practice how it goes. I'd go with crimson to reduce cooldowns more (at ~57% atm with not super optimized gear), but I've got a primal Fazula's belt (why I tried it to begin with), and while belts aren't exactly a font of attributes, it's a flat 50 stacks, and frees up a cube slot. I might try bludd's version still with a rrog but for the swami and a furnace in the cube for more boss dps, or for unity or aquila if I'm not pushing and just want to avoid dying.

Both my barb and weirdly quickly (probably because I spent a lot of time earlier this season on a softcore WD, so I knew what I was looking for) my WD have basically complete gear sets, just looking for better rolls and/or ancients, and both farm T16 extremely fast (for me, anyway, I'm sure it'd be slow for some). I'm debating how much I want to figure out the archon build on my wizard, but I think it's t16 capable if I can get the swami, it does as much damage, if not more, than I'm doing on my barb and wd, just plays so weirdly that I have a hard time seeing how it could translate to speed, despite seeing a number of speed variants of it out there. Maybe I'll just go back to typhon as it's a more traditional style I'm used to. Though, now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder how well explosive blast would build chantoto stacks; I might try replacing torrent and slow time with explosive blast and teleport and put aether walker in the cube, to zoom through maps with explosive blast going off until I get chantoto stacks to kill elite packs or big hordes of mobs. It might not be as straight efficient as the meta builds, but it might fit more into how I'm used to playing currently. Then again, I might go back to my crusader and refit her valor stuff to move from FoH to HF to see if I can solo gr100 (my completely arbitrary goal for hc, this season at least).

I might start up one of the classes I don't have, but monk/dh seem overwhelming going to a completely different base stat than any of the gear I've got on hand, and I was planning on going DH next season when the new set comes out. Necro...dunno, I played enough last season to know that they're so squishy that doing one on HC feels...dangerous.

So many things to do! I'm also aiming to completely fill out my cubes on softcore and hardcore. I know that it is reset for seasonal, but it'd be nice to just have them complete for non seasonal for my own sanity with completionism. I think if I knew they were "done", then for the seasons themselves, I'd be more ok with only cubing the things I need for what I'm doing, instead of hanging on to waaaaaaay too much crap until I have bounty materials to cube, and can instead use bounty materials for rerolls.

Next season looks like Impale for DH or Sunwuko for Monk for the Gift. Maybe I'll give those a go this season to see which I'd rather go with as my first character for next season. Sunwuko Tempest Rush looks basically like Monk WW, so that might be the more likely, as something I'm more accustomed to.

If folks do HC next season, definitely count me in. I've never played HC other than solo, so that should be interesting.

EDIT: what is the point of seasonal achievements, outside of conquests? They don't add to your score, and none of them stick around afterward. They seem to be the same every season too. Just...because?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Count me in too then. I wasn’t going to lead that charge, but I’d be down for a full HC season.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    I've got a list of "secret" transmog items that I'm trying to figure out what I've got and what I don't, and I'm super confused.

Some seem to be account-wide and some...don't? And there doesn't seem to be any clear indication of which, or why. EDIT: I know that the game is super picky about what items can be transmogged to what types, and whether or not classes can use an item to allow it to be transmogged, and so on. I'm checking on multiple classes.

Darkening of Tristram items? Unlocked everywhere, and since it was last season, there's clearly something telling those items to be account wide. Throne of the Immortal (the glowy skorn)? Just seasonal, and I'm not 100% sure if I did it both on SC and HC, but they both have it. Hamburger from whimsyshire? Only softcore (season or not, again not sure if I got it both places individually). EDIT: It doesn't seem to be a necessarily SC/HC thing either, I've got the crustacean helm on non-seasonal SC and seasonal HC, but not seasonal SC.

Is there a list of what things actually unlock on your account? I know normal legendary/sets don't stay unlocked each season, but some transmogs that are "special" definitely do, but some seem to not.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    I've got a list of "secret" transmog items that I'm trying to figure out what I've got and what I don't, and I'm super confused.

Some seem to be account-wide and some...don't? And there doesn't seem to be any clear indication of which, or why.

Darkening of Tristram items? Unlocked everywhere, and since it was last season, there's clearly something telling those items to be account wide. Throne of the Immortal (the glowy skorn)? Just seasonal, and I'm not 100% sure if I did it both on SC and HC, but they both have it. Hamburger from whimsyshire? Only softcore (season or not, again not sure if I got it both places individually).

Is there a list of what things actually unlock on your account? I know normal legendary/sets don't stay unlocked each season, but some transmogs that are "special" definitely do, but some seem to not.

Dang, I forgot who it was but there was one person who was on and knew all of the transmog stuff... Dang, wish I remember their name now so I can ping them. They hung out in the PAF channel and would ask me if anybody needed a certain transmog or item from time to time.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Lost my Crusader. Having not played her in awhile lessened the blow.

Either way, not nearly as devastating as I feared. More frustrating than anything as it was a result of the perpetual problem I have had with the Crusader Steed where probably 1/4 of the time it'll go off but I'll be stuck in place. Ah well, since I had backup of the valor gear all I really lost was the gems and playtime on the specific character, I can get another 70 in about 20 minutes. Not sure I want another Crusader though, I couldn't figure out a build I liked much.

• Options
    Only Crusader build I liked was the shield throw LoN build (Captain America). Never tried anything else.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    If you're going to do the new challenge rift, hope you're used to playing with force move; hope you have it bound!

I'm not convinced there isn't some algorithm that spits out these "builds".

But if someone actually plays like this, I'm not sure if I feel sorry for them, or if they should feel sorry.

• Options
    I probably won't log in to see it. What is it exactly?

• Options
    If you're going to do the new challenge rift, hope you're used to playing with force move; hope you have it bound!

I'm not convinced there isn't some algorithm that spits out these "builds".

But if someone actually plays like this, I'm not sure if I feel sorry for them, or if they should feel sorry.

A few seasons ago a few of us swore that Blizzard went out of their way to look for troll build runs since they were so painful to do. They do pull from real runs which sucks.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    forty wrote: »
    I probably won't log in to see it. What is it exactly?

I don't know if there's a way to link the challenge from the site or anything.

Gear wise it's basically everything you can craft at 70.

But they've got a 92 LOD. :rotate: So they've got some way to feed materials and such. Blessed Hammer stuff in the cube.

Build doesn't have any wrath generation and Gabriels Vambraces (cubed) only do so much in a GR, when nothing else has any wrath generation. I guess shield glare is supposed to do it, but there's literally no cost reduction on anything, or wrath gen on weapon/shield. No zodiac or messerschmit for cooldown reduction so you've got a long wait on shield glare, and particularly champion.

Here's where I'll give whoever was using it some room, and blame the horribleness of the "build" on Blizzard and not the player. They've also got goldwrap, Hoarder and Avarice. So the setup clearly isn't intended for GR's, and it'd probably work perfectly fine, if pretty slow, in a NR or low torment bounties. It tells me that even if these aren't produced by an algorithm, they're entirely automated, and clearly no one looked at this before it went out. EDIT: super squishy.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    It still has to have been taken into a GR since that's where the base time to beat comes from isn't it?

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I just tried it and it's fine. I would never call it good, but despite having fuck all for defense it worked out okay. The blind and taunt both generate resource, and akkarat's champion or whatever.

Having steed on left mouse bothered me much less because I *do* use force move normally.

• Options
    Always bind mousewheel up and down as force move

This has the bonus of making stutterstep builds actually playable if you have a mousewheel that can freespin.

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Is Curses! doable on Switch? Feels like the mob density/spawn rate wasn’t nearly enough to hit it solo. I’m using a UE demon hunter to clear T16 regularly, and this was TX so I don’t see it as a DPS issue.

• Options
    Russad wrote: »
    Is Curses! doable on Switch? Feels like the mob density/spawn rate wasn’t nearly enough to hit it solo. I’m using a UE demon hunter to clear T16 regularly, and this was TX so I don’t see it as a DPS issue.

If it is like the PS4, then yeah it is nearly impossible to do. The spawn lag is too slow. I haven't played it on the Switch yet, but I'm going to guess it is the same.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    That’s disappointing, but I was able to bang out Boss Mode just now (with about 3 seconds to spare, after I forgot Izual and had to check the achievement to see what was missing...).

I’ve already got a wizard at level 70 and have done a GR55 with each DH set, so I guess that’s that.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Some seem to be account-wide and some...don't? And there doesn't seem to be any clear indication of which, or why.

Darkening of Tristram items? Unlocked everywhere, and since it was last season, there's clearly something telling those items to be account wide. Throne of the Immortal (the glowy skorn)? Just seasonal, and I'm not 100% sure if I did it both on SC and HC, but they both have it. Hamburger from whimsyshire? Only softcore (season or not, again not sure if I got it both places individually).

Dang, I forgot who it was but there was one person who was on and knew all of the transmog stuff... Dang, wish I remember their name now so I can ping them. They hung out in the PAF channel and would ask me if anybody needed a certain transmog or item from time to time.

It was me. ^.^
    With the exception of the armor rewarded for seasons and other account unlocks the dropped transmog items are supposed to be unlocked in season. Some are bugged and unlock in season from previous unlocks. It's not even consistent each season, sometimes mace of crows is unlocked(crowbar), sometimes not. (I've been playing guild wars of late, but drop into this thread every so often) Here's a link to the list of them. (wirt's original leg is crazy difficult to get.) At some point I'll dig out my authenticator and share them again, have everything in my stash on non-seasonal.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/list-of-all-wings-cosmetics-pets-and-promos/61

• Options
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »

It was me. ^.^
    With the exception of the armor rewarded for seasons and other account unlocks the dropped transmog items are supposed to be unlocked in season. Some are bugged and unlock in season from previous unlocks. It's not even consistent each season, sometimes mace of crows is unlocked(crowbar), sometimes not. (I've been playing guild wars of late, but drop into this thread every so often) Here's a link to the list of them. (wirt's original leg is crazy difficult to get.) At some point I'll dig out my authenticator and share them again, have everything in my stash on non-seasonal.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/list-of-all-wings-cosmetics-pets-and-promos/61

Ah thanks for popping in!!! Also I'll TRY to remember you this time. Honestly, I'm not too confident in remembering names since that is one thing I'm terrible at. So sorry in advance if I forget your name again.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    I played diablo iii on PC when it was first released. Now, playing it again on switch (a release which includes the ros expansion) there seems to be not only additional content in the form of the new act V, but also new areas in the older acts (barbarian stronghold, creepy cultist temple, haunted moores and forgotten treasure Island).

Is there any linear story content associated with these areas, and if so, how do i access it? I really like the design of those areas, and would love to play them "properly" instead of just zipping in and out in adventure mode...

• Options
    Nope, they're just adventure mode only areas, unfortunately. My guess is they were assets that were like 95% completed but they didn't have time to work them into the campaign so they eventually pushed them the little bit extra to make them playable adventure zones.

• Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Nope, they're just adventure mode only areas, unfortunately. My guess is they were assets that were like 95% completed but they didn't have time to work them into the campaign so they eventually pushed them the little bit extra to make them playable adventure zones.

Too bad! Those area felt really interesting and esthetically appealing in a way the base game struggled to be. Would have loved to see what a second expansion would have turned the game in to.

Thinking back on my experience with the game on release it is pretty crazy how much that changed over the years. Console release! Adventure mode! Crazy improved drop tables! Seasons! No RMAH!

• Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    There are some lore elements that you can find by exploring those areas.

There's an Ancient Tower that shows up rarely on Greyhollow Isle, for instance. And if you find an NPC called Daivin the Adventurer, he'll lead you on a quest to the Temple of the Firstborn.

This discussion has been closed.