As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Undefined discussion subject.

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Unknown User on

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Someone is about to get thrown out of a window here, aren't they?

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    q8jlab-Jvuem9rDc.jpg

• Options
    Jgr9Jgr9 Registered User regular
    It's as original as this comic.

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    From what I've seen of Valorant, its not that the abilities themselves aren't that original. Its that the characters using them are some of the blandest designs I've seen in a while. They all look like the default skins you'd get when starting something like Fortnite rather than striking, original characters. Especially compared to stuff like Bleeding Edge, where even the usual character types like 'Big Muscular Dude', 'Small Animal in a Mech Suit' and 'Ninja guy with Sword' have some really clever and unique designs that look like actual thought went into them.

If this is the best Riot came come up with, I'd rather the abilities are chosen by giving each character a class, and let the actual character be customisable.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Jgr9 wrote: »
    It's as original as this comic.

I assumed it was some kind of meta-commentary

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Haven’t seen much of it , but what I have seen is holy shit that so counter strike it hurts.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Haven’t seen much of it , but what I have seen is holy shit that so counter strike it hurts.

I learned recently counter strike goes to 15 rounds to win a match now and jesus when I played it almost twenty years ago it was like best of 3?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ragnarok628ragnarok628 Registered User regular
    I assume the joke is that the arrow ability is exactly like one in Overwatch but I don't play overwatch so I dunno

• Options
    SyzygySyzygy Registered User regular
    This comic is WAY off base and COMPLETELY mischaracterizes Riot!

Everyone knows Riot normalizes dude-bro culture and sexual harassment and there's a woman in the second panel not getting harassed sexually while her boss blocks off doorways and jerks off onto plants.

I... I dunno how office based sexual harassment actually works. I just remember that huge stink last summer about Riot being a shitty place to work. Doesn't surprise me they'd be artistically bankrupt on top of being ethically bankrupt.

• Options
    TransluciaTranslucia Registered User regular
    i didnt enjoy looking up what an abattoir was

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    q8jlab-Jvuem9rDc.jpg

Hah, I just noticed that he's even wearing a Hanzo hoodie. I didn't catch that at first.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    gaming_librariangaming_librarian Turn your face to the sun... Registered User regular
    Also, I just noticed that (I think) the lady in panel 2 is sporting a very Sombra haircut. That has to be intentional.

• Options
    SilkBotSilkBot Registered User regular
    Who would compare a CS:GO knock-off to Overwatch? Even if there is a similar "ability" that makes zero sense.

Also, I feel this is overlooking "Overwatch: Obviously this game is going to be compared to TF2 -> A healer with a gun that shoots healing beams is a fresh idea."

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I assume the joke is that the arrow ability is exactly like one in Overwatch but I don't play overwatch so I dunno

Hmm.. a arrow shot that does a AOE revealing enemies in it’s radius? Why does that sound familiar...

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch