As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mount and Blade:Warband-X Mod better than Y Mod- Z Mod okay

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    there's also a mod that lets you just skip that quest, you just get the clan growth quests to unlock joining/forming kingdoms or factions

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    I do love that the main quest starts out all "Find your kidnapped siblings!"

and then has you fuck around for...a very long time looking chasing lords. For reasons. I have 20k denars! And 100 high end troops! I am reasonably certain I can bribe or murder my relatives free thanks.

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Okay, getting pretty sick of the "find the nobles" quest (yes, I broke down and started playing). Sometime mentioned a mod or something that let's you teleport to the remaining lords to finish it off? I'm having zero luck finding it and I'd really appreciate any help.

It's not a mod, you just have to enable cheat mode. Go into Documents > Mount and Blade II Bannerlord > Configs and open engine_config.txt. Look for the line "cheatmode = 0" and change the zero to a one. Then load the game and you can ctrl+left click to teleport wherever on the map your cursor currently is. I would typically teleport around randomly until I saw a noble, talk to them to find a new quest target, check the Encyclopedia to see where they were last seen, and then teleport around that area until I find them.

Just be careful because when cheat mode enabled, your inventory screen will act like a shop where you can get any item in the game for free. :biggrin: You can also ctrl+H in battle to refill your health, and shift+ctrl+H to refill your horse's health. Those are the only ones I've used.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

and then has you fuck around for...a very long time looking chasing lords. For reasons. I have 20k denars! And 100 high end troops! I am reasonably certain I can bribe or murder my relatives free thanks.

The tone is a bit disjointed but not entirely unreasonable. I recall one noble in late medieval Bohemia/modern Czech Republic that had to wait a number of years for his family to afford to ransom him.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Okay, I cheated around the map to find all the lords. I know that probably *seemed* like a good idea - get the lay of the land, learn who everyone is - but in practice, hoo boy.

I've gotten Quite Good at tournaments, but I spent a long while losing at them. Now they're basically how I pay my army. I'm actually a little sad when they reward an upgrade, because that means I'll be selling it for less.

• ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular

The Vikings DLC for WB did a much better job of this, because you were hunting down people to ask them about your mom or the kidnappers, not 10 pieces of exposition about some seemingly unrelated historical event.

It also didn't unlock anything gameplay related, as far as I can recall, which is pretty obnoxious.

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

The Vikings DLC for WB did a much better job of this, because you were hunting down people to ask them about your mom or the kidnappers, not 10 pieces of exposition about some seemingly unrelated historical event.

It also didn't unlock anything gameplay related, as far as I can recall, which is pretty obnoxious.

Yeah, I'm hoping they add a Sandbox mode like Warband had (I'm pretty sure they will since one of the modules is called Sandbox, but who knows). The quest is okay, but I don't really want to do it more than once or twice.

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I think I got a weird quest bug. Send a companion to complete a find my daughter quest. Send him out with a few bonus troops just to be safe.

Quest times out. I get no rep ding for it failing, but now my dude is listed as Holding in a town. When I visit the town he is nowhere to be seen.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
    Koreg wrote: »
    I think I got a weird quest bug. Send a companion to complete a find my daughter quest. Send him out with a few bonus troops just to be safe.

Quest times out. I get no rep ding for it failing, but now my dude is listed as Holding in a town. When I visit the town he is nowhere to be seen.

Just got that on a different quest. Had to kick them and rehire.

Yeah, I'm hoping they add a Sandbox mode like Warband had (I'm pretty sure they will since one of the modules is called Sandbox, but who knows). The quest is okay, but I don't really want to do it more than once or twice.

I hope they add ships! But yeah, they're probably forcing us through story mode to get it tested. If sandbox were an option, I suspect most would choose it.

• korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    The beta branch of 1.1.0's patch notes are up, and they are extensive.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/2199387653447817592
    Singleplayer

Crashes
    Fixed a rare formation AI exception.
    Fixed a crash that occurred when a mount without a rider heard an arrow.
    Fixed a crash that occurred at the end of the "Army of Poachers" quest when the AI tries to continue fighting.
    Fixed a crash that happens when a campaign is started for the second time without exiting the game.
    Fixed a crash that occurred when selecting the option to attack in the “Rival Gang Leader” quest after loading a game.
    Fixed a crash that occurred when AI characters tried to barter prisoners.
    Fixed a bug where talking to a companion in settlements during the main storyline would crash the game.
    Fixed a crash in main storyline conspiracy phase.

Performance
    Ram and VRAM usage is reduced and many leaks are fixed.
    Scene loading performance improvements.

Improvements, additions and corrections for Turkish and Simplified Chinese translations.

Art
    Added new armour "Northern Lamellar Shoulders".
    Added new armour "Plated Helmet".
    Assigned a banner to poachers and other neutral parties.
    Overhauled all of the NPC faces to reduce asymmetry, tone down exaggerations and create culturally appropriate and appealing phenotypes.
    Updated some of the lords and ladies faces for a more culturally appropriate look.
    Updated nav meshes in “sea_bandit_a”, ”battle_terrain_p”, “battle_terrain_020”, “battle_terrain_029” and “battle_terrain_030”. This should resolve unwanted fights in water and improve fleeing behaviour in these scenes.
    “Aserai_town_a” civilian scene related fixes.
    “Aserai_town_b” civilian scene related fixes
    “Empire_town_j” siege scene siege related fixes and seasonal improvements.
    “Khuzait_town_004” siege related fixes and visual improvements.
    “Aserai_castle_002” siege related fixes.
    “Vlandia_castle_005a” siege related fixes.
    “Sturgia_castle_003” siege related fixes.
    “Khuzait_castle_002” siege related fixes.
    Night atmosphere illumination amounts adjusted.
    Visual fixes for battle scenes.
    Winter season issues with steppe scenes have been fixed.
    Winter related problems with the outer meshes are solved.
    Low-poly tree meshes are now used in hideout prefabs.
    Agent spawn positions in some scenes are fixed.
    Fixed a season problem with Aserai's arena.
    An issue with Battania arena spawn points being too close to each other is fixed.
    Fixed some scene issues of Aserai Village.
    Fixed merlon physics issues of Vlandian Castle parts.
    Fixed some lighting issues of Empire Lords Hall.
    Fixed physics issues of Battania Castle Wall.
    Fixed UV issues of Sturgia Castle Gatehouse.
    Fixed an error while opening the Forest Hideout scene.
    Refined snowy atmospheres.
    Beard intersecting helmet issues were fixed for:
    -western_plated_helmet
    Empire_guarded_lord_helmet"

Nordic sloven armour's bones problem fixed.
    Fixed clothing clipping issues.
    Replaced some textures and meshes.
    Updates on Hero Creation Stages:
    Some clothes updates.
    Poses overhaul.
    Face animation.
    Scene lighting.
    Skin shader updates.
    Specular texture channels updated.
    Diffuse Texture updated.
    Beard /tattoo material:
    Alpha and colour updates.

Campaign Map
    Parties participating in an event are no longer moving, which fixes some footstep sound issues.

Audio
    Fixed that Campaign music could play many tracks in quick succession.

UI
    Implemented trade perks that relate to profit in inventory.
    Minor UI tweaks and fixes in Crafting, Barter, Save/Load, Recruitment, Board Game, Siege screens.
    "No Saddle" visuals in Inventory.
    Removed helmets from hero portraits to see their faces more clearly.
    Added Weight Carrying Mount and Speed Mount icons in inventory mount tooltip panel.
    Fixed a spacing issue with 'ğ' character in Turkish localisation.
    Fixed barter offer item visuals not being visible.
    Enabled being able to give names with space and numbers in creation.
    Fixed two hints showing up in inventory equipment slots.
    Changed character developer traits from texts to icons.
    Implemented a basic item tooltip, now players can see the basic stats of a tournament prize item.
    Added a "Busy with an issue" or "Busy with a quest" or "Busy with a common area" notifications in Create a Party instead of just a "Busy" explanation.
    Fixed attribute and focus point tooltips to reflect correct numbers.
    Moved NumberOfCorpses and MaxSimultaneousSoundEventCount to performance options.
    Implemented being able to sort/move modules in the launcher.
    Renamed "Resume Game" to "Saved Games".
    Added minor faction filter to clan page list page.
    Added tooltips to map bar circle notifications.
    Added new perk icons.
    Fixed banner visual errors with some icons and banner icons not matching with the UI.

Battles and Sieges
    Simulated battles no longer give more XP than fought battles.
    Added missing patrol spawn positions to forest hideout scenes. Forest hideout missions should now open normally.

Combat AI
    AI quality for NPCs is now determined by skill points in the current weapon's governing skill instead of overall character level.
    A tactics bug related to the defensive ring that occurred when archers ran out of ammunition has been fixed.
    An issue in caravan/villager battles that could potentially cause unexpected behaviour at agent processing level was corrected.
    Cavalry not being able to hit enemies right next to them when they had swingable weapons and circling each other endlessly issue fixed.
    Bodyguard troops could rarely stop moving when their commander died, this is now fixed.
    Mounted agents can calculate enemy positions better and thus more accurately aim their thrust attacks.
    Some agents couldn't move properly due to invisible scene AI barriers. This has been fixed.
    Fixed some Sea Bandit AI issues.
    Agents attack less often if the combat AI difficulty is set to normal.
    Holding ready duration for attacks was added as a driven property and tied to melee combat skill in order to make easier/less able AI agents fight less relentlessly (i.e. they will wait for a while before releasing their attack).

Character Development System
    Level 1 characters now start with 120 skill points.
    Reduced XP required to learn higher skill levels.
    Troops can now upgrade more easily.
    Reduced wanderers' skills outside their main area of expertise, making them easier to level up.
    Made wanderer age correlate roughly with their skills.

Kingdoms and Diplomacy
    Fixed bug where fiefs were regarded to have a negative value in barters if the “Everything Has a Price” perk was enabled.
    Fixed a rare bug where the AI proposed a kingdom decision on behalf of the player clan.

Economy and Trade
    Prices for armour were changed and high tier boots and gauntlets now cost more.
    Range weapon prices have been re-adjusted.

Quests & Issues

Reviewed about a third of the quest issues, improving dialogues and persuasion:
    Major changes in particular to “Family Feud” and “Spy Party”.

Other
    Icons on banners and shields were not appearing. They are fixed now.
    Updated "Imperial Legionary" equipment.
    Minor updates to Sturgian troop tree equipment.
    Added more variation to caravan master's equipment.
    Added more variation to helmet drops from troops.
    Various other fixes to troop trees and stats.
    Armour values of various equipment have changed to better match their visuals and increase faction armour variety.
    Armour values of mount bardings and harnesses were changed to match their visuals.
    Riding a horse without a saddle now incurs 10% penalty to max horse speed and manoeuvring.
    NPC agents carrying heavy items (apple baskets etc.) will no longer run (with items in hand) when the player asks them to take him/her to a particular agent.
    Added an "Exposure Compensation" option that allows players to adjust the brightness levels of the visuals to their preference.
    Fixed missing items for blacksmith characters in towns.
    Some grammar mistakes and typos were fixed.
    Fixes a bug that caused the player character to be invisible.
    Fixed a bug that caused characters to spawn without any equipment.

Multiplayer

Animations

Fixed some wrong cavalry idle animations.
    Fixed a rare condition in which client rider gets stuck in defence animation after a successful hit.

Audio
    Implemented a Voice Spamming Filter for multiplayer.

Design & Balance
    Damage interrupt threshold values are set as 5.
    Headshot damage multiplier is increased from 1.7 to 2 for pierce damage.

Map Related
    Bug fixes for Harbour of Ovsk.
    Bug fixes and improvements for Castle of Fen Altai.
    Some spawn locations are re-adjusted for team balance. Atmosphere has changed.
    Added particles to be formed when the breakable wall is damaged.

Other - Miscellaneous
    Slow-motion and pause cheats are disallowed during multiplayer matches.

Performance
    Decreased bandwidth usage of impact sounds.

Server & Network
    Server Improvements.

Both - Singleplayer & Multiplayer

Crash
    If the AI is not holding a ranged weapon, it tries to find a ranged weapon in its equipment and uses this weapon to calculate attacking scores against distant enemies. During this weapon selection, some equipment was causing a crash. This was fixed.

Performance
    Improved the performance of the sound system.
    Big improvements for the multi-core performance of the game.
    We now select Maximum sound count according to your CPU's core count. You can increase this setting if you have a recent CPU. We've also added a new very low(64) option.
    Some other minor performance improvements.

Audio
    UI sounds don't get cut by other UI events anymore.
    Added "is missile" check to crafted weapons' impact sounds (like Throwing Axes).
    Fixed Ballista reload sound phasing.
    Minor changes in the hearable distance of loud sounds.
    Fixed some Vlandian scenes opening up with an echo.

Combat AI
    Improved the calculation of ranged units for the enemy's future position.
    Ranged units can target mounts or different enemy bones. Cases that caused errors during this calculation are fixed.
    After issuing the "Hold Fire" command, the AI weapon selection gives less priority to ranged weapons that have a secondary melee mode.

Other
    Added an option to disable controller vibration.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    Fixed a crash that occurred when a mount without a rider heard an arrow.

That's an.... interesting bug.

UI:
    Implemented trade perks that relate to profit in inventory.

Oh, good. That didn't seem to be working, but wasn't sure if I just didn't understand what it was trying to say.

I swear, the stuff people are able to come up with using the banner creator, just using simple shapes:

3zwwex4bqdxp.png

• CampyCampy Registered User regular
    "Simulated battles no longer give more XP than fought battles."

Sooo, does this mean real battles give more XP? Or has my XP farming gone down the pan?

edited April 2020
    Wow they were not kidding about that XP reduction on higher level skills. Skills that were around the 80s are jumping 30-40 points, skills that were around 150 are jumping to the mid 200s.
    Campy wrote: »
    "Simulated battles no longer give more XP than fought battles."

Sooo, does this mean real battles give more XP? Or has my XP farming gone down the pan?

Well XP requirements have been reduced in general, so it will probably feel like an improvement either way.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
    Like, seriously

ak76i7a7cnio.png

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I like this beta patch a lot, characters skills actually growing.

I'm not even sure I want to opt in to the beta patch or wait for it to be rolled out for reals. Those changes look immense.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Well, my old save doesn't work in the beta branch, oh well.

also, if you're having issues with some mods crashing the game on startup, you might try this one:

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/205

It's a fixed/improved launcher I just started using. You'll have to redownload it every time the game updates, but it lets you change the order the mods/client loads up, and can automatically reorder them appropriately (as far as I've seen so far) with a button, which has fixed some of the issues I had.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Okay, I've played the snot out of this game for the last two days and I think I've kind of exhausted it for now? I've built up and lost armies a few times, figured out how to properly raid caravans for The Good Loot, participated in some seiges, been awarded a castle and some villages and played around with management.

Which isn't to say I won't go back, but I think I'll wait and go back after some more work has been put into it, so I'm not bored of it when actual new stuff comes out.

Quick Q though - everyone in this game seems to run at 2x speed as me. It's not a huge issue, as I'm usually ahorse anyway, but it can make arena fights frustrating. Am I just missing a button?

Okay, I've played the snot out of this game for the last two days and I think I've kind of exhausted it for now? I've built up and lost armies a few times, figured out how to properly raid caravans for The Good Loot, participated in some seiges, been awarded a castle and some villages and played around with management.

Which isn't to say I won't go back, but I think I'll wait and go back after some more work has been put into it, so I'm not bored of it when actual new stuff comes out.

Quick Q though - everyone in this game seems to run at 2x speed as me. It's not a huge issue, as I'm usually ahorse anyway, but it can make arena fights frustrating. Am I just missing a button?

Run speed is tied to your Athletics skill.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    In all the years I've played M&B I don't think I've ever had a character that has ever run faster than even the most basic troops.

Mainly because running on the ground is for fucking peasants or knights what can't horse good. :razz:

edit- And for those maybe on the fence for buying Bannerlord, the Launch Discount (of 20%) ends tomorrow, April 13th.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • MassenaMassena Registered User regular

Run speed is tied to your Athletics skill.

I believe I saw something about larger people having models that cover more ground faster as well. So if you're smaller, you have a smaller hit box, but move slower, I think?

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    In all the years I've played M&B I don't think I've ever had a character that has ever run faster than even the most basic troops.

Mainly because running on the ground is for fucking peasants or knights what can't horse good. :razz:

edit- And for those maybe on the fence for buying Bannerlord, the Launch Discount (of 20%) ends tomorrow, April 13th.

Man, fuck horses. I'll stand on my own two feet, thank you very much. And any dickhead cavalry that tries any shit is gonna get merked via my +4 Spear of HorseMurdering

But for real, I just like running around and meleeing on foot. I don't currently have any cavalry so it's just infantry and some crossbowmen for now, but I do have a shitload of horses in my inventory to increase world map speed and carry limit.

Also, is there a way to have more than 3 workshops? I want all the low-maintenance monies plz

JtgVX0H.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I have being playing way too much Captain mode and I kind of want to write too much text about various roles and how to play them.

But also like, so much of my experience is coloured and immediately soiled by heavy infantry players who think their only job is to sit in a shield wall on a flank objective and never move or by cavalry who want to just charge immediately and expect good value.

• FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    So I've found my new banner
    mdtcm18qeh9q.jpg
    1.148.84.1459.1481.768.768.0.1.0.503.116.116.1.1.764.756.0.0.0.505.83.116.459.1555.169.811.0.0.0.505.84.116.319.1400.183.754.0.0.0.534.116.116.295.223.1203.892.0.0.2.427.116.116.145.157.1398.952.0.0.-4.510.116.116.161.214.1343.878.0.0.91.510.116.116.161.214.1451.876.0.0.88.534.116.116.79.79.106.937.0.0.-14.427.116.116.51.55.166.967.0.0.-18.510.116.116.56.75.153.937.0.0.77.510.116.116.56.75.190.946.0.0.74.527.116.116.60.77.236.963.0.0.-14.527.116.116.66.77.240.963.0.0.-14.526.116.116.76.76.293.970.0.0.-11.510.116.116.55.49.296.992.0.0.128.510.116.116.55.49.302.953.0.0.28.534.116.116.128.128.1303.487.0.0.-6.427.116.116.82.89.1404.524.0.0.-10.510.116.116.91.121.1379.479.0.0.85.510.116.116.91.121.1439.485.0.0.82.527.116.116.98.125.1515.503.0.0.-6.527.116.116.107.125.1523.503.0.0.-6.526.116.116.123.123.1607.503.0.0.-3.510.116.116.89.80.1617.538.0.0.136.510.116.116.89.80.1619.476.0.0.36.427.116.116.46.50.167.540.0.0.4.510.116.116.52.69.147.519.0.0.99.510.116.116.52.69.181.513.0.0.96.527.116.116.56.71.226.512.0.0.8.527.116.116.61.71.230.511.0.0.8.526.116.116.70.70.277.499.0.0.11.510.116.116.50.45.287.517.0.0.150.510.116.116.50.45.280.482.0.0.50.505.83.116.873.1855.769.740.0.0.0.503.84.116.400.400.764.756.1.0.0.511.116.116.310.319.763.646.0.0.180.503.116.116.75.75.662.746.0.0.0.503.116.116.75.75.864.746.0.0.0.500.116.116.500.624.764.1091.0.0.180.505.83.116.576.429.764.1214.0.0.0.503.83.116.175.175.524.969.0.0.0.503.83.116.175.175.999.969.0.0.0.510.83.116.112.327.921.575.0.0.135.510.83.116.112.327.609.575.0.0.45.506.128.116.19.20.652.724.0.0.121.506.128.116.19.20.877.724.0.0.57.510.84.116.88.400.965.516.1.1.180.510.84.116.88.400.577.516.1.1.180.510.154.116.50.400.930.508.1.1.205.510.154.116.50.400.612.508.1.1.155.510.84.116.400.400.772.493.1.0.180.528.116.116.56.56.693.493.0.0.180.510.116.116.38.26.688.498.0.0.4.510.116.116.52.33.727.496.0.0.97.510.116.116.56.33.739.495.0.0.123.510.116.116.52.33.751.493.0.0.97.527.116.116.38.54.779.495.0.0.0.529.116.116.57.52.814.494.0.0.-7.510.116.116.31.33.822.505.0.0.112.510.116.116.18.33.792.508.0.0.157.510.116.116.56.35.861.494.0.0.68.528.116.116.41.20.858.484.0.0.21.510.116.116.64.22.562.603.0.0.106.510.116.116.62.22.576.600.0.0.99.510.116.116.62.22.589.595.0.0.106.510.116.116.66.22.600.582.0.0.109.510.116.116.95.37.579.590.0.0.185.510.116.116.62.24.939.602.0.0.88.510.116.116.62.24.953.609.0.0.97.510.116.116.78.47.552.984.0.0.81.510.116.116.41.47.576.951.0.0.174.510.116.116.41.47.566.1021.0.0.171.510.116.116.30.47.565.987.0.0.170.510.116.116.73.48.601.986.0.0.240.510.116.116.64.48.615.987.0.0.263.510.116.116.64.48.631.997.0.0.230.510.116.116.73.48.641.1007.0.0.252.529.116.116.73.76.674.997.0.0.-4.529.116.116.76.69.713.1005.0.0.-8.510.116.116.41.44.723.1021.0.0.110.528.116.116.68.68.760.1010.0.0.172.510.116.116.33.31.760.1020.0.0.-3.510.116.116.72.48.792.1015.0.0.268.510.116.116.72.48.819.1028.0.0.261.510.116.116.41.48.813.1019.0.0.-4.534.116.116.30.30.1373.416.0.0.-4.427.116.116.19.21.1398.424.0.0.-8.510.116.116.21.29.1392.413.0.0.87.510.116.116.21.29.1406.414.0.0.84.527.116.116.23.30.1425.417.0.0.-4.527.116.116.26.30.1427.417.0.0.-4.526.116.116.30.30.1448.417.0.0.-1.510.116.116.21.19.1450.426.0.0.138.510.116.116.21.19.1450.410.0.0.38.534.116.116.79.79.1236.646.0.0.5.427.116.116.50.55.1301.656.0.0.1.510.116.116.56.74.1281.632.0.0.96.510.116.116.56.74.1318.628.0.0.93.527.116.116.60.77.1366.631.0.0.5.527.116.116.66.77.1371.630.0.0.5.526.116.116.76.76.1422.619.0.0.8.510.116.116.55.49.1432.639.0.0.147.510.116.116.55.49.1426.601.0.0.47.534.116.116.24.24.151.646.0.0.65.427.116.116.15.16.163.631.0.0.61.510.116.116.17.22.153.633.0.0.156.510.116.116.17.22.158.622.0.0.153.527.116.116.18.23.166.610.0.0.65.527.116.116.19.23.166.608.0.0.65.526.116.116.23.23.171.593.0.0.68.510.116.116.16.14.178.593.0.0.207.510.116.116.16.14.166.589.0.0.107.527.116.116.47.60.1214.1031.0.0.-1.527.116.116.52.60.1218.1031.0.0.-1.526.116.116.59.59.1258.1026.0.0.2.510.116.116.43.38.1265.1041.0.0.141.510.116.116.43.38.1263.1012.0.0.41.510.116.116.122.77.1214.496.0.0.93.510.116.116.45.77.1235.441.0.0.5.510.116.116.57.63.1226.484.0.0.0.427.116.116.66.70.741.1187.0.0.-6.510.116.116.73.95.716.1153.0.0.89.510.116.116.73.95.767.1154.0.0.86.527.116.116.77.100.828.1164.0.0.-2.527.116.116.84.100.834.1163.0.0.-2.526.116.116.98.98.902.1158.0.0.1.510.116.116.70.63.913.1184.0.0.140.510.116.116.70.63.909.1137.0.0.40.510.116.116.122.77.653.1170.0.0.97.510.116.116.45.77.670.1113.0.0.9.510.116.116.57.63.664.1157.0.0.4.427.116.116.42.46.1317.730.0.0.-18.510.116.116.47.63.1307.704.0.0.77.510.116.116.47.63.1338.711.0.0.74.527.116.116.50.66.1377.726.0.0.-14.527.116.116.57.66.1380.726.0.0.-14.526.116.116.83.83.1430.733.0.0.-4.342.116.116.103.103.1394.928.0.0.4.427.84.116.65.82.1388.899.0.0.177.510.116.116.45.44.1390.894.0.0.274.503.116.116.7.15.1390.885.0.0.183.427.84.116.15.43.1369.911.0.0.183.427.84.116.15.43.1380.904.0.0.183.427.84.116.16.45.1403.904.0.0.186.503.116.116.11.20.1418.918.0.0.262.503.116.116.26.72.1352.974.0.0.218.503.116.116.21.72.1442.944.0.0.163.510.116.116.47.47.971.650.0.0.36.510.116.116.47.47.983.666.0.0.36.510.116.116.25.30.978.657.0.0.124.528.116.116.51.51.996.679.0.0.130.510.116.116.31.29.1000.682.0.0.-45.510.116.116.44.29.1012.700.0.0.37.510.116.116.35.29.1029.687.0.0.120.510.116.116.44.27.1018.710.0.0.43.510.116.116.23.31.1041.705.0.0.136.510.116.116.23.27.1012.732.0.0.133.510.116.116.17.27.1023.716.0.0.132.527.116.116.60.75.127.742.0.0.19.528.116.116.62.62.169.727.0.0.215.510.116.116.38.36.173.722.0.0.40.510.116.116.61.37.206.713.0.0.-73.510.116.116.29.37.230.733.0.0.17.529.116.116.73.67.252.701.0.0.18.510.116.116.39.42.268.711.0.0.136.528.116.116.62.62.302.681.0.0.202.510.116.116.38.36.301.688.0.0.19.510.116.116.62.47.329.677.0.0.109.427.116.116.63.44.343.672.0.0.109.510.116.116.74.53.369.661.0.0.113.528.116.116.62.62.396.645.0.0.199.510.116.116.38.36.397.649.0.0.24.427.116.116.40.47.197.774.0.0.277.506.116.116.10.16.206.755.0.0.277.506.116.116.7.16.200.758.0.0.-69.510.116.116.59.55.239.792.0.0.97.510.116.116.41.55.233.763.0.0.188.528.116.116.57.57.270.783.0.0.191.510.116.116.28.26.271.787.0.0.10.510.116.116.62.39.296.773.0.0.104.510.116.116.67.39.311.770.0.0.130.510.116.116.62.39.325.765.0.0.104.510.116.116.57.43.338.764.0.0.108.427.116.116.59.40.351.759.0.0.108.427.116.116.40.47.211.802.0.0.97.506.116.116.10.16.203.820.0.0.97.506.116.116.7.16.208.818.0.0.111.427.116.116.40.47.382.741.0.0.269.506.116.116.10.16.393.724.0.0.269.506.116.116.7.16.387.725.0.0.283.427.116.116.40.47.393.771.0.0.89.506.116.116.10.16.382.787.0.0.89.506.116.116.7.16.387.786.0.0.103.500.116.116.50.81.738.1253.0.0.14.500.116.116.47.77.738.1253.0.0.14.500.116.116.44.72.738.1253.0.0.14.500.116.116.41.68.738.1253.0.0.14.534.116.116.65.69.781.1236.0.0.-8.510.116.116.63.63.815.1243.0.0.80.510.116.116.31.36.833.1218.0.0.-14.510.116.116.19.36.824.1238.0.0.-17.427.116.116.31.36.850.984.0.0.277.506.116.116.7.12.856.970.0.0.277.506.116.116.6.12.852.971.0.0.291.427.116.116.31.36.861.1005.0.0.97.506.116.116.7.12.855.1019.0.0.97.506.116.116.6.12.859.1018.0.0.111.528.116.116.56.56.888.981.0.0.180.510.116.116.38.26.883.986.0.0.4.510.116.116.58.39.913.983.0.0.-76.510.116.116.58.43.926.981.0.0.103.427.116.116.59.40.940.978.0.0.103.510.116.116.62.47.841.1038.0.0.-89.504.116.116.36.27.842.1077.0.0.-179.510.116.116.83.28.374.860.0.1.255.510.116.116.81.28.352.864.0.1.274.510.116.116.81.28.336.848.0.1.254.510.116.116.86.28.316.849.0.1.264.510.116.116.124.48.347.856.0.1.162.510.116.116.76.26.273.596.0.0.-67.510.116.116.73.26.253.600.0.0.-75.510.116.116.73.26.237.613.0.0.-68.510.116.116.78.26.221.617.0.0.-76.510.116.116.113.44.245.608.0.0.18.510.116.116.73.26.249.874.0.0.-92.510.116.116.78.26.233.876.0.0.-100.510.116.116.78.30.209.869.0.0.-94.510.116.116.76.76.102.542.0.0.101.510.116.116.37.43.111.505.0.0.7.510.116.116.23.43.110.532.0.0.4.510.116.116.73.73.1260.723.0.0.110.510.116.116.36.42.1263.687.0.0.16.510.116.116.46.42.1267.724.0.0.13.510.116.116.31.38.540.520.0.0.93.510.116.116.17.22.546.507.0.0.-2.510.116.116.17.22.545.520.0.0.0.510.116.116.29.36.568.520.0.0.93.510.116.116.11.22.564.509.0.0.217.510.116.116.28.35.975.518.0.0.93.510.116.116.16.20.981.506.0.0.-2.510.116.116.16.20.980.518.0.0.0.527.116.116.17.18.997.513.0.1.15.527.116.116.17.18.997.525.0.1.350.527.116.116.17.18.998.526.0.1.350.527.116.116.17.18.998.513.0.1.15.503.84.116.13.18.996.520.0.1.359.504.116.116.14.15.1000.519.0.1.88

I loaded my Vlandian vassal save up in the beta patch, and it was pretty amusing seeing my main guy suddenly gaining 70 levels in Leadership when it took him over 200 in-game days to gain a single point pre-patch.

That's nothing compared to my companions though. One of my Shieldmaidens who is always on my front line gained 406 two-handed skill, and my scout and surgeon gained hundreds of points of Scouting and Medicine as well.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Is there a max skill level? 400s seems excessive when most troops are like 200 for very elite

Doesn't look like there's a max. The final perks in most of the trees give you bonuses for every point above 200 that you gain.

ZvOMJnu.png
    My favorite bug from the beta patch was that the sliders for things like height and weight were increased, but their weights were done incorrectly, so there are some thicc bois running around out there at the moment.

• stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    My favorite bug from the beta patch was that the sliders for things like height and weight were increased, but their weights were done incorrectly, so there are some thicc bois running around out there at the moment.

Did you see the side by side for a battanian volunteerfrom regular and beta? Its hilarious.

steam_sig.png
  • GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Leaving the Southern Empire to form my own kingdom may have been a mistake. They now hate my guts, and they are the biggest Empire with the most manpower.

Did it because I have saw a good oppotunity to expand my Kingdom at the expense of Sturgia, who the Southern Empire had steamrolled.

But so now Im at war with the largest empire on the continent, and spend most of my time runing between two cities as we alternate conquering them. I have no time to recruit new units apart from defectors from beating their army all the time

They all hate me anyway so gonna start lopping off noble heads and hope that cuts down on the swarms coming at me

• LowHitPointsLowHitPoints Sword of the Afternoon MichiganRegistered User regular
    I've only put in a few hours with a new character in the beta, but I am really digging the reworked skill progression. The early game just feels more engaging when all your skills start stacking up, especially when you make a really good commodity trade and your skill jumps 4-6 points.

• Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    I've only put in a few hours with a new character in the beta, but I am really digging the reworked skill progression. The early game just feels more engaging when all your skills start stacking up, especially when you make a really good commodity trade and your skill jumps 4-6 points.

I think they will need to find a middle ground there, pre-beta was anemic, this is just too much.

That slows down dramatically when your skill gets higher. The skills I have hovering around the 200+ range have exceeded the "greenness" you can get via both focus points and hard stat points, and it zeroes out the boost to learning rate.

I don't honestly know why they still have the actual STR/VIG/INT/etc. stats around; you gain extra stat points so rarely, and the stats themselves contribute very little toward your skill gain rate. I feel like they could drop the stats entirely and tweak the Focus Point system to make up for the loss and it would feel like an overall cleaner progression scheme.

ZvOMJnu.png
    korodullin wrote: »
    That slows down dramatically when your skill gets higher. The skills I have hovering around the 200+ range have exceeded the "greenness" you can get via both focus points and hard stat points, and it zeroes out the boost to learning rate.

I don't honestly know why they still have the actual STR/VIG/INT/etc. stats around; you gain extra stat points so rarely, and the stats themselves contribute very little toward your skill gain rate. I feel like they could drop the stats entirely and tweak the Focus Point system to make up for the loss and it would feel like an overall cleaner progression scheme.

I like the idea of the attributes as general aptitude, and focus as specialization, but I don't know if the balance is quite right.

I think the skill cap is 10*attr + 30*focus - 10?

So someone with 4 attr and no particular interest (no focus) in the subject could attain 30 skill, securing one perk. You didn't go to business school, but you're so damn charismatic that it gives you an edge in trade and leadership over a regular joe. Makes sense.

Someone with 5 focus and 1 attr (no particular natural ability) could get as high as 150 with dedicated study and practice. A pre-war Steve Rogers with a monstrous advantage using swords bigger than he is makes less sense.

There's a good mutli-layered system of progression and specialization somewhere in there, I just don't know if this is quite it.

I'd like to see the values reversed, where attributes give more cap than focus, focus contributes far more to the multiplier, and perks have a min focus requirement. That way, passively raising your skill to 200 due to inherent ability doesn't confer the same benefits as focused study, but still prevents someone being able to heft a glaive with such precision that it demoralizes entire amies, yet unable to defend against muscular 12 year old if handed a hatchet or a halbred.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    That probably gets messy because it feels bad to hit a milestone and be told 'ah ah ah, put a point into the skill you've just being using and levelled to get the cookie'.

But yeah, I feel like attributes contributing a bit more so someone with 5+ in an attribute can hit 75 or so with no focus would be good for the system.

edited April 2020
    That probably gets messy because it feels bad to hit a milestone and be told 'ah ah ah, put a point into the skill you've just being using and levelled to get the cookie'.

But yeah, I feel like attributes contributing a bit more so someone with 5+ in an attribute can hit 75 or so with no focus would be good for the system.
    Well presently you can't really hit perk 3 without a focus investment of some kind. They could maintain the current perk/focus investment balance, it would just let you raise the cap on secondary/tertiary skills while not gaining the perk benefits (if that's something they were concerned about).

Like:
    25: free
    50-100: 1 focus
    125-175: 2
    200-225: 3
    250-275: 4
    300: 5

Or whatever.

Edit: Then again, heavier weight on attributes might break the more dissimilar skill groups like Endurance, where the bulk of the investment to become an accomplished Blacksmith would mean you are also a naturally gifted sprinter and equestrian. Some skills you really should need to specifically invest in.

Eh. They could also just throw out the level caps and give us talent trees with respecs, I won't be mad.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
    So apparently the game has a limit of 400 layers on banners. You can use more in the editor, but they'll be dropped when pasting. I'm not shocked at all that people hit that limit.

a8r24qjwo79z.png

I... hmm. I have a feeling that's not supposed to happen.

ZvOMJnu.png