As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

They advanced the PLOT?! Warhammer 40k casual lore

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Henry Cavill and Vin Diesel need to collaborate on some sort of absolutely trashy nerd movie. Bring along some other Hollywood nerdos there's plenty to pick from. Make a new D&D movie! It'll be the Ocean's Eleven of famous nerds. Patton Oswalt can be in there!

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Hah, maybe they can make an Oceans style nerd-heist movie. Trying to lift a mint Black Lotus or a Willie Mays rookie card or something.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    So, movie version of the Lies of Locke Lamora?

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Wasn't Nic Cage at some point making a movie about how his copy of Action Comics #1 got stolen? Am I making that up?

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Henry Cavill and Vin Diesel need to collaborate on some sort of absolutely trashy nerd movie. Bring along some other Hollywood nerdos there's plenty to pick from. Make a new D&D movie! It'll be the Ocean's Eleven of famous nerds. Patton Oswalt can be in there!
    Fanboys did it better :P
    Even has plenty of cameos

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Hey if anyone in this thread wanted to get some Black Library stuff on the cheap then grab this here Humble Bundle

I mean I don't really need anything that isn't written by Dan Abnett, but I guess it's nice to have a few others as a bonus

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    na6obndqbl5b.png

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    sly marbo is rambo!

well rambo and john matrix, but mostly rambo

that new dude is 100% carl weathers though

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    sly marbo is rambo!

well rambo and john matrix, but mostly rambo

that new dude is 100% carl weathers though

Don’t forget that dash of Snake Plissken…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    I would love to see Carl Weather’s reaction to that

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I'm finally getting back into painting and i'm working on the solar auxilia models and I really like them

im really working on my freehand because i want them to have all sorts of different heraldry to tie them even more with my knights. I'm really pleased with the fleur de lis i managed to pull off.

I haven't actually played in a while, but I'm sort of also building them with a few other models to maybe be able to have them as scions or whatnot. The storm section models are cool and i've bought some of them and the flamer models off ebay. Might maybe make a scion killteam out of them as well.

hLM2yzm.jpg?1

TfF4OqJ.jpg?1

emW9hRg.jpg?1

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    na6obndqbl5b.png

I love this why do I love this.

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    na6obndqbl5b.png

I love this why do I love this.

Because you are a person of culture and taste?

Children's rights are human rights.
    sly marbo is the most absurd indulgent bullshit in a universe entirely predicated on indulgent bullshit and I love it

A rogal regal return! Who could it be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=060Nb0S9iGc

it's the silent king

also rogal dorn is maybe the most dead of any of the primarchs

it's the silent king

Deader than Sanguinius? Deader than Ferrus Manus?

alt-post: Of course he's the most dead. He's the most dead... in pretend.

ok yes flyboy is unbelievably dead

ferrus manus is frequently not dead

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    it's the silent king

Died off camera isn't dead

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    it's the silent king

Died off camera isn't dead

Heck, sometimes dead on camera isn't dead either.

i'm pretty pleased with how my models are turning out atm
    C0Rk4nD.jpg?1

i bought a squad of 20 riflers a bit ago, and i've also picked up about 3 flamers and one of the volite guns from ebay. So, i've got about 19 more models to paint from this lot.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    So I um...I bought my first Space Marines set today.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

Im so sorry

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I just finished up the last book of The Beast Arises series today.

More ork lore, please.

H9f4bVe.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I just finished up the last book of The Beast Arises series today.

More ork lore, please.

gbpdxwjoel6h.png

Nice! What flavour are you gonna paint them as?

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Well, I have been looking at all the wonderful Deathguard models, and decided to do a little color test on one of my old conversion/sculpts. My phone camera sucks for this. These look much brighter than the more washed out look I'm going for, but oh well.
    7yiooabov3sd.jpg
    eynpa2m4wbma.jpg
    kf3crng52wfw.jpg

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

It will not be your last.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

Haven't decided but I am leaning going custom with Cavaliers wine and gold

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Elaro wrote: »

Haven't decided but I am leaning going custom with Cavaliers wine and gold

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Minotaurs

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Well I changed my mind and ordered a Kustom Boosta-blasta and a Boomdakka Snazzwagon instead of any Death Guard. I just can't abandon da boyz.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    I started opening boxes and going through my Orks and found that I had indeed purchased and started painting some warbikes years ago, and it wasn't a fever dream, so I started working on them again. I immediately realized that full assembly before painting was a massive mistake, and one that I will not be repeating when I get more. There are also some weak points that should be pinned even though they're solid pieces off the sprue, like the additional exhaust pipes. All the metal and red had been done, so I worked on skin tones and fiddly details last night. I really need to do some research on taking better pictures.
    vt17rsy68ub1.jpg

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

Fuckin’ nerd.

sarukun wrote: »

Fuckin’ nerd.

Bruva Alfabusa provides, once again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W6yGH6X1c4

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    I started opening boxes and going through my Orks and found that I had indeed purchased and started painting some warbikes years ago, and it wasn't a fever dream, so I started working on them again. I immediately realized that full assembly before painting was a massive mistake, and one that I will not be repeating when I get more. There are also some weak points that should be pinned even though they're solid pieces off the sprue, like the additional exhaust pipes. All the metal and red had been done, so I worked on skin tones and fiddly details last night. I really need to do some research on taking better pictures.
    vt17rsy68ub1.jpg

Weak points and broken off bitz are proper orky engineerin'.
    If you aint leaving a trail o' bitz back to base, how you gonna find your way back home?

edited May 2020
    Weak bitz iz fer oomiez and uva gitz like dem! We iz da Evil Sunz! Our 'ome is ridin fasta to da next WAAAAGH 'n krumpin' eadz along da way!

Tonkka on
    Lancer Renée de Tabris, Pilot of the Born of Amber Winds

Now including Leaves and Bench

4lTIXFZ.jpg?1

6Eob5hV.jpg?1

YYPx6Qf.jpg?1

The bench is kinda oversized. Like, a primaris marine would comfortably sit on it. But oh well.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    lurvly

H9f4bVe.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Lalabox wrote: »
    The bench is kinda oversized. Like, a primaris marine would comfortably sit on it. But oh well.

That feels very in-character for the Imperium of Man though. Gratuitously over-blown architecture and furnishings? Yes.

Like my dad used to say about certain businessmen & politicians, they have an edifice complex (say it out loud if you don't get the joke).

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
This discussion has been closed.