As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - Valorant & Reky out today!

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited June 2020 in Social Entropy++

20200414 Industries of Titan EA (Strategy, RTS, Management)

20200414 Heavenworld (RPG, Zombies, Open World)

20200414 Fallout 76 Wasteland (steam) (MMO, Fallout)

20200414 Eternal radiance EA (anime, action, rpg)

20200416 Minecraft RTX (building, sandbox, adventure)

20200416 Sentinels of Freedom (Strategy, RPG, Super Hero, Tactics, Freedom Force)

20200416 Later Daters Visual Novel, Romance, Humour

20200416 artificer: science of magic (Survival, RPG, Fantasy)

2020416 The Under Presents (VR, narrative, theatre)

20200420 Blaze Revolutions (the bionic, the bomb, the puff, the blow, the black, the herb, the sensie, the cronic, the sweet Mary Jane, the shit, Ganja, split, reefa, the bad, the buddha, the home grown, the ill, the maui-maui, the method, pot, lethal turbo, tie, shake, skunk, stress, whacky, weed, glaze, the boot, dimebag, Scooby Doo, bob, bogey, back yard boogie)

20200421 Help Will Come Tomorrow (strategy, survival, simulation)

20200421 The Shattering (first-person, horror, thriller)

20200422 Miner's Mettle (strategy, RTS, multiplayer)

20200422 itta (shooter, action, 2D, bulet hell)

20200423 Cloudpunk (cyberpunk, RPG, sci-fi)

20200423 Streets of Rage 4 (Beat Em Up, Streets, Rage, Of) // THIS DATE IS INCORRECT, OOPS

20200424 Trials of Mana (JRPG, remake, action-rpg)

20200424 xcom chimera squad (turn based tactics, strategy)

20200428 The Wind and Wilting Blossom (strategy, tactics, early acccess, FTL-like)

Brolo on

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    is this the thread for gamesofts

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    is this the thread for gamesofts

No this is Patrick

Children's rights are human rights.
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    videogames are bad

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    videogames are bad

then how do you explain this

Brolo wrote: »
    videogames are bad

r27amu22o0rc.png

jfn8ss95pn5l.png

8pz70om0iu1f.png

vigeogames are art

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Ceci n'est pas une hentai.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Red Dead Hentai Horse appears to have been removed from Steam

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The question is whether it was pulled for having hentai or not

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Ship Graveyard Simulator - Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs9IdvZBAWg

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    If red dead horse hentai got removed from the steam store because it DIDN'T have hentai in it, I am going to go fucking feral.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The developer clearly explained that it contains hentai, I have to take their word for it

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Maybe it was removed for containing hentai that was neither red nor dead

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    That has been the greatest piece of performance art I have ever seen.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    videogames are bad

r27amu22o0rc.png

jfn8ss95pn5l.png

8pz70om0iu1f.png
    vigeogames are art
    Honestly that's the most art student discussion I've ever seen.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    CK2 is a fun game, but it's not for everyone.

Things to realize:
    - There is a LOT of randomness and the game is about rising and falling. If you are very good you can mitigate a lot. The big one is "Be ready for succession" because that's when things turn to shit 70% of the time. Gold and titles to hand out are your biggest tools.
    - There is a lot of downtime for a smaller realm. The high speed button is there for a reason. The game is 700 years long.
    - The way to be most successful, are mostly being evil. Be ruthless about heirs, make money through imprisoning nobles, don't develop your country and buy a merc army and take new land instead, use your family to get into other royal families then go murdering.
    - Most of the DLC add an extra menu or two, and extra starting points. Christian nations are relatively stable but don't expand fast; Norse are really aggressive but need to expand fast to Organize Faith; otherwise they eventually get overpowered; Muslims can be real blobby but can also implode real fast; Byzantine is under pressure from all sides and inside, but if you can stabilize them they become OP; India, Horselords don't play until your fifth game because their mechanics are not very strong, and it makes the game slow. (Also with standard settings Horselords get wiped by the Khans)

The game isn't that complex, but it surfaces information badly. For instance, I'm not sure it ever explains that having a spymaster with high stats but low personal liking is terrible, because if your spymaster joins a plot against you, you're fucked. This is really logical written out, but it's real easy to "sort high stats."

Watch a recent tutorial video. The early ones will contain 1 false fact for every 2 true ones, the game is massively different in 2020 than 2014.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Anyone playing the new Astroneer event, remember to make sure there's plenty of distance between your scrap collecting vehicle that's laden with dynamite, and the piece of scrap you are blowing up with dynamite. Things tend to.. chain react in that case and you wind up blowing all of your stuff to kingdom come. Thankfully I recovered 98% of what I had on me, but that Large Rover got blown into scrap.

Which I'm going to collect and use for the event. Take THAT, luck!

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    In addition to all those games in the OP, Receiver 2 also just came out.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The team behind The Messenger is kick-starting a turn based RPG called Sea of Stars and the campaign ends this Saturday FYI. They're saying at least 2 years for delivery though.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    video based challenges on personalized computing boxes what witchery is this

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Arise, PC Games thread, from your tomb! Tis St. Brolo's Day!

GDdCWMm.jpg
    so games

hated astroneer, refunded it

can't stop playing heavenworld but i absolutely don't know why

alpha genesis one is the bomb but i can see it getting repetitive fast

can't believe i'm saying this but the levels in strange brigade are too dang big! i get tired!

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I had no idea they still made tamagotchis.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I believe they just started making them again, actually.

I really figured tamagotchi would become a smart phone app, like a little shitty gremlin that lives in your phone and demands you pay even more attention to the accursed device

Like that must exist, right? Surprised it's not a big thing though

I really figured tamagotchi would become a smart phone app, like a little shitty gremlin that lives in your phone and demands you pay even more attention to the accursed device

yeah they went through a few weird iterations before they decided just to go back and make them in the old style

20200415 alchemy story (farming, slice of life, simulation, alchemy)

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

That's what I expected as well. I guess the physical object has more nostalgia appeal (collectible?), and it circumvents the piracy on android phones

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Only worth buying if their speakers make horrible 8bit screeching noises instead of actual sounds.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

Instead of feed and play the two commands are neglect and traumatize

2x39jD4.jpg
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Back in the day when Tamagotchis were a thing (and especially the original digimon ones you would click together to fight) I was the schoolyard king. All mine were perfect, maximum started eternally lived things that had the other small children in awe. Mine never died, never withered away during a school day or in a teachers drawer.

My secret?

I actually read the instructions and knew you could just pause them.

Edit: To avoid a double post, I also had an official star wars one. It was in the shape of R2-D2 and you raised a Rancor. You fed it live princesses and gamoran guards, which sure is an interesting choice for a children's toy.

Norgoth on
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Oh jeez, I'm trying to push into Mongolia in CK2 and everyone from there to the Atlantic Coast is a Chinese tributary

Which means they can jpin each others' wars, so I'm looking at 600k enemy levies each time I declare on the Mongols

Too bad you can't send assassins to China

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Historically you should definitely not declar war on the Mongol Empire

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Historically you should definitely not declar war on the Mongol Empire

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is 'never get involved in a land war in Asia'.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Hopped on CS:GO for the first time in like a year. I have maybe a total of 30 games in my life. Won both matches I played. Placed silver 4. Ready to quit my day job and become a streaming pro.

Edit: forgot to mention I was playing with friends who totally carried me.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    in english it's Persona 5 Big Mac

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I bought Dead Cells last week.

I have now played enough Dead Cells that the opening level music is forever embedded in my brain.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    cursedking wrote: »
    in english it's Persona 5 Big Mac

check out the big brains on cursed

This discussion has been closed.