As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Conspicuoso

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Conspicuoso

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    zeromhzeromh Registered User regular
    EXACTLY. The updated graphics really make it obvious that these guys stick out like a sore thumb.

• Options
    ZealousShadZealousShad Registered User regular
    Is that Buster Sword backwards?

• Options
    GrendusGrendus Registered User regular
    Yeah. It makes a bit more sense in the slums where everyone is armed, especially with the (non-playable) characters like Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie who are carrying more sensible SMG's. The slums get attacked by wild monsters regularly, so nobody bats an eye when members of the "Neighborhood Watch" dispatch them with automatic fire.

Barrett's arm mounted gatling cannon and Cloud's giant sword (which is even weirder given that only members of Soldier used swords - yet somehow the weapon shop just... carries them) really stick out in the other sectors.

• Options
    Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    It's Japan. You can always claim to be a cosplayer.

• Options
    KagatoACKagatoAC Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mess with that group walking down the street anyway, I value my survival :)

• Options
    VrynnVrynn Registered User regular
    I love how Cloud's character design fits so naturally with Mike's art style.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The arm gun is peacebonded so it’s okay.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    JeremySuttonJeremySutton Registered User new member
    I absolutely love this comic but I can't get myself to not look at the backwards buster sword

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I absolutely love this comic but I can't get myself to not look at the backwards buster sword

I guess this is a Mike-po (like a Tychpo).

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    MarcinMN wrote: »

Or part of the disguise.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    MarcinMN wrote: »

Or part of the disguise.

Cloud is just pulling a Kenshin.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    My favorite thing about this is how the Buster Sword can't fit entirely into one panel

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    My favorite thing about this is how the Buster Sword can't fit entirely into one panel

Remake minor spoilz
    there's a moment in the early chapter where cloud tries to draw it a door and bonks it on the door frame

steam_sig.png