As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Eldritch Horror PbP - Game Over - Yog-Sothoth Victory] Travel the world, go insane.

• ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Sorry @Daemonis but delayed means no actions, none at all. All you do is stand up and have an encounter. Do you still want a generic, or would you prefer an Istanbul encounter?

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Oh, ok. Istanbul then.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I suppose it's time to start statting up

1. Prepare (boat)
    2. Feed The Mind
    Geth roll 2d6t5
    Beunos Aires encounter

2d6t5 2 [2d6t5=5, 5]

I will gain a lore to make this easier later

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Ok. So looks like my turn is probably:
    1. Move to Heart of Africa
    2. Use Leo's rugged expedition-leading charisma to try to acquire the Conspiracy Theorist.
    3. Encounter the clue.

But I'll wait for the others to weigh in on their plans so we do this in the proper order / someone else can recruit the Theorist if they want to try.

Geth, roll 3d6t5 for Wilderness-enhanced recruitment.

Wilderness-enhanced recruitment:
    3d6t5 2 [3d6t5=3, 5, 6]

kshu0oba7xnr.png

OK - Action updates:

@Phyphor feeds his mind, learning to read books better, at the cost of 1 sanity.
    ngisi04uxac6.png

Now you were successful in casting a spell, and can as a character ability spend 1 sanity in place of 1 clue. Do you want to discard Feed the Mind and one sanity to place an eldritch token on the Mystery, making 25% progress?

Auralynx acquires the Conspiracy Theorist in the Heart of Africa. The Conspiracy Theorist is replaced by a Witch Doctor

I'm a little busy, so Encounters will come later today.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    edited April 2020
    Alright, not as busy as I thought. Encounters!

@jdarksun
    tz5ul7mdbgbt.png

@Phyphor Do you discard Feed the Mind? and
    3apyxgri7n4m.png

@Daemonis
    ch34dklw3fyr.png

@Auralynx
    0vk2i6j8v4d5.png

Good luck with your encounters. Board and Character updates with the Mythos phase.

Chrysis on
    Geth roll 3d6t5 for Observation roll

Observation roll:
    3d6t5 1 [3d6t5=2, 6, 4]

I do not discard Feed The Mind, I think that's way too useful to damage myself throwing it away

Geth roll 4d6t5 to break out of the trace

to break out of the trace:
    4d6t5 1 [4d6t5=3, 4, 5, 2]

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 5d6t5 to Find That Place Hearst Published That Article About

to Find That Place Hearst Published That Article About:
    5d6t5 1 [5d6t5=5, 3, 3, 3, 4]

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Geth, roll 3d6t5 for trustworthiness

trustworthiness:
    3d6t5 0 [3d6t5=3, 3, 2]

Alright. Encounters done.

jdarksun is found untrustworthy, and shown the door.
    Phyphor learns to Plumb the Void, and avoid the cops.
    Daemonis is found trustworthy, and gains some government backing.
    Auralynx romps around in the jungles and gains 2 clues.

Time for Mythos! Your trial is A Dark Power
    ie7be0dn9sf5.png

The Omen rotates to the blue sign, luckily not matching any gates on the board at present.

But then Reckoning triggers. As no one is on a gate space yet, Yog-Sothoth doesn't drain your spells. However one token is drained from the White Ship, bringing the sundering ever closer.
    @Auralynx to roll 1d6 to see if his Conspiracy Theorist friend notices something odd.

A gate then opens in Tokyo, bringing with it a Cultist (see the Ancient One card for details)
    The cultist then lunges at @jdarksun, who must defend himself.

Board:
    ataqw15vo4dk.jpg

Ancient One:
    g0662bzqindj.jpg

@jdarksun:
    tx1s9csvs8ix.jpg

@Phyphor:
    1ibrmlknhtjt.jpg

@Daemonis:
    2qv8d2pnbynv.jpg

@Auralynx:
    wxz60te8ta5x.jpg

Auralynx and jdarksun to deal with their crazy new friends, and then on to Actions.

Combat Encounter -
    * Cultist has no Horror rating.
    * Strength + combat check:

Geth, roll 2d6t5 for strength vs. toughness

strength vs. toughness:
    2d6t5 2 [2d6t5=5, 6]

2 hits > 1 toughness, the cultist is defeated.

I think that means -1 Sanity and +1 Spell, if this counts as a Combat Encounter.

jdarksun wrote: »
    2 hits > 1 toughness, the cultist is defeated.

I think that means -1 Sanity and +1 Spell, if this counts as a Combat Encounter.

Pretty sure it does, so I'll get you those in the morning.

Geth roll 1d6 for Paranoia.

Paranoia:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I hope you weren't waiting for me to do actions, because you probably didn't really need to. But either way @Auralynx gains another clue, and @jdarksun loses one sanity and learns Flesh Ward.

Chrysis wrote: »
    I hope you weren't waiting for me to do actions, because you probably didn't really need to. But either way @Auralynx gains another clue, and @jdarksun loses one sanity and learns Flesh Ward.

Fair enough.

I don't think I can reach the Ship this turn, since I can only move once and nobody here in the Heart of Africa is selling boat tickets?

Looks like Phyphor could teleport me to Sydney and I could walk from there, though?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Actions:

1. Prepare to travel (ship)
    2. Travel north to 19, spend a ship travel token to go east to 1 and the clue.

1. Get train ticket
    2. Move to 17

Is there something you want to do in Sydney because the teleport works to any space

edited April 2020
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Is there something you want to do in Sydney because the teleport works to any space

I was just going to snag a ticket then move to the Ship - I was having trouble coming up with two actions to do from the ocean space. Suggestions welcome!

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

@Auralynx @Phyphor
    There's not a lot to do in an ocean space by default. A teleport to a city would give you the option of tickets or general shopping. It could work on either Sydney or South Africa if I remember right. Just keep in mind it's a spell so it might have side-effects.

Here but dependent on what Phyphor does. Will use my Expedition Leader powers to try to recruit the Cat Burglar, then move to South Africa, if he'd rather not teleport me / fails the check.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I'll try the teleport
    Geth roll 3d6t5 for eldritch portalling

eldritch portalling:
    3d6t5 1 [3d6t5=4, 5, 3]

Action #2, get a train ticket

Do we think that it's better to keep that spell or make mystery progress?

Rad! That seems like a good one to hang on to but we've got to start cashing them in some time - I could go either way.

My turn is thus:
    1. Take Train Ticket
    2. Go to White Ship
    3. Encounter White Ship, pay 2 clues, end problem.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

@Phyphor As a result of playing around with magic again, you lose yet more sanity (5 remaining)

cmfkzqd82bz5.png

Are you going to keep the spell? What say you, @jdarksun @Daemonis and @Auralynx ?

Plumb the Void is super useful.

I can't argue with a teleport, even a risky one, but I gotta ask: are there less-useful spells it makes sense to hold out for? Again, I don't really know EH.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

It does seem super handy to portal anyone to anywhere from anywhere, I'll keep it and take a Buenos Aires event

Auralynx wrote: »
    Plumb the Void is super useful.
    I can't argue with a teleport, even a risky one, but I gotta ask: are there less-useful spells it makes sense to hold out for? Again, I don't really know EH.
    Both of my spells (Flesh Ward and Shriveling) are good candidates to sacrifice, especially early on / as long as we can keep monsters relatively low.

edited April 2020
    Keep in mind that even the same spell will have different risks. So it might be worth hanging out for a dupe.

Chrysis on
    Sorry for the delays, this week has been super busy prepping my co-workers for telework stuff. I'm not IT, but the closest we've got.

@jdarksun to go treasure hunting
    1u5iwyx9aerv.png

@Phyphor to hang out with snake people.
    dpkwenz35ksr.png

@Daemonis to try working for The Syndicate
    p5jqaj5258ab.png

@Auralynx to hunt for a boat.
    osruy9flsrhb.png

Geth roll 3d6t5 for lizardpeople

lizardpeople:
    3d6t5 1 [3d6t5=6, 3, 1]

Lizardperson spotted, situation normal

Geth, roll 3d6t5 for Silver Twilight Lodge investigation

Silver Twilight Lodge investigation:
    3d6t5 0 [3d6t5=3, 2, 2]

edited April 2020
    Detained sucks though. Thinking about using a clue.

Edit: ...but I'd only have a 33% chance of success. Barf. Thoughts?

jdarksun on
    Geth roll 4d6t5 for Syndicate assistance

Syndicate assistance:
    4d6t5 2 [4d6t5=6, 1, 6, 3]

Available services do not look useful, lets take a random one.