As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Weirdly I am still seeing Galakrond warlock play double sac pact post nerf

5 healing for no mana isn't bad. Especially when you can summon 2 guys to kill.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Time to get some Altrius dust?

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited April 2020

There's no reason not to? Galakrond Warlock was playing double Sac Pact before Ashes came out, literally just for 0 mana heal 5 which could be used on the 1/1s.

Removing 10 healing from your deck for zero mana seems like a bad idea.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

5 healing for no mana isn't bad. Especially when you can summon 2 guys to kill.
    Yeah, the healing off of 1/1 imps has saved me in non-DH/Warlock matchups. Between tapping, virtually no early game, Hellfire dragons, and a low number of taunts, your life total can get pressured pretty easily so it's nice to have some nearly free heals. I suppose one could try replacing the Pacts with some early game defensive tools like Overconfident Orc or something, but that would cut into your tapping, and the deck can actually fill up your hand pretty fast, so having the 0 mana spells helps you keep from milling at times.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

Can't disenchant him. Can't disenchant Kael'thas either.

You know what you can disenchant, is bad luck albatross. Never hit the "disenchant all" button!

yboyuirsrlzd.jpg

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I can't find Frenzied Felwing in my collection or in crafting. I can't even include it in decks. I'm pretty sure I have the card. Any idea what's going on there?

• Options
    Felwing is from the adventure, so you might not be able to disenchant it.

• Options
    Marty81 wrote: »

Ah damn, I guess Altruis was one of the free unlocked cards. I couldn't remember if I had gotten him in a pack or not.

They did a pretty good job targeting the nerfs at non-dustable cards. Hmmmm...

• Options
    Felwing is from the adventure, so you might not be able to disenchant it.
    Nope, I can disenchant mine.

Are you sure you did the Galakrond's Awakening adventure?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'll disenchant all til the day i die

that dust can be used TODAY

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    everyone ever: altruis is too good. why can he go face. he needs nerfs.

blizzard: hmm yes altruis... too good...... needs nerfs... what if nerf to 4 mana

MEANWHILE, IN REALITY:

M4SqIf7.png

they even buffed his attack to 4 too lmfao

like that even fucking matters

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    The attack buff felt like an actual insult.

Edit: To be fair, the mana nerf does slow him down a little. We'll have to see if it was enough.

forty on
  • Options
    ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »

You know what you can disenchant, is bad luck albatross. Never hit the "disenchant all" button!
    Yay, 2 extra albatrosses and 2 golden ones as well. Also, a golden bloodbloom. I'll take that 3400 dust, thanks.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Aaand back to rank 5-0 stars.

Lets give highlander mage another go.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Twitch is parked on PlayHearthstone. Gimme some free cards.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    btw,
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Fun deck:

### Secrets
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Backstab
    # 2x (0) Shadowstep
    # 2x (1) Blackjack Stunner
    # 2x (1) Pharaoh Cat
    # 2x (1) Praise Galakrond!
    # 2x (2) Ambush
    # 2x (2) Bamboozle
    # 1x (2) Dirty Tricks
    # 1x (2) Shadowjeweler Hanar
    # 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
    # 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
    # 2x (3) Seal Fate
    # 1x (4) Devoted Maniac
    # 2x (5) Faceless Corruptor
    # 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
    # 1x (6) Flik Skyshiv
    # 1x (6) Heistbaron Togwaggle
    # 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
    # 1x (7) Galakrond, the Nightmare
    #
    AAECAYO6AgiyApKXA8GuA6qvA+O0A865A8vAA/vEAwu0Ae0Cj5cD9acDua4D/q4Dzq8DgrEDzLkD0LkDub4DAA==

I had a rage quit as a present when I had the Christmas Secret Tree up. Also had the shame concede with the DH didn't attack before dropping Adept.

5-0 today with this list! back up to D2 from D4.

thanks a ton for the link @lwt1973, shit is rockin'. i had a demon hunter kill himself via misdirection today with a Glaivebound. shit was hilarious.

i've found vs control decks you have several options in terms of winning. the first, obviously, is decorating christmas trees with hanar and just going to town. even getting off like two early secrets + shadowstepping hanar can be worthwhile, because that sets you up for future turns. otherwise, christmas tree and keep shadowstepping hanar.

the second is shadowstepping heistbaron and slamming zarog's crowns and just outvaluing your opponent. zarog's is more subject to RNG (sometimes you get double 8/8s or 12/12s, sometimes you get.... 3/3s...........) but can win you games on the spot.

i've tried a bunch of secret galakrond lists before but they were running jank shit like Secretkeepers, not running Shadowsteps, and cutting Praise etc and just kinda felt not great? this list feels supremely good. you've got all the good shit, you've got shit to fight back on board, you've got Shadowsteps for Value Town. real real good.

sidenote: i feel like since the DH nerfs went in, Battlefiend is no bueno anymore (this is a good thing). that's a 1/2 that takes two turns to reach a 3/2. you are legitimately better off just dumping it for Battlemage now instead i think. also of note: felwing nerf does matter a fair bit! having access to 2 damage removal vs 3 is a big deal! it's still a rather aggressive body and it makes me wanna vom when i see double felwing, but consider that felwing now dies to wAY MORE SHIT than before. backstab, holy nova, arcane breath, kobold lackey, etc etc.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Hmm, I've been going with the Highlander Rogue with Gal and Secrets posted...in the last thread, probably. But I often seem to get stuck with not having a secret and Hanar together at the right time--or not getting the Invoke cards early enough to help. Abandoning the Highlander part, which was basically just Zeph and DQ Alex, to allow for more Secrets and Invokes might not be a bad thing.

Of course, Zeph won my last game with a Mass Dispel against a Priest...

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Highlander Gala is fairly skill testing

I'm having a lot of success with a standard gala rogue playing double secrets

I still see people spamming albatross (every lock and priest I've faced has been using 2x)

Beasteh on
  • Options
    https://hsreplay.net/replay/BqsRySp7narpKDMt6Ubz6Z

Here's a great example of a game where I absolutely fucking whopped a Res Priest.

Early Hanar into Shadowstep to setup for future turns, Ambusher proc to allow me to deal with his 5 drop, Blackjack on the Psychopomp'd minion, popping OFF with Hanar, setting up Counterspell on a giant board to prevent Plague.

ez game

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Finally made the aggro DH list to try before nerf last night. It was glorious.

Still very strong post nerf, 20 - 10 combined over 2 days. Yes, nerfs hurt. But warlock nerf tips the matchup, and means highlander is also easier. Some refinement replacing the nerfed neutral demon is in order, but still high tier deck.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

Here's a great example of a game where I absolutely fucking whopped a Res Priest.

Early Hanar into Shadowstep to setup for future turns, Ambusher proc to allow me to deal with his 5 drop, Blackjack on the Psychopomp'd minion, popping OFF with Hanar, setting up Counterspell on a giant board to prevent Plague.

ez game

The one thing that I changed was Bambozzle x 2 to Dirty Tricks x 2 that I saw on another list. It's a preference thing but you then draw more cards. The trade off is that you don't get as much +3 minion fun.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options

ez game

The one thing that I changed was Bambozzle x 2 to Dirty Tricks x 2 that I saw on another list. It's a preference thing but you then draw more cards. The trade off is that you don't get as much +3 minion fun.

I've been finding 1x Dirty Tricks feels fine to me. I'm often running into issues with handsize anyway? And between Heistbaron and The Big G himself, I don't really seem to have any issues with card draw.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    OH MY GOD!

In the invitational, third round. Everyone finished their best of three while dyahoni and trump were still on their first. (Priest vs highlander shaman)

That game ended almost AN HOUR ago and they're not even halfway through game three...

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, trump managed to get a pyroblast. It is done.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yeah feels good playing an 8/8 against an empty board then losing the 8/8 and taking 8 damage from Altrius to lose the game.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited April 2020
    sidenote: i feel like since the DH nerfs went in, Battlefiend is no bueno anymore (this is a good thing). that's a 1/2 that takes two turns to reach a 3/2. you are legitimately better off just dumping it for Battlemage now instead i think.

reddit posted a meme about this today, and

4b16f9u.png

mmmmm gonna be honest i completely forgot that card existed

WOW

edit:
    everyone ever: altruis is too good. why can he go face. he needs nerfs.

blizzard: hmm yes altruis... too good...... needs nerfs... what if nerf to 4 mana

MEANWHILE, IN REALITY:

[snip]

they even buffed his attack to 4 too lmfao

like that even fucking matters

https://clips.twitch.tv/AliveHotPizzaUWot

altruis nerf btw l u l

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    btw,
    Fun deck:

### Secrets
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Backstab
    # 2x (0) Shadowstep
    # 2x (1) Blackjack Stunner
    # 2x (1) Pharaoh Cat
    # 2x (1) Praise Galakrond!
    # 2x (2) Ambush
    # 2x (2) Bamboozle
    # 1x (2) Dirty Tricks
    # 1x (2) Shadowjeweler Hanar
    # 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
    # 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
    # 2x (3) Seal Fate
    # 1x (4) Devoted Maniac
    # 2x (5) Faceless Corruptor
    # 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
    # 1x (6) Flik Skyshiv
    # 1x (6) Heistbaron Togwaggle
    # 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
    # 1x (7) Galakrond, the Nightmare
    #
    AAECAYO6AgiyApKXA8GuA6qvA+O0A865A8vAA/vEAwu0Ae0Cj5cD9acDua4D/q4Dzq8DgrEDzLkD0LkDub4DAA==

I had a rage quit as a present when I had the Christmas Secret Tree up. Also had the shame concede with the DH didn't attack before dropping Adept.

5-0 today with this list! back up to D2 from D4.

thanks a ton for the link @lwt1973, shit is rockin'. i had a demon hunter kill himself via misdirection today with a Glaivebound. shit was hilarious.

i've found vs control decks you have several options in terms of winning. the first, obviously, is decorating christmas trees with hanar and just going to town. even getting off like two early secrets + shadowstepping hanar can be worthwhile, because that sets you up for future turns. otherwise, christmas tree and keep shadowstepping hanar.

the second is shadowstepping heistbaron and slamming zarog's crowns and just outvaluing your opponent. zarog's is more subject to RNG (sometimes you get double 8/8s or 12/12s, sometimes you get.... 3/3s...........) but can win you games on the spot.

i've tried a bunch of secret galakrond lists before but they were running jank shit like Secretkeepers, not running Shadowsteps, and cutting Praise etc and just kinda felt not great? this list feels supremely good. you've got all the good shit, you've got shit to fight back on board, you've got Shadowsteps for Value Town. real real good.

sidenote: i feel like since the DH nerfs went in, Battlefiend is no bueno anymore (this is a good thing). that's a 1/2 that takes two turns to reach a 3/2. you are legitimately better off just dumping it for Battlemage now instead i think. also of note: felwing nerf does matter a fair bit! having access to 2 damage removal vs 3 is a big deal! it's still a rather aggressive body and it makes me wanna vom when i see double felwing, but consider that felwing now dies to wAY MORE SHIT than before. backstab, holy nova, arcane breath, kobold lackey, etc etc.

Deck is awsome, (8-2 no losses after the changes) but what really made the difference was swapping out the faceless manipulators for a togwaggle scheme and a brewmaster.

In 4 games in a row i was able to shuffle 4-8 kronxes into my deck, drawing them with togs rod for 0 while shadowsteppping and brewmastering anything i can get my hands on for lackey value and secret turns.

Making my opponents cry has never felt this good

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Togging tog himself is also an option ofcourse. Man i love this deck. Given how much it draws i might even slap a dragonqueen alex in there.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Whoo! I parked Twitch on a couple different streamers this morning and got my two packs!
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Can you leave Twitch on at home?

Edit: If that doesn't work, then I'm out of idea to help you procure your packs of 40 dust. :(
    Ackshully, it was one pack of 40 dust and one of 50 dust and a useful epic!

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I've been playing wild. I found a nice darkest hour deck with demon focus but the blood bloom nerf totally kills that deck. Not just slowing it down, totally kills it. So now I'm finding success with a pretty standard odd paladin deck instead. I reached diamond 9. Is diamond 5 the old rank 5 place we want to try to reach now?

• Options
    Pretty much, the last floor before legend, bonusstars gone.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Shiiiiiit ethereal lackys are good as rogue. LIKE REAL GOOD. The bullshit that you can pull out of say, three of them is limitless.

Still singing praise for togwaggle scheme! Just used it to shuffle 4 galakrond's shields into my deck to stabilize against a murloc paladin with a godly starting hand.

And the secrets ofcourse. Oh lord the secrets.

Yup, this is the deck for me

Step it up!
    6uA86vA8y5A9C5A7m+AwA=.png

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Man, at first I was thinking that new bundle was a good (for HS) value. Then I realized they aren't 15 Year of the Phoenix packs.... If there was a chance to get some random Ashes cards in those 15, I might have pulled the trigger.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I've been screaming about the value of Hanar and the new secrets since the expansion dropped. I've been using this deck for the past couple weeks and its exciting that its catching on. Here's my own version of the Gala Secret Rogue. I call it the BatBelt because its got everything.

6uA86vA5u2A8y5A865A9C5A7m+AwA=.png

First question everyone will have is why the quest? Its because I can complete it in a single turn with Hanar. But thats a dead card in your hand from turn 1! I mulligan it. Every time. I don't keep it in my opening hand and instead just draw into it. I dont play it until after Galakrond'ing.

I never play Hanar unless I can Shadowstep or Togwaggle him. The other Togwaggle is for Kronx or Flik.

This thing has an 80% win rate for me. I love it so much.

Deck Code: AAECAaIHBpKXA6eoA8GuA+O0A8vAA/vEAwztAq+RA4+XA/WnA7muA/6uA86vA5u2A8y5A865A9C5A7m+AwA=

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Can you post the deck code, @ObiFett , if you've got it handy?

• Options
    @ObiFett that list looks very fun. Love the scheme in my pre expansion list, used it for Ziliax vs aggro, Flik vs control. Flik'ing every minion someone plays is so dirty. Having a deck full of Kronx is also awesome. Remember playing Kronx, scheme in a ton of him, then next turn is Galakrond, claw + 3 times 0 mana Kronx for 20 dmg.

Will try once I tire of DH. Scheme Hanar looks dope. Can Hanar secrets keep you alive or do you miss healing in the deck?

• Options
    Coldrazor wrote: »
    @ObiFett that list looks very fun. Love the scheme in my pre expansion list, used it for Ziliax vs aggro, Flik vs control. Flik'ing every minion someone plays is so dirty. Having a deck full of Kronx is also awesome. Remember playing Kronx, scheme in a ton of him, then next turn is Galakrond, claw + 3 times 0 mana Kronx for 20 dmg.

Will try once I tire of DH. Scheme Hanar looks dope. Can Hanar secrets keep you alive or do you miss healing in the deck?

You can sort of get healing with Ice Barrier.

• Options
    Ice barrier, counterspell, freezing trap, vaporize, get down! ( u know the one) misdirect, bamboozle on taunted lackeys...there are options...

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Noble sacrifice/misdirection too

• Options
    Noble sacrifice/misdirection too
    bwanie wrote: »
    Ice barrier, counterspell, freezing trap, vaporize, get down! ( u know the one) misdirect, bamboozle on taunted lackeys...there are options...