As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Movie] Thread where we STAY ALIVE

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Why dog on strippers though

Totp champion 2020

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    it's very good tube

v proud of you

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Or alien 3

Or 4

david fincher got done dirty by the studio, alien 3 could have been the best in the series

the movie we got isn't great but I don't think it's near as bad as the fourth movie

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I've done some theatre with several people who also stripped

Pretty good actors, across the board

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Anyway, should I watch Verotika y/n

Do you enjoy experiencing the dramatic acting talents of your average stripper? Do you think Tommy Wiseau is a brilliant filmmaker and actor? Do you enjoy the unintentional comedy of an utter lack of writing, directing, or editing skill? Then you might like Verotika.

1) maybe
    2) no, but I love the Room
    3) depends, it can be fun-bad or just frustrating
    hmm

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

Strippers are acting like 90% of the time, at least

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    also if you told me there was an alien movie that had sigourney weaver and ron perlman and winona ryder and michael wincott and brad fuckin' douriff I'd be like "fuck yeah we're watching that immediately"

alien resurrection is a trap that hates you and wants you to die angry

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Strippers manage to not act repulsed by most of the gross dudes they deal with daily.

I’d say they are fantastic actors.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Sex Workers seem like good people who do good things, and I hope I live to see the day when they're not just a punchline

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    i will always love Alien 3 because it's the first movie I have any memory of seeing at all.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I love Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and the Sigourney Weaver basketball scene. Everything else in the series is complete trash imo, especially Covenant/Prometheus

Absolutely not

Sweeney Tom on
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I've never seen an Alien and the way most people talk about the series makes me kinda not want to correct that

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Alien and Aliens are absolute classics

Anything beyond there is going to be fairly debated, but the first two are definitely worth it

I love Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and the Sigourney Weaver basketball scene. Everything else in the series is complete trash imo, especially Covenant/Prometheus

Absolutely not

dang
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I've never seen an Alien and the way most people talk about the series makes me kinda not want to correct that

The first one is a classic for a reason

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    there's reasons to watch every Alien movie except Resurrection

even Alien 3 is mildly interesting cause it's David Fincher's first movie

6F32U1X.png
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I can't hate Resurrection entirely because I baseline have to love anything that can have the descriptors of 'french' and 'sci-fi' together

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    You guys ready for some super hot takes?

SW: Phantom Menace is really bad.

I haven't seen this movie in like 15+ years. I remember it being bad for dumb choices made but I forgot how bad it was all around. Like this is just incompetently made with bad performances all over the place.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    Gustav wrote: »
    I can't hate Resurrection entirely because I baseline have to love anything that can have the descriptors of 'french' and 'sci-fi' together

yes but this is outweighed by joss and whedon

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Strippers are acting like 90% of the time, at least

and doing pretty strenuous physical activities

pole work is tough

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I like Phantom Menace but it definitely has issues

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    looking up Verotika, it seems Kayden Kross plays a sort of budget Elvira hosting all the segments?

I've enjoyed, ah, some of her film work in the past but I think I'll be giving Verotika a miss

wow

so judgey

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    looking up Verotika, it seems Kayden Kross plays a sort of budget Elvira hosting all the segments?

I've enjoyed, ah, some of her film work in the past but I think I'll be giving Verotika a miss

Shes very bad at it which leads me to believe danzig is just a bad director

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Verotika is utterly dreadful in the least entertaining ways possible it is like good bad movie antimatter

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Yeah. You could read a description of what happens in it, and think it'd be some bad movie fun, but it's just tedious and pointless.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    everything I've heard about Verotika suggests to me that it's gonna join the "more fun to hear a description of than to actually watch" list

I'll still totally watch it when it comes to a streaming service I've got though

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I'm watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

This film might be the hardest a film is calibrated for my tastes.

The only thing it is missing in martial arts.

But short of that, this film is like a love letter straight to my heart.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    I found out recently that they tested Tim Curry for the Judge Doom role, but thought he was too scary, which sounds extremely plausible to me

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I'm watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

This film might be the hardest a film is calibrated for my tastes.

The only thing it is missing in martial arts.

But short of that, this film is like a love letter straight to my heart.

https://youtu.be/RWtt3Tmnij4?t=336

Skip to 5:20 but the whole video is pretty interesting.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    I watched Verotika a couple of weeks ago.

It's pretty fucking bad but also boring. It's not this height of bad movie greatness that that first screening promised, probably because people were just shocked that it was so bad and baffling.

I think people are trying to make it happen as the new bad movie but I don't think it makes it there. I don't know, get trashed in some way and some fellow bad movie folks with you, you can see worse. But I'd rather watch some Neil Breen or Andy Sidaris for a good time.

Verotika must be badly directed because Kayden Kross is an excellent and naturalistic actress with a strong work ethic

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Or alien 3

Or 4

david fincher got done dirty by the studio, alien 3 could have been the best in the series

the movie we got isn't great but I don't think it's near as bad as the fourth movie

The Assembly Cut is so much better.

I know it's not the sequel to Aliens people wanted but it's still pretty good!

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Verotika must be badly directed because Kayden Kross is an excellent and naturalistic actress with a strong work ethic

I don't follow

I found out recently that they tested Tim Curry for the Judge Doom role, but thought he was too scary, which sounds extremely plausible to me

Tim Curry lost out on more roles that way

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

Also watching Neil Breen movies is genuinely psychically hazardous proceed with extreme caution

Also watching Neil Breen movies is genuinely psychically hazardous proceed with extreme caution

The two I've seen were pretty amazing, ngl

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

I've never heard of this neil breen fella but I can say that his wikipedia picture is probably the best I've ever seen

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I've never heard of this neil breen fella but I can say that his wikipedia picture is probably the best I've ever seen

neil breen is what would happen if tommy wisseau read foccault

This discussion has been closed.