As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Competesque

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Competesque

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    It's nice to see the two coming up with fun ways to them interacting, despite having to stay isolated.

Im not sure the get the joke about Valorant though. Does Tycho not normally play these types of multiplayer games?

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    T-Danger wrote: »
    It's nice to see the two coming up with fun ways to them interacting, despite having to stay isolated.

Im not sure the get the joke about Valorant though. Does Tycho not normally play these types of multiplayer games?

No, the joke is that Tycho is normally so terrible at games that Gabe can't believe a claim to the contrary. Jerry is notoriously and self-admittedly terrible at nearly every game. His presence on at team being only a hindrance for his unlucky partners.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Registered User regular
    You can win the match for you team by buying guns for your more worthy team mates and by playing smart with abilities.
    Some of my most memorable wins were when I was literally the bottom of the team and watched the map for them after going to spectate.

• Options
    Jgr9Jgr9 Registered User regular
    It's temporary.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Jerry is notoriously and self-admittedly terrible at nearly every game.

I think he was semi-competent at Dadfuckers.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    T-Danger wrote: »

No, the joke is that Tycho is normally so terrible at games that Gabe can't believe a claim to the contrary. Jerry is notoriously and self-admittedly terrible at nearly every game. His presence on at team being only a hindrance for his unlucky partners.

My favorite example:

1108856019_wZAD4-L.jpg

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    My favourite:

mwfovr3s8y7c.jpg

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    You can win the match for you team by buying guns for your more worthy team mates and by playing smart with abilities.
    Some of my most memorable wins were when I was literally the bottom of the team and watched the map for them after going to spectate.

I have definitely done similar in some games with elimination modes where when I die, i spectate a friend but face backwards and alert them of flanks.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

I have definitely done similar in some games with elimination modes where when I die, i spectate a friend but face backwards and alert them of flanks.

It's like the plot of a heartwarming buddy comedy

Or the Disney Channel sitcom Teen Angel

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Finally got beta access. Played a few rounds and I just... This is a great game for the people who've been playing CS this whole time. Everyone else though? It adds almost nothing. It's the least original game I think I've ever played.

What is this I don't even.