As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

West 2019 Constructive Feedback

2»

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    This thread is not about giving constructive feedback on other posters, please refrain from doing so.

• mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Tube wrote: »
    This thread is not about giving constructive feedback on other posters, please refrain from doing so.

Sorry a.a, that was pretty douchey.

For what it’s worth, I do 100% agree that actual signage for no-stroller areas (if we’re going to have them) is good idea and establishing a designated space near both the 4th and 6th floor halls for stroller parking would be an improvement.

Especially the 6th floor, there’s more than enough dead space outside the expo hall there (off to the right) to set something up. 4th floor would be tougher but it’s all about priorities.

Even if you can’t establish a space near the halls...I’d be unsurprised if those hallways have to be relatively clear for fire evac reasons or whatever...having a designated room/area somewhere on 4, 5 or 6 to easily cover both halls would be nice. I do seem to recall SDCC having designated areas like this for oversized strollers (or parents who simply wanted to leave them behind for a bit).

I may disagree with whether allowing strollers on the floor is a requirement for a family friendly event...and I do sincerely apologize for being a dick in how I expressed that...but I absolutely agree that being told “meh, carry it” as the solution to the problem is pretty family-unfriendly. If you’re going to allow strollers in most spaces, as a convention, you should have at least some semblance of a solution for parents who reach the borders of those spaces. Regardless of what form the improvement in this area takes (up to and including simply allowing small enough strollers on the floor), I agree improvement is needed.

And that improvement is needed regardless of the warning/checkbox suggested earlier, because that assumes attendees go through the official ticketing process...with PAX badges being transferrable, that’s not a given.

Edit: Also, to be clear, I know all of the above was your original suggestion...I’m saying I agree with most of what you said, and apologizing for choosing to disagree with part in a totally non-constructive way.

mcdermott on
  • davobahdavobah Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I liked the Red Bull area in the ACT Theater. It wasn't real crowded. I could go there and chill with a drink and a game of Tetris. :)

davobah on
    ewk6x7oeylli.png
    edited September 2019
    The social games at pre-pax board game night and during pax were lots of fun. I also played both Magic and D&D for the first time (yes) and they were great experiences!

davobah on
    ewk6x7oeylli.png
    Everyone was really cool and looking to have a good time, just like me. And a good time I had. I walked by the convention center a few days ago and was a little sad that PAX is done in Seattle for a year. :(

ewk6x7oeylli.png
  • captian54captian54 Vidographer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    This is a late comment for this thread, but the only complaint I have is about the Omegathon final. When we entered we were shocked to find that there were literally no seats. We almost had to turn around and walk out after waiting in line for an hour and a half because my wife was pregnant and couldn’t stand for long periods of time. Luckily an enforcer allowed us to get some seats off to the side.

Found it a very odd decision to not have it be a seated event. If it was because of the venue choice I’d recommend moving the main theater back to Benaroya Hall.

R3z3wlJ.png
    ZOHC4v.png
  • ScunosiScunosi WashingtonRegistered User regular
    captian54 wrote: »
    This is a late comment for this thread, but the only complaint I have is about the Omegathon final. When we entered we were shocked to find that there were literally no seats. We almost had to turn around and walk out after waiting in line for an hour and a half because my wife was pregnant and couldn’t stand for long periods of time. Luckily an enforcer allowed us to get some seats off to the side.

Found it a very odd decision to not have it be a seated event. If it was because of the venue choice I’d recommend moving the main theater back to Benaroya Hall.
    Late quote to a late comment but yes, our group also felt this was an extremely odd decision. One of our group is also quite short so if/when the rest of the audience was standing it would've been very hard for her to see. It's been a while but I think the audience luckily remained seated (on the floor!) most of the time but still. And even though sitting on the floor was an option, it's definitely not comfortable and not something that feels very cool after paying X amount of dollars to be at an event just to sit on a concrete floor.