As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fox/adult Disney animation] Krapopolis is apparently appropriately named

• orangemo8orangemo8 Registered User regular
    So Duncanville joins Bless the Harts in season 2 renewals.

https://deadline.com/2020/04/duncanville-renewed-season-2-fox-animated-series-1202900947/

May 3 schedule

8pm - Simpsons - Warrin' Priests Part 2 - TS-3113 OR ZABF13

Continuation from Part 1 on April 26

8:30pm - Duncanville - Free Range Children - DUN-109 or 1LAZ09

Duncan and Kimberly learn independence when they end up in Mexico after being charged to go get groceries.

9pm - Bob's Burgers - Poops!... I Didn't Do It Again - BOB-920 or 9ASA20

Louise must conquer her fear of using public bathrooms when her class goes on an overnight field trip, while Linda, Bob, Tina, and Gene make a video for her parent's anniversary.

9:30pm - Family Guy - Better off Meg - FG-1717 or JACX17

A false report claims that Meg has died, so the family lives life without her, while Meg starts a new life.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    If you missed its extremely short run in theaters, Playdate with Destiny (the new Maggie Simpson short) goes to Disney Plus tomorrow.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    If you missed its extremely short run in theaters, Playdate with Destiny (the new Maggie Simpson short) goes to Disney Plus tomorrow.

Looks like they're also putting up The Longest Daycare too later this month.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-simpsons-disney-plus-1234575703/

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA

I saw it yesterday. The story was a bit predictable but overall it was a fun watch.

Been a while since we got a couch gag in a different art style. (Though no guest animator was cited -- maybe it was done in-house?)

https://youtu.be/mfXngyevrdw

Fox Animation will have an aftershow after Family Guy at 7pm PT/10pm ET on the new Caffeine social media app for the next 5 Sundays. Finale for Duncanville, Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, and Family Guy is May 17, 2020.

MAY 17 SEASON FINALE LISTINGS

8pm - Simpsons - Way of the Dog - ZABF14 (TS-3114) - After Santa's Little Helper bites Marge, the family explores his past.

8:30pm - Duncanville - Classless President - 1LAZ10 (DUN-110) - Duncan runs for class president but finds the competition to be way harder than he thought, while Kimberly participates in a cookie fundraiser, with a few tricks up her sleeve.

9pm - Bob's Burgers - Prank You for Being a Friend - 9ASA22 (BOB-922) - A classmates seeks Louise's help on how to get in trouble, while Bob agrees to get Jimmy Pesto his hernia medicine.

9:30pm - Family Guy - Movin' In (Principal Shepherd's Song) - JACX08 (FG-1708) - After fatshaming Chris, Principal Shepherd moves in with the Griffins, to their annoyance, while Brian sues Stewie for defamation.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    orangemo8 wrote: »
    the family explores his past

Clip show? Clip show.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    the family explores his past

Clip show? Clip show.

Probably not. Though Im at a loss to what they can explore

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    It's not a season finale -- a two-part Simpsons episode will air over April 26 and May 3, focusing on Reverend Lovejoy, oddly enough.

Remember when Alf Clausen was fired as composer of The Simpsons out of the blue? Thanks to lawsuits, we now know why: he was having other people compose music for the show without telling anyone.

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Fired from the Simpsons for being too lazy?? What a country.

Edit: I know it goes quite deeper than that but I will leave my boiling hot take as it is!!

Cristoval on
    Cristoval wrote: »

Edit: I know it goes quite deeper than that but I will leave my boiling hot take as it is!!

To be fair to Clausen, the dude was the sole composer for 20-odd episodes of a 30-episode show with a fairly strong musical element each year. That's a crapton of work. He's long been credited as being part of the DNA of the show. Plus he's pushing 80, and might be having trouble keeping up the workload. To an extent, I can understand the pressure he must have felt to keep going by any means necessary.

Though no matter how you slice it, what he did was wrong.

edited April 2020
    It's not a season finale -- a two-part Simpsons episode will air over April 26 and May 3, focusing on Reverend Lovejoy, oddly enough.

These are the finale episodes that will air on May 17.

8pm - Simpsons - Way of the Dog (S31E22) - ZABF16 (TS-3116) - After Santa's Little Helper bites Marge, the family explores his past.

8:30pm - Duncanville - Classless President (S1E11) - 1LAZ10 (DUN-110) - Duncan runs for class president but finds the competition to be way harder than he thought, while Kimberly participates in a cookie fundraiser, with a few tricks up her sleeve.

9pm - Bob's Burgers - Prank You for Being a Friend (S10E22) - 9ASA22 (BOB-922) - A classmates seeks Louise's help on how to get in trouble, while Bob agrees to get Jimmy Pesto his hernia medicine.

9:30pm - Family Guy - Movin' In (Principal Shepherd's Song) (S18E20) - JACX08 (FG-1708) - After fatshaming Chris, Principal Shepherd loses his job and home and moves in with the Griffins, to their annoyance, while Brian sues Stewie for defamation.

orangemo8 on
  • CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular

Seems like something Homer would do.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Seems like something Homer the musician would do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21x7KObESV0

The Great North panel and artstyle revealed by Bob’s Burgers team tonight! I uploaded it onto my YouTube channel.

https://youtu.be/xKyA6hUhi4Q

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I took the plunge on Disney+ and the terrible way they've cropped Simpsons aside, god damn these early seasons are so funny. I'm on the Critic episode.

"Listen Spielberg-o, Schindler and I are like two peas in a pod, we're both factory owners, we both made shells for the Nazis, but mine worked damn't!"

So clever and subtle.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I've noticed Bob's Burgers has been pretty meh lately. I think they are running out of gas. New episodes feel like going through the motions. The early episodes seemed to have a lot more energy, creativity, and fun. With that I'm back to not really looking forward to anything on Fox these days.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I've noticed Bob's Burgers has been pretty meh lately. I think they are running out of gas. New episodes feel like going through the motions. The early episodes seemed to have a lot more energy, creativity, and fun. With that I'm back to not really looking forward to anything on Fox these days.

Have the writers changed? Any pillars leave?

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Aren't a bunch of them working on that new show?

Ive really enjoyed this season. Different strokes I guess

I disagree kind of. There are only like 3 misses this season, for me at least, and the rest of the episodes are enjoyable and pretty fun. This recent one was really good. Now Family Guy is definitely running out of gas. This last episode was pretty bad.

Fencingsax wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »

Aren't a bunch of them working on that new show?

A few are working on The Great North, but Central Park has all new writers.

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I decided to start watching Duncanville because I've got nothing better to do at the moment, and I just got to a joke I really enjoyed.

"I still feed the goldfish in Keith Moon's drums."
    "Those fish don't look so good."
    "They're forty-two years old. They look damn good."

Hexmage-PA on
    Unexpected I assumed Disney would move bobs burgers to Hulu. I guess they want it everywhere it can be for movie hype

https://deadline.com/2020/05/bobs-burgers-renewed-season-11-fox-1202931025/

Unexpected I assumed Disney would move bobs burgers to Hulu. I guess they want it everywhere it can be for movie hype

It's probably more profitable to have Fox pay them money to air it.

Yes Fox pays a lot to have Bob's on the air. I think Disney still pays to produce the episodes since they own them but Fox pays huge licensing fees now.

FALL SCHEDULE REVEALED

8PM - Simpsons
    8:30PM - Bless the Harts
    9PM - Bob's Burgers
    9:30PM - Family Guy

Same as last fall

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    So Bless the Harts and Duncanville only get half seasons?

Kyougu wrote: »

Since they're mid-season shows on network TV, yes.

Going to be really interesting to see what Fox does moving forward, since they no longer have a TV production studio and all the other studios will most likely want to keep stuff to themselves. There's not much room to cancel stuff. Bless the Harts and Duncanville got reeeeeeally lucky coming when they did.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

Yes Fox pays a lot to have Bob's on the air. I think Disney still pays to produce the episodes since they own them but Fox pays huge licensing fees now.

I thought Disney owned Fox?

Sic transit gloria mundi.

They didn't get the network (or Fox News, for that matter).

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

They didn't get the network (or Fox News, for that matter).

That explains it. I was under the impression they got everything except for Fox News.

Sic transit gloria mundi.

Since they're mid-season shows on network TV, yes.

Going to be really interesting to see what Fox does moving forward, since they no longer have a TV production studio and all the other studios will most likely want to keep stuff to themselves. There's not much room to cancel stuff. Bless the Harts and Duncanville got reeeeeeally lucky coming when they did.

Bless the Harts supposedly is getting a full 22 episode or so second season. Duncanville, if it does return in March, will get about 10 episodes (they have 2 holdovers from the 1LAZ season as well). If Fox wants to bring back Duncanville, they will need to holdover Housebroken.

Fox also said they might do another animation night. Animation is big in syndication and streaming as well, as Duncanville is pretty popular on Hulu and is syndicated to four countries already.

Fox does have a TV studio, Fox Entertainment. They appear in Harts and Duncan's end credits right before 20th (the old Fox). Disney did buy 21st Century Fox, but new Fox still has the television stations, the Fox Broadcasting network, the sports, the news, and a few other assets.

Rewatching King of the Hill from the start.

The first season is ROUGH.

I agree, the first season had some really weird stuff. It's not bad at all, in fact, it's pretty decent, it's just that when you compare it to season 2 it's far worse. I'm on my rewatch about to finish season 2.

Bless the Harts will have a lot to live up to next fall if it wants to win the diehard KOTH and Bob's Burgers fans over.

By the way, if you wanted to see, here's Phil Payton's review on this week's Fox animated episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmDgu0U27lY

I agree, the first season had some really weird stuff. It's not bad at all, in fact, it's pretty decent, it's just that when you compare it to season 2 it's far worse. I'm on my rewatch about to finish season 2.

Bless the Harts will have a lot to live up to next fall if it wants to win the diehard KOTH and Bob's Burgers fans over.

Season 2 def starts shaping up into the show it would become.

Weirdly enough I think it really hits it's stride in the paintball episode with Green Day.