As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Wow, just met a golden DH.

Edit: also, I didnt ask what secrets can act as sort of healing. I asked if the deck is missing healing or if Hanar has it covered

Coldrazor on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Former pro-HS player and streamer TidesOfTime posted on his twitter that he’s having surgery tomorrow to remove an 11cm lung abscess. That’s some scary shit right there.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Coldrazor wrote: »

Edit: also, I didnt ask what secrets can act as sort of healing. I asked if the deck is missing healing or if Hanar has it covered

Rogues always miss healing. The secrets do not heal you, but can save your butt.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »

Rogues always miss healing. The secrets do not heal you, but can save your butt.
    This is more control-oriented rogue, with several anti-aggro tools cut like backstab and evicerate compared to older tempo lists. Some rogue lists used to run some neutral healing in addition to Ziliax, especially highlander Galakrond. And as I mentioned, scheme + Ziliax, with shadowstep also, could help fend off aggro in a draw heavy gala rogue.

Tried a few games and ended 2 - 5. Fun deck, but lacks the tools to handle the aggro meta I'm seeing. Tried to cut the quest (win more, Hanar dependent) and a draw secret for backstabs. Still feels like Hanar or bust. And t2 Hanar is killable for DHs with a decent opener. Maybe Edwin would fit, for early pressure if backstabs gets added in.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    I run backstabs, a single tog scheme and a brewmaster. No quest, no corruptors.

I flood with lackeys and don't hanar until later in the game. You don't want your good secrets wasted on weenies.

You can still win without hanar through togwaggle and gala/kronx.

Play what you like i guess?

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    And whats all this zilliax talk, i thought we were talking standard.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    So i'm starting to think murazond was a mistake. I can deal with one but when they hero power into a second...?

If the meta slows down only a little galakrond priest is going to be a huge issue.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Hearthstone_2020-04-22-11-30-25.png?width=1095&height=616

Jeeeeeeeesus. I just came back from what would've been an inevitable loss. Galakrond Rogue mirror, he's got me down to 2 HP, I've got Hanar up. I manage to pull a Noble Sac for his 5/2 weapon, I've got Counterspell up (counters Evis), I am fishing HARD for Ice Barrier.

Find it. Now I just gotta get lucky and hope he doesn't find Kobold Lackey.

He doesn't. I have to leave his Hanar UP ON BOARD and alive so that he'll pop my Barrier.

He does. I find another Barrier. Pops that, too. He plays out a bunch of shit. Back and forth, back and forth.

Eventually, I guess he got fed up and went "fuck this, I'm slamming Deathwing, he can't deal with a 12/12!!!!"

He was wrong as I sent it back to hand as an unplayable 12 mana card.

Concede. Back up to D1.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/zieGH2n3kszAPbhCdNDUii

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020

This is more control-oriented rogue, with several anti-aggro tools cut like backstab and evicerate compared to older tempo lists. Some rogue lists used to run some neutral healing in addition to Ziliax, especially highlander Galakrond. And as I mentioned, scheme + Ziliax, with shadowstep also, could help fend off aggro in a draw heavy gala rogue.

Tried a few games and ended 2 - 5. Fun deck, but lacks the tools to handle the aggro meta I'm seeing. Tried to cut the quest (win more, Hanar dependent) and a draw secret for backstabs. Still feels like Hanar or bust. And t2 Hanar is killable for DHs with a decent opener. Maybe Edwin would fit, for early pressure if backstabs gets added in.

Yeah, key is to mulligan for lackey stuff early. Hanar is only played once the board is under control. You beat aggro decks with lackeys. Always mulligan for Lackey generators.

edit: oh, and Stunners. Those are ridiculous against any deck.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Noble sacrifice/misdirection too
    Ice barrier, counterspell, freezing trap, vaporize, get down! ( u know the one) misdirect, bamboozle on taunted lackeys...there are options...

didn't refresh page before posting, sue me

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    What’s a good deck to get me past the dumpster ranks so I can finish the season in a reasonable place? Ramp druid just isn’t cutting it anymore. Having some success with highlander control mage but it’s slow and I kinda just want to be done with silver now.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Despite all the nerfs, Tempo Demon Hunter is still pretty good and the average game length is significantly shorter than shit like highlander control decks.

Face Hunter is probably still good for climbing as well, since the games go quick.

forty on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Kibler put out another Highlander Quest Dragon Shaman video (his 4th in the last 4 days) and is sporting a 70% win rate. Granted, it's Kibler, but it might be a deck worth looking into. Seems to be strong and flexible with lots of different ways to win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x6vJjBojC8

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    What’s a good deck to get me past the dumpster ranks so I can finish the season in a reasonable place? Ramp druid just isn’t cutting it anymore. Having some success with highlander control mage but it’s slow and I kinda just want to be done with silver now.

Check the deck that Xixo is using for DH and getting Legend 1. It’s a solid deck.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    2omjaibl3fu41.png
    Oh good, I'm not the only one annoyed by this.

• Options
    Also apparently Zephrys missed lethal at the Innvitational yesterday by not offering a Windspeaker.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Also apparently Zephrys missed lethal at the Innvitational yesterday by not offering a Windspeaker.

Yep.

• Options
    TsuAqHgLhfVda8BZbUaNLrFpkbYcW476WuL1rzOfSyY.jpg?auto=webp&s=2d8eedaf90d1fa7ad1c504ca0883154e29877193

lol

• Options
    AAECAaPLAwKblAP1qAMOFpAD1ATuBrIIl5QDmpQD0qUD3KkD3a0DpLYDq7YDwLkDnLsDAA==.png

Went 4-1 tonight in Diamond with this almost autocomplete Warrior deck -- it put in Grom Hellscream, which seemed like a bad include to me so I dumped him for a Livewire Lance since only 2 weapons seems like a mistake with 2 Corsair Caches. The only loss was a ridiculously close game against Galakrond Rogue that could have been a win at multiple times if he didn't keep lucking out like crazy. I had way too many Boom Bots do 1 damage or bad hits. On his second to last turn I would have had lethal but his Pharaoh Cat gave him the Paladin Lifesteal Reborn guy along with a Rush lackey to heal out of range. And even with all that, on my last turn I played to my only out of getting him down to 5 health and hoping for a ~1/3 bomb draw of great justice, which sadly did not come.

I played a variety of opponents but no DHs, so I didn't get to see how it fares against them. Still, Bomb Warrior seems to be decent again! It gets the chance to shut down highlander decks but doesn't have to play a 4 mana 4/3 to do it!

• Options
    EVERYONE GETTING LEGEND EXCEPT ME APPARENTLY

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Well i for one will still be proud going from dad legend to Jerry legend.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I literally sleepwalked to legend day 1 with busted prenerf DH

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Amazing that DH is so good it can take hits to several core cards and still be a top deck.

I’m all for having strong aggressive classes but DH’s got draw for days, the most effective aggressive minions, and an impactful hero power. It’s pretty absurd.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Yo this game was crazy: https://hsreplay.net/replay/z6N9kUBJ3cbg66F4TXXEMC

20 turns, some insane Yogg boxes, crazy Reno power rng, and close to double digit Heistbarons played

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I literally sleepwalked to legend day 1 with busted prenerf DH

i literally keep getting to diamond 1 and then the game decides to throw 4 DHs at me back to back who all get The Nut Draw and dunk me back down to diamond 4

THIS HAS HAPPENED 4 FUCKING TIMES NOW

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby is never gonna get his Nat Pagle or Millhouse Manastorm at this rate. :(

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    EVERYONE GETTING LEGEND EXCEPT ME APPARENTLY

I tried to escape 5, but I keep just getting my knees shattered.

• Options
    edited April 2020

5aPaKCy.png

joke's on you buddy i already HAVE EM

oops not Pagle though I dusted him a long time ago after he got nerfed

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

5aPaKCy.png

joke's on you buddy i already HAVE EM

oops not Pagle though I dusted him a long time ago after he got nerfed
    I don't see a hogger. You never know if he'll pop on in them.

I've dusted hogger twice.

• Options
    He's filtering by 2 mana so that's why you can't see his Hogger. I'd just like to note that I did fuckin' call it on Pagle!

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I actually played a bunch last night and rose up out of the bronze era to settle in to gold 9 for the night. Mostly played a bunch of the quest shaman Kibler has been playing, though I'm not very good at piloting it yet and made a ton of mistakes. It also felt like it struggled a bit against the super aggressive decks I was seeing in my bracket, at least when I'd just pull tons of expensive things early, so I finished the night out with a few rounds of Kibler's Hack the System deck and I think that's probably gonna help me climb a bit better against the aggressive stuff out there.

Last time I made a real attempt at climbing, I was playing some midrange hunter deck back in the goblins and gnomes era and I hit rank 6 I think.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    oh yeah by the way

did you know that demon hunters remembered that priestess of fury is a card still? and that it's still a very very good card?? and that they're now running them again??? and that it's a fuckin' bullshit card that has to be answered on the spot or you just lose right away??????????

fun times. fun how people just completely forgot about that card. fun how it completely slipped the nerf radar.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Its basically Ragnaros but better in almost all circumstances. I can't believe it avoided any nerfs

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    oh yeah by the way

did you know that demon hunters remembered that priestess of fury is a card still? and that it's still a very very good card?? and that they're now running them again??? and that it's a fuckin' bullshit card that has to be answered on the spot or you just lose right away??????????

fun times. fun how people just completely forgot about that card. fun how it completely slipped the nerf radar.

Would you nerf it so it does 3 damage instead of 6 or nerf it so it only damages enemy minions?

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    oh yeah by the way

Would you nerf it so it does 3 damage instead of 6 or nerf it so it only damages enemy minions?

3 pings would be unplayable, minions only would actually make it more difficult to remove.

I'd change the stats. 6/7 is fucking insane. 7 damage is not an easy target to hit! There are not many things in this game that can cleanly deal 7 damage!!! I'd make that like, a 6/5.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Kibler bringing out quest Warrior to absurd results.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Only one Brawl? Finally, the Warrior deck perfectly suited to my incomplete Classic collection!

• Options
    Only one Brawl? Finally, the Warrior deck perfectly suited to my incomplete Classic collection!

One of these days you will get your 2nd Brawl due to dupe protection and then you can no longer make this joke >:(

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I just checked and I'm down to 5 Classic epics I'm missing. At about 1 classic pack a week I'm still estimated at about half a year to catch 'em all!

• Options
    How have you not crafted a second Brawl yet? Like seriously, I'll give you 400 dust.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page