As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Call of Duty] BLOPS IIII out now, and pretty good despite Activision's best efforts.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Should have been AR/Sniper.

Shotguns are just straight up garbage in most CoD games.

Seems redundant. The idea of the mode is that you either need to be quite close or quite far. Regular Warzone is basically all ARs/Snipers anyway.

• twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular

anytime a shotgun is garbage in a CoD game it's paying for the sins of the dual 1887s and spas-12 in mw2.

• monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular

Have you played the current game? The largest balance complaint has been a shotgun for most of the life of this edition. The pump action in this one is also super brutal

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    All the shotguns are super inconsistent to me, I keep my pistols over picking up slow firing shotguns in Warzone.

All the shotguns are super inconsistent to me, I keep my pistols over picking up slow firing shotguns in Warzone.

I don't know if they are different in Warzone or not, but in multiplayer they absolutely rip.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah the pump action is a beast in multi, hell even in warzone I've clipped more than a few with it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Noticed solos have the bertha cargo trucks removed which seems kind of silly, since they fixed the cab to shoot people, and lowered the HP they are no longer the tank they once were, hell they are more "please shoot me" indicators.

Helicopters really need a nerf, they take more damage than the cargo truck now.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    I’m not sure what was going on with the RNG the other night, in my Ground War matches. But it was the Night of the Shield Turret. Every care package, on both sides. For two hours straight. The map was so littered with these unmanned, useless lumps of metal that I’m kind of kicking myself now for not getting out my launcher and completing some camo challenges.

Judging by where they were deployed, I’m convinced some of these disappointed players were trying out an experiment to see if they could block vehicle routes with enough of them. Or maybe those were the only patches of ground anywhere on these good-sized maps this notoriously stubborn (and awful) streak would allow itself to be emplaced.

In one of these same matches, while completing a mission to call in weapon drops, I got a mini gun from one of the crates. Not the suit of fancy armor, just a gun so huge IRL that the delinker for the belt feed weights the same as a service rifle. The definition of a glass cannon. The funny thing, though, is people ran from me. Clearly, when I opened up with it, they thought I was a juggernaut.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    monkeykins wrote: »

I don't know if they are different in Warzone or not, but in multiplayer they absolutely rip.

I find they rip in multi because it's way more close range.

Not so much in warzone where no one really gives a fuck about mobility until the final few circles.

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    eet27m7028x4.png
    I FINALLY WON A ROUND OF GUN GAME, I AM THE GREATEST!

gonna retire now

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    edited April 2020
    I just leveled the Renetti to 10 in a couple co-op missions, to bring it up to sidearm standard for multi, where I’ve been using the M19 up until now. Custom mod/blueprint name for it? ‘M1911>M9’ of course.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
    I swear I ran into a dude cheating in death match. Not any kind of aim bot, but like I couldn't hit him? It was weird I'd have my sights dead on him and miss every shot like he was neo. He wasn't lagging that I could see, but just could not fucking hit him at all.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »
    I swear I ran into a dude cheating in death match. Not any kind of aim bot, but like I couldn't hit him? It was weird I'd have my sights dead on him and miss every shot like he was neo. He wasn't lagging that I could see, but just could not fucking hit him at all.

yes.. i too have.. uh.. run into ... "cheating" guys I can't hit. it definitely happens a lot

:p lol

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    Hardtarget wrote: »

yes.. i too have.. uh.. run into ... "cheating" guys I can't hit. it definitely happens a lot

Nah this was like point blank on shipment. I wasn't even getting hit markers. Like there is no way I didn't even at least hit something.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    Actually, Jack Frags recently did a video spectating a cheater that was head shooting players with a no scope, AK-47 from around 400-500 meters as the player is hiding in the second floor of an attic window. So there are definitely cheaters on the loose in the PC version. Hopefully Infinity Ward has a plan to snuff them out or ban the players.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    The worst part about this game is the fact cross play is default enabled. Boo. I play on console to make sure that I don’t have to doubt whether or not the dude who killed me did so fairly

I want to avoid cheaters and avoid being at a disadvantage because my system isn’t as powerful. And now I’m also at an input type advantage?

Yeah you can turn it off but since it’s not default it can’t find good matches of others with it off

616610-1.png
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    On Xbox you cant even turn it off.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I've rarely come across players where I was one thousand percent sure they were cheating, but I'll forever remember watching the kill cam of some dipshit mounted on the door near the pool at Aniyah Palace, and as part of his double kill he absolutely 100% prefires at the shipping containers a full half-second before I turn the corner. I run Cold Blooded and Ghost almost all the time, and I sure as shit was running solo in that area apart from the guy coming the other way.

I don't even normally make reports or whatever but I've never been so sure of something in my life.

I've rarely come across players where I was one thousand percent sure they were cheating, but I'll forever remember watching the kill cam of some dipshit mounted on the door near the pool at Aniyah Palace, and as part of his double kill he absolutely 100% prefires at the shipping containers a full half-second before I turn the corner. I run Cold Blooded and Ghost almost all the time, and I sure as shit was running solo in that area apart from the guy coming the other way.

I don't even normally make reports or whatever but I've never been so sure of something in my life.

Yeah I watched a solo dude cheater "finish" the game by snap head shotting people (in my kill video he snapped to a guy before me and then 180'd right to me). It was like super obvious he was cheating.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I got accused of cheating yesterday. What happened is that I was in a building and head some footsteps below and to the right. So I jump out the window and turn to that spot and shoot the guy there who's hiding in a bush while laying prone. He IMMEDIATELY accuses me of using an ESP hack(?) and that he's reporting me. So I told him that I merely heard his loud AF footsteps and he says "prone doesn't make sound". Sure, but I heard him walking/running to that spot. He didn't fucking crawl there.

Either way, I told him to not send the footage to the FBI. I'm currently awaiting to be arrested.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited April 2020
    I got accused of cheating yesterday. What happened is that I was in a building and head some footsteps below and to the right. So I jump out the window and turn to that spot and shoot the guy there who's hiding in a bush while laying prone. He IMMEDIATELY accuses me of using an ESP hack(?) and that he's reporting me. So I told him that I merely heard his loud AF footsteps and he says "prone doesn't make sound". Sure, but I heard him walking/running to that spot. He didn't fucking crawl there.

Either way, I told him to not send the footage to the FBI. I'm currently awaiting to be arrested.

Yeah that kind of thing happens all the time, like people are really not aware of how a good pair of headphones can let you know where someone is.

"I had ghost on!"

Funny your foot steps didn't sound any quieter...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    The only reason I even got MW was because of crossplay being the default, it's great for me. I'm pretty decent at CoD with a controller but I'm AWFUL at it with M+KB, I just can't keep up with these peecee young pups. BUT if you play it on PC with a gamepad it recognizes that and only ever matches you up with other gamepad people, which for me means I'm only ever playing vs PS4 and Xbone people, which means the game is fun for me.

Interestingly it's not supposed to match up mouse and keyboard people with gamepad people, i'm surprised to hear that's happening to folks, I don't think I've ever been matched up against another PC player (You can tell by the little icon next to them in the lobby)

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I feel like I've very most definitely been matched up against gamepad players on the reg based off killcams I've seen where the way their aiming tracks very differently from the twitch of a normal KBAM. I mean, it would explain the handful of players in matches I see getting miserable K/D (but at the same time I've also seen controller users definitely holding their own and I have mad respect for those dudes)

They definitely match pad with KBAM users in Co-op, not that it matters as much

BRIAN BLESSED on
    edited April 2020
    Man, the SKS came around at just the right time. A good, mobile Marksman Rifle at last, that rewards headshots but doesn’t punish body shots with a TTK so long that you get riddled with bullets between shots. It would be painful trying to use the EBR when people are running around with point-and-click one burst pistols.

Zoku Gojira on
  • MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular

Yeah that kind of thing happens all the time, like people are really not aware of how a good pair of headphones can let you know where someone is.

"I had ghost on!"

Funny your foot steps didn't sound any quieter...

I have a pair of 7.1 headphones that I got for $30 and I can pick up footsteps and gunshots that my friends on Xbox and PS4 don't hear. I am almost tempted to get something more expensive to make the sounds even more distinct for direction as I would have to assume a pair around $100 would be much better at doing it.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
    So I popped on last night to knock out the cosmetic daily which was 5 boneyard contracts figured it'd take me a couple solo games got it in one and also just figured "fuck it win the solo" and totally did! It was a culmination of a beneficial final circle (just to the left of the storage area ) so I was able to basically drop, run around do contracts grab my loadout and just wait for the final circle. Also helped that I was using an m4 with a silencer and riding the circle/cover. It really felt like everything I'd learned by playing came together.

pleasepaypreacher.net

Had a really embarrassing "last death" just a half hour ago. Was trying the knife out for the first time, snuck up on and swung at a guy. Guess I timed the swing wrong, because I went past him. Proceed to let the whole lobby see me miss 3 swings while crashing into the enemy, who was
    The only reason I even got MW was because of crossplay being the default, it's great for me. I'm pretty decent at CoD with a controller but I'm AWFUL at it with M+KB, I just can't keep up with these peecee young pups. BUT if you play it on PC with a gamepad it recognizes that and only ever matches you up with other gamepad people, which for me means I'm only ever playing vs PS4 and Xbone people, which means the game is fun for me.

Interestingly it's not supposed to match up mouse and keyboard people with gamepad people, i'm surprised to hear that's happening to folks, I don't think I've ever been matched up against another PC player (You can tell by the little icon next to them in the lobby)

6v6 TDM I almost never get KBAM. Domination, occasionally. Never play 10v10 because the maps are garbage, especially Bridge, so don't know there. Drop Zone was about 1/4 KBAM and 3/4 controller. I have been dropped into lobbies with as many as 50% KBAM. I almost always back out if I see one mouse, though. The occasional match I play against them is just not fun. I might win a match, but playing a round where you lose 80% of the gunfights with someone just because of their game equipment is frustrating.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    There are actually a bunch of pros that say using a controller with aim assist is actually a lot better at closer ranges. They say sniping is of course easier on kbam, but there are a bunch of streamers plowing people on controllers.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    There are actually a bunch of pros that say using a controller with aim assist is actually a lot better at closer ranges. They say sniping is of course easier on kbam, but there are a bunch of streamers plowing people on controllers.

I play with people who use controllers and they're able to keep up just fine.

Stabbity_Style.png
    Enigmedic wrote: »

I play with people who use controllers and they're able to keep up just fine.

In my experience with Warzone its more about being the person who sees the other person first than necessarily being the best at aiming. Like aim can't be denied, but like if you're hitting center mass on someone first you're going to win like 75% of those fights depending on weapon.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I play with KBAM and get matched with controller folk all the time. It’s def a little unfair, there are very good controller people but it’s def not the same. The issue is exasperated in HC.

Footsteps are the devil in this game though, you can hear them from so far away. The engineering is done so well you can tell exactly how far and within like a 5 degree angle their position.

I’ve been rocking the MP7 now in HC, getting lots of games where I end with 30 kills and had a few around 50.

The biggest issue is just seeing prone people, I just prefire common firing lanes now and it works really well.

I’m not sure if It’s because the graphics have improved it’s harder to see people, or just my eyes suck in old age.

6v6 TDM I almost never get KBAM. Domination, occasionally. Never play 10v10 because the maps are garbage, especially Bridge, so don't know there. Drop Zone was about 1/4 KBAM and 3/4 controller. I have been dropped into lobbies with as many as 50% KBAM. I almost always back out if I see one mouse, though. The occasional match I play against them is just not fun. I might win a match, but playing a round where you lose 80% of the gunfights with someone just because of their game equipment is frustrating.

10v10 is where I invariably see KBAM in the lobby. I’m sure it’s there in my preferred mode of Ground War, as well, but the game doesn’t straight-up show me, since it only displays my 3-4 man squad.

I’m not dissatisfied with the game, but there are a few things on my wishlist. I’m not interested in seeing IW disable SBMM, pair console KBAM players up exclusively with other KBAM players on PC or console (although IW was apparently fibbing when they said this would be the standard), or introduce map voting, map filters, or a server browser.

What I would like to see is:
    • Removal of medium-sized maps from “small map” playlists. It’s absurd what makes the cut at the moment.
    • Steady countdown to launching a match, without resetting timers as players join or drop.
    • Stop breaking up lobbies after a match. Players who felt like they got taken to the woodshed will go try their luck in matchmaking again, anyway. So there’s no reason to just kick everyone out.
    • Pausing of XP token timers when not in a match.
    • Balance tweaks to objective maps based on curb stomp W/L by starting position. Throwing out any reasonably close final scores.
    • Penalties for ragequits. This could be done invisibly, by putting quitters in a pool of players used to plug holes in teams that are losing a match and have depopulated by ragequits. Until they complete a couple of matches, they remain in this pool.

And surely destined to be the least popular of these, the option to disable the default crossplay in all modes. This is not the same game on these very different platforms. Those who dispute that should be prepared to refute the following points. If COD:MW launched with console FOV, resolution, and frame rate on PC, it would be derided as an unplayable garbage port. And if it launched on console with the hacking problems plaguing the PC version, it would be no less a scandal.

If they made disabling cross play an option, I would not have bought the game. Cross play is literally the only reason I even took a second look at the game.
    Really, the only thing on my wishlist would be to calm down the enemy spawns in co-op so that mode is playable, because I really want to play it more often but getting swarmed within seconds unless your Squad gets an average of 624 kills per second just isn't fun.

edited April 2020
    Damn it...
    Until today, I haven't had any noticable bugs or glitches.
    Today I got an error after completion of a ground war match that caused me to not get the BattlePass level 51 blueprint and an emblem.
    Then, just now I got DCd from Blizzard servers right as I was calling in a VTOL in Ground war after getting an 8x kill from sneaking in the back of a building.

monkeykins on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    I am so glad they added in a "clear weapon new" button for the edit loadout screen. That really sucked trying to find the new unlock so I could clear it out.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    I am so glad they added in a "clear weapon new" button for the edit loadout screen. That really sucked trying to find the new unlock so I could clear it out.

It's amazing how annoying a little green dot is.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    [*] Balance tweaks to objective maps based on curb stomp W/L by starting position. Throwing out any reasonably close final scores.
    The only point on your list that I don't fully agree with is the one I don't understand. Could you clarify?

If I could add something it would be that objectives based game modes like Domination should generate more points for holding a point. As it is we seem to earn more points by just 'capture then release so we can recapture' instead of trying to prevent the enemy from retaking what we've captured. And I'm not talking about giving even more points for killing enemies on point.
    The top score earners shouldn't be the players with 10+ captures. (Or 0 captures but x2 kills than anyone else.)
    In my opinion.

But points don't mean anything, do they?

Played with my brother last night, who loves the whole CoD franchise but bless his heart just tries hims best. Only plays Domination, with an AK, and comically mismatched attachments and perks for his playstyle (point crosshairs toward objective, sprint until you get there or see enemy. Repeat.) Gave Kill confirmed a shot. Got matched against 4 KBAM players with similar names and matching clan tags. Tried to get him to back out, but the map launched.

I went 36 & 8, with over 30 tags and denies. Next match, at Ramaza, I was just joyriding around the map when I came to the back alley between the gun shop and ruins, and there were 4 of each team's tags sitting there with no one in sight. Asked "what happened here!" And about 3 people on my team just started laughing on comms. Bro said "There was a firefight!"

edited April 2020
    But points don't mean anything, do they?
    Score points are next to worthless (AFAIK) . . . except for the eP factor of placement in the 'Who Was The Better" list post match.
    But I just like the idea of points pointing newcomers in the direction of playing the objective/your role.
    For anyone who isn't new to the game (mode) the only points that matter are weapons xp (if you haven't unlocked your preferred attachments/perks) or battle pass advancement (if you care about cosmetics and schematics), in my experience. In other words, more of 'play how you want to play, not by what rewards you'. Which I'm not oppose, for veterans and anyone who just want to do their thing.
    But I would like to reward 'playing the objective' in objectives based game modes. Even if it just means putting someone a little higher on a list that lasts four seconds.

Commodore75 on
    I just remembered was just reminded of the thing that annoys me the most:
    At the end of objectives based game modes the kill cam that is shown is . . . final kill (?!?)
    I realize that what annoys me are the things that . . . "do not matter".
    But I just can not stand how objectives based game modes show of irrelevant kills/scores.

I'm also the person who is annoyed that MMO:s don't punish players who don't play their role / aren't nice to newcomers, so . . . maybe put me on ignore.