As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] Alliance vs Dragon Trials

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    That reminds me, I beat the solo Alphonse thing first try this time. lol... I remember that being one of those "Well this is a thing I'll literally never be able to do" last time around. Veronica kicked my ass but that's mostly cuz my light team just sucks. I need to figure out wtf is up with them.... (also WTB light element Lowan plz... I feel like Hildegarde just sucks even tho she was considered the best healer for so long...)

Edit: Oh they really did remove co-op.. That's super dumb.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Removed co-op and also disabled auto so this seems like a pain in the ass to farm.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Madican wrote: »
    Removed co-op and also disabled auto so this seems like a pain in the ass to farm.

So dumb. I don't know why they did this :/ I went back on Lunatic and managed to beat it again, this time summoning the Shadow Knight (they definitely nerfed the reqs for this - it seems like it only needs you to save all the houses now? Maybe also a time limit... I dunno) so I got that taken care of. Didn't realize Lunatic gave the big badges - I guess back then Lunatic was the pipiest of pipe dreams for me (I could barely do hard and even then I'm sure I was just carried by my co-op peeps). I guess I'll have to farm it more then, tho IIRC they start giving the big badges out a lot more later on in the event (at least last time I remember that being the case cuz I was able to actually get them after more "stuff" opened up mid-way through)

Wonder when the "new" Fire Emblem banner is gonna drop - I guess maybe directly after this event? (I totally don't remember if the video gave a date but it seemed like "event part 2" would drop after this one?).. I have so much saved up for it since I have no reason to summon on this banner (got all my stuff on the OG run of it) My fingers are crossed for Tiki - it seems a little bit criminal to not have a dragon character in a game about dragons :3 Tho I imagine the best way to do her would be to make her like Mym where she is an Adventurer but she always transforms into the same dragon. I kinda suspect we might get Eir or Peony this time around since Fjorm was in the original batch (but then Fjorm is still way more popular of a FEH OC). Some Three Houses representation might be neat too (sort of a "then vs now" anniversary thing, with Marth/maybe Tiki being OG Fire Emblem and say, Byleth for new Fire Emblem?) :P Edit: Or they could just do Ike, who is like the most popular Fire Emblem character ever (Ike and Lyn :P CYL round 1 winnahs... especially if those rumors of a Path of Radiance remake are true :P)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I cast aside my financial security, Dragalia! In the sense that I spent every bit of wyrmite I had left, but it paid off! I got Veronica, though before her I got FOUR GODSFORSAKEN MARTHS. WHY.

Could have at least made one of them a Fjorm but whatever, got the Wand I wanted and I don't care who the new units are.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i have 6k wrymite left after using another 7200 just to get a duplicate heinwald so... I think... I'm gonna be done until part 2 gets revealed.

every time i forget that gatcha is a harsh jailer this happens

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    So I'm new to this event.. what should be I running to get Valor? To get all the rewards it looks like I need... 10 million? That seems insane; most of these events only go to 1 million.
    Please don't say it's the defense mini-game. I beat each difficulty but holy smokes was it painful without auto and the mini-map not showing enemies (on lunatic).

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Piping in my agreement than Lunatic Defense might be the dumbest idea theyve had since having Prints in the gacha. No way Im stressing over beating that this time.

Up to 24 10pulls and 30 tickets for part two of this event. Already lucked into all three units last year. Heres hoping for FByleth and Edelgard. Lucina or Lyn are acceptable....I guess

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    So I'm new to this event.. what should be I running to get Valor? To get all the rewards it looks like I need... 10 million? That seems insane; most of these events only go to 1 million.
    Please don't say it's the defense mini-game. I beat each difficulty but holy smokes was it painful without auto and the mini-map not showing enemies (on lunatic).

On wave 2, kill the bandit at the lower right house and then step in the blue circle. Then you’ll get enemies on the map again.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Very glad that I can 100% ignore the banner

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I tried a couple pulls for an off chance at Fjorm who I missed last time. Got Cerberus #9 or so. Nevermind then!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    oof i lied. i tried again on that banner and got to 7% pity before breaking it with a nidhogg. now I am completely broke for the next few banners heh. yay fire emblem

the one upside is i finally got emma, like the one 4* that has been eluding me since i started

• Options
    Emma is great. I'm glad I finally got her a while back.

Also been having fun with GMym lately. The new manticore is designed for her.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Oh hey first Gala Dragon.

... it does WHAT?

Jesus the power creep on Mars is insane.

• Options
    It took me a lot of pulls but I got Mars. Still have quite a bit of wyrmite and tickets and crap leftover for the Fire Emblem part 2 banner so hopefully it's enough to pull everyone :3 (if it's not that's a banner I would actually be willing to spend money on, but I hope I don't have to :P)

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Threw all my vouchers at the banner (so about 70 summons). Ended up pulling Grace and GRanzal (the last gala character I didn't have), along with a few dupes, but no Mars. I don't really feel any compulsion to pull for him, though. Maybe I'll burn some wyrmite for him if the FEH part 2 banner doesn't look appealing.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    In 21 singles tickets I pulled 5 fire dragons.

Apollo 1
    Cerberus 1
    Mars 1
    Kagatsuchi mub
    Mars 2

I guess I should stop and save my wyrmite for the next banner

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    got a single Mars and a Pazuzu in 50 pulls

Sheesh

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i dropped 200 pulls for Mars but got nothing, saving the other half of the stash for the new Fire Emblem banner(s) ?
    if i continue playing... i've definitely burnt out on whatever the game is doing these days. it feels very chore-like.

possibly i'm done with the entire mobile f2p mindset in game design.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    So I'm almost at the Rupie cap, what can I do to spend money and fast so I don't hit it and start literally throwing money away?

• Options
    I don't... I don't understand.

Are you just completely done crafting weapons?

A tier 2 chimeritech is 2.9million and we just got the wind versions.

I only have enough money for my next craft perpetually

• Options
    it's a valid question, as a day one player i'm at ~94m in savings right now.

you could move augments around if you have any you've spent weirdly?
    you can beat some endgame content and craft more weapons, chimeratech might be a decent money sink.

• Options
    There are a lot of easy ways to grind money and not a ton of them to spend it once you've gotten all the weapons you need. Chimeratech weapons are a great way to drop coin quickly, but that ends eventually and can get boring.

• Options
    I've only built two Chimeratech weapons of each element: one for the DPS character I take into co-op and a staff for invariably when I need to switch to a healer cause everyone in the lobby is DPS. I did forget to make the wind staff, though, so making it was a good enough chunk of money to stave off the cap for a few days.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Ugg why do people continue to be so bad at standard Volk? It's the easiest fight...

Likewise, why do I continue to be so bad at high Zodiark? :/ That fight honestly baffles me, still... I cleared it once, by some miracle (and clearly with a carry). *sigh* Poor Alfonse is gonna have to wait awhile to get his 5 shadow orbs :/ I guess I will stick to expert HMS, the fight I can do in my sleep... Now that it gives horns I can actually craft the HD2 wind weapons which is coo. I already have a maxed sword. Not that it helps me not suck at High Mercury...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/5YbkxHVUmB4

Wow, I totally called two out of the three on this (I didn't predict Chrom but he's a good choice)

• Options
    I'm surprised they didn't go for Lucina or Camilla to tempt people more.

• Options
    There's about half a dozen people I would have put over Fairy girl or Chrom. Lucina, FByleth, Edelgard, Camilla, Lyn, Hector..etc etc etc.

• Options
    God damn it chrom is a fire sword yyyyy

• Options
    God damn it chrom is a fire sword yyyyy

Lea spiral when?

Also Tiki the water dagger. We just got a water dagger.

• Options
    i wanted lucina but will settle for chrom. who the heck is peony?

also of note in the update: they buffed 4* Celliera's Winter's Blade from freezing enemies to freezing the game.
    finally, the level of power she deserves!

• Options
    Peony is an FE: Heroes original character that's the focus of the current storyline, similar to Fjorm (only Fjorm wasn't the current storyline focus when the last FEH event happened). Last time they had three FEH characters, this time they have two.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Time for my weekly “Kai Yen groups suck” rant. Ive successfully done this enough to make exactly 2 swords for Alex, would love to make a third but I still cannot find a group to pass Phase 1 for the life of me

Thats assuming I cant GET a group now, a lot of 10k mighters just dropping group because I guess my 8500 Delphi or 8k Alex with the correct prints isnt good enough for them

Fuck endgame so much in this game. :/

Edit: Like can there be a giant sign that posts saying “Ive cleared this X times I know wtf Im doing”

Reigner on
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Set your epithet to Lightning Shroud Shredder.

• Options
    What, and not be Heinwald's Assistant anymore? I think not.

• Options
    new Agito is actually really fun.
    haven't tried Expert yet, but the mechanics for standard are a blast.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Expert is tough. There's a lot of unskippable damage attacks and some volcano-ish mechanics.

Don't forget the altar level cap has been increased. They take a ton of the rainbow and top level orbs.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Yeah I had a blast on standard but haven't tried expert yet.

Did some more this morning and honestly standard is too easy.

Otoh my expert groups keep dying in the same spot between crystal arrows and the spin aoe in p1

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Those free summons gave me Mars. Sometimes I get the itch to start playing again but I just don't think I have the time to devote to it.

• Options
    I went in a bit for Mars, got the pity rate to 9.5% before it broke with Luca. Welp!

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Oof the prices on the 36-40 upgrades for the elemental shrines are rough. 2/4/6/8/10 of the new tier orbs plus a shit load of rainbows each.

ManetherenWolf on
This discussion has been closed.