As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Eldritch Horror PbP - Game Over - Yog-Sothoth Victory] Travel the world, go insane.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Detained sucks though. Thinking about using a clue.

Edit: ...but I'd only have a 33% chance of success. Barf. Thoughts?

You're spending a clue to gain a clue though, so you have 1/3 chance of being even and 2/3 of losing the clue. Is a turn worth more than 2/3 of a clue?

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Probably not, unless the Bad Things of Detained is Dark Pact. :lol:

I'll stick with being Detained.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Geth roll 3d6t5 for Find The Ship

E: Ship located, spend 2 clues to put an end to it.

Find The Ship:
    3d6t5 1 [3d6t5=4, 6, 3]

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Alright, end of encounters.

@jdarksun is detained while poking around the Silver Twilight Lodge.
    79043c09mkpm.png

@Phyphor hangs out with a lizard man, testing Norman's sanity somewhat but being otherwise insightful (current sanity = 4)

@Daemonis assists the Syndicate, and makes an appeal to the council.
    2gn9hvb7zrjt.png
    With only one clue, the appeal falls on deaf ears.

@Auralynx finds the strange white boat, and pays the toll. The rumor is solved, and the threat of immediate reality collapse is no longer present.

Then the Mythos Phase. Global warming rears its ugly head.
    0u7nyfslob6c.png

The omen advances to red, causing doom to advance by one due to the gate in Arkham.
    The reckoning is uneventful, with only the raving conspiracy theorist friend of Auralynx possibly doing anything.
    A gate spawns in Shanghai, accompanied by another Cultist.

And then the heat wave. Each investigator loses 3 health or becomes delayed. Your choice.

Current board:
    ei6qh2ezcqrm.jpg

Ancient One:
    ve9loi4bhanb.jpg

Doom: 13
    Mythos Cards Remaining: 13

jdarksun:
    xcbvcbraezk7.jpg

Phyphor:
    rw6dh2c6u3un.jpg

Daemonis:
    3qvx271gsgjd.jpg

Auralynx:
    miowi89w7wls.jpg

Auralynx to roll for the Conspiracy Theorist, and everyone to decide between heat-stroke or napping.
    Either way, feel free to start taking your actions if you choose not to nap.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    I'll take the health damage (-3 health).

Geth, roll 3d6t5 for testing Influence

testing Influence:
    3d6t5 1 [3d6t5=4, 5, 4]

• Options
    DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Take a hit
    1. Get a boat ticket
    2. Move to Himalayas

Clue encounter

• Options
    @jdarksun I think you get your second action now, as you've broken out of jail and discarded the restriction.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Geth roll 1d6t4 for Conspiracy!

Take heat stroke (ouch)
    1. Move to Sydney
    2. Attempt to Acquire Assets
    3. Have encounter?

(1a: regret taking a train ticket and not a boat one)

Geth roll 2d6t5 for Acquire Assets

Conspiracy!:
    1d6t4 1 [1d6t4=4]
    Acquire Assets:
    2d6t5 0 [2d6t5=4, 1]

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    I guess I'll Acquire Assets?

Geth, roll 3d6t5 for Acquire Assets

Acquire Assets:
    3d6t5 1 [3d6t5=4, 3, 5]

• Options
    @jdarksun procures the services of the Cat Burglar, who is replaced by a Private Investigator hot on the trail.

• Options
    Oh, on a miss I can discard something from the market, right? Figured we needed some new cards there. Once we hear from Phyphor I'll pick a thing. It'll probably be the Witch Doctor since I can pull him back with my card power.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    I think I will take the health damage
    1. rest to heal
    2. try to bless myself
    Geth roll 3d6t5 for Isis' blessing

Isis' blessing:
    3d6t5 0 [3d6t5=4, 2, 2]

• Options
    Ok, it's the witch doctor getting trashed, then.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Everyone loses 3 health, and Phyphor heals. @jdarksun and @Daemonis are at 4 health, @Phyphor and @Auralynx at 3.
    Attempting to bless himself, Norman gets a little confused and just can't remember what to say.
    k5og79luidxu.png
    No repercussions for his lapse however.

Leo attempts to purchase things, but is a little short on funds right now after going sailing. The Witch Doctor is moved to the discard, and replaced with a Lantern. A pretty handy item in a pinch.

Encounters:

@jdarksun A second attempt at the clue I assume. It's that Dark Pact you've been looking for!
    1is645nfv0yn.png

@Phyphor to dig through a necromancer's notes
    r5rpus7m6rmm.png

@Daemonis to check out a weird altar in the hills(?) of the Himalayas
    66oegvu3dse9.png
    As Trish knows no spells, this is a free-be. Gain the clue with no ill effects.

@Auralynx hanging out in Sydney has a dream of basically just hanging out in Australia.
    flztol1vaazm.png

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Geth roll 3d6t5 for Visions of Australia

E: Not enough downside to that to use clues.

Visions of Australia:
    3d6t5 0 [3d6t5=4, 3, 1]

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Geth roll 2d6t5 for necromancy

necromancy:
    2d6t5 0 [2d6t5=1, 2]

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Failures coming thick and fast today.

@jdarksun signs a dark pact, and gains the clue and the legendary Necronomicon

@Phyphor and @Auralynx are frightened by a ghost and Australia respectively.

And then the Mythos phase.

ub2rl6rd2jmq.png

Clues spawn in the Arctic and on the way to the Antarctic respectively (spaces 13 and 12).
    A bunch of star gazers move into Panama, find them with Observation and then spend 2 clues to sic the cops on them and kick them out.

A pretty clean Mythos phase so far, although it has drawn it to my attention that the scripting might not have shuffled the Mythos decks after building them. I have recitifed that.

Current board:
    y2xlfmof8g27.jpg

Current Ancient One:
    9mqe0xgianbs.jpg

@jdarksun
    vieqe1gjfm3b.jpg

@Phyphor
    13gnaueqh877.jpg

@Daemonis
    3kadjwdkgh94.jpg

@Auralynx
    s3lccbdghsoj.jpg

Action time! Also I accidentally quit TTS halfway through doing this update, so there might be some mistakes. If you see anything, let me know please.

Chrysis on
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm out of the house some today. I assume I should try to address the gates if feasible?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I'm out of the house some today. I assume I should try to address the gates if feasible?
    Go to Shanghai and I'll take Tokyo

• Options
    Sounds fine.
    1. Acquire ship ticket.
    2. Take ship to Shanghai.
    3. Beat up cultist with assist from Hired Muscle.
    4. Encounter Gate?

Geth roll 4d6t5 for Clobbering Time.

Clobbering Time:
    4d6t5 3 [4d6t5=6, 2, 5, 5]

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Wait, I've already got two clues. I'll go try and take care of Panama.

Actions:
    1. Travel to San Francisco, spend boat ticket to travel to space 7/ Panama.
    2. Acquire Assets

Geth, roll 3d6t5 for Influence test

Influence test:
    3d6t5 3 [3d6t5=5, 5, 5]

• Options
    I was gonna grab the Lantern but with 3 I guess I could get the PI instead. Can you have more than one Ally?

• Options
    Doesn't appear to be a limit, so I'll pick up the Private Investigator unless someone else wants them.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Doesn't appear to be a limit, so I'll pick up the Private Investigator unless someone else wants them.

Take him while you have the roll to take him, imo.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Okay with jdark going to panama I can probably repeat my previous turn
    1. Rest
    2. Bless myself
    Geth roll 3d6t5

3d6t5 1 [3d6t5=2, 4, 5]

• Options
    Probably discard that spell? What does everyone think

• Options
    Good idea.

• Options
    Okay yeah dump that spell then, take sanity damage to keep my clue. Buenos Aires event

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Okay yeah dump that spell then, take sanity damage to keep my clue. Buenos Aires event
    Next turn, wanna meet up and I can hand off some spells?

jdarksun on
  • Options
    Sure, we are just one space off

• Options
    Are we talking two cars pulling up alongside one another, in the light of the only streetlamp in a rainy alley, or what, here?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    1. Move to Tokyo using ship ticket
    2. Aquire asset - Geth roll 4d6t5

Gate encounter

• Options
    Geth roll 4d6t5

4d6t5 3 [4d6t5=6, 1, 6, 6]

• Options
    Actually, what do I have available to pick?

• Options
    I'll update the market with jdarksuns purchase, but apart from the PI the second post is up to date.

• Options
    OK, jdarksun picks up the PI which is replaced by a .18 Derringer.

@Phyphor rests, then blesses, which costs one sanity bringing him to 4/4. Discarding the spell takes him to 4/3 with the first token on the mystery.

@Daemonis chooses between .18 Derringer, Lantern, Private Care, and Police Assistance

@Auralynx travels to Shanghai, where it is then encounters time. I'll roll them up now, and Daemonis can choose the item and resolve the encounter in the same post. A little bit of extra info for the choice, but *shrug*.

@jdarksun to dob some nerds in to the cops.
    enfm4i9y0r05.png

@Phyphor to try not to break stuff in the museum.
    tu4nmm1ucspf.png

@Daemonis to use art skills to enter a library. This is our first two part Encounter. If you pass the first part in the top third, you resolve the 2nd third. Otherwise the last third. I've annotated it this time.
    dohirjo9y7tq.png

@Auralynx beats a cultist up with his friends, and steals his lunch money at the cost of one sanity. In this case the Conjuration spell.
    Then Leo dives through the gate to Lost Carcosa, where he practises his acting skills in a foreign language.
    ibsmpyl5vevo.png