As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Going out with potty-trained toddler

RichyRichy Registered User regular
Hi everyone,

So, Mini-Me is slowly but surely getting potty-trained. Which is great! Amazing to see. I could write a separate thread about her adorable pooping habits, if anyone wants.

But my question is... how do we go out with her now? Before she was potty-trained it was easy, we only needed to keep a stockpile of spare diapers and wipes, and run for the nearest bathroom to clean her up whenever she did her business. But now she wants to use a potty. Restaurants and malls don't have potties in their washrooms like they do change tables, she's too small to use a regular toilet, and we can't walk around with her potty like we could a half-dozen spare diapers. Moreover with a full diaper it was ok if it took us a few minutes to reach the nearest bathroom, but with a toddler ready to poop and asking for the potty time is more of the essence.

So, P-A Parents, how did you deal with that? What are good strategies for us here?

sig.gif

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Folding Travel Portable Potty Seat for Toddlers and Kids, Fits Most Toilets, No Falling in, 4 Non Slip Silicone Pads, Upgrade Potty Training Toilet Seat Includes Free Travel Bag - Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081YZNGD3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pSxPEbWFCEQC9

That’s what we kept in the diaper bag for a while along with toddler pull ups and a couple spare changes of clothes.

Good luck out there!

• Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    When my child was at that stage I just held her on the toilet so she didn't fall in.

Also if we were going anywhere where it could be an issue if she had "an accident" (like a restaurant or the subway) we put her in pull-ups. It didn't cause regression.

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    We had something like this sort of potty seat but otherwise it was much the same.

Also, what the heck is this that Amazon is showing me? (I mean, I can tell what it is, but somehow that's not the question that comes to mind first)

(edit: on reflection, spoilered, just to be on the safe side, though it _is_ just an Amazon product image)
    611h%2BqF9RtL._SX679_.jpg

djmitchella on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    The folding toilet seats are ok. Our boys didn't like using that so if we brought a seat we usually just brought one if the lower profile real seats. IKEA has a great plastic one that was cheap.
    Honestly though it's probably best to get them used to using the big seat.it will easier in the long run

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    We just used the regular toilets available and stand in the stall with them so they don't fall in.

Make a practice of having them use the bathroom before leaving home, it makes life a lot easier.

mRahmani on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    We use this at home for our little person, and it's relatively portable in a plastic bag, or possibly a fabric tote.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/tossig-toilet-seat-white-green-10272788/

That folding one upthread looks a little more easily portable though.

:so_raven: