As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    You can get tufts in all sorts of colours to fit whatever look you want. I use v simple black and white basing for my Nighthaunt (basically grey contrast paint and job done) for a night/land drained of life look and there are some nice black and white tufts to go with that.

nTaKsEo.jpg?1

What other colors did you use? Both for the hoods and their green?

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Grey Seer base, Contrast Leviadon Blue for the hoods, Nihalakh Oxide for the spoopy bits.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Those are some spooky Skeletor ghosts, I tell you what.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So I got lady olynder
    I did get it with the box and instructions! but part of me kind of doubts all there is to it is three sprues
    3brxhse00mfc.png
    I am scared to put it together as it looks very flimsy and I have huge problems trying to put away Yncarne and Khinerai

• Options
    The Nighthaunt is what got me into magnetised storage rather than foam boxes for that reason. It’s also much more space efficient.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    The Nighthaunt is what got me into magnetised storage rather than foam boxes for that reason. It’s also much more space efficient.

I just like the foam box more as I can keep it dust free compared to the magnets and tray style
    But then I just keep the Yncarne in a box and the khinerai in a bag [unpainted so far} I do need to fix my storage issue as when I get into my swarm of termagants and hormogaunts they can no longer live in the card box and bag like they do now
    Way back in 2000ish I really thought about getting sheets of styrene to build a ship to store my armies as I thought it would be a neat thing to have on display or such
    I figured out big it would be back then but it was getting the sheets and trying to do that level of detail that discouraged me
    Now you can 3D print it so justifying the cost of getting to do a eldar ship is now the debate
    v6j133r2q22f.png

• Options
    You can do magnet storage that’s still got a lid to keep the dust off.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    chosenofsotekchosenofsotek Registered User regular
    So I haven't really played since 6th edition and I just bought the Seraphon start collecting box. I know GW just released a new book for the Seraphon, but I haven't been able to get my hands on it yet (or any AoS rulebook actually). How are my Lizzies looking these days?

• Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    You can do magnet storage that’s still got a lid to keep the dust off.

I have stacks of baking trays with tops, all filled with Spear Skeletons and Grimghast Reapers lol

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    So I haven't really played since 6th edition and I just bought the Seraphon start collecting box. I know GW just released a new book for the Seraphon, but I haven't been able to get my hands on it yet (or any AoS rulebook actually). How are my Lizzies looking these days?

The new Seraphon book is really good from both a competitive and casual viewpoint I think, lots of varied options that are fun to play with and against, you can run skinks, you can run Saurus, you can run monster mash, with the right support options most everything is viable. There's a leeetle bit of that classic GW jank, but nothing too egregious.

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Seraphon are in a very good place it's true. Saurus still new models though (Kroxigar too).

Their monsters are great looking however.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Today's rumour engine looks suspiciously like a ghoul with a sword. Maybe they'll get a bit more visually fleshed out.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Mm, perhaps a FEC warcry band, given they already have an underworlds squad.
    Certainly looks like death something at least.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    We've been getting a bunch of different rumour engines that are weapons recently. I think it's going to be a new Warhammer Quest, possibly with "evil" heroes.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Norgoth wrote: »
    We've been getting a bunch of different rumour engines that are weapons recently. I think it's going to be a new Warhammer Quest, possibly with "evil" heroes.

You had my curiosity, now you have my attention.

• Options
    That would be interesting still it is kind of sad Blackstone is over for now

• Options
    I mean Blackstone fortress went on way longer than the game it followed so they clearly saw it as some sort of success.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    This guy has been sitting at my LGS since I got back into the hobby a couple years ago.

Dropped in for some Gorthor brown paint and grabbed him as a complete impulse buy since I haven't really shopped much since the whole covid thing began.

vysvorzqldy4.jpg

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    You can never go wrong with SLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I recently painted him and he's cool, not too complicated either. It's too bad he's resin though.

• Options
    Eltharion looks far more fragile than I thought
    kvdwed4xtfce.png

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    It's the new GW way! Forget breaking models in transport, now you can shatter them just by picking them up wrong!

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    I feel it's more of my brother's argument of now they want you to display them not to leave them in the case

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    The Sons of Behemat look interesting to me, but I was hoping they'd go in more of a Skytitan direction

I guess I can still hope for some of that in the future.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    What size bases do objective markers usually go on? When I bought the Skaven bits to make acolytes the person sent 3 Skaven theme markers that look like tesla towers but I'm not sure on base size.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    What size bases do objective markers usually go on? When I bought the Skaven bits to make acolytes the person sent 3 Skaven theme markers that look like tesla towers but I'm not sure on base size.

You measure from the center of the objective, so it doesn't really matter.

• Options
    There's no base size for objectives, or indeed any size at all, you only measure from the centre point in all instances so it doesn't matter. Personally I like 40s for visibility, but any size will do just fine.

• Options
    Looks like there are potentially more models for the Lumineth range being kept a little secret, or at the very least none of these endless spells have shown up in prior images: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/11/endless-spells-to-keep-you-groundedgw-homepage-post-2/

The article is a little weird though, some of the previewed rules don't mean anything at all without knowing what's on the rest of the warscroll.

• Options
    It's also more info that only mentions connections to the mountain/earth aspect of the lumineth. We still have nothing for the other three aspects.

• Options
    Looks like there are potentially more models for the Lumineth range being kept a little secret, or at the very least none of these endless spells have shown up in prior images: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/11/endless-spells-to-keep-you-groundedgw-homepage-post-2/

The article is a little weird though, some of the previewed rules don't mean anything at all without knowing what's on the rest of the warscroll.

Yeah the second one was odd.

It charges up based on spells cast!

No word on what those charges do.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    You misread, it charges you per spell cast. 5 dollars. Your credit card goes in the bottom.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Did some army swapping with a buddy and I now possess around 750pts of Orruks

I'm unreasonably excited to play these angry green gits.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    They showed off the updated generic high elves [spearmen and archers} then out of left field the hammer elves and mountain cow
    My brother is excited for the realm lords [His high elf army of old is basically going to get finished and fully retired} he is quite annoyed how coy and vague gw is being with the realm lords
    This is why I do plan on getting the realm lord deal when it comes out [even if he is meh about it he considers it a bonus to get the army book Eltharion and the dice}

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    The RPG, Soulbound, is for all intents and purposes released in preorder PDF form and it seems pretty good?

The Seraphon battletome changed the fluff enough that they needed to delay their archetypes to a future release so no playing a skink starpriest yet, unfortuantely.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I'd like to dig into Seraphon or Gloomspite Gitz but I already have so much stuff.

I'm flipping my Flesh eater Courts on facebook so I have room for troggoths and dinosaurs. It's always such a tough decision offloading an army.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    It is as there are armies you ended up with because they were in bundles or starter boxes [like the Ad mech in everything they did 2 years ago}
    As it is a debate can I trade/sell this for stuff I want in the future?

The End Times are in e book format
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/13/the-end-times-return-for-one-week-only/
    Epub3 sadly
    Still I did get the Khaine book because both my brother and I were very curious what happened to the various flavors of elves in the end time and why were Malekith or whatever his name is now with Teclis and Tyrion gods? and Morathi not? At the time all I had was the DoK book and finding out wtf happened in the end of Warhammer was a silly quest full of nothing for us

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    It is as there are armies you ended up with because they were in bundles or starter boxes [like the Ad mech in everything they did 2 years ago}

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/13/the-end-times-return-for-one-week-only/
    Epub3 sadly
    Still I did get the Khaine book because both my brother and I were very curious what happened to the various flavors of elves in the end time and why were Malekith or whatever his name is now with Teclis and Tyrion gods? and Morathi not? At the time all I had was the DoK book and finding out wtf happened in the end of Warhammer was a silly quest full of nothing for us

Why sadly epub3? If you desire a different format there's plenty of free converters out there (e.g., Calibre, although that's a bit overkill if you just want conversion).

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options

Epub3 sadly

Why sadly epub3? If you desire a different format there's plenty of free converters out there (e.g., Calibre, although that's a bit overkill if you just want conversion).

Because the things I have a computer with windows and a kindle and a phone with android don't use Epub3 it's of the ebook formats the one that gets lesser than lesser devices as time goes on
    I tired to figure out how to convert epub3 into something I can use and kept running into the same sites with confusing info as I kind of wanted to start getting the codexes and such on my kindle instead of the ever growing pile of books

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

Epub3 sadly

Because the things I have a computer with windows and a kindle and a phone with android don't use Epub3 it's of the ebook formats the one that gets lesser than lesser devices as time goes on
    I tired to figure out how to convert epub3 into something I can use and kept running into the same sites with confusing info as I kind of wanted to start getting the codexes and such on my kindle instead of the ever growing pile of books

All of those devices have SW that can read epub (except the Kindle).

Try Calibre for converting to mobi or azw (Kindle can read both; I've usually used mobi). Import the book to calibre, click the giant "convert books" button in the toolbar, select output format in top right-hand corner, and bob's your uncle. Then transfer the file via usb (you can also do this via calibre, even).

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Also I think you can just upload epub3 files to Google books to read on your phone.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    I'd like to dig into Seraphon or Gloomspite Gitz but I already have so much stuff.

I'm flipping my Flesh eater Courts on facebook so I have room for troggoths and dinosaurs. It's always such a tough decision offloading an army.

What is considered a reasonable price for stuff like this?

I’ve been looking around for deals on Warhammer Fantasy / Age of Sigmar models that I can use as mooks in D&D tabletop sessions.

For the most part, assembled and painted run $5-$30 a figure it seems, plus shipping.

So I may just end up getting some brand new ones to build and paint.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
This discussion has been closed.