As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    You recoup 2 gold when you sell them, for a net loss of 4 gold.

Math is hard............

But then yes CORRECTION it's worth 4 gold a turn, which is still a pretty incredible value.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I think there may be code in the game that decides my account, specifically, is never allowed to win a game against Highlander Hunter decks, specifically.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Running in to so many weird decks as I climb, but I'm up to gold 2 finally. Will hopefully make another push for something tonight, just not sure what. I don't really like the decks I've been trying to climb with. Been swapping between some form of aggro warrior (probably a bad list) and tempo demon hunter.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    It's just a never ending amount of bullshit when it comes to demon hunters isn't it? I've got a board with 3 minions on 4-5 health, on 18 health myself, he's got about 6 mana, and 2 cards.

Oh, now he's put down that legendary that damages everything when a card is played, oh look he's drawn 2 cards, oh look, he's casting cards that cost nothing, now I've lost my board and I'm on 13 health, and he's got a board of things. I clear, put something down, but that gets cleared and I'm hit for 6 health by a demon. Kill that, but lets be honest, as soon as you go below 10 health, you're just waiting for some nonsense to kill you in 1 turn despite nothing being on the board.

Repeat and repeat.

This isn't fun. Agro decks got punished if you over extended, and they certainly didn't hit you for a 10+ health from an open board.

Like, all the lessons that have been learnt in previous years, not introducing minions that can charge (but here's one that avoids taunts!), cheap mana cycling, minions that if not answered straight away mean you lose the game....this is all.../throws arms in air.

PSN Fleety2009
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    why does gul'dan have two skulls anyway

alt draenor gul'dan?

I'm thinking alt timeline Gul'dan and prime Gul'dan, yeah.

Fucking lol that they didn't put Skull in an aggro deck though, jesus christ.

I got the DH to no hand hooray! Top decks Skull. Gets Skull from Skull. GG.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I kept telling myself that I didn’t care about Legend. I’ve gotten Legend three times before, with three different classes. I’ve done it with a home brew deck. Sure, the changes to the ranking system made it easier to get Legend than ever before, and sure everyone on my friends lost was getting that orange gem, but I didn’t have anything to prove to anyone, I told myself.

Yeah, I’m a liar. I wanted it bad.

After bouncing between 5 and 2 all month, and refusing to play DH due to it being incredibly boring and linear and what everyone else was playing, I didn’t have high hopes entering today. But then I saw a reddit thread and my hopes came back. Shadowy hopes maybe, but that’s on brand. I gave it a whirl in casual, and immediately lost to a Priest. But then I beat a pair of Demon Hunters, so I figured why not? I took it to ladder. In fairness, I started off with Zoo at rank 3, having gotten to three via a Rogue deck. But from 3 and one star to Legend, I lost one game, to a Priest. Priests seem to be pretty good against this deck.

Final boss was a DK. He was dead on T6.

2x (1) Abusive Sergeant
    2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
    2x (1) Blazing Battlemage
    2x (1) Fiendish Servant
    2x (1) Flame Imp
    2x (1) Soulfire
    2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
    2x (1) Voidwalker
    2x (2) Bluegill Warrior
    2x (2) Expired Merchant
    2x (2) Imprisoned Scrap Imp
    1x (2) Kanrethad Ebonlocke
    2x (3) Magic Carpet
    1x (3) Wolfrider
    2x (4) Nightshade Matron
    2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan

AAECAaPDAwKhAta5Aw4w8gGIBeMFzgfCCLWfA/2kA/2nA/muA7C2A7W5A7a5A8e5AwA=

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    Brawl this week is make a deck from your collection, limited to only cards from every Adventure and Descent of Dragons cards (for whatever reason). Seems like Galakrond decks will prevail in this format. I ended up making Highlander Galakrond Dragon Priest with OG Reno. I kept Reno in my mulligan vs. a Mage, then beat him without even needing to play Reno. Oh well.

Got Antonidas in my Brawl pack!

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    VS #160 is up

Aggro DH remains at the top of T1 with virtually no poor matchups. In fact the nerf to Sac Pact has tilted the previously even Warlock matchup significantly in DH's favor in spite of the other DH nerfs. The DH matchup chart is a little less green and a little more gray than last time, but still pretty lopsided.

The other major players are Galakrond Rogue, any pile of Hunter cards, and the continually refined Enrage Warrior.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    the funny thing is even if they nerf current DH it has like 18 more absolutely fucking busted cards it can just pez dispenser right on in there

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Yes. Funny.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    iwtxbcflb1hr.png

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    I think there may be code in the game that decides my account, specifically, is never allowed to win a game against Highlander Hunter decks, specifically.

329brrl9i2rb.jpg

I don't know what it is about that deck, but every opponent I face playing it always has an awesome curve, draws the nuts, always has Zephrys, etc. and/or my deck gets sabotaged with a terrible opening hand that I never recover from as they tempo out perfectly.

There are interactions that go beyond coincidence. One example is if you have Vargoth out and your opponent has three minions on the board and you cast Penance, the second Penance will always hit your Vargoth.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Brawl this week is make a deck from your collection, limited to only cards from every Adventure and Descent of Dragons cards (for whatever reason). Seems like Galakrond decks will prevail in this format. I ended up making Highlander Galakrond Dragon Priest with OG Reno. I kept Reno in my mulligan vs. a Mage, then beat him without even needing to play Reno. Oh well.

Got Antonidas in my Brawl pack!

I played Pure Pally. Did okay in a couple matches, but loses hard to Gal Warlock.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I don't know if Apexis Smuggler is good in Wild Secret Mage or not, but I'm pretty sure I made some Res Priests and Jade Druids heads explode, so I like it.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    I had a mirror with someone playing it earlier. They got 3-4 spells out of them but I had Aluneth and that kind of laughs at the concept of card advantage.

Shadowhope wrote: »
    I don't know if Apexis Smuggler is good in Wild Secret Mage or not, but I'm pretty sure I made some Res Priests and Jade Druids heads explode, so I like it.
    It probably doesn't make the cut since Secret Mage's game plan is all about ridiculous, aggressive tempo. Smuggler is a good value card, but Secret Mage can't really make sacrifices for value cards in the long haul. And "random spell" in Wild is so all over the place it's not going to be very consistent.

If you have fun playing it in your deck, though, that's no reason not to enjoy it.

If you want some spice I can recommend Evocation. You'll often get a secret or two and a piece of burn if your hand is small.

• ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    So, ranked monthly rewards change sucks for whales. I got 1 new card, a bad epic I never bothered crafting. Where are my blingy golden card rewards?!

Rant aside, really happy with ending on 900 legend EU.

It's really funny seeing the VS Live popularity at D1 soar from 20% DH to 40% as the season approaches it close and people become more desperate.

Coldrazor wrote: »
    So, ranked monthly rewards change sucks for whales. I got 1 new card, a bad epic I never bothered crafting. Where are my blingy golden card rewards?!

Rant aside, really happy with ending on 900 legend EU.
    With the new dupe protection, you don't even have to be a whale for the 7 rares to quickly become 140 dust. 4 packs ain't too bad, though, and I did get my first Preparation as the 1 epic.

Also, in this particular case I did get a little lucky, as one of my rares was an Albatross, which still disenchants for full dust.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Been having a fair bit of success with the Enrage Warrior from VS. Had a few losses here and there just getting high-rolled out but I'm having a lot of fun piloting it with all the decisions it involves.

Up to Gold 5 now.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
    ranking up is harder this month

trying the standard broken aggro demon hunter list and running headfirst into a wall of warriors and priests

big druid might actually be the deck?? or box mage

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Love love love the new ranked system and think I'll have the time to finally break into Legend this summer.

On a side note, does anyone know anything about the Ashes of Outland Single Player stuff? I've saved 2100 gold for the adventure,but it's getting hard not just splurge on packs.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    AFAIK we don't know shit about the adventure yet.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    aggro DH is being targeted hard. Running highlander atm. 6-2

Way off of being refined but actually fun. It wins game because ppl waste stuff thinking you're aggro and then boom. midrange/value game.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Damn new Ranked Rewards are real good

Got a whole bunch of cards and 5 packs

Including Mogu Fleshshaper, which I had previously disenchanted for the dust refund (which is apparently seeing play again in Shaman decks, soooo???)

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    wait no it's bad.

no sense in playing this over highlander hunter/mage

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    Boo. Yesterday I was a handsome Sea Giant, today I am a stinky Chicken.

up to diamond 8 already

tempo warrior is snacking on all these demon hunters and rogues (hard mulling for battle rage vs anything remotely non-aggro is v important otherwise you just run out of cards and lose)

Playing Kael'thas Jade Druid for a change of pace. Games are actually pretty fast because a lot of decks concede when they realize they can't win, whether it's aggro staring down taunt walls or slow decks just not wanting to play it out.

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Is there some kind of Wild combo OTK burn deck with Stargazer Luna, Incanter's Flow, and stuff like that yet? I can kind of conceptualize one but I haven't seen anyone playing anything like that yet. Closest I've seen is Time Walk mage.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Here's the thing about a Wild deck that could run Incanter's Flow....it could already run that, it's called Sorcerer's Apprentice.

liEt3nH.png
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Is there some kind of Wild combo OTK burn deck with Stargazer Luna, Incanter's Flow, and stuff like that yet? I can kind of conceptualize one but I haven't seen anyone playing anything like that yet. Closest I've seen is Time Walk mage.

Time warp is your OTK deck. Often the quest isn't even required, but it makes the win conditions much easier to pull off. You might still run incanter's flow in it though. You often want to throw out an early apprentice to generate spells, but doing a kill without at least one apprentice is tricky

The only other combo deck I can think of is Malygos Druid. They're using Imprisoned Satyr to discount Aviana, play Aviana + Kun + Yriel + Malygos and then double Swipe + UI + Living Roots the face.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    dane had some videos up of a spell/malygos sort of druid that seemed interesting, though I don't think he was using the satyr

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Salem's OTK was amazing (jump to 2:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0stutkJmFrI

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Fucking Christ the Rogues I'm facing are highrolling like crazy lately. Just ridiculous, mindless, auto-winning horseshit.

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I'm having reasonable success on standard ladder with a highlander hunter deck j4ckiechan featured on his stream a couple of days ago. It's really flexible and can burn down most opponents surprisingly efficiently. It's pretty dust heavy (I used up all mine to craft some of the dragons I didn't have) but I'm really enjoying it. I'm doing pretty well with it against DH unless they get an absolute nut draw

### Highlander
    # Class: Hunter
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 1x (1) Blazing Battlemage
    # 1x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter
    # 1x (1) Tracking
    # 1x (2) Corrosive Breath
    # 1x (2) Faerie Dragon
    # 1x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
    # 1x (2) Imprisoned Felmaw
    # 1x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
    # 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
    # 1x (3) Animal Companion
    # 1x (3) Augmented Porcupine
    # 1x (3) Desert Spear
    # 1x (3) Diving Gryphon
    # 1x (3) Kill Command
    # 1x (3) Primordial Explorer
    # 1x (3) Scalerider
    # 1x (3) Stormhammer
    # 1x (3) Unleash the Hounds
    # 1x (3) Zixor, Apex Predator
    # 1x (4) Dragonbane
    # 1x (4) Evasive Feywing
    # 1x (4) Houndmaster
    # 1x (4) Mok'Nathal Lion
    # 1x (5) Big Ol' Whelp
    # 1x (5) Rotnest Drake
    # 1x (6) Dragonmaw Sky Stalker
    # 1x (6) Savannah Highmane
    # 1x (6) Veranus
    # 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
    # 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
    #
    AAECAR8eqAK1A+EE6weXCNsJ7QnHnQP8owPkpAOmpQOKrQOLrQOOrQP5rgP8rwP+rwOHsAPnsAP/sAOHsQORsQPYsgOvtwPOuAODuQOiuQP2ugP/ugPivgMAAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone