As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Don't let anyone within six feet of you(tube)

#pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odoursPope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
edited May 2020 in Social Entropy++
It's the YouTube thread folks. Post yer internet videos here and then talk about them
https://youtu.be/RZsU_dTT87Y
https://youtu.be/Z_Nwm7E_iuA
https://youtu.be/ze6dqtIsnjA

#pipe on

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'm having trouble pinning down what it is I'm not liking about the Mariners series, and I think it's just...trying too hard to sell me on the idea that the Mariners are the most fascinating team in sports, while also not backing it up? I think that if it didn't set out "the mariners are the most fascinating team in sports!" and keep mentioning how weird the Mariners are, it might be better? As is, I'm like, "oh yeah, this story is weird," and then they go, "wow....this sort of thing only happens to the Mariners....the team that destiny forgot........they exist in their own dimension outside wins and losses......." and I'm just like...yeah, okay I get it, guys.

Also...I dunno, a big chunk of this is, "they were historically good, and then they're historically bad/inept!" And I dunno, like...take the Marlins for example. They, as a franchise, have made the playoffs twice. Both times they won the World Series. After the first one, they had an insane fire sale and dumped every talented player they had. Their current playoff drought is only two seasons shorter than the Mariners, and they've had a player die midseason, followed by one of his best friends hitting an extremely out of character home run in the first at-bat after they started playing again, and then in recent years they had another huge fire sale, with at one of their castoffs immediately winning the MVP. Also the previous owner almost certainly did crimes to get the team a new stadium, where he installed a fuckin' aquarium on the fencing around the field, and put a fuck off huge lawn ornament beyond the center field fence that would fuckin' animate when someone hit a home run? And then the new ownership group had to petition the fucking government before they could remove it?

And that's just...one other team?

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    てねてね / 悒うつぼ 1:56
    https://youtu.be/Clq66AiEvSk
    悒うつぼ(ゆううつぼ)と申します。
    宜しくお願いします。

■てねてね

□映像 : 谷口 修 (@akisute0701)

□調整 : 諸石 政興 (@B_sabbath_B)
    (mastering)

□音楽 : 悒うつぼ (@uutubo)

DJ Eebs wrote: »
    I'm having trouble pinning down what it is I'm not liking about the Mariners series, and I think it's just...trying too hard to sell me on the idea that the Mariners are the most fascinating team in sports, while also not backing it up? I think that if it didn't set out "the mariners are the most fascinating team in sports!" and keep mentioning how weird the Mariners are, it might be better? As is, I'm like, "oh yeah, this story is weird," and then they go, "wow....this sort of thing only happens to the Mariners....the team that destiny forgot........they exist in their own dimension outside wins and losses......." and I'm just like...yeah, okay I get it, guys.

Also...I dunno, a big chunk of this is, "they were historically good, and then they're historically bad/inept!" And I dunno, like...take the Marlins for example. They, as a franchise, have made the playoffs twice. Both times they won the World Series. After the first one, they had an insane fire sale and dumped every talented player they had. Their current playoff drought is only two seasons shorter than the Mariners, and they've had a player die midseason, followed by one of his best friends hitting an extremely out of character home run in the first at-bat after they started playing again, and then in recent years they had another huge fire sale, with at one of their castoffs immediately winning the MVP. Also the previous owner almost certainly did crimes to get the team a new stadium, where he installed a fuckin' aquarium on the fencing around the field, and put a fuck off huge lawn ornament beyond the center field fence that would fuckin' animate when someone hit a home run? And then the new ownership group had to petition the fucking government before they could remove it?

Seattles really salty over the super sonics

icGJy2C.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGzA7wGnrCs

You should be listening to Rude Tales of Magic.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Oh are we talking about world famous Miami Marlins pitcher Ichiro Suzuki?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H80xg3aCx0A

sig.gif
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2020

What makes you say that? (Jump to 1:10 and stick around for the fun)

https://youtu.be/XigdA6kiLcE

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

The who?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

The who?

no the who is a band

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

What makes you say that? (Jump to 1:10 and stick around for the fun)

https://youtu.be/XigdA6kiLcE

Cheap Heat can be art.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Killing off
    L
    was a huge mistake to be honest imo, especially if you didn't have any decent replacement after

Peas on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/8pTLhim5c4g
    The most I have ever disagreed with a Trope Talk, specifically about Luke. Because as we all know, if you successfully pass an ethics check once, you automatically pass every future conflict with no problems whatsoever. A frightening prophecy? Sorry, I dealt with fear once, in my 20s. Nothing could ever cause me to make a bad choice ever again. :?

Also, Young Justice skipped a season or two to get to season 2. In that specific show, relationship drama was a core constant. Treating teenage relationships from season 1 as settled happy endings is laughable and baffling. Come ON, Red.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Also, don't use live traps at all. Most small rodents depend on a detailed mental map of their local area for food, shelter, and escape routes from predators. Dropping them off in a random location usually means a slow death from exposure and starvation if it doesn't result in an immediate YouTubeable death by predator.

If you're going to murder a small furry animal because it's crapping in your silverware drawer (and you should, let's be clear,) at least be up front and quick about it and invest in a quality snap trap.

Glue boards are right out.

One exception to this grim calculus is deer mice, but only because they're uncannily good at returning home. You can keep trapping and releasing them again and again, but the more often you do it the more likely it is that they're going to come home with hantavirus.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GwE0wwMmKE&feature=emb_title

A new, official performance of The Real Folk Blues with a whole bunch of folks contributing to it, and all proceeds from purchase of the song are going to the CDC Foundation and Doctors Without Borders.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/8pTLhim5c4g
    The most I have ever disagreed with a Trope Talk, specifically about Luke. Because as we all know, if you successfully pass an ethics check once, you automatically pass every future conflict with no problems whatsoever. A frightening prophecy? Sorry, I dealt with fear once, in my 20s. Nothing could ever cause me to make a bad choice ever again. :?

Also, Young Justice skipped a season or two to get to season 2. In that specific show, relationship drama was a core constant. Treating teenage relationships from season 1 as settled happy endings is laughable and baffling. Come ON, Red.

She's pointed out that her asexuality makes romantic plots harder for her to parse, so I can see why Standard Teenager Romantic Angst wouldn't play well with her. (Plus, she does have a point about romantic angst being used for cheap pathos.)

But yeah, she really screwed up on Luke. His breaking was very believable in my estimation, and it feels like her argument was coming more from a place of "my favorite can't end up broken" than an actual point of analysis. Honestly, she really underestimates how much damage something like Ben's fall would do to his family - one need only look at real world stories of families torn apart by one member falling down the rabbit hole of addiction to see what can happen.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Oh she's right in that teenage romantic angst as a genre can be intolerable and annoying. But being all surprised Pikachu about "that teenage couple broke up? But... they got together and seemed happy??" is just silly for a show about recognizing patterns in fiction.

In fact, one of the bits that worked really well for me on the timeskip was relating to Dick Grayson. At the end of season 1, he's dating Zatanna. By the time season 2 gets going, he's actually stopped dating her, dated a second teammate, stopped dating her, and started heading towards dating a third teammate. It's so amusingly appropriate for him, based on his history.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

A new, official performance of The Real Folk Blues with a whole bunch of folks contributing to it, and all proceeds from purchase of the song are going to the CDC Foundation and Doctors Without Borders.

Goddamn chills, wow.

Yoko Kanno just looks like she's such a badass.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh wait what I thought Yoko Kanno had died, I see she did not! I think I was confusing her with Origa, somehow.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    oh wait what I thought Yoko Kanno had died, I see she did not! I think I was confusing her with Origa, somehow.

The first ever music CDs I bought with my own money were the Macross Plus 1 and 2 disks. Her passing will be a very sad day for me, indeed.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular

Holy shit, this things got Branson Reese And Christopher Hastings in it? How have I not been listening to this already?

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    live right now: the Bon Appetite Variety Show!

https://youtu.be/FbJ84xWs8aw

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

Holy shit, this things got Branson Reese And Christopher Hastings in it? How have I not been listening to this already?

Yeah those names are why I checked it out too, it's pretty good!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    randomly sad again today that robbie rotten passed away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfYnvDL0Qcw

liEt3nH.png
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Goddamn chills, wow.

Yoko Kanno just looks like she's such a badass.

I saw a bit of one of the other collab videos they're doing, and it has all the assorted artists popping in on the edge of the screen playing and then her in the middle dancing in her bathtub.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    ... That's not a Bike lock...

THIS. IS A BIKE LOCK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixPFDFp8Cfo

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Warning: a little loud but great nonetheless

vEaRQgH.png
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    ... That's not a Bike lock...

THIS. IS A BIKE LOCK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixPFDFp8Cfo

Until his hand entered frame I was entirely misguided as to the scale of that lock.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Hell. They compared it to the NY fahgettaboudit lock, and that lock is one of the beefiest (and toughest) on the market.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
This discussion has been closed.