As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Assassin’s Swede

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Assassin’s Swede

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Jgr9Jgr9 Registered User regular
    Assassin's Creed: Number Grind

• Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    I take it Gabe won’t be attending any Midsommar festivals any time soon

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ubisoft really does have the worst variety of editions for their games. Made even worse when they have digital and physical special editions that at times madly don't overlap bonus.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SpinelesSSpinelesS Registered User regular
    There's a new Assassins creed already? The last one was very dull and I haven't finished it yet... Though based on the comic, Vikings might be a little interesting.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I loved Origins, but was super limp on Odyssey, like the ship traveling mechanic was like a worse version of the pirate ship from 4, and the protagonist was snooze after Bayek of Siwa.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    So Ubisoft has once again shown more of the freebies you get with the various special editions than actual gameplay footage.

I get you gotta get your preorders in Ubi, but can you not wait a few weeks until people can see the game in action? Everytime you do this, you just look more pathetically desparate.

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    "It comes with something for your children to throw away when you die" is the most powerfully accurate and complete description for so many freebies.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »
    "It comes with something for your children to throw away when you die" is the most powerfully accurate and complete description for so many freebies.
    Yeah, that cuts to the core right there.

sig.gif
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Joke's on them: my nephews get that job

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I'm at the point where I consider the physical disk itself to be a worthless freebie. I keep feeling surprised when I see posts complaining about how they're not going to get to play a game at launch day because the game is scarce, or their shipment was delayed. Why would you do that to yourselves?

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I loved Origins, but was super limp on Odyssey, like the ship traveling mechanic was like a worse version of the pirate ship from 4, and the protagonist was snooze after Bayek of Siwa.

By chance were you playing as the Male protagonist? Because Kassandra was waaaaaaaay better in Odyssey. It's a FemShep scenario, honestly. The dude is only ok. He's pretty bland and generic, just like ManShep. There's nothing about him that makes him pop and you get a very vanilla experience. Kassandra, on the other hand, is pretty amazing, and the voice actor who plays her really brings the character alive. She is a way more interesting protagonist to play as, just because the voice acting is so much more alive.

• Options
    FalhawkFalhawk Registered User regular
    Clever Tribes reference

Diamond sword ftw

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    While they are big Tribes fans (or at least Jerry is), the Blood Eagle is a form of execution from skaldic poetry, so it's probably just a coincidence.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Richter12x2Richter12x2 Registered User new member
    My version came with a Death Metal band. They've eaten all my salty snacks and beer and I can't get them to leave