As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Petition to change the thread title to Pokemon Stay (safe).
    Niantic has taken some steps to make playing from home possible and they are even introducing remote raids "soon"

https://nianticlabs.com/blog/stay-safe/
    Social: we’re enhancing our in-game virtual social features to enable players to stay in touch when they can’t meet in real life. You’ll soon be able to team up with friends and take on Raid Battles together in Pokémon GO from the comfort of home.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I'm so happy they added in the feature I had wanted (ability to see ongoing/upcoming events and also your catch/pokestops streaks). It'll make keeping on top of things so much easier. Also, pretty psyched about the remote play options. Hopefully those stick around in some capacity even after the global pandemic situation is better under control to help rural players/players without consistent transportation to pokestops/gym heavy areas.

• WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    This game has been my daily driver for so long, the thing that both me and my brother have been obsessed over that when we're suddenly not changing plans to get to a specific raid, or basing our entire day around the needs of the game (out of gifts, walk out some eggs etc.) it feels like... I don't really have a decent metaphor for it, it just feels weird as shit.
    It's even weirder because my job is Actually Essential Not BestBuy Essential so I'm still going to work every day, still walking through the park by the "office", but to stay at home for the weekend and not be planning my weekend around this game is giving me the same feeling I'm sure anyone who's been Working From Home feels.
    I'm super stoked to see that they've implemented these changes across their entire catalog of games, so even Ingress has been Opened Up so to speak, but the thing I think I'm gonna look into is how much the Non-Niantic games have changed. Jurassic Park Alive is the only one I still have installed and they've basically done nothing to the game whatsoever, so I'm curious to see if Walking Dead or Ghostbusters has done anything/ is still around.
    Oh and give me Long Distance trading already.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I have been in a holding pattern for poGo all winter and have been looking forward to spring and being able to get out for raid days etc again.

At least I live above a stop with a decent number of spawns, so I can get some minimal access even under quarantine

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    https://pokemongolive.com/post/gyminteractionupdate-20200331

They're doubling the gym interaction distance. Personally lets me reach a gym from my house, but I think it won't do much for most people. I think it'll still be effective for letting people do raids from their cars though.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    https://pokemongolive.com/post/gyminteractionupdate-20200331

They're doubling the gym interaction distance. Personally lets me reach a gym from my house, but I think it won't do much for most people. I think it'll still be effective for letting people do raids from their cars though.

Yeah, I'd rather have this than cancel five-star raids entirely.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    The gym range change means I can reach one from my place, so I should be able to stockpile plenty of items and gifts for a while.

My friend code is 3875 3200 2441 if anybody is looking for more friends or items! I added a lot of people from the thread a while back.

BTW there's a lot of ditto in the wild right now if anyone needs to catch one still for research.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2020

(ingame redeem doesn't seem to work on ios, you need to use the website in that case)

and here for easy copy/pasting:

EMRK2EZWLVSSZDC5

Grobian on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Related: this week’s bundle deal is 20 ultra balls and 15 (regular) pinaps for 1 coin. Not a huge surprise but still nice.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • AdventAdvent Registered User regular
    Ran into a requirement to nab a few friends. If it's not too much trouble, could you please lend a hand? Thanks!

7649 0618 2909

There's a community day box on sale in the shop, and among other things it contains an Elite Charged TM.

Anybody know how this differs from the regular charged TM item?

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2020
    Shimshai wrote: »
    There's a community day box on sale in the shop, and among other things it contains an Elite Charged TM.

Anybody know how this differs from the regular charged TM item?

It lets you choose the charge move from all options for this pokemon. This also includes legacy moves, like CD moves or Ex raid exclusives (you can now have a M2 with both Psystrike and Shadowball). It even includes super rare moves like Stone Edge for Blaziken (which was only available for like a day).

There are a handful of moves that aren't allowed, I think those are all moves that were changed in the first moveset change after launch and aren't available for the mon in the main series games.

Note that you will get an Elite TM for placing rank 7 or better after this Go Battle League season ends (next friday). They are pricing this thing very aggressively right now (around 1k coins, depending on how you value the other stuff in the box) so maybe hold off on buying, there will certainly be other avenues for obtaining it.

Grobian on
    Thanks for the in-depth write-up. I'm not really into competitive play so far so I won't be picking up the bundle.

The worst I have to put up with right now is still Blissey camping out in gyms.

steam_sig.png
    Argh triple dust community day and between lockdown and weather I couldn’t take advantage :x

steam_sig.png
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Argh triple dust community day and between lockdown and weather I couldn’t take advantage :x

it's a bit late now but they had increased the incense timer and spawn rate considerably (3 hr duration, and anecdotally I was seeing a new spawn every 10-15 seconds) so it was playable from indoors! I got 7 shinies just from incense spawns.

I just plain forgot about the Abra day. Whoops!

I did manage to snag a shiny Volbeat however. Nice to have a shiny version of something that will soon not be available to me anymore.

honestly my playtime on pogo has dropped off a ton since shelter in place started here. I mostly played on walks and breaks at work and I obviously don't go outside much now... so there are usually better things for me to do than sit for an hour and catch incense spawns :/. It sucks!

I did get a 96% shiny abra and a shiny sentret from...one of the events - maybe the tail end of the incense spawn type rotation day?

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Might as well drop my friend code in here, 5272 4226 4407

:so_raven:
  • WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    Corvus are you bummed that Corviknight isn't in the game yet? I'll add you just in case I ever end up at some bird sanctuary I can send you gifts!

Also! I wanted to talk about something I couldn't help but notice over the last few weeks. It seems like 90% of the local pokestops here in Suburban NJ are like...military related stuff. Is this a strictly american thing, cause it feels like SUPER MURICAH to me. There's a tiny ass nothing park 5 minutes from my house, but it's got twelve stops that are all different plaques to all the different war victims. Which is five minutes away from a TANK! We're not even close to a military base or anything, this is just what all the local towns around me do! One town over, they've got a HELICOPTER!

Since I made most of my friends international for that distance badge, I can't help but notice most of the stuff I get is perfectly normal places. Post Offices, sculptures, that sorta stuff. But I'm curious to know how widespread this is.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    WeX Majors wrote: »
    Corvus are you bummed that Corviknight isn't in the game yet? I'll add you just in case I ever end up at some bird sanctuary I can send you gifts!

Also! I wanted to talk about something I couldn't help but notice over the last few weeks. It seems like 90% of the local pokestops here in Suburban NJ are like...military related stuff. Is this a strictly american thing, cause it feels like SUPER MURICAH to me. There's a tiny ass nothing park 5 minutes from my house, but it's got twelve stops that are all different plaques to all the different war victims. Which is five minutes away from a TANK! We're not even close to a military base or anything, this is just what all the local towns around me do! One town over, they've got a HELICOPTER!

Since I made most of my friends international for that distance badge, I can't help but notice most of the stuff I get is perfectly normal places. Post Offices, sculptures, that sorta stuff. But I'm curious to know how widespread this is.

I don't think so, it's really a matter of using ANYTHING to justify a stop. For instance, there was a mid-sized shopping center in my town that spread random farm implements all over the place. Pokestops sprang up for every single farm implement, meaning this small space had over a dozen stops and was swarming with Pokemon fans. The center had to request Niantic take most of the stops out because the fans were causing traffic jams.

There's a park near my house that's maybe the size of half a block that now has five stops and two gyms because someone went bonkers labeling everything -- playground equipment, soccer field, tennis court, baseball field, etc. And next to that is a church with four stops (two signs, carving of Mary, giant painted penguin from a long-ago zoo fundraiser, etc.). So walking our dogs becomes very lucrative. Though it did lead to one of them pooping right in front of a priest.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah there is a catholic school/church near my house that has 4 gyms and 4 stops.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Looking forward to finishing the Kanto throwback. Was the range extended for Pokestops? There’s a gym and pokestop in range. Pretty certain it wasn’t last week. 5 Shinny Abra from CD. Not terrible. This week yielded perfect #1! (Eevee)

its misleading - it shows as in range but pokestop range was not extended. Only gyms!

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    its misleading - it shows as in range but pokestop range was not extended. Only gyms!

Ahh that explains why it seemingly looks like I can spin it further away but I can't.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I have a gym that's like a foot outside doubled range :c

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    edited April 2020
    Things I have discovered:

Entering remote raid lobby but before you spend the remote raid pass will get you your daily free raid pass, so you can bank it for the next time you are actually in range of a gym

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    Preacher wrote: »

Ahh that explains why it seemingly looks like I can spin it further away but I can't.

It seems like they've boosted the pokestop range too, I was able to get this just now..
    nbrgyi2h2zpf.png

steam_sig.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    can wigglytuff raid be shiny or is it just the baby form that can be?

Bless your heart.
    Mewtwo achieved!

I'm stuck at the "hatch an egg" step for now. It'll get done but still, fun of them to have a limited event during a global pandemic that requires both raid participation and hatching eggs.

• RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    If it helps, that particular raid step finishes as soon as you join the lobby. Drive to any raid, join in with the free daily pass, and just move on if it's not something you can and want to solo.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    I'm stuck at the "hatch an egg" step for now. It'll get done but still, fun of them to have a limited event during a global pandemic that requires both raid participation and hatching eggs.

They also added the remote raid tickets you could buy to do that.

Plus you can still go outside and walk, plus its half hatch distance on all eggs right now.

edited May 2020
    Magell wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »

They also added the remote raid tickets you could buy to do that.

Plus you can still go outside and walk, plus its half hatch distance on all eggs right now.

While I can, seemingly nobody around here has heard of social distancing or the need to wear masks. I'm not gonna risk it for digital gains. The remote raid passes are nice, and that's what I used for that step.

Cruor on
    TTODewback wrote: »
    can wigglytuff raid be shiny or is it just the baby form that can be?

For p much everything only the smallest available form can be found as shiny. I think the only exceptions are pikachu and alola forms of evolved mon where no non-evolved alola exists.

Thanks to Kanto throwback I finally caught a shiny Charmander, so now I have shinies of all the original starter final evos. Feels nice to complete the set.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I still dont have a shiny charmander and its all I want. My friends were all taunting me with their shiny charizards as buddies a while ago.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I apologise to anyone waiting on gifts; the ordering of the friends list appears to be broken at the moment, so I'm having to go through alphabetically rather than by friend level or gift status

Perfect Magikarp and Rio. Now to figure out where to get a few hundred more karp. O.o

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Got to rank 7 in great no problem last season.
    This season, running up against competitive builds at rank 3.

edited May 2020
    discrider wrote: »
    Got to rank 7 in great no problem last season.
    This season, running up against competitive builds at rank 3.

I'm glad that apparently they are going to have two different Ultra (or was it Master? I forget) leagues, one with and one without legendaries/mythicals. Now they need to do that for all of the leagues because I just hate having the metagame revolve around them.

Cruor on