As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Eldritch Horror PbP - Game Over - Yog-Sothoth Victory] Travel the world, go insane.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I am willing to blow clues on part 1 of this so I'll do both rerolls and the 2d6 to save a problem in one post and we'll see which apply.

E: looks like we're done and the gate's closed after first reroll. Given the Conspiracy Theorist's slow drip of clues I'll pass on doing an encore.

Geth, roll 1d6t5 for Tread The Boards
    Geth, roll 1d6t5 for First Reroll
    Geth, roll 1d6t5 for Second Reroll
    Geth, roll 2d6t5 for Bluff

Tread The Boards:
    1d6t5 0 [1d6t5=1]
    First Reroll:
    1d6t5 1 [1d6t5=5]
    Second Reroll:
    1d6t5 0 [1d6t5=2]
    Bluff:
    2d6t5 0 [2d6t5=4, 1]

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    I take Lantern and use it for the 1st test.
    Geth roll 2d6t5 for drawing sigil

drawing sigil:
    2d6t5 0 [2d6t5=4, 3]

• Options
    Reroll with a Clue
    Geth roll 1d6t5

1d6t5 0 [1d6t5=2]

• Options
    Meh, spend a clue to avoid Amnesia

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 5d6t4 for museum etiquette

museum etiquette:
    5d6t4 4 [5d6t4=5, 6, 4, 5, 1]

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Geth, roll 3d6t5 to test Observation

to test Observation:
    3d6t5 1 [3d6t5=1, 5, 3]

• Options
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Conjuration seems like an excellent cast-and-forget candidate, to me.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Alright, not bad.

@jdarksun Tracks down the astronomers and sics the cops on them, solving Panama's troubles once and for all.
    @Phyphor doesn't break things and learns Clairvoyance, a nifty little spell.
    @Daemonis gets booted from the library for inadequate drawing skills.
    @Auralynx successfully bluffs his way through the performance, and then bails before anyone notices.

The lantern is replaced by an Elder Sign in the reserve.

Mythos time!

Cultists start trying to summon more monsters!
    wnzg0ngay8nw.png

Omen advances to blue, and because of the Tokyo gate doom advances by 1 to 12.
    There's a monster surge, dumping a Star Spawn and a Vampire in Tokyo.
    Clues spawn in Sydney and space 20.

As all the cultists are already dead, they can't themselves summon more monsters.
    I've gotta run for a bit, updated board pics, etc when I get back.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Sorry about the delays, here are the up to date pics.

Board:
    yo46oa3tblqh.jpg

Ancient One:
    hmqfvc9r2iid.jpg

@jdarksun
    ave33oatze4z.jpg

@Phyphor
    sp1irf92fbno.jpg

@Daemonis
    zrf468wuog65.jpg

@Auralynx
    qtn8luz1m8bw.jpg

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Actions:
    1 - Activate Necronomicon

Geth, roll 3d6t5 to test Lore

to test Lore:
    3d6t5 1 [3d6t5=2, 4, 6]

• Options
    Fuck yeah. I'll spend 1 Sanity for 2 spells.

...I have no idea how we're staggering turns, and should have figured this out before hand. I'll wait for Phyphor to arrive before Action 2, which will be restoring Sanity.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    ...I have no idea how we're staggering turns, and should have figured this out before hand. I'll wait for Phyphor to arrive before Action 2, which will be restoring Sanity.

Each player takes both actions, then it's the next players turn. Technically you can't wait, but what you could have done (do, because time is flexible in a PbP) is pass off Lead Investigator to Phyphor (or someone else) at the end of the Mythos phase and change the turn order. Because you're co-operating usually it doesn't matter, but occasionally you get Mythos cards which target the Lead, or where the Lead has to make a choice. Would you like to do that @jdarksun ?

• Options
    Yeah I didn't realize Phyphor needed Sanity too, I wanna wait to go until he can get here.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    So if we're talking turn order, do we get to change the whole thing? Because I'm pretty sure I should head to Tokyo, throw the Dynamite, then let Daemonis take my Hired Muscle and try to finish the Star Spawn off if possible.

E: If you just move where the same rotation starts, I think I still need to go throw the dynamite unless we're giving up on clearing that gate. Not sure what Daemonis does in that case.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    You just move where in the rotation you start, which would still be jdarksun -> Phyphor -> Daemonis -> Auralynx -> jdarksun

Basically the only way to get Phyphor before jdarksun is to have Phyphor start the turn order, I made a mistake earlier saying anyone would be OK.

• Options
    Alright, @jdarksun has nominated @Phyphor as the new lead, so the new order is Phyphor, Daemonis, Auralynx, jdarksun.

• Options
    1. Move to jdark's space
    2. Feed the mind

Geth roll 3d6t4

3d6t4 2 [3d6t4=3, 5, 5]

• Options
    I'll improve lore further and use clairvoyance for my encounter

• Options
    @Daemonis is next

• Options
    Since jdark is generating spells and it seems that any number of things can be traded at once? It makes the most sense to do a handoff next turn

• Options
    1. Get boat ticket
    2. Acquire assets

Geth roll 4d6t4

4d6t4:
    4d6t4 1 [4d6t4=4, 2, 2, 2]

• Options
    Get Deringer

Combat encounter

• Options
    Guess we're doing this.
    1. Go to Tokyo.
    2. Use Dynamite, killing Vampire and injuring Star Spawn.
    3. Hopefully avoid a combat encounter.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    @Phyphor improves his book reading, at the cost of reducing his sanity dangerously low to 2.
    @Daemonis buys a boat ticket, but can't buy anything else because Trish isn't blessed and also there are monsters here. The target is 5, not 4 so you have no successes, and you can't go shopping (or rest) in a space with monsters. What would you like to do for your second action?
    @Auralynx blows the Vampire to bits, and wounds the Star Spawn greatly.
    @jdarksun reads the Necronomicon, and learns Flesh Ward again, and Blessing of Isis

Before we move onto encounters I'll just get clarification on Daemonis' second action, and whether you did actually want to change Lead Investigator given nothing that has happened this turn would happen any differently without the change.

• Options
    Oops, sorry. Gain a clue using my action then.

• Options
    Alright, 1 clue it is. Speaking of which @Phyphor could you do your lore test for clairvoyance and choose which clue to take if the encounter works out.

• Options
    I should end up with 3 sanity again right? -1 from spell, +1 from jdark's heal

Geth roll 5d6t4

5d6t4 2 [5d6t4=1, 1, 6, 4, 1]

• Options
    Closer than it really should have been! Encounter the arctic clue

• Options
    Also should we discard that?

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Also should we discard that?
    It's super helpful for farming clues, and we have an infinite spell generator right now. I'd suggest keeping it.

• Options
    Someone should probably have told Peter Cushing about dynamite at some point.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    I should end up with 3 sanity again right? -1 from spell, +1 from jdark's heal.

You're quite right. I misunderstood jdarksun's action as a regular rest and not the character action, which I'd forgotten about. I'll fix that up now, and get your encounters.

@Phyphor meditates on the arctic, to no ill effect. His mind travels on a ship through a time portal, which is insightful but otherwise a little scary. (Not as scary as a Hound of Tindalos however)
    ik4026veumt6.png6m7d5h9zvd9h.png
    Norman is back down to 2 sanity, looks like I was using clairvoyance earlier.

@Daemonis does battle with a Star Spawn. It's already got 3 wounds, so two successes on the strength test will kill it. After that you can either go through the gate or just hang out in Tokyo, assuming you do kill it.

@Auralynx nothing yet, we need to wait and see if you need to fight the Star Spawn as well.

@jdarksun goes out drinking.
    keemc0yce38q.png

• Options
    Going out drinking sounds real good right now.

Geth, roll 3d6t5 for Observation check

Observation check:
    3d6t5 0 [3d6t5=3, 2, 3]

• Options
    Geth, roll 1d6t5 for Private Investigator reroll

Private Investigator reroll:
    1d6t5 0 [1d6t5=1]

• Options
  • Options
    RIP book of secrets

• Options
    Geth roll 2d6t5 for Sanity test
    Geth roll 4d6t5 for Combat test (3 + 3 for .45 + 1 for Lantern - 3)

Sanity test:
    2d6t5 0 [2d6t5=1, 3]
    Combat test (3 + 3 for .45 + 1 for Lantern - 3):
    4d6t5 2 [4d6t5=6, 4, 2, 5]

• Options
    Got it! Tokyo encounter, please.

• Options
    @Daemonis takes 3 sanity damage and 1 physical, taking Trish to 3HP/2WP before immediately being placed on trial for a breach of the peace.
    xyibs3r849sl.png

@Auralynx is in luck, no combat encounter. Tokyo, generic city, or Otherworld encounter?