As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE War of the Visions] Tactics + Gacha = Profit?

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I leveled Iron Giant from 1 to 21 and he has 30SP. I really fucking hope that number scales up, because I have no idea how you'd unlock more than like 3 things on the grid otherwise.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I leveled Iron Giant from 1 to 21 and he has 30SP. I really fucking hope that number scales up, because I have no idea how you'd unlock more than like 3 things on the grid otherwise.

Yeah, I think it has to scale up at some point. Though in the tutorial stages, I think they did say something about how you weren't supposed to be able to unlock them all at once, and that that it was designed to be reset to tweak builds for different events/fights.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Yes it scales up; you'll eventually be getting 3/4 points instead of 2. Also when you awaken them to 2*, they reset to level 1. So espers basically have 130 levels to get SP from.

Like my Shiva is 2* level 30-something and I have all the Magic Atk and Magic % unlocks.

• Options
    MaijinamuroMaijinamuro Registered User regular
    Did anything ever happen with making a clan?

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Did anything ever happen with making a clan?

Just need to know if we prefer Winterclad or Knights of Arcadia, and I'll start it up.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I always like the knights one but if you are making it go with your preference.

Maijinamuro on
  • Options
    Silent TristeroSilent Tristero Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Definitely up for this Guild business. Played FFBE a few years, quite enjoying this too... Pulling Ramza and Orlandeau for free helped.

Edit: Part 2 of the FFT Bingo card involves a couple of Guild things, so hopefully good timing.

Player ID 1674129531

Silent Tristero on
  • Options
    Okie dokie, so the Guild's named "Arcadians" because the name was restricted to 12 characters. What do folks need to find this? Just the name? Guild ID? A pentagram, candles, and a whole ton of goats?

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    My current guild is battling a team named "Stone throw" which is a great guild name.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I saw it when searching, just have to wait 24 hours and I can apply.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    If you request to join the guild, please hit me up here with a short message with your in-game name (in thread or private message is fine for me).

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    Alrighty, I'll join after my 24 hours are up from my other guild.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Silent TristeroSilent Tristero Registered User regular
    Also waiting on the 24hr period. Will post when applied!

• Options
    Application is in.
    Name is Grugthall.

• Options
    Join request sent, in game name is Zerth.

• Options
    I have a Tristero and a November looking for entry. If that's one of you, let me know. Otherwise, I might turn them down.

• Options
    November is me.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I'll join when my cooldown is up. Fairly certain my game name matches my forum handle.

• Options
    Unless I'm mistaken you can't search by name. Hit me with that friend ID and I'll put it in the OP.

• Options
    I kinda want Kitone, since she's a strong female character, that doesn't dress like... well like Mediena, but I'm still scrounging what I can of Orlandeau and Ramza shards from the shop, so my gem bank is perpetually empty till the FFT event ends. :(

• Options
    If everyone here is in the Guild that wants to be, I might start accepting other requests to join just to fill ranks.

I'm not as worried about characters, I have a lot, but I'm still trying to get Ramza for reasons, so I also have no extra crystal-bits.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I believe I applied but hadn't gotten my invite accepted yet. Game name should be Cirira, I'll double check after work.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I just downloaded this. We'll see how long I stick with it... I've tried various Gacha's for various lengths of time, but eventually usually get burnt out by chasing one specific item/character to get me into the next tier of content w/o having to have perfect input all the time (FFRK, FFBE), or just eventually getting bored of the gameplay (DDFFOO, GFront, Arknights).

I remember I tried Alchemists Code a little bit a while back, but I think I got annoyed by the constant grinding through all sorts of random ass things to try and level certain characters up, or something. Hopefully the FF trappings will be enough to keep me engaged for a while. Its not like I can go outside or anything...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Cirira wrote: »
    I believe I applied but hadn't gotten my invite accepted yet. Game name should be Cirira, I'll double check after work.

I accepted you a few minutes after I posted earlier, Cirira. :+1: Hey, @Brody, if you want some extra stuff, join the Guild!

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Cirira wrote: »

I accepted you a few minutes after I posted earlier, Cirira. :+1: Hey, Brody, if you want some extra stuff, join the Guild!

Yeah, I just got to figure out where that is in the UI. Also everything else thats going on...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    I have to say that my continued interest in the game is rather tenuous right now. This does seem to be very grindy (at times I've just turned on autobattle, popped some stamina potions, and just let the game run for like a couple hours). I'm mostly sticking around to see if they have events and what not to keep it interesting, since after you get through the story battles, there's really only the arena, guild battles and mats grinding, which are all just set autobattle and see what happens.

For those that have played Alchemist Code, did they have interesting PvE type events (like raids) or just more difficult content that requires non-auto battling interaction?

• Options
    I think you need to get to a certain level before it unlocks, maybe. Third bottom button from the left (Summon, Shop, Guild, Duel, Farplane, Story) on the main screen. Search for "Arcadians" when you can get in, and let me know what your username is.

Also, yeah, the game has a lot of "various vectors to power up characters" that do so by increments. So, like, You'll eventually have the ability to both Awaken and Limit Break a character; the former uses various Souls, Prisms, Thoughts (all items in awakening stages, or in the case of thoughts, available in various shops/chocobo adventures/quest rewards), while the Limit Break "just" uses unit shards and spheres (shards from extra summons of the same character, or by hitting up the stages every day that give the unit shards, I've only seen spheres come from summons). You can also level up character jobs, and gain access to abilities that you can level up as well. Weapons can use various ores to improve them, as well as hammers to add to their stat boosts. You can craft improved versions (eventually), awaken them (eventually), and forge them with emblems to also improve them. Espers are leveled up with Magicite gotten mainly from the Chocobo Adventures, and Awakened with stuff specifically from the Esper Awakening stages. Finally, the Vision Cards (some come with the espers, some are just independent cards) are leveled up with growth eggs and awakened with card shards and spheres.

I mean, all of this stuff can sort of roll in if you just do a small smattering of things each day. Basically, unless you go gung-ho you're unlikely to fully cap out a character in even a few weeks, and that's fine.

• Options
    I mean, all of this stuff can sort of roll in if you just do a small smattering of things each day. Basically, unless you go gung-ho you're unlikely to fully cap out a character in even a few weeks, and that's fine.

I think thats actually my current problem, since I've been trying to LB Orlandeau as much as he can before he goes away, I've been grinding a *lot*. Ironically, maybe after this event goes away, I'll dial things back and enjoy it more.

• Options

I think thats actually my current problem, since I've been trying to LB Orlandeau as much as he can before he goes away, I've been grinding a *lot*. Ironically, maybe after this event goes away, I'll dial things back and enjoy it more.

I noticed that right after Thancred was no longer available for summoning, for about a week there was a hard quest (that I didn't have unlocked) that would give his shards. It doesn't seem to show up anymore, but it's very much a thing for me where I'm trying to pay the most attention to non-event units to break, because they seem to keep their shard quests and I can drip-feed them shards eventually.

Like, with every vector my characters can level up, it's more a marathon than a sprint. I'm not even expecting, as a casual, to have a unit maxed out in a few months, and as long as they can hold their own in battle, I'm fine with that.

I am learning not to rely as much on the auto-party feature. Which means I'm finally having to parse what each unit actually does. :lol:

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    The two event types we haven't seen yet are Raids and the Tower.

Raids basically being go in with your team and beat a stage (usually a boss + maybe 1/2 minions or something) that continually increases in difficulty each time you beat it. Rewards are obtained for each clear (usually more coins to buy stuff from Mog King shop related to the raid) and also one-time rewards for highest level cleared. The higher levels eventually get to the point where you basically needed matching characters of the right element (ex if boss is dark, you need a team of light element units. Then they should all be the same weapon type so you can build element+weapon chains to boost damage). This basically forces you into multiplayer for the higher levels because only the whaliest of whales will have multiple units of the same element all leveled up. These use an orb system like arena instead of energy.

The other one is the Tower which basically is like a gauntlet mode. Start at floor and go up each floor as you clear it. Units don't come back; if you clear the floor with them dead (ie don't raise them), they stay dead. Ability uses don't reset; so after Mediena spams her LB, it's gone since LBs are one-use only. Same with your x uses of Blizzard or Cure or whatever. Un-healed damage carries over; that kind of thing. There's some kind of daily timer I believe that resets your units back though; so you don't need to clear it in one shot. But the timer isn't generous enough that you can basically kamikaze the whole event and still hit the top floor before the event is over. This event is more about having a breadth of roster, so it was apparently quite challenging when it first showed up in JP.

• Options
    Can I gripe about how you can't tilt the camera at all? Even the original FFT had that. I'd like something between default and overhead.

• Options
    I assume that no one wanted to take that guy up on the offer? The pug guild I was in before's leader was named Jom, he certainly aimed high, I think.

• Options
    I assume that no one wanted to take that guy up on the offer? The pug guild I was in before's leader was named Jom, he certainly aimed high, I think.

I'm not interested, at least. I let the dude join because he'd asked and I hadn't seen anyone else joining for now, but I'm not interested in shutting this down ATM and hopping guilds.

I prefer the closed club we've got. :lol:

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Yeah, sounds fine by me.

Edit: Though I will say it'd be kinda cool if we did get enough peeps to try the guild battles. They did keep things kinda interesting.

chrono_traveller on
  • Options
    The way story missions in this game works is punishment. It's just endless battles against the same 10 enemy types, with a wholly unrelated cutscene either before or after.

It would be much better if the focus stayed with a single character or group instead of jumping back and forth. I'm in chapter 5 and I swear I'm tracking 9 different plots.

• Options
    So, do you want me to turn on "auto-accept" for members? That's more likely to encourage folks to join. Also, if you want to hit chat with a "join this guild" thing that might help.

While I'm not bad at systems, people are another matter, so if someone wants to be our hype man, squeak up. We'd need 4 more members to even get in to guild battles.

• Options
    I would say auto-join with a minimum level if you don't want to micro manage as much to have to clear out inactive players.

The game also needs to remind people to setup their companion formations. So many are mont with no equipment.

Same for guild battle formation really.

• Options
    I'm fine with accepting randos if it means we can participate in new gameplay.

Also, I love the character design of that new red mage.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Yeah, I'm ok with randos too. I'd probably just post some simple rules so that we are at least active in the guild battles. Something like if you miss X number of guild battles in a row, we'll kick you*, or something like that.

For those who haven't done guild battles, they're like the arena battles: 3v3 and the fight itself is controlled by the AI. You have 2 attacks on the other guild, were you choose which player you'll attack, but any damage/skills used will carry over from the first battle to the next.

*unless, I dunno they give us a heads up or something?

Edit: Big whiff on the free pull today. :( Only one yellow (no rainbows) and it was for a pretty bad vision card. :(

chrono_traveller on
  • Options
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I'm fine with accepting randos if it means we can participate in new gameplay.

Also, I love the character design of that new red mage.

I do like her design. I'm on the edge of pulling for her with the influx of Visiore we've gotten over the past week or so, but I'm like tapped out on rainbow shards, and just adding another character to the list of projects to work on isn't probably the best idea for me right now.