As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Hell Surprise

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Hell Surprise

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    The number of the beast is actually 616 anyway.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular

Y'know, I knew that, and yet it only just now clicked that it's also the number of the mainstream Marvel comics universe (Earth-616). I wonder who's subtle joke that was?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Tychpo: Should be Mark of the Beast, right?

Fairly ambivalent towards this comic, doesn't have the usual flair or punchy-ness

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Tychpo: Should be Mark of the Beast, right

Maybe the Beast's name is Mark.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Djiem wrote: »

And who controls what people see and believe from his house of hate and lies?
    Mark Zuckerberg
    No, I don't believe this. I'm just joking to make Jerry's Tychpo correct and earn ourNo-Prize.

YoungFrey on
  • VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    Tycho canonically going to Hell just seems right

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I think you mistake this comic strip as one that has canon. They are not bound by your mortal concepts of continuity!

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    Djiem wrote: »

There is a quiz show host called Mark "The Beast" Labbett... appears in the UK and US versions of The Chase.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I like in Panel 3, the devil is literally burning off the donger with a flaming sword.

• VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    I think you mistake this comic strip as one that has canon. They are not bound by your mortal concepts of continuity!

except when they mention their own continuity!

• Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Y'know, I knew that, and yet it only just now clicked that it's also the number of the mainstream Marvel comics universe (Earth-616). I wonder who's subtle joke that was?

Surprising no one, Alan Moore!

• AstralMuffinAstralMuffin Registered User regular
    That seconf panel has some heavy On the Rain-slick Precipice of Darkness. I miss that game...

• AraragiKyonAraragiKyon Registered User regular
    So apparently Tycho's mother is my mother as well. She hit me yesterday with the whole load of anti-science conspiracy theories abounding nowaday.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    So apparently Tycho's mother is my mother as well. She hit me yesterday with the whole load of anti-science conspiracy theories abounding nowaday.

And she apparently owns the company I work for.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Oh man, that newspost. I'm cackling over his response to The Warrior's music video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47y5bo8wtqM

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Tricky devil

• AbstractAbstract Registered User new member
    Mark the Beast sounds like a zany kids show.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I enjoy the title of this strip very much

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Is it really Hell if you don't have to wear pants?

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Hell is other people (not wearing pants)

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Is it really Hell if you don't have to wear pants?
    He was only at the initial stage.

First stage is burning off the dong.

Then itchy wool pants.