As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] EoS. officially lost.

ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
edited December 2022 in Games and Technology
fcb6z6b9p3pl.jpg

Nintendo and CyGames give us some hack and slash gameplay. Solo and multiplayer monster killing, cute and/or badass characters, and ridiculous amounts of crafted weapons and base building. Also you can turn into dragons that may or may not look like humans with horns and tails.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
Shadowfire on

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I cleared eCiella a couple of times finally while playing hawk. Both of my successful runs had a healer (wedding xania actually) or Templar hope so it's frustrating that the pub meta seems to be coalescing around this 4dps setup on literally the 2nd day of the content. The fight is easily clearable by units that aren't hawk/Lin/sylas/Tobias but randos gonna rando

Group stuff is just legit better when it's set up in a way that needs a healer. I guess the space in between every attack one shots you and you can bumrush with dps is narrow in this game.

and since the agito fights are hp based attack patterns instead of like the high dragon strict attack pattern, then high enough dps can skip attacks.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Apparently there is a very mean surprise in the Tiki Trial

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    It was a fun surprise!

My Hawk is 8300, and I get noped out of some sCiella PUBs. So I assume attempting eCiella is pointless

:( Randos are so frustrating.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    It was a fun surprise!

My Hawk is 8300, and I get noped out of some sCiella PUBs. So I assume attempting eCiella is pointless

:( Randos are so frustrating.

I got noped out with a 7800 Victor and 7600 Tobias. Pubs suck.

• Options
    I'm honestly not sure what the might levels you need for the fight are? I had been doing all my weeklies with Midgar since they added horns to the expert chest so I had enough to make a lvl2 weapon this same reset and once i saw that hawk was going to be a staple, just crafted that and it max unbound from ingots puts me at like 9.7k so i can at least avoid the nope boss fight until i want to try to play with a different character, like my 7.5k tobias... i have no idea if that's high enough for pubs?

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    my beautiful 9k hawk has the wrong agito weapon equipped, and it does not stop him from beating down sCiella.
    i finally beat eHJP again, to make the HDT1 blade for G.Luca, which led me to setting up his team's coabilities.

then i realized how strong Peony's coability is, and i decided to throw 20 more pulls into the banner, which did in fact get me Peony!
    i missed Mars on 240 pulls, reminding me that gacha is indeed hell, but i did get a Grace out of the deal, so it's okay.
    my stash is now weak, and i feel Tiki will destroy it completely. mission accomplished, cygames.

i think their goal is to try and powercreep the coability/chain coab instead of just releasing straight higher-dps adventurers for a while.
    while it's a strategy nakedly designed to encourage more pulling, at least it keeps some of the creep off individual adventurers.

• Options
    Tiki will destroy all of our stashes right in time for the next character gala.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    3 banners in a row I've gotten my pity rate up to 6.5-7% so I'm basically wiped out for a while with very little to show for it. Stupid gambling mechanics

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    I got a rainbow spear on my daily pull on the old banner this morning which was exciting until Silas popped out.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Used the free wyrmite to do a pull and got 2 rainbow swords. One was a dupe Albert, but the other was Chrom.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    So what's the optimal way to roll on these banners again? Single pulls until you get to 10, then full ten pulls? Is it worth spending wyrmitet on single pulls or just the singles tickets?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    So what's the optimal way to roll on these banners again? Single pulls until you get to 10, then full ten pulls? Is it worth spending wyrmitet on single pulls or just the singles tickets?

"Optimal" way last I saw the post was 20 singles followed by tens. And yes, if you run out of single tickets then use wyrmite.

• Options
    Got Tiki on my 7th single...

...now what? :lol:

• Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    Got Tiki on my 7th single...

...now what? :lol:

Save for gala!

Got Tiki in a couple ten pulls, then did some more of the first banner and got Peony. No Chrom but I'm tapping out.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Hmm. The Infernal Coliseum challenges are actually a challenge.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Managed to get Tiki with about 30 tickets. Since that used a lot fewer resources than I budgeted, I went back to see if I could get Chrom (I already had Peony, and then stopped pulling to save for Tiki, who I'd rather have had over Chrom). I managed to get him in about 60 pulls, along with a tenth Garuda, a third Ariel (the game loves giving me wind dragons not named Vayu), and a dupe Summer Verica.

I'm trying to set up a frostbite team to benefit Tiki. My previous water team was Fjorm, Gala Elisanne, Nurse Aeleen, and Lily. There's some good freeze synergy there, but not a lot of freeze payoffs. As much as I have liked Lily, and I'm amazed that she managed to stay useful this long, she is the best option to replace with Tiki. Fjorm is weird in that she does not have frostbite abilities herself, but has a good frostbite co-ability, so she stays. My main debate would be between keeping G. Elli (her combo time co-ability is useful for maintaining Flurry Strength for Tiki from the Twinfold Bonds wyrmprint) or replacing her with Lazry, who has more frostbite support.

Granted, the debate is mostly an academic one since I'm down to only 4 Champion testaments :rotate:

• Options
    Cururu wrote: »
    Managed to get Tiki with about 30 tickets. Since that used a lot fewer resources than I budgeted, I went back to see if I could get Chrom (I already had Peony, and then stopped pulling to save for Tiki, who I'd rather have had over Chrom). I managed to get him in about 60 pulls, along with a tenth Garuda, a third Ariel (the game loves giving me wind dragons not named Vayu), and a dupe Summer Verica.

I'm trying to set up a frostbite team to benefit Tiki. My previous water team was Fjorm, Gala Elisanne, Nurse Aeleen, and Lily. There's some good freeze synergy there, but not a lot of freeze payoffs. As much as I have liked Lily, and I'm amazed that she managed to stay useful this long, she is the best option to replace with Tiki. Fjorm is weird in that she does not have frostbite abilities herself, but has a good frostbite co-ability, so she stays. My main debate would be between keeping G. Elli (her combo time co-ability is useful for maintaining Flurry Strength for Tiki from the Twinfold Bonds wyrmprint) or replacing her with Lazry, who has more frostbite support.

Granted, the debate is mostly an academic one since I'm down to only 4 Champion testaments :rotate:

He's not frostbite, but Pipple benefits greatly from Tiki's coab.

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Fjorm's S1 applies frostbite if you dip into her spiral.

• Options
    Russad wrote: »
    Fjorm's S1 applies frostbite if you dip into her spiral.

I did her spiral, but I must have missed that. Thanks!

• Options
    Able to crush Lunatic Wind, Marth with full MUB Mars is just stupid

Everything else I can only do hard, except Water on Hard, Hawk just isn't strong enough to carry the team. Maybe if I had enough Testaments to 70MC Lin You as well.

• Options
    I did Light first since my Dark team is my best one, and was able to get through Lunatic without any issues (I haven't tried Infernal yet). I suspect Wind and Water will also be not too bad, given access to Chimeratec and Agito weapons. It is the Dark and Fire ones (particularly fire) that I'm not looking forward to.

• Options
    Cururu wrote: »
    I did Light first since my Dark team is my best one, and was able to get through Lunatic without any issues (I haven't tried Infernal yet). I suspect Wind and Water will also be not too bad, given access to Chimeratec and Agito weapons. It is the Dark and Fire ones (particularly fire) that I'm not looking forward to.

Sounds like the dark one is the worst one. Enjoy bleeds!

• Options
    Aye I cleared my first master high dragon! Yes it was hawk cheese but damn it it was still a challenge and by the end of it I felt like the best hawk in the solo queues. Seriously I saw Hawks die to literally every attack.

• Options
    Accrued some more wyrmite from these event endeavors so I threw it into the Tiki machine because honestly I just want to use her as a Pipple buff. Nothing for the first ten and just as I'm doing the second set who should dive from the sky but Xainfried, the last of the OG Adventurers I was lacking. Looks like I've struck out for this event, back to hoarding again.

• Options
    i dropped 130 pulls looking for tiki, and nothing but non-divine dragons showed up.
    oh well! i'm broke again, not desperate for tiki but a bit disappointed.

• Options
    Starting to think that I might not get Chrom. This Peony character has pity broken me twice along with an assortment of other 5* units.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    i have really been enjoying the arena quests - little reward, high difficulty, no reason to do them but that they exist.
    everything that was wrong with master high dragons was the rewards associated with them creating awful community culture.
    the original HDTs got around that problem by offering modest rewards, as opposed to game-breakingly powerful weapons.

fascinating to see it.

• Options
    Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    Aw dip Rage of Bahamut banner coming next.

Can't wait to kenkyuu no seika da.

• Options
    oh is that a crossover banner?

• Options
    Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    Not quite. Along with Lily and Cerberus already in Dragalia, these characters originated in Rage of Bahamut and have appeared in several other Cygames properties.

• Options
    Cygames loves shoving these characters into everything they own. Wouldn't be surprised if the Dragon Knights show up eventually.

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    They need to add Lucifer. We need better light 'dragons' anyway :)

• Options
    Varg wrote: »

Whoa whoa, no light units allowed in the dark meta.

• Options
    it's nice my dark team is only super busted need some more units

• Options
    Well I've pretty much missed out on the collab. I've just been too busy with all of the chaos from the Pandemic to do any grinding. I basically haven't done more than watch the story clips. At least I got Sharena. Her and Alphonse are far and away my favorite things about FEH.

Maybe I'll be able to properly enjoy the content if they do a rerun for a third FEH collab next year featuring Anna as the freebie.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Varg wrote: »

Whoa whoa, no light units allowed in the dark meta.

No non-limited Light units at least.

Seriously Cygames this is actually a problem.

• Options
    Well I manged to MUB Fenaslir. That makes me happy. I don't have time to MUB Falchion though. I think I can get a third copy though. I assume Falchion isn't worth using those wildcard damascus bars on?

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Your unbinding bars are better used for top tier shit that's super expensive to make, not a free stepping stone weapon.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    That's what I figured. I kinda forgot how good Draglia's freebies were. I've seen games hand out freebies that range from the whole spectrum of garbage to S+ tier.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Pulled for Yurius, got Gilgamesh on 2nd 10 pull, Forte on the 5th, and 4 rainbows on the 9th! Valerio, Forte, Louise, Forte (All dupes) well that's enough of that.