As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twitter Has Disabled SMS Notifications

forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/27/21238131/twitter-sms-notifications-disabled-jack-dorsey-hack

Questions about whether PAX West is really happening aside, I know many people rely on SMS notifications from Twitter to alert them to badge sales going live. If that has been your strategy in the past, you will need to find another method (like Twitter's built-in app notification service) to alert you when the PAX Badge account tweets out the notice that sales are live.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.

• Options
    every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Yeah, pulling the plug on SMS notifications is no good; I also rely on them because I have usually found them to be more reliable than notifications from the twitter app. However last year SMS notification stopped working for me during the PAX ticket paranoia season; I wouldn't have seen it if I hadn't been looking at my phone right when the tweet went out. :surprised:

every day's great on
  • Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    Dang that's too bad. I'm not sure if PAX West will be happening. I was really hoping 2020 would be a good year, but this whole thing really threw a wrench into things. At least I'm doing more work with Unity and have a stable work from home game testing job. I hope all is well with all of you.

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah - Definitely skeptical about whether PAX West actually happens this year. Even if they're in a position to actually have the show, there are just an insane number of open questions about who would actually commit to exhibiting. No doubt that will factor into the decision making process.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    Yeah if it does happen, I feel it is going to be a pretty scaled back affair with very few exhibitors. Specifically, no Microsoft, no Sony, No Nintendo, or most of the Major Publishers like Sega, Bethesda, 2K, Activision Blizzard, EA, etc. And at that point it is really just vendors, and I don't really go to PAX to shop, well maybe a little, but it is more of a side diversion lol.

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!