As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help my wife choose a phone?

Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
Hi guys! I checked the tech forum but didn't see any thread where this might be appropriate, so I hope you don't mind that I post this here.

My wife is in the market for a new cell and I was just hoping for some quick advice.

She's currently looking at these four. I'd love your thoughts/suggestions (Prices in Canadian):

Galaxy S10 Lite (current top choice) Snapdragon 855 Chipset RAM: 6 ROM: 128 Battery: 4500 45W (740$)
Galaxy S10e 02 Exynos 9820 Chipset RAM:6 ROM: 128 Battery: 3100 15W (850$)
Galaxy Note9 08 Exynos 9810 Chipset RAM: 6 ROM: 128 Battery: 4000 15W (600$/used)
Xiaomi Mi Note Snapdragon 730G Chipset RAM: 6 ROM: 128(no slot) Battery: 5260 30W (760$)

Any feedback or suggestions appreciated.

Main considerations are reliability and durability. Phone will be heavily used all day long and will need constant data connection (Wifi and LTE/4g). Gaming not a factor. If you have any suggestions to offer that can provide the type of performance we need at a lower pricepoint, please don't hesitate!

Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    As those are all Android phones, may I suggest the Android thread, which (despite having been fairly quiet lately) is bound to have some useful suggestions. :)

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    It is a mistake to overlook LG and also Motorola has something new as well.

Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • Options
    Jazz wrote: »
    As those are all Android phones, may I suggest the Android thread, which (despite having been fairly quiet lately) is bound to have some useful suggestions. :)

Thanks, cross-posted there as well!

• Options
    1205Dennis1205Dennis Registered User regular
    Definitely go for the S10 Lite. I have the S10 (normal) and I'm so happy with it. Picture quality is 10/10, it runs smoothly in all apps, feels so nice to hold in your hand, just an amazing phone.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    It is a mistake to overlook LG and also Motorola has something new as well.

I will forever advocate for the Motorola Moto G line! Comparatively cheap n' very good, about the only complaint I have about em is the lack of NFC.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, she ordered the Lite. It should be here by week's end.

• Options
    Just wanted to update the thread to let everyone know that my wife got her phone today! Thanks again for all your advice guys, she’s pretty stoked!