As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Some Prana t-shirts on offer at Bananafingers.co.uk

425pmztwl283.png

Just love that colour man. Their t-shirts are really nice too, 60/40 organic cotton and recycled polyester, green and ethical, great for yoga, working out, climbing, just generally dossing about and going to dub nights

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    My beard is getting a bit ridiculous so I bought some local made balm and a salt spray. I've never used a salt spray before but it made my beard feel very light and airy and luscious. Also sprayed it in my hair just cause. Would reccomend salt sprays.

6ly3aqck1wst.jpg

I think I'm also going to commit to growing my hair out long again because it's already been like, two or three months since I've had it cut so might as well.

Juggernut on
    hubba hubba!

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Why do you keep saying you're a weird flesh golem when you're in fact hunky beardman

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    You can only see yourself through your own eyes and your eyes are liars

Beneath the beard is a terrible ham-being all moist and soft and kinda sticky because of the honey.

Beard is 10/10 would make Zeus jealous

Platy wrote: »
    Why do you keep saying you're a weird flesh golem when you're in fact hunky beardman

In all fairness as someone who's own opinion of their appearance has been extremely negative, it is a really difficult thing to deal with. You just... don't see it, when you look at yourself in the mirror. It's a bad trip.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    MR1e39r.jpg

I need more cool masks

Denim is a vibe

poo
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I bought some solid cologne made with Buffalo Trace bourbon and was all aw yeah gonna smell awesome but then I remembered I don't ever leave the house any more.

Yeahhh among the consequences of this going-on-eternity quarantine here is that

I've gone to several of my favourite fashion sites

And I've looked at stuff I like

And then I'm like what's the fucking point

Found amazing swimsuits on sale at Agent Provocateur! WILL WE EVER SWIM AGAIN? UNLIKELY, SAYS NEWS

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I bought some solid cologne made with Buffalo Trace bourbon and was all aw yeah gonna smell awesome but then I remembered I don't ever leave the house any more.

Found amazing swimsuits on sale at Agent Provocateur! WILL WE EVER SWIM AGAIN? UNLIKELY, SAYS NEWS

Who cares? Buy them all anyway!

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    My issue is that I'd be happy to buy them, but I have no way of trying them on, and my "fits and looks good" vs "this does not fit or look good" ratio is not great in general. I am hard to fit with off-the-rack clothes and there's no way I'm getting anything tailored soon. I just don't want to order a bunch of things and have all of them not fit and then have to ship alllll of them back.

So obviously my newfound solution is that now I'm just going to learn how to make all my fashion clothes. 2020-2021 will be ND's Era of HomeCraft

mvrbdf47v2d7.jpg

Want this shirt

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    (Sung to carless whisper)

I'm never gonna swim again
    Quarantine goes on forever
    Swim suits willl just sit unused
    The pool is too small for social dist-ance-inggggggg

---

I am not sorry

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    I SHOULDA KNOWN BETTER THAN TO CHEAT A FRIEND

edited May 2020
    Solar wrote: »
    I SHOULDA KNOWN BETTER THAN TO CHEAT A FRIEND

Yep, can't get together to make it up to them now. :rotate:

Seidkona on

I still keep wanting to buy clothes
    But no one will see them

But I am spending no money eating out and drinking

But

poo
    Well for me getting clothes has been a key part of my routine like

It'd be easy to just start dressing like a chump, skipping shaving etc. But I don't want to, every day I get up and shave and shower and dress etc as if I was going out to see people. Keeping up standards, you might say. Buying clothes is part of that, really. You make yourself look nice because it's good for you to feel attractive and well-dressed, like you've got some semblance of your shit together.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I am doing all of those things - I wake up and shower and take care of myself and get dressed for work - but I'm 100% NOT AT ALL dressing like I do to Go Out. And going out is when I really express myself in fashion. I'm just wearing my work clothes.

Doing my full night-out makeup and jewelry and accessories and going out proper clothes would just be too fucking depressing right now.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I am basically wearing workout clothes during the day due to increasing how much I've been doing that, and then I dress up for when I'm gonna be on camera with folks because fuck it, I'm gonna try to look like I've got my shit together

And then past that it's like WHO CARES

(I do)

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    I am doing all of those things - I wake up and shower and take care of myself and get dressed for work - but I'm 100% NOT AT ALL dressing like I do to Go Out. And going out is when I really express myself in fashion. I'm just wearing my work clothes.

Doing my full night-out makeup and jewelry and accessories and going out proper clothes would just be too fucking depressing right now.

Yeah no I totally get you. I'm not exactly doing myself up to go out out as it's make me properly miserable too. And also look silly anyway because my hair looks awful at the moment.

That said, I guess there is potentially something to be said for dressing up to stay in? I dunno some friends have done it, and it looks fun. But they are doing it in a shared house, mind. I'm just sat on my sofa by myself. Feels a bit odd.

I also am at my parents’ condo and havs been here for 2 months
    Most of my wardrobe is in nyc
    So buying clothes for here is both necessary (cuz I had a carry on and that’s it) but also silly

Also the washing machine that came with the condo is cheap and has some issues, it seems rough on my clothes and already kinda messed up my nice sweats a bit, and pulled a thread out of a nice tee, hm kinda regretting putting them in the wash

Time to wear shlubby clothes and hand wash other things I guess

poo
    I'm about ready to start wearing burlap sacks and old barrels.

Fuck it the only places I go anymore that other people see me is the grocery store and - now half the amount as usual - work.

Gonna go full John the Baptist and wear camels hair and leather belts and eat locusts and wild honey and eventually get my head cut off.

I mean, I hear it's in this season

it is a good time to invest in v nice sweats and loungewear though imo

poo
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    mvrbdf47v2d7.jpg

Want this shirt

Where uh

Where might someone buy this?

The camel hair thing or the decapitation thing?

The camel hair thing or the decapitation thing?

Both I guess

Jimothy wrote: »
    mvrbdf47v2d7.jpg

Want this shirt

Where uh

Where might someone buy this?

It's called the Rab Boundary Flannel, I got it from bananafingers in the UK, but I guess lots of places will sell stuff by Rab, they're a relatively well known company.

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    I realized that if I comb my beard up to crazy level before I go to bed it looks pretty good in the morning instead of being all flat. So now I can just roll out of bed right into early-morning video meetings.

Not sure my wife appreciates the new bedtime look though.

I was doing everything but this week I fell onto a bad depression and have not put makeup on or got dressed up all week.

This is not me and I hate it.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I'm thinking about buying a nice set of suspenders, ya'll have any suggestions?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
    You mean for pants or for stockings

For pants

I like to ART
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    any particular color preference?

wY6K6Jb.gif
    I'm thinking black but wide? I wear mostly dark/black jeans with either a tee or button up.

I like to ART
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    i got ya

bapfzcgeaoou.jpg

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I didn't know I could be a terrible cyberpunk and a terrible steampunk at the same time

Those are vile