As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect Andromeda] Shepard may get a day, but Ryder gets a planet.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I saw some sort of text chat show up on a game last year and I had to alt-tab out to google it to confirm it was some kind of PC mod and that I wasn't incorrectly running under the assumption that ME3 didn't have text chat when it did for the last 7 years lmao

• Options
    AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    I was just playing thorugh the series and am at the point that 3 is all but buttoned up except Citadel and despite me being WAY over whats needed for
    the extra scene for the correct Red ending
    I wante dtoplay multi to get my ting up to 100% to just blot out the stars with the number of N7s ive promoted. No ruskies encountered on audio, anytime i saw a krogan i swapped to krogan so we could be headbutt buddies.

Speaking of Citadel... the kitchen is amazing but WTF is wiht the cook top space! Convert like 1/3 of the countertop to additional cooktop please wtf is this hellscape future.

• Options
    Honestly my Biotic Adept Volus Mr. Pibb should be enough for a conventional victory over the reapers just keeping perma shields on everyone.

kshhhk PAYDAY!

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Alexandier wrote: »
    Honestly my Biotic Adept Volus Mr. Pibb should be enough for a conventional victory over the reapers just keeping perma shields on everyone.

kshhhk PAYDAY!

Don't let Niftu Cal hear that:
    tcldybu9ydx1.jpg

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Niftu Cal is lucky I right-clicked instead of left.

Honestly its a problem, I want to save everyone... except those who are clearly Working Too Hard.

Alexandier on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    President Obama Delivers Stimulus Package never fails to amuse me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSokGHjChCs

• Options
    God, I cant help but just blow raspberries and double deuce past the catalyst directly to the red ending ... enjoy sniffing your own farts asshole! Gunna go blow all your babies to hell real quick,

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Stumbled across this Twitter thread from Patrick Weekes and thought you'd all appreciate it. It made me laugh.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Stumbled across this Twitter thread from Patrick Weekes and thought you'd all appreciate it. It made me laugh.

I feel SWTOR did a decent job with this, by adding [Flirt] or [Lie] or whatever in the paraphrases.

Of course, this was not the point to start doing that in ME.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    The first time I played ME1, I accidentally signed up for a handjob by selecting a seemingly-innocent sounding "sounds interesting".

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    "Accidentally." Yuh huh.

:winky:

• Options
    CrazodCrazod Registered User regular
    Sounds interesting.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »

Gamedev is fucking wild and the creativity gymnastics that creators have to do to cross the finish line is constantly awe-inspiring and terrifying as fuck lmao

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    The first time I played ME1, I accidentally signed up for a handjob by selecting a seemingly-innocent sounding "sounds interesting".
    I do not remember that.

I mean, I remember the Consort automatically banging the player if you mildly dislike her monologue, but not that. That's kind of hilarious.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Look it's perfectly understandable to make the same mistake 17 times!

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Look it's perfectly understandable to make the same mistake 17 times!

It still sounded interesting!

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    The SpaceX dealio made the words "In the year 2148..." appear in my head, so now ME2 is downloading

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/bm0S4cn_rfw

Game Maker's Toolkit just put out a video about ME. Specifically, about how you the player and BW collectively write the personality and actions of Shepard. The video posits that ME fits the middle ground between "blank slate" protagonists (Elder Scrolls, FO: New Vegas) and fully pre-defined protagonists (The Witcher 3, Deus Ex: HR) in RPGs. Sometimes unsuccessfully, but mostly very well.

Worth giving a watch if you have an hour to spare.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Living for this ridiculous awful dad energy

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Kalahira didn't wear down stone and sand for this.

• Options
    Absolutely no one: yo I don't think Thane romance is uncomfortable enough

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    It's so sweet when he has PTSD flashbacks and freaks out

what?

Orca on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    @Geth, delete Cambiata's post please.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Geth would never do that to me, because Geth is my baby siha.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Played some ME3 the other night and got both Mordin's and Thane's deaths in one session.

Definitely had something in both my eyes.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Played some ME3 the other night and got both Mordin's and Thane's deaths in one session.

Definitely had something in both my eyes.

Oof, my best buds in ME2

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Going to try modding Andromeda which looks promising. Definitely looks like smoothing out some of the mechanical and visual rough edges might go an extremely long way

I'm not sure why (given I modded Inquisition pretty extensively) but actually implementing mods in Andromeda feels more daunting despite having what looks like impressively robust tools. I guess I always considered Frostbite games to be very impenetrable

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Tonight was the first time I've given ME: Andromeda's multiplayer a whirl. Holy crap, I have to recalibrate my expectations for my human Vanguard and the recharge rate on her powers when just starting.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Going to try modding Andromeda which looks promising. Definitely looks like smoothing out some of the mechanical and visual rough edges might go an extremely long way

I'm not sure why (given I modded Inquisition pretty extensively) but actually implementing mods in Andromeda feels more daunting despite having what looks like impressively robust tools. I guess I always considered Frostbite games to be very impenetrable
    Modding Andromeda is easier than the OT, hands down. The graphics are still pretty good, so all that there is to do is some gameplay stuff.

Perfect example, in my recent playthrough ME3 needed something like 35GB space for mods and Andromeda needed like... 700MB.

sig.gif
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

wait.. there's mods for andromeda? Can you tell me which are good and where you got them?

I'd love to replay it with a few of the more annoying things fixed!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

Modding Andromeda is easier than the OT, hands down. The graphics are still pretty good, so all that there is to do is some gameplay stuff.

Perfect example, in my recent playthrough ME3 needed something like 35GB space for mods and Andromeda needed like... 700MB.

Blimey, and ME3 vanilla isn't anywhere close to 35GB even with all the DLC. I'm assuming a sizeable chunk of that was higher res textures?

• Options
    edited June 2020

wait.. there's mods for andromeda? Can you tell me which are good and where you got them?

I'd love to replay it with a few of the more annoying things fixed!

Nexus seems to host a great glut of stuff for Andromeda - the majority of it is (actually really, really nice) cosmetic retexturing/specular/mapping changes but there are a handful of custom model replacements for things like hair and outfits.

A smaller portion of mods appear to also be substantial rebalances to player progression, combat, interface, camerawork and animations which seem to have a lot of praise. There's stuff like bottomless inventory but even smaller things like "your weapons no longer all dropoff to nothingness outside encounter range" or "your player character changes direction more quickly without as much of the in-between animations" are quality of life adjustments I'm extremely excited to try out.
    Also I kinda expected this given the modding options for Inquisition, but there's a fair few nice-looking Reshade presets that add a subtle but surprising amount of detail into what I felt was sometimes an oddly visually flat and muted aesthetic.

I have about 3GB of stuff downloaded but a bunch of these probably overlap and override each other so I'm going to start up this Mod Manager and see how long it takes me to get this game a nice makeover. What scares me a little is a lot of posts for these mods talk a lot about the game just breaking if they're not running a specific version of Andromeda, so fuck knows how any of this will turn out lol

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    All you need is Frosty Mod Manager, and everything kind of takes care of itself. It shows you what mods you're running and if they overlap with others. The only catch I saw was that I needed to run the game from the mod manager every time, but that's not much if you know how to make a shortcut icon.

edit: Here's a list of the ones I ran, though you'll have to download them on Nexus yourself.
    -Balanced Guns
    -Better Squad
    -Faster Kadara Doors
    -MEA Fixpack
    -Melee Weapon Boost
    -Powers Balanced/Boosted
    -Shorter Landing & Departure
    -Shut up Addison (removes her ambient dialog every time you enter Ops)
    -Shut up SAM (stops telling you how cold Voeld is unless it affects your health)
    -Skip BioWare logo
    -Tempest Superstore
    -Weapon Range Increase
    -Weight Cooldown

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I definitely have a good portion of those, since those provide some significant mechanical changes. I loaded up the Fixpack up at the very start though

The good news is that mod managers seem to have come a long way since I last dabbled in it, and Frosty's seems very user friendly (if not completely idiot-proof) for most situations. The biggest thing is being smart about load orders, and/or extremely confusing documentation by mod creators who have a thousand variants of the same file to download separately except you have to pick and choose.
    Blech.

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    So as an update, I've had a pretty rough time with instability actually getting Mass Effect Andromeda to run via Frosty's after moving the install folder to SSD after I thought doing so would help with the game just completely locking up during the opening cutscene. Fixed that by clearing the \ModData subfolder and re-applying the mod, but now the game is about 40 minutes in and completely locks up attempting to reload a save on Habitat 7.

It was pretty slick when it was working and I haven't had actual in-game crashes while playing, just loading problems that stop the game from actually starting up which is a real bummer

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I do not remember that.

I mean, I remember the Consort automatically banging the player if you mildly dislike her monologue, but not that. That's kind of hilarious.

Somehow, I totally missed this.

I remember it took me forever to beat ME1.

Is Andromeda pretty much patched up now?

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I do not remember that.

Somehow, I totally missed this.

I remember it took me forever to beat ME1.

Is Andromeda pretty much patched up now?

I played last year and didn't have any major issues. I'd say it's pretty stable.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Andromeda is as patched as it's going to get at this point. I think the MP doesn't work anymore though, so you won't be able to do that.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Andromeda is as patched as it's going to get at this point. I think the MP doesn't work anymore though, so you won't be able to do that.

Why would you think that? It doesn't use Gamespy and, say what you will about EA, they tend to keep their multiplayer servers for their older games running.

Also, literally 10 posts I mentioned I just started playing multiplayer. Matchmaker was real quick, too, and over the course of 6-8 matches, never ran into repeat team members unless we stuck around and intentionally continued on to the next round with the same party.

EDIT - and I don't mean that to sound as snarky as it sounds when I re-read it...I do wonder why you would think multiplayer was switched off or if there was rumblings that it was being planned to switched off.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
This discussion has been closed.