As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Great Works

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Great Works

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    ValeroisValerois Registered User regular
    Aw, this is both funny and cute. Hang in there Gabe, holes are an important part of the experience.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I enjoy the tin-can-on-a-string phone. Nice touch.

• Options
    lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    Oof...this one hits close.

• Options
    KaitensatsumaKaitensatsuma Registered User regular
    That's basically what I do in Terraria.

Dig a hole.
    A big, big hole.
    Make a few houses for people.
    KEEP MAKING HOLES.

But then I'm a problem solver, not a creative. You give me the tools, I'll figure out the optimal platform set up for the Moon Lord boss fight.

I make things "Pretty Functional", not "Pretty"

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    That's basically what I do in Terraria.

Dig a hole.
    A big, big hole.
    Make a few houses for people.
    KEEP MAKING HOLES.

But then I'm a problem solver, not a creative. You give me the tools, I'll figure out the optimal platform set up for the Moon Lord boss fight.

I make things "Pretty Functional", not "Pretty"

I did once make a pretty nice floating castle in Terraria.
    Then I joined my friend's server and he had like a two headed dragon tower that spewed water and lava.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jgr9Jgr9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I mean, is the Minecraft Space Elevator really that impressive?....

Looking on the bright side.

Jgr9 on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Oof...this one hits close.

Yeah I tried minecraft and that was pretty much the limit of my ability and that was "yep not for me."

Like anytime you can build anything in a game I put up a house that would make Little Bill look like a master craftsman.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    TIL that's how you spell "while" as a verb

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    It's been a few years since I played Minecraft, but to be honest, I always enjoyed exploring caves and gathering up resources more than building grand structures. I guess it was just a relaxing activity.

My Minecraft guy should probably be a dwarf since I spend most of the time in whatever cave I decide to set up "home base" in -- methodically digging out diagonal shafts down to the bedrock, looking for diamonds, or whatever new caverns I might happen to open up.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Well, there’s always Twitter. The ability to find yourself in a hole, and keep digging, would appear to qualify one as part of their target demographic.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Jgr9 wrote: »
    I mean, is the Minecraft Space Elevator really that impressive?....

Looking on the bright side.

With the right mod that space elevator could be a fully functional jumping-off point to other planets.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Well, there’s always Twitter. The ability to find yourself in a hole, and keep digging, would appear to qualify one as part of their target demographic.

Yes, Mike played that game for part of his life as well.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »

Yes, Mike played that game for part of his life as well.

283628430_FxJSk-L-2.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    To be fair doing anything building wise in minecraft is tedious.