As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Of that list, Grendel is like 2 orders of magnitude more annoying to get than baruuk or revenant. I still haven't bothered, myself.

Still not as bad as khora though

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I got lucky.

I was in recruitment chat for something else, toroid farming I think, when some guy said, "Need squad for Grendel missions. Already have the keys."

The defense mission was really the only one that required any special strategy. We had to keep one enemy alive at the end of a wave to let the objective refill its health. The other two missions we just played normally and didn't have any problems.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    In today's installment of Zoom is Weird, I really don't care for Viral as a proc and don't like that it seems to have taken the lead in the current meta. Not for mechanical reasons, oh no, that would be far too sensible.

1. A virus that infects and replicates fast enough to make a difference in combats lasting single-digit seconds is firmly in the realm of fucking magic (so throw it on the pile of how Tenno break science and/or reality, I guess).
    2. See my other issues regarding sickness and/or the Space Cancer.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I got lucky.

I was in recruitment chat for something else, toroid farming I think, when some guy said, "Need squad for Grendel missions. Already have the keys."

The defense mission was really the only one that required any special strategy. We had to keep one enemy alive at the end of a wave to let the objective refill its health. The other two missions we just played normally and didn't have any problems.

Same here. I used Hildryn, she seemed to scale pretty well.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I used viral almost all the time anyway, lol... I got tired of corrosive.

I don't think I got updates on it. some games do, some don't. will check later

Oh good, since it went from "good, they take a 50% health hit" to "jesus christ, they take a stacking debuff up to about 350% more damage". A viral ignis wraith is... Something to behold. Especially with Hunter Munitions.

• Options
    So it looks like Nightwave made some mods that were formerly Conclave-exclusive available for cred purchase as well.

My obsessions working as they are, this means that I now need to start grinding the Conclave to get them.

• Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    1. A virus that infects and replicates fast enough to make a difference in combats lasting single-digit seconds is firmly in the realm of fucking magic (so throw it on the pile of how Tenno break science and/or reality, I guess).
    My head canon is that 'viral' is actually more like a payload of attack nanites designed to adapt to the target and cause as much internal damage as they can. Not that much more realistic, but easier to suspend disbelief for me.

Not that this would be much better under your point 2), I suppose.

Dakkareth on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Dakkareth wrote: »
    My head canon is that 'viral' is actually more like a payload of attack nanites designed to adapt to the target and cause as much internal damage as they can. Not that much more realistic, but easier to suspend disbelief for me.

yeah, that's pretty much only one or two steps removed from the technovirus of the setting. :(

EDIT per edits below: makes sense. so, not touching it, sticking with Corrosive.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Dakkareth wrote: »

yeah, that's pretty much only one or two steps removed from the technovirus of the setting. :(

Note that the Infested health type has 50% resistance to it, while Machinery only gets 25% and Robotic doesn't have any.

edit: Also note that of the 5 weapons that have innate viral damage, 4 are infested (the other is a weird Sentient hybrid thing).

jothki on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    And now for OSN, Origin System News...

Tenno, again violating treaties against bioweapon warfare? This is what grineer Bipp Bopp had to say
    "Tenno skoom gonna rousa shooty skiff..."
    Translator: "They're just going around, shooting up ships, people and Hek knows what with their technocyte virus weapons. It's irresponsible, dangerous and immoral. Not only is it cruel, but who knows what the long-term consequences are?"

Honorius Clay, temporary spokesman for the Lotus had this to say
    "Neither the tenno nor the Lotus have ever signed any of those treaties, and we firmly oppose the view that either the Corpus nor the Grineer have any right to apply those treaties or the misguided morals within them to the free peoples of the Origin system."

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Of that list, Grendel is like 2 orders of magnitude more annoying to get than baruuk or revenant. I still haven't bothered, myself.

Still not as bad as khora though

Grendel is stupidly easy as long as you have access to arbitration missions and can get the beacons on your own.

Yeah, you have to do three missions without mods. But the part drops are 100% and you can cheese all of the missions by bringing a melee weapon with a high damage heavy slam attack because then you can just jump heavy slam your way through them.

Seriously, I just spent an hour and a half trying to get my brother the parts to Loki. I could have gotten him Grendel in half that time if I already had all three beacons.

• Options
    Went with Baruuk. Got his 4 augment. Boy, he punches good. Better if I could fit both umbra mods in, but not too shabby even only at 160% crit.

It's especially nice when I accidentally punch something way the shit over that way and it still dies. Or I found this Chun-li kick move that fuckin' LAUNCHES dudes, even at range.

I like punching dudes into space.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    So it looks like Nightwave made some mods that were formerly Conclave-exclusive available for cred purchase as well.

My obsessions working as they are, this means that I now need to start grinding the Conclave to get them.

Check the cred offerings on nightwave each week. A selection of those mods will be in there for purchase with nightwave creds.

• Options
    Also, MR24 get. Kind of a weird one in that the test involved spoiler mode but I don't know if I was supposed to have my actual gear or not? When I practiced it and when I qualified, I'd start with some crappy default gear. Then if I died once I'd have my actual gear and waste everything in sight like it was nothing.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

Check the cred offerings on nightwave each week. A selection of those mods will be in there for purchase with nightwave creds.

Considering jothki references the cred-purchases, I think their point is that they’ll feel obligated to acquire all Conclave mods once they start acquiring some.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »

Considering jothki references the cred-purchases, I think their point is that they’ll feel obligated to acquire all Conclave mods once they start acquiring some.

looks like I'm a little short on caffeine this morning.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Also, MR24 get. Kind of a weird one in that the test involved spoiler mode but I don't know if I was supposed to have my actual gear or not? When I practiced it and when I qualified, I'd start with some crappy default gear. Then if I died once I'd have my actual gear and waste everything in sight like it was nothing.

That test was made before Spoiler mode got to have gear. It was rough going.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Speaking of spoiler mode, did the big status rework accidentally remove void status altogether? I haven't seen a single enemy get inflicted with it a long time.

It's a little annoying since my amp is built around a combination of high status and rapid fire.

• Options
    Speaking of spoiler mode, did the big status rework accidentally remove void status altogether? I haven't seen a single enemy get inflicted with it a long time.

It's a little annoying since my amp is built around a combination of high status and rapid fire.

There was a Void Status? I knew Void Damage was its own special something for fighting Eidolons, but I don't remember a related status-effect.

• Options

There was a Void Status? I knew Void Damage was its own special something for fighting Eidolons, but I don't remember a related status-effect.

Yes, void damage has, or rather had, it's own status effect. It basically worked the same way as Mag's Magnetize ability.

I assume DE simply overlooked it in their grand status rework and haven't fixed it yet because not enough people are yelling about it to make them aware of the problem. What kind of weirdo uses an amp against enemies who aren't status-immune anyway?

• Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

That test was made before Spoiler mode got to have gear. It was rough going.

known "bug". Frankly, I think the test as it's "meant" to be is hot bullshit, and dying once (on purpose or accident) and cheesing it is definitely the way to go. :P

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    the lion roars

unknown.png?width=1123&height=340
    unknown.png?width=260&height=375

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    a. That's a crazy boom power.
    b. Doesn't fatal acceleration make it really hard to hit with the grenade? Although I suppose you primarily use it as a crit-stick.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Learning limbo

Did not know there was a dodge button.

In possession of many forma but few reactors.

Zenith is the light

• Options
    a. That's a crazy boom power.
    b. Doesn't fatal acceleration make it really hard to hit with the grenade? Although I suppose you primarily use it as a crit-stick.

doubleclick alt fire

• Options

Not all Conclave mods, I still don't care about Conclave in the slightest. I just don't want to spend the limited amount of cred that I have on something that I could spend days grinding for, when I could instead be spending it on things that I could buy for 10 platinum each if I ever actually managed to run out of them.

Given that I'm on the Switch, though, I may not actually have a choice here.

• Options
    ... I just spend it all on Nitain and Kuva.

• Options
    I though about running 2 piece vigilante on Corinth prime now that that's doable with exilus slot but didn't feel like doing even more forma on top of not being sure if i could fit everything

Plus it probably would have been outright overkill and fatal acceleration is a nice qol

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    I though about running 2 piece vigilante on Corinth prime now that that's doable with exilus slot but didn't feel like doing even more forma on top of not being sure if i could fit everything

Plus it probably would have been outright overkill and fatal acceleration is a nice qol

When I have all the vigilante mods on my sentinel that I can put there, it shows up on the single mod I put on my warframe weapon. Is that illusory, or can you get away with a single mod that takes advantage of all the ones on your sentinel?

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    kralizecc wrote: »

When I have all the vigilante mods on my sentinel that I can put there, it shows up on the single mod I put on my warframe weapon. Is that illusory, or can you get away with a single mod that takes advantage of all the ones on your sentinel?

I would assume it works for vigilante as well. Pretty sure people use the deconstructor as a melee stat stick with gladiator set mods the same way.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    As I have mentioned many times in the past, I have a dream of one day forma'ing every warframe in the game to use a max ability strength build.

This means my Loki has always been hilariously terrible. For those who don't know, Loki's Radial Disarm ability deals a small amount of damage to enemies who are already unarmed by default, mostly Infested, but also things like Ospreys and Rollers. This damage is the only thing modified by ability strength on an unaugmented Loki. With the proper build and under ideal conditions, you can increase this damage from 500 to a whopping 1990. That's almost 2K damage to only some enemies at best.

And until the latest update, none of Loki's augments benefitted from ability strength either. But thanks to the new conclave mods being brought over to PvE, Loki finally has a new way to utilize ability strength.

And it somehow makes him even worse than not having any mods at all.

Deceptive Bond is an augment mod that, by default, causes Loki and his summoned Decoy to redirect 50% of the damage they take to each other. This makes it harder for enemies to focus fire down either Loki or the Decoy since their health pools are shared.

At ability strength 200% or higher, however, Loki and his Decoy will redirect all the damage they receive to each other. Now, for those unfamiliar with the behavior of Loki's Decoy, its purpose, as the name implies, is to draw enemy fire. Meaning it mostly just stands there, out in the open, impotently firing its pretend gun and begging to be shot. This means that unless you cast your Decoy in a closet somewhere, enemies will shoot at it and they will hit it. With Deceptive Bond and the necessary amount of ability strength, the Decoy will take no damage from enemies attacking it directly, meaning more and more enemies will gather around it and unload their ammo reserves. As a result, your health will deplete faster and faster until you are inevitably downed. Congratulations, you just used 32 energy to commit suicide.

But what about the other potential use case for this mod? You can't tank for the Decoy, but maybe the Decoy can tank for you? Let's say you do go to the trouble of casting your Decoy in a closet where enemies probably won't find it. How much damage can it soak up? Loki's decoy has 400 shields, 200 health, and no armor. These stats are unmodifiable. Compare that to Rhino's Iron Skin which, unmodified, gives Rhino 1200 extra health and doesn't come with the risk of a stray enemy sapping all your health away from the other side of the map. And since you're using the Transient Fortitude mod, you've only got 18 seconds after hiding your Decoy somewhere to take 600 damage worth of hits before the Decoy just disappears anyway, whether you took damage or not.

And absolutely none of what I said in the above paragraph even matters, because Loki's Decoy already has an augment specifically designed for PvE that does this exact job much better. Savior Decoy sacrifices Loki's summoned Decoy if he takes fatal damage, meaning the Decoy can tank any amount of damage as long as Loki has enough energy to cast another one. The only reason anyone would ever even attempt to use Deceptive Bond over Savior Decoy is if they were desperate to somehow make high ability strength a viable build for every warframe.

Now, it may sound like I'm complaining, but I'm actually pretty amused with how things turned out. If DE ever makes a mission where the objective is to mildly annoy some Chargers and then kill myself, I'll have the perfect frame for the job.

Ivan Hunger on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Got my first riven mod, but the damn thing is a pain in the ass to unveil. Even when I swear I fulfilled the requirements it doesn't show it. Mine has the 'Complete a defense mission with level 30 or higher enemies without the objective taking damage', and I thought I just did. I never got the failure notification, and I can't check the status to double check on the Extract/Battle screen. Usually I just end up game with people that are not paying enough attention and something gets through.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Got my first riven mod, but the damn thing is a pain in the ass to unveil. Even when I swear I fulfilled the requirements it doesn't show it. Mine has the 'Complete a defense mission with level 30 or higher enemies without the objective taking damage', and I thought I just did. I never got the failure notification, and I can't check the status to double check on the Extract/Battle screen. Usually I just end up game with people that are not paying enough attention and something gets through.

that's definitely a really annoying one

the easiest way to clear that would probably be to get a pal or clan member and have one person run frost and the other mesa

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Vauban also works pretty well. The infested defense on Eris makes it pretty easy.

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular

that's definitely a really annoying one

the easiest way to clear that would probably be to get a pal or clan member and have one person run frost and the other mesa
    ... Add a Limbo into the mix and the target is NEVER taking any damage. But of course, that means that you have to have two or three actual friends ... My only friends are PUGs and they NEVER bring the right frames.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    I solo that objective with Limbo, though doing so demands a certain amount of endgame gear I suppose. But the basic idea is to spec for Duration, go to the Dark Sector Defense on Eris, and 4 + 2 = no enemy ever gets close to the Defense Coffin. I can't exactly recall how Limbo's mechanics work, but I think you have to be able to kill the stopped enemies quickly in order to prevent overloading the stop-time function.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular

I can help you with that, I think I've seen you on pc? I'll be on at about 5 or 6 pm pacific

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »

I can help you with that, I think I've seen you on pc? I'll be on at about 5 or 6 pm pacific

Yeah, I am on PC. Hopping on for a little bit before I make dinner.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Must rebuild my stock of ciphers because event ate them all.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Must rebuild my stock of ciphers because event ate them all.

ciphers are for the weak

Also the people who pug a spy sortie and then freeze from panic when they realize they can't use a cipher and send everyone back to their orbiter :P

This discussion has been closed.