As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I was wondering why they were pushing Hanbin. I didn't even think about hiding D.va's footstep sounds. That's incredible.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/1CFswa64SB0

starting in season 23, comp will have the option for both role queue and open queue

uc3ufTB.png
    I'm more excited for support balance and Junkrat and Bastion changes.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    oh sure, that's just what the enemy team would expect

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    new experimental card:
    Ana
    Biotic Rifle
    Healing reduced from 75 to 70

Bastion
    Configuration: Sentry
    Spread decreased 10%
    Shots until max spread reduction lowered from 60 to 40

Self-Repair
    Resource drain rate increased 20%
    Healing per second increased from 75 to 90

Junkrat
    Frag Launcher
    Projectiles maintains slightly more velocity on ricochet

Concussion Mine
    Projectile speed increased from 20 to 25
    Ricochet distance off of enemy players greatly reduced

Total Mayhem
    Bomb detonation time reduced from 1 sec to 0.7
    Bombs spread increased 50%

Mercy
    Caduceus Staff
    Healing per second increased from 50 to 55

Moira
    Biotic Orb
    Damage radius reduced from 5 to 4 meters
    Projectile speed increased from 16 to 20
    Projectile duration reduced from 10 to 7 seconds

Zenyatta
    Orb of Discord
    Damage amplification increased from 25% to 30%

uc3ufTB.png
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I am on board with like, most of this

Ok to be fair I don't really care about Bastion, and I'm not sure that Ana or Mercy needed changes...but I am on board with Moira nerfs and Zenyatta buffs.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    My new favorite thing in Mystery Heroes is people being accused of using aimbots. In Mystery Heroes. Well, it happened to me yesterday, because of this:
    I knew the Widow was there because they had eliminated me as Ana and Brigitte previously. I wish I knew that replays don't capture chat, because it was pretty silly.

EDIT: The Widow was camping. . . do the kids still say "camping"?

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.

congrats to slime for being the first ex-titan to find a new home

uc3ufTB.png
    edited May 2020
    I really wanted Charge to grab him. Hopefully they've got some good info on Neptuno's visa renewal.

Edit: also this

5jh5yyzmbry41.jpg

SirToasty on
    if anyone wants to play some OW the PA group's goin'.

kana#12104

• SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Looks different than the leaked version but I like this one more.

edited May 2020
    kind of wish it had the slackjawed open mouth from the comic, but it's still good

now let's see some new dance emotes

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I am stunned that Ana got nerfed, but the nerf wasn't to her nade, which is easily the strongest part of her kit and might be the best ability in the game

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I am stunned that Ana got nerfed, but the nerf wasn't to her nade, which is easily the strongest part of her kit and might be the best ability in the game

i honestly don't think her nade really needs any nerfing. it's only the best ability when you use it perfectly, it's mostly average in most people's hands, and the super-long cooldown means you already have to be smart about using it

it's an ability that rewards skillful play, it feels really satisfying when you use it well, it's fun to watch other people use it well (a rarity among supports), and it doesn't really feel cheap when you're on the other side of it (compared to say lamp or orb). it's exactly the kind of ability I think they should leave alone unless it's clearly and egregiously broken (which I don't think nade is)

Houk the Namebringer on
    You don't need to use it perfectly, splashing it on a wall near the enemy frontlne will win your team a fight.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    You don't need to use it perfectly, splashing it on a wall near the enemy frontlne will win your team a fight.

depending on a whole slew of factors, sure. you could also misjudge just a little bit and have it do nothing.

Or your "teammate" gets in front of you just as you were about to launch a grenade to save your tank and NOW THEY'RE DEAD GOD DAMN IT

Baidol wrote: »
    Or your "teammate" gets in front of you just as you were about to launch a grenade to save your tank and NOW THEY'RE DEAD GOD DAMN IT

This is 99% of situations.

• SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular

...Is there something you want to talk about?

edited May 2020

even better, your teammate moves like too close to your shoulder and you can't even see him on screen but you throw and instant SPLASH

Kana on
    But fer real yes ana nade is one of the best abilities in the game and has fight-winning potential, but it also has a good amount of pretty simple counterplay and it's a key part of her kit

...Is there something you want to talk about?

I CAN'T because I'M DEAD

Last fight. Sideshow has grav. But more importantly, he has an idea...

https://clips.twitch.tv/NeighborlyBoredHabaneroCorgiDerp

ZD98Zka.png
    the PA group is playing again if anyone wants some games

Kana#12104

god damn seoul is trash

edited May 2020
    I saw a lot of people eager to jump back on the hype train when they beat Shanghai and I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt against the completely unpredictable Chengdu Hunters

but no. they are just bad. they're about as coordinated as my ladder games where nobody's in team chat

Houk the Namebringer on
    Mayhem vs. Justice

Something is up and Jake appears to be sucking the bandwidth of the partner caster as ZP and Uber both could not cast without significant lag. Jake has. not. stopped. talking. and Sideshow/Bren on a companion stream are laughing their asses off.

• Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Jake did an absolutely great job at solo casting that. Also Washington/Florida spoilers
    Holy fuck, Yaki. Three Echo-Rein shatters in a single ult.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
    edited May 2020
    Annnnnd five minutes after the end of the match they finally throw the cast away from Jake

Baidol on
    Now here's a scary realization:

Next week is Vancouver vs Boston

It's the toilet-iest toilet bowl to ever pooh itself

Mayhem vs. Justice

Something is up and Jake appears to be sucking the bandwidth of the partner caster as ZP and Uber both could not cast without significant lag. Jake has. not. stopped. talking. and Sideshow/Bren on a companion stream are laughing their asses off.

uc3ufTB.png
    Today I learned Bren did not know the etymology of 1337.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Mayhem vs. Justice

BOS vs. LAG
    Surprisingly competitive from Boston.

LAG vs Boston is never going to end

I was going to go do dishes like an hour ago

edited May 2020
    BOS vs. LAG
    Sideshow bet their chat 20 gifted subs that Boston would lose. Having gifted the subs, Sideshow is now in the midst of a Level 6 hype scam train as chat is just dumping bits and subs.

Edit: 120 subs and 6000 bits lollllllllll

Baidol on
This discussion has been closed.