As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PlayStation Plus Help

AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriumsPlateau of LengRegistered User regular
edited May 2020 in Help / Advice Forum
I can’t buy things from store country region locking blah blah. If I was to set up an account with PS plus and download games through it etc, would I be able to access those games and play online multiplayer on my account on same console? Or would it not allow it?

So account A is a ps plus member, can other accounts B, C on that primary console play multiplayer and the PS Plus games?

Edit: Why is their site telling me automatic patching of games is a PS+ feature?

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
Aegeri on

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    It has been a while so I can't say for sure that it will work, however I did use to have three PS accounts and it worked fine. I had an Asian one, a US one and then my main one here in Europe. Now it must be said that this was to access demo version of games which wasn't available in my own region, so if that made a difference I can not say. Note - I did have to create extra mail accounts in order to create those PS accounts.

Note on the patching thing. my best guess is that the "idea" is you must be a paying customer to have the service, it has not always been like that with Sony while with Microsoft if was so since day 1 with the original XBOX. I suppose in one way it makes sense if you accept that playing online requires a subscription, since those playing most all be on the same patch.

Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I'll echo that I've created multiple accounts in other regions to look at demos. That worked fine.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I have actually just gone and done this, I can confirm the following is true!

A) I DO have access to all the Australian bought games, DLC and similar bought on that account with my NZ account on the same console. As long as the Australian account has this PS4 as the primary console it is perfectly fine.

B) PS+ bought on the Aussie account does grant me access to multiplayer on the NZ account, but does not help me get my old PS+ stuff back. This is an acceptable sacrifice in the end.

Stuff still downloads and patches on my account, so I have no idea what that thing above about auto patching is about.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »

A) I DO have access to all the Australian bought games, DLC and similar bought on that account with my NZ account on the same console. As long as the Australian account has this PS4 as the primary console it is perfectly fine.

B) PS+ bought on the Aussie account does grant me access to multiplayer on the NZ account, but does not help me get my old PS+ stuff back. This is an acceptable sacrifice in the end.

Stuff still downloads and patches on my account, so I have no idea what that thing above about auto patching is about.

Background downloading while your PS4 is in rest mode is a plus exclusive feature. It will always download patches and updated while it is on.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »

Background downloading while your PS4 is in rest mode is a plus exclusive feature. It will always download patches and updated while it is on.

Interesting! Thanks for answering that question for me. Now I know why my Borderlands 3 DLC wasn't working - because it hadn't downloaded in the background.