As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Eldritch Horror PbP - Game Over - Yog-Sothoth Victory] Travel the world, go insane.

• Options
    DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Geth roll 4d6t5 to prove my innocence

to prove my innocence:
    4d6t5 1 [4d6t5=5, 4, 1, 2]

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I'll take a crack at the gate.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    @Daemonis convinces the Japanese courts, who immediately travel the world looking for naughty people to arrest. They sadly don't find any though, as the skeleton is toughness 2.

@Auralynx goes to Yuggoth, but does Leo dare to tread where the local Mi-Go will not?
    mhgfj37m0dbm.png

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I mean, what kind of Expedition Leader wouldn't explore the green pyramids?

Geth, roll 3d6t5 for Green Pyramid.

Green Pyramid:
    3d6t5 0 [3d6t5=1, 4, 2]

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Me, apparently. Let's see if I can survive in the wilderness at least.

Geth roll 4d6t5 for Plutonian Survivalism

Plutonian Survivalism:
    4d6t5 2 [4d6t5=6, 2, 5, 4]

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    edited May 2020
    So no gain, but no loss. Leo runs screaming from the pyramids, but has no trouble living off the land in the desert.

So time for Mythos. And it's a doozy.
    x28ahy1cwnxg.png

Omen advances to Green, but there are no green gates on the board.
    Then the Reckoning.

The Ancient One triggers. @Auralynx must decide to either advance doom by 1 or discard 1 spell. @Daemonis has no spells, so doom advances by 1 to 11 automatically.

Then player cards.
    @Phyphor must roll a dice to see if Norman stays blessed. 3+ is good here.
    @Auralynx must roll 1 dice to see if the Conspiracy Theorist is on to something. 4+ to gain a clue.
    And finally the good one. @jdarksun to roll 1 dice and see if the Dark Pact comes due. 2+ and everyone is safe.

A gate and cultist spawn in London. Then everyone is driven to madness. @jdarksun and @Auralynx must decide what to do with their allies. For each ally you don't discard, you'll lose 1 Sanity.

Given there'll be quite a few changes here, I'll update the overall pics once everyone has made their decisions and rolls. @Phyphor can also decide if someone else should become Lead Investigator, or if Norman is happy with the job.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Well, that's basically the inventory apocalypse for me.

Discard all applicable things.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Geth roll 1d6t4 for Final Conspiracy

Final Conspiracy:
    1d6t4 0 [1d6t4=1]

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d6

1d6 4 [1d6=4]

• Options
    Sorry for the delays, let's just say I've got my own little Star Spawn to deal with now.

Board updates:
    flqx62xyjv24.jpg

Ancient One:
    kwcwx0eif88a.jpg

@jdarksun
    j55bmdcff5q0.jpg

@Phyphor (Lead Investigator, Blessed)
    iv1jgccz4idz.jpg

@Daemonis
    q0s2859k8nth.jpg

@Auralynx
    ezwjv6l9sy8a.jpg

Good luck!

• Options
    I shouldn't have Conjuration anymore.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I shouldn't have Conjuration anymore.

Forgot about that, it's been a while. I fix it up and update soon.

• Options
    Actions:
    1. Move to Buenos Aires
    2. Cast Blessing of Isis

Geth, roll 2d6 for Blessing of Isis

Blessing of Isis:
    2d6 7 [2d6=5, 2]

• Options
  • Options
    So are we trading spells @jdarksun?

• Options
  • Options
    1. Trade with jdark. Take flesh ward & shriveling. Give both clues
    2. Rest
    Clue encounter with the outback

• Options
    Next turn I can probably go beat up that skeleton with shriveling

• Options
    1. Move to 20
    2. Aquire assets
    Geth roll 4d6t5 for assets

assets:
    4d6t5 1 [4d6t5=4, 1, 4, 6]

• Options
    Geth roll 2d6t5 using a clue

using a clue:
    2d6t5 1 [2d6t5=6, 1]

• Options
    2 successes, get Private Care.

Clue encounter.
    @Auralynx

• Options
    edited May 2020
    1 Rest
    2 Use my board action.

Geth roll 2d6t5 for Recruitment

E: Bummer

Recruitment:
    2d6t5 0 [2d6t5=4, 4]

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    edited May 2020
    @Phyphor One or both Flesh Wards? @jdarksun has 2. If one, which one? The old, known quantity, or the new one? Also you should roll for your clairvoyance now.

@Daemonis buys personal care, healing to full, and it's replaced by a Vatican Missionary

@Auralynx nothing particularly happens.

@jdarksun becomes blessed, at the cost of one health. Do you wish to discard one of your newly gained clues (and the spell) to progress the mystery?
    jb53hqpr7oo6.png

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Do I have a clue? I didn't think I had a clue.

Edit: oh dang phyphor gave me clues! anybody want to weigh in on keeping this Blessing? it's a particularly good one IF we can get 3+ successes AND there are multiple investigators in one place.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    I'll take the new one I guess
    Geth roll 5d6t4

3+ successes at -1 is pretty hard, but I could maybe do it. Odds are low though, 1/4 I think?

5d6t4 2 [5d6t4=3, 4, 2, 1, 5]

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    3+ successes at -1 is pretty hard, but I could maybe do it. Odds are low though, 1/4 I think?
    Hm, yeah, it's pretty unlikely.

Discard Blessing of Isis and a Clue for the Mystery.

• Options
    Alright, halfway through the first mystery. Two more spells to go.

Now encounters.

@Phyphor finds that traveling to Australia, even telepathically, is still quite dangerous for the mind even if you get the spell right (no other effects from the spell).
    136fn29hnzxf.png

@Daemonis has a chat with cultist boss Carl Sanford.
    54627yd8cxkd.png

@Auralynx are you trying the gate again? Or Just hanging out in Tokyo?

@jdarksun finds the arts captivating.
    jchoejfm4685.png

• Options
    Geth roll 5d6t4

5d6t4 3 [5d6t4=4, 3, 3, 5, 5]

• Options
    Should I keep beating my head against the wall here? I guess so, let's hit the gate.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
  • Options
    (also, in general - if anybody gets hurt, i'll pop flesh ward and spend a clue on it for the mystery)

• Options
    Geth roll 4d6t5 to gain a Clue

to gain a Clue:
    4d6t5 0 [4d6t5=2, 2, 3, 2]

• Options
    Meh, that sucks. I cann't roll for Lantern now, correct?

• Options
    @Daemonis Unfortunately not. You need to use the lantern when you roll, you can't add a dice after the fact.

@Auralynx goes fishing and catches more than was bargained for.
    3u0cxpcbg08a.png

• Options
    @Auralynx Hey, you still around?

• Options
    edited May 2020
    @Chrysis

Yes! But waiting on a tag I've apparently already gotten! My fault!

Geth roll 3d6t5 for Panic

Geth roll 2d6t5 for Option A

Geth roll 1d6t5 for Option B

E: Okay, at least those rolls might've been worth waiting for. Finally got the gate out of the way.

Panic:
    3d6t5 2 [3d6t5=3, 5, 6]
    Option A:
    2d6t5 1 [2d6t5=5, 1]
    Option B:
    1d6t5 1 [1d6t5=6]

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    @Phyphor gains a clue.
    @Daemonis helps Carl open a gate in Rome, accompanied by an Elder Things, which promptly buggers off to Anatarctica.
    @Auralynx runs screaming, but in a deliberate fashion, slamming the gate closed behind him.
    @jdarksun watches the play with interest, learning Shriveling. Also keep in mind you're blessed, so it's t4 not t5 for now.

And with that, the Mythos phase.

qvd0ggpkwm7d.png

Omen advances to Blue. There's one blue gate in London, so doom advances 1 to 10. Monsters then promptly pour out of the London gate. London is now infested by a Warlock in addition to the cultist, and some Serpent People who race off to The Amazon. Clues spawn in Arkham and the ocean off San Francisco (space 2).

Then social distancing requirements hit hard, and all the shops close. The reserve is emptied, and won't refill until the next Mythos with a Reckoning symbol.

@Phyphor, time to lead the investigators in this brave new world.

Board:
    wy5oh26beg3w.jpg

Ancient One:
    nomhyaiwq822.jpg

jdarksun:
    l2mqv4ixu4fl.jpg

Phyphor:
    x01u4d61heyc.jpg

Daemonis:
    rpy5vibbz1c5.jpg

Auralynx:
    j67ygt75eme3.jpg