As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Demon Hunter just has too much fucking draw

It's honestly insane

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    It felt good to dust Hanar for 1600

Decks that slay after the patch:

Tempo warrior ft. execute (one of), deathwing mad aspect and grommash

Stealth Galakrond rogue ft. greyheart sage

Galakrond priest

Highlander hunter

Beasteh wrote: »

Galakrond priest

Highlander hunter

I mean, 1 less health on Hanar doesn't suddenly make him unplayable :p

He is still good and I see no reason to dust him.

DNiDlnb.png
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I think one of my favorite changes is the extra health on Lurker. I really enjoyed Kibler's Dragon Quest Shaman already.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

Galakrond priest

Highlander hunter

The fact that he's a (banked) free Legendary of your choice right now is a pretty good reason to dust him. Always Be Dusting nerfed cards. You can change your mind for free later.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I guess? I always hear that “it’s a free legendary” logic when a nerf like this rolls around. But it’s not free if you dust it and craft something else! If you want the original back you still gotta pay 1600.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    edited May 2020
    Better wait until you're sure you want the other Legendary more than the nerfed one before you do it then!

Edit: "Free" in this sense generally means it's a free opportunity to swap one Legendary for another. Kind of like when people call a Golden Legendary a free Legendary of your choice.

forty on
    I had a whole bunch of duplicates of the nerfed cards (9+ on all of the rares and commons) so I made out like a bandit dust wise from the nerfs.
    I did all right. 11 Sigil Runners and 12 Scavenger's, a few extra rares including a Golden Blackjack Stunner.

forty wrote: »

Galakrond priest

Highlander hunter

The fact that he's a (banked) free Legendary of your choice right now is a pretty good reason to dust him. Always Be Dusting nerfed cards. You can change your mind for free later.

But.... then it makes Rogue unplayable. You don't play Rogue without Hanar!

I still like playing Rogue and I still plan on playing Rogue and this nerf isn't going to suddenly make Rogue bad, so......

There's no reason to dust Hanar?

DNiDlnb.png
    No reason for you, maybe. You do you, Dibby. There are absolutely playable Rogue decks without Hanar.

No reason for you, maybe. You do you, Dibby. There are absolutely playable Rogue decks without Hanar.

i never lie, but i never tell the truth

DNiDlnb.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

And I just threw my hands up and went "I'm done! I'm fucking done."

Yeeeeeeeahhhh. Yeah.

liEt3nH.png

And I just threw my hands up and went "I'm done! I'm fucking done."

Yeeeeeeeahhhh. Yeah.

i mean i do that too when i see my opponent slam Hanar on 2 and i have no answer, yeah

DNiDlnb.png
    edited May 2020
    not quite as bad now that it has 4 health

PS @Dibby i am not missing Hanar at all, replaced his package with some stealthy bois and greyheart sage with double shadowstep

far more consistent draw, and getting multiple copies of flik/togwaggle/kronx puts me in a really good spot vs control

Beasteh on
    edited May 2020
    yeah but Hanar is a fun card and i like jamming out endless secrets

i was running double shadowstep anyway though, heh

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    h e h

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    I guess? I always hear that “it’s a free legendary” logic when a nerf like this rolls around. But it’s not free if you dust it and craft something else! If you want the original back you still gotta pay 1600.

What is a free Legendary is if you had a golden copy and dust it then craft a regular version for 1600.

Like *this guy*.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    For being a 6.67% chance, pharaoh car pulls generous mummy way too fucking often for me.

Also, I thought that the 3/2 rush warrior reborn minion had rotated out, because during my entire climb up with my bonus stars to diamond 6, I haven’t seen it once.

ronzo wrote: »
    For being a 6.67% chance, pharaoh car pulls generous mummy way too fucking often for me.

Also, I thought that the 3/2 rush warrior reborn minion had rotated out, because during my entire climb up with my bonus stars to diamond 6, I haven’t seen it once.

Warrior stopped playing it because Town Crier rotated out. It's a lot less desirable when you don't have a reliable means of tutoring it.

DNiDlnb.png
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »

Warrior stopped playing it because Town Crier rotated out. It's a lot less desirable when you don't have a reliable means of tutoring it.

Right, but in something like 25-30 games, I haven’t seen it once off the cat.

Meanwhile, easily 50% of the time its Generous Mummy, which might be the worst possible option. One match I literally got 3 In a row after playing that 1 mana return all friendly minions to your hand.

Yes Generous Mummy is the fucking Old Maid of Pharaoh Cat. It can easily be a game losing card. Some opponents can punish you ridiculously hard if you dare to play it.

I absolutely hate getting one and having no other cards to play and agonizing over whether I think playing a 3 drop is going to make my opponent win the game.

And Blizzard throws out some more krill for the whales.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Oh boy, golden classic cards, how useable

liEt3nH.png
    Face Hunter face planted hard for me tonight. I'm not sure if it's junk now or if my opponents just got the usual god hands.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Second legend in a row! Almost a third of my last legend point score (19k instead of 56k).

Considering i only played about 5 sessions i think i'm getting much better. (I can only stomach tryharding on ladder when the stars align).

Deck was beaming sidekick demonhunter (and some highlander mage.) It's actually way more intricate than the priestess build and you get to think a lot. Sometimes you flood early and fight for it, sometimes you manage to stick a battlefiend onto a wide enemy board late game and combo into lethal with a fresh warglaives of azzinoth the next turn. And of course sometimes you just send whatever you have face and pray there's no answer.

Lost my first bossfight and the second was just traumatic i think for the poor shaman:

eQzajW9.jpg

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    I did it again!

VjDSSDB.png

This time it feels a bit more earned compared to last month where I jumped on the overpowered Demon Hunter train and meme'd my way to legend from dad legend in a couple of hours.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Oh, VS published a Wild report this weekend that I totally missed: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/wild-vs-data-reaper-report-22/

They've got Odd DH at the top of T1 by a pretty big margin, which is a surprise to me. Secret Mage is slightly favored against it though so I assume that's giving me some bias.

Rest of T1 is Secret Mage, Pirate Warrior, Even Shaman, Odd Paladin, Cubelock, Reno Priest, and Odd Rogue, which is 8/10 classes with a deck in T1. Hunter and Druid don't show up until T3 with Reno Hunter, Spiteful Dragon Hunter, and Jade Druid.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Holy fucking shit I am so tired of getting fucking highrolled in BGs

Like, I triple on 5, I land a Kalecgos, fucking rad here we go, get some decent Dragons get 3 pumps and then get ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SMASHED in the goddamn dick by some lucker motherfucker with the most ridiculous fucking shit I've ever seen. Like full fucking Rivendare build with two Sneeds and a Ghastcoiler and the rest didn't fucking matter I got fucking hosed.

Not to mention a lot of my runs lately have just been like, get absolute fucking crap from the start of the game up to the 7 gold turn, which like, ya can't reroll during those turns! So you just gotta go with whatever they give you! I guess you can reroll on the 7 gold turn, but then you can't up to 3 and you fall the fuck behind. And it's like, okay 5 gold turn and I have a token to sell and LITERALLY my options are Righteous Protector/Micro Machine/Red Whelp. The fuck.

Or I have a run where I'm doing pretty decent, I've been getting good statted minions, and then I run into someone with a Triple Pogo and some shit from Tier 5 and I get fucking whopped. And it's like OKAY I GUESS THAT'S THAT THEN. No fucking way to play around that shit!

The Kalecgos thing actually happened twice today. And I just threw my hands up and went "I'm done! I'm fucking done."

Yeeeeeeeahhhh. Yeah.

Yeah. BG is high rollers galore. And it’s the most fun mode on there. Another reason why I’m waiting for arena on IOS. Late 2020.

Just go deryl and top 4 with T1 minions like every time. It’s both funny and effective.

I thought the optimal parking spot for Deryl was T3.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    Holy fucking shit I am so tired of getting fucking highrolled in BGs

Like, I triple on 5, I land a Kalecgos, fucking rad here we go, get some decent Dragons get 3 pumps and then get ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SMASHED in the goddamn dick by some lucker motherfucker with the most ridiculous fucking shit I've ever seen. Like full fucking Rivendare build with two Sneeds and a Ghastcoiler and the rest didn't fucking matter I got fucking hosed.

Not to mention a lot of my runs lately have just been like, get absolute fucking crap from the start of the game up to the 7 gold turn, which like, ya can't reroll during those turns! So you just gotta go with whatever they give you! I guess you can reroll on the 7 gold turn, but then you can't up to 3 and you fall the fuck behind. And it's like, okay 5 gold turn and I have a token to sell and LITERALLY my options are Righteous Protector/Micro Machine/Red Whelp. The fuck.

Or I have a run where I'm doing pretty decent, I've been getting good statted minions, and then I run into someone with a Triple Pogo and some shit from Tier 5 and I get fucking whopped. And it's like OKAY I GUESS THAT'S THAT THEN. No fucking way to play around that shit!

The Kalecgos thing actually happened twice today. And I just threw my hands up and went "I'm done! I'm fucking done."

Yeeeeeeeahhhh. Yeah.

Yeah. BG is high rollers galore. And it’s the most fun mode on there. Another reason why I’m waiting for arena on IOS. Late 2020.

Just go deryl and top 4 with T1 minions like every time. It’s both funny and effective.
    Well yeah, Deryl and deathwing are pretty much a guaranteed top 4.

Eh, Deathwing not so much since the nerf. If you whiff on a Rat Pack you're often in trouble. There are other heroes with a better top 4 rate than DW.

Well it took a lot longer than I wanted it to but I got there in the end.

cgqnUYC.png?1

Stats:
    BcHt46k.png?1

I played VS's generic Face Hunter from 5-1 in 20ish games, then played another 70 at rank 1. Took a week break, came back today, and played the dragon based one for another 20 to close it out.

I thought the optimal parking spot for Deryl was T3.

Not sure that’s true anymore. Grab the deathrattle beast and dance on divine shields. You can slowly level up when it’s free but generally it’s grab tokens, random deathrattles, and dance. Pretty easy and effective.

edited May 2020
    EYf9Xe7XQAETDZp.png

i sure love it when a divine shield comp just comes together

MVPs were double Mackerel, one hundo percent. legit won me the game just by constantly winning the 50/50 divine shield refresh

edit: oh! they updated the Warband screen to display Taunt properly now, neat

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    EYf9Xe7XQAETDZp.png

i sure love it when a divine shield comp just comes together

MVPs were double Mackerel, one hundo percent. legit won me the game just by constantly winning the 50/50 divine shield refresh

I kinda hate mackerel and would be happy to see it gone since a lot of final matchups boil down to who gets luckier on mackerel RNG.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Gold 5 for the first time ever! Woo!

Last month was my first time ever hitting Diamond 5. :P

edited May 2020
    Brawl this week is Cloneball, where you get a deck full of duplicate Legendaries and occasionally a spell that reduces the cost of one by 3.

My turn 1 was spell, 2x 5/5 Mukklas.
    Their turn 1 was spell, 2x Zentimo, coin, double Banana to buff each to 3/5.
    My turn 2 was trading Mukklas into the Zentimos, Priest hero power heal one Mukkla,
    Their turn 2 was concede.

Thanks for the pack!

forty on
    I know there's a handful of game design people in this thread, Blizz is looking for an initial design person (so mechanics/themes/creativity not balance).

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/ottKcfwC

• morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    So I pulled Shield of Galakrond for Sandhoof Waterbearer in my Galakrond Priest deck and it's 10,000% better. It turns out Sandhoof has a better ETB (gain 5 life) one more point of power, and an upgraded version of Taunt where opponents will always kill it first.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything