As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    That was the design plan yeah. Open up your wallets.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    E6tQshK.png

And Shiva down without too much fuss. Easiest so far for me, but that's no surprise all things considered. Followed it quickly up with two more clears, both of which I recorded since I was doing it while cycling anyway. Both of which I fucked up stuff in the middle. The initial clear went pretty much exactly how I wanted though. I got Orare up early, dispel immediately, Balthier's re-CSB was correctly timed, I used Locke's AOSB and then BUSB instead of futzing around with other stuff, and Tyro actually used Fab Mage to break the initial rage. Pretty sure in one of the recorded ones, I forgot to use Mage completely.

Basically two identical clears here, but maybe sort of interesting in how I fucked up and they diverged quite a bit in the middle. Second one was definitely more/better on script, but Orare should have come out way sooner than it did, and I should've used Locke's AOSB instead of his USB.

Still, it's nuts that Locke and Sabin can and will just punch straight through Shiva's protectga to not just break rage, but cap. Beating out the phase 2 Curadas wasn't a dream after all. A key thing from the initial try was moving Balthier up to slot 1 for the extra meter, but I kind of feel like I could've put Tyro there and had more to entrust. Then again, Balthier's was sort of tight to get his AASB up, so maybe not. Aaaand I should probably ditch Locke's init enFire LMR for his LM2 since damage is negligible before his sync turns on anyway. Aaaand probably do have enough rage breaking with Sabin to let Balthier AOSB in phase 3. Still wouldn't sub 30 it, but might be able to get close. Then again, just one more clear and I'm out. Don't want to mess around with what's working all that much.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    ...hm. I think it’s time for me to grab Magika Orare, now that you mention it.

Here I was, thinking “man. Onion’s crits are working wonders for keeping my team’s damage high, but I can never quite get Dorgann to break the cap with his first turn after Awakening, even when he crits. I need something to boost his damage further. I’ll bet that entrusting to him and making him use his BSB for Imperil is the way to do it!”

When the real answer was staring me in the face, singing Pa-Paya.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Today, I almost said “fuck it, it’s my birthday, I’m going to spend some money on myself and do the Awakening dream select”.

But at the last minute, I thought “I could FFIX on the switch for that same money”, and decided again to hold off.

Didn’t even realize today was the last day for that until now.

Enlong on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Today, I almost said “fuck it, it’s my birthday, I’m going to spend some money on myself and do the Awakening dream select”.

But at the last minute, I thought “I could FFIX on the switch for that same money”, and decided again to hold off.

Especially now that I'm jobless, this is always what holds me back. If it was 10$, sure I'd throw money at this game. But when you can grab a full fledged Final Fantasy for 30$....

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

Happy birthday!

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

Happy birthday!

Thanks. It’s been a weird one for several reasons, but I did get to make myself a nice cake, so that’s fun.

• Options
    Ugh. Valefor's AI is complicated and he apparently takes a zillion turns in a row. I think I can use this as a base though, and it's nice because it doesn't have Squall's HA. I don't have Squall's G+, but I do have his regular glint and Sync, so I doubt I need it. Also, Noel USB2/AASB is far superior to just Kiros USB, although I do have his USB so I could simply duplicate it on that front, or bring in Celes for her identical USB instead, but that would stress the ol' ice spellblades. The QC might be important though, but I very much doubt it. The only other thing is that Noel would have to carry dispel in the place of Icebound's haste-strip. His AASB should be good enough to stretch the hones of just an R5 Icicle Bullet though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeBAx_K38lQ

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Did my XIII draw.

3/11 all discoes
    2x Cid Raines doublecast USB (new, so one dupe)
    Dupe Lightning G+

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Kiros USB is way better than Celes USB. Kiros stacks the aura, he has a non-gacha LM doublecast, and I think his granted quick cast might apply to everything.

Though it's not unlikely many folks would have at least some other Celes SB to combo with it.

• Options
    I mean, technically Celes has a non-gacha dualcast these days; the dualcast LMR is in the lens shop. Dive dualcast is stronger, tho.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Kiros USB is way better than Celes USB. Kiros stacks the aura, he has a non-gacha LM doublecast, and I think his granted quick cast might apply to everything.

Though it's not unlikely many folks would have at least some other Celes SB to combo with it.

Yeah, I just noticed that Kiros's USB's switch draw gives STACKING enIce, which is nutso.

Well, it's a backup in case Noel can't cut it, but I do have his BSB to fall back on. It just means his damage will fall off a little more, but Squall can almost certainly more then pick up the slack.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Holy shit just saw that 500$ whale chase post on Reddit. Bonkers.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    So, I did a few Type-0 pulls because it could potentially land me pieces I'm looking for (phys lightning and mag ice). Got Seven's AASB, which is awkward without another source of en-ice (but she has a bunch of imperil ice in her toolbox, so I'm thinking still useful) and basically Cinque's full kit (Sync and AASB).

So while I still don't quite have a magic Valefor kill, I did just go back and farm a second Ramuh because BOY does a sync make that fight more reliable.

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
  • Options
    Aww, thanks.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I feel like I’m almost there with my Ramuh strategy. What I need now is to find out a way to survive long enough in phase 3 for Tifa to spam out the requisite number of OSBs to close it out. I’m able to save Elarra’s Awakening for that part, but I need to save it to cast after that first Stormlance. Because there’s no chance in Hell that I’m surviving that without Last Stand. I don’t think recasting Wall would help; it hits for over 30k on some folks.

Edit:

A thought occurs. Up til now, I’ve been having Dorgann and Ingus stop using Wrath after turn 3, because I don’t want to overwrite Onion’s ATK buff. But I don’t need to do that for Ingus, do I? He’s my absolute last character to go all in with his Awakening. By the time I need him to be doing Big Numbers, Onion’s USB has long since fallen off, and I’m instead running off of bard buffs from Elarra, and Dorgann’s BSB. So, what if I just have Ingus spam Wrath? He’d build much more meter, he could probably use his BSB2 for some early Radiant Shield action, and I wouldn’t need Onion to give him a precious Entrust that could otherwise go to Elarra. I’m going to try that next time.

Enlong on
  • Options
    ...I just accidentally used a mythril instead of a stamina potion.

Whoops.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Trying ice weak Odin since I have Rinoa sync and awakening, and Edea chain and awakening. Got to magic pixel, thought my last attack took him out, then his count ended and he murdered me. Super frustrating, but I know I can get it. Done for the night though, that was too heartbreaking.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    What the hell is going on in the Stroke of the Brush? Boss durdled a bit, then first attack was for ~11k on the party, insta gibbed everyone.

• Options
    Yeah, bring a dispel and power breakdown.

The latter drops that hit to like 3k per person.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    What the hell is going on in the Stroke of the Brush? Boss durdled a bit, then first attack was for ~11k on the party, insta gibbed everyone.

Start of phase 3 is a +400% Atk buff for 5 seconds, followed by 3000 and then an overflow attack. That second one will gib you if you haven't removed the buff.

He uses it early in phase 1 too. Just... any time Infernal Erupt, immediately debuff his Atk.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    And I've finally got enough shards to make a unique ability.

I'm guessing Squall will be the victor given Valefor is what I face next

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    It's 6s ATK buff, 8s insta-gib if you haven't Power Breakdown.

I also hate how the fight just ends in "success" and wastes your stamina. Just let me retry so I can figure out your bullshit! Don't just end the fight and gives me a pittance.

• Options
    Nobody gets to waste my stamina but me!

(I need to do 3 dungeons before I go to bed, lol).

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Rolled on the 7 discount, because What If Tifa Awakening? Got 2 odd pieces instead. Rude's Glint (Protect, Shell, Major Regen to the party), and Sephiroth's Fire Arcane (3!-hit type).

At this point, I've got a bunch of Fire tools for Sephiroth (Arcane, dual-element OSB, Samurai Dualcast materia), without the all-important Enfire tool. Still holding onto those for such a time as I get his Fire awakening, because pairing that with Zanshin would be hilarious. Then again, I could always get his Enfire Unique, and use it like I used Desch's Enlightning Unique. But then there's Cor and Noctis as competition. Still, always neat to collect new things.

Rude's thing is kind of intriguing. I still haven't really beat the Jenova torment, and this might help. Aerith struggles a lot in that fight with keeping the party not-dead, since I need to forego or delay Protect or Shell in favor of Dispel. Rude, Aerith, and Cid (With Chain) should make a good core for that fight, and then I can beat Jenova up with Sephiroth and Tifa. FFVII-only runs are the only real situation where I'd use that Glint, though. I'm certainly not swapping Ingus out in favor of him in my Earth team for that.

edit:

Oh wait, I did clear Jenova. Hm. I guess this will be good for the Even More Tormenty Torments later.

edit 2: Well, now I have a sub-30 Jenova clear. Dunno if that's more because of Rude or because of Tifa, but it's good.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Three 1* items off the daily draw this week. That means I'm due for three 6* items off the daily draw next week, right? That's how probability works?

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Fry wrote: »
    Three 1* items off the daily draw this week. That means I'm due for three 6* items off the daily draw next week, right? That's how probability works?

I'm around two weeks from going a full year with only one 6* item (last January, Barb's USB).

I kind of doubt I'm going to be getting nothing but 6*s for the next month.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Apparently it's easier to get struck by lightning than getting a Sync off the daily draw so...

• Options
    Lens'd celes's USB so she can refresh enIce. Front row QC seems like it'll be handy, too

• Options

dang, the Tyro and Elarra crit USB combo really is as powerful as advertised (Details at 11). I grabbed both from the lens shop recently, and now I feel like I want to figure out how to use them efficiently. Threading that needle of letting Tyro re-up his USB without having the team die due to lack of Entrusts to Elarra is tricky.

• Options

dang, the Tyro and Elarra crit USB combo really is as powerful as advertised (Details at 11). I grabbed both from the lens shop recently, and now I feel like I want to figure out how to use them efficiently. Threading that needle of letting Tyro re-up his USB without having the team die due to lack of Entrusts to Elarra is tricky.

If you use his buff duration LM2, it lasts 21s after the last time it triggers. One cast might make the end of the fight.

• Options
    Urgh. My spreadsheet is so far out of date again ._.

• Options
    Okay, decided to arbitrarily spend a bunch of legend dives because why the hell am I holding onto over 1000 of every 5* mote?

I've got every doublecast involving bravery motes done now, and I'm stumped as to who else to spend them on.

8 doublecasts left in magic, 6 in physical. I could THEORETICALLY get all of them, but....eeeh.

I've been playing a bit too loose with the 6* motes even given how many they throw at us, though.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/kOREeAUySpE

Magic valefor clear using only lensable SBs aside from Rinoa's AOSB and Serah's chain.

• Options
    Hell. Yes. I did it! Ramuh defeated!
    - Tifa: Sync, OSB, Arcane, Glint (Imperil/Boost Earth) | LMR (Enearth)
    - Ingus: Chain, BSB2, USB, Awakening (not used)
    - Elarra: USB1, USB2, Glint+, Awakening (used right at the end for Last Stand) | LMR(bard medica)
    - Dorgann: Awakening, USB, BSB
    - Tyro: SG, USB4 | LMR(Instant turns)
    - Fabula Mage

Crits are awesome. Boosted crits doubly so.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Pulled XV.

So now I've got Noctis sync... awesome

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Earlier we were talking about How many 6*s to farm up.

This was an interesting read for me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/djfqvf/one_players_experience_with_6_magicite/

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Whew. 4 Ramuhs done,and combined. Now I can set 6-stars aside until I get something that Makes Valefor doable.

Judging by that previous video, one way would be to roll on 13 in hopes of getting Serah's Chain.

• Options
    If you need Valefor stuff, you should probably be rolling on the Ice banner. :X

• Options
    I know I have a Valefor clear, but I haven't been able to find one that matches what I've got well without investing a bunch of crystals in a niche-user ability, either Icebound or Squall's HA. I probably need to just jump in and do it. I can probably hit the sync early and use its C2 to clear tornados relatively well, and then fall back on his AASB for the rest of the fight. It's figuring out how to handle Noel's shit, especially if he's carrying the dispel, that's bugging me. If he just had Celerity 6* access, that'd at least be a second user and I'd feel much better about investing in it.

ztrEPtD.gif