As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: Β»
    If you need Valefor stuff, you should probably be rolling on the Ice banner. :X

I'll be honest, I wasted a ticket on XI hoping for Ayame's AASB.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You are asking an awful lot of your luck!

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hmm, according to Reddit if you want to draw on the next fest, you should start saving Mythril as of this week, but I still have a few more discounted draws to do. Hrmm.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Fry wrote: Β»
    If you need Valefor stuff, you should probably be rolling on the Ice banner. :X

I've already rolled Ice and 8. 13 is the one banner left that I haven't rolled the discount on that has a decent density of Ice prizes (having Snow, Noel, and Serah on it). Other realms that have an ice user mostly has one ice user (II, XI, VI), and I've already rolled on VI.

I'll be rolling on Ice with the next ticket, but I think XIII is my next mythril roll.

Alternatively, I could see how far I can get with Ayame using her BSB and Frostfire Carnage. Last time I tried that, though, I somehow managed less than I did with Squall (using only Snowspell Strike).

Enlong on
    Oh, and I'll definitely be focusing on the discounted banners before saving up for the festival. I've got some stuff I haven't done that can get me a few more mythrils, anyway.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Hmm, according to Reddit if you want to draw on the next fest, you should start saving Mythril as of this week, but I still have a few more discounted draws to do. Hrmm.

The numbers they use are if you want to draw once on each of the five fest banners, all three luckies, and all LotR draws. Although I guess it doesn't include the draw twice pick an AASB banner though. If you're not planning on spending upwards of 450 mythril, you've still got a bit to go.

It's not even a particularly strong fest though. The best banner was the one that put Claire and Noctis's syncs together. The new stuff is mostly pretty meh, and is infected with a lot of off-elemental stuff similar to last fest, like Noel's water AASB, Squall's fire stuff, Lightning's holy stuff, etc.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    Speaking of Ice Tech.

Daily hit. Umaro USB! This one looks pretty solid (En Ice, Attack Boost and chase!) and he has a decent LM2 too! Now, I'd never use him for Valefor without his AASB but hey, I find characters like him fun to use on Torments every now and then.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited May 2020
    Put him, Celes, and Gogo together and you can make a pretty nice FFVI ice-focused team. For bonus points, use Mog for party buffs, and that’ll increase Umaro’s power.

Granted, that requires gogo’s Bubsy.

Enlong on
    YES!!!! IT IS DONE!!!!
    dv5hifsfwunh.png

First time ever I'm up to date on the content. Man, only Sekiro/Dark Souls gets me so hype when I beat a boss fight.

edited May 2020
    Ok...stacked party but hope the insight helps. I studied a bit how that AASBless fight went and the idea is kinda the same. Here's the stacked party and I'm bolding some crucial changes that gave me the win.

Elarra | ACM and Passion Salsa | USB1, G+, BSB (I actually needed the Last Stand for Tyro) | Lionheart
    Tyro doing Tyro things USB3 and DMT. I had Sentinel and AASB just in case I needed the Haste but I ended up just recasting USB3
    Serah | Voltech and Dispel | BSB2, CSB | Knight's Charge
    Edea | Chain Blizzaga and Chillinb Blizzard | AASB, Glint+, USB2 (quickcast) | Much Ice
    Rinoa | Chain Blizzaja and Dark Shiva | Sync, AASB, USB1, G+ | Much Weakness

Fabula Mage

And the VERY suboptimal deck:

Shiva / Healing Boon and Health Boon
    Madeen x2 / Blade, Spell and 2x Health
    Mateus x2 / 2xEmpower Ice and 2xMagic Boon

So, the first thing I realized is that going G+ and AASB straight away meant I ran out of juice during Tornadoes. Going both AASBs during P1 meant I ran out of juice during P2. That's where buying Rinoa's USB1 came into play. I thought for a bit grabbing her BUSB but I think her USB1 interacts way better with her AASB. I don't think I still have the timing on when to use Shiva. On the winning run I used both Fabula and Shiva on tornadoes. One Fabula on Natural Talent to control rage and Shiva on Phase 3 but I think it would be better if I just use it during Phase 2

The rough turn order went kinda like:

Rinoa: Shiva until USB1 continue to Shiva then G+ into AASB. Here's where trouble started that I still was in Phase 1 so I had to use some Blizzaja casts here. Still AASB was enough to clear 3 Tornadoes and survive. As soon as she comes back, wait for diffusion and go Sync into C1 until the end.
    Serah: Knight's Charge let her use her SBs more often. Her BSB C1 is actually pretty good Quick Cast to get those hits up. I was thinking about picking up her USB for EnIce but it's really not needed. She doesn't get enough turns to really be effective besides Imperil, Chain and Dispel duties.
    Edea: I finally took my time to read how her AASB really works. You cast Black Magic to get Quick Cast and then use a Witch Spell to boost her damage. There were some turns when she didn't have USB or ACM on so it helped to speed her up even more.

lionheart_m on
    uh dumb question. What Magicite should I swap in for Valefor? The Mateus ones right? I never did that for the previous 6* but if it makes this fight a bit easier I'm doing it.

uh dumb question. What Magicite should I swap in for Valefor? The Mateus ones right? I never did that for the previous 6* but if it makes this fight a bit easier I'm doing it.

If you have another 6-star that you can give Health and Healing boons, you can inherit one of your Mateuses (or a couple of Manticores) onto Shiva to give her 2x +Ice instead. Then you can have two all-boons in your deck.

My decks that use 6-stars usually go like this:
    • [Relevant elemental 6-star Magicite]: +[Element]/+[Element],
    • [Non-relevant elemental 6-star Magicite]: +HP/+Healing
    • Madeen: -Blade/-Spell
    • Madeen: +[damage stat]/+[damage stat]
    • [Relevant elemental 5-star Magicite with Dampen Element]: -[Element]/+HP

• FryFry Registered User regular
    That's pretty much the same as my team, but I have Lulu AASB+USB1+USB2 instead of Edea.

I clear the first phase with just USBs, then turn on Rinoa Awakening just as phase 1 is about to end so she's ready to shred tornadoes with double summons. When her awakening runs out, I turn on her Sync and push to the end. I put Dark Shiva on the left slot, so it links to the attack command and I can use it in phase 3 to clear small tornadoes for free while continuing to DPS.

I have F. Raider (ATK/MAG buff and haste) as my RW to give myself some extra wiggle for dealing with de-haste and slowga. I use one magicite call in phase 2 and the other in phase 3.

It makes me wonder how you can do this fight without Celes or Squall's HA. Or without AOSBs to take down the Tornadoes.

edited May 2020
    At least I don't feel I'm that unprepared for Alexander. Got Seph's AASB and USB2 combo, Garland's AASB and Seifer's CSB with a lot of utility SBs on him. I could even field Cloud with his Glint, USB1 and AOSB if needed (and buy his Dark USB too!).

lionheart_m on
    edited May 2020
    It makes me wonder how you can do this fight without Celes or Squall's HA. Or without AOSBs to take down the Tornadoes.

There's also the Samurai ability Frostfire Carnage. 5 AOE Ice and Fire attacks. If you've got good kit for someone like Ayame or Firion, you can use that as a way to blast the Tornadoes with a lot of AOE damage. I've even heard of people suggesting using an off-element Awakening from someone like Cor or Cyan, just to cap-break on the Tornadoes and kill them quick.

Squall's hidden ability is clearly designed for the Vaelfor fight, but it's basically just a Squall-specific version of Frostfire Carnage.

Enlong on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Yeah, I need ice crystals like woah to get everything up and running, but my plan is looking like it'll mostly be Firion without enIce but with his awakening. And/or Squall's ability, if I scrounge together enough motes by then, because I kinda used a ton when getting magic ramuh taken care of.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I have Serah chain so I guess I can do Vaelfor, if I could do Shiva, if I could do Ifrit.

Yeah?

38thDoE on steam

Tbh, depending on your team, you may not need Ifrit for Shiva.

Shiva's down with Titan for difficulty

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    Tbh, depending on your team, you may not need Ifrit for Shiva.

Shiva's down with Titan for difficulty

My magic team for killing Shiva featured Mustadio doing single digit damage to stack imperils, and was twiddling his thumbs at parts because Shiva was at full imperil stacks. I could totally believe that a non-Ifrit active 6* magicite would be plenty given the rest of my team.

Yeah I'm with you on the first part, its that whole given the rest of my team part that I falter on.

38thDoE on steam

Fucking hell, the Valefor tornado phase is ridiculous.

I counter anti-haste with an instant SB that hastes. Every turn the party has quick cast. I have Squall throwing out an OSB every turn, Noel finishes off a tornado with his Awakening, and Laguna is doing full damage with his AOE Imperil USB.

And I still don’t have the speed needed to kill enough tornadoes to avoid the Eject. Do I need to waste an Awakening activation before the phase to have a chance?

• ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    I mean, using an Arcane or calling magicite to burn the tornadoes is a common strategy. My physical kill cheated hard with Squall, but his AASB can solo the tornadoes with a minimal amount of w-cast luck. I found the no-AASB kill making the rounds on reddit a useful starting point for thinking about managing cooldowns and timing, it might be a good resource.

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
    Yup you have to either AOSB each tornado or use AASB with AOE abilities. Technically you only have to kill one and could use a Last Stand to survive the Overflow.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    X: 4/11, Tiny Bee (lol dupe), Tidus USB (dupe), Yuna GSB (en-holy and party 2k HP Stock, not bad), Tidus Bubsy (+10 ATK). Not entirely dupes, so I'll take it.

huh, almost forgot to do my daily draw. Another Ultra hit. Quina's! I remember I used to want this over DVG, before I knew how Chains and the game really worked. It's a pretty cool slot saver tho! Maybe it'll make that Torment XI easier to clear!

I was checking out the Record Lab shop and hoo boy, that Seph Glint is really bad. It appears that the next one might be a bit tougher than I expected with no EnStacking.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    huh, almost forgot to do my daily draw. Another Ultra hit. Quina's! I remember I used to want this over DVG, before I knew how Chains and the game really worked. It's a pretty cool slot saver tho! Maybe it'll make that Torment XI easier to clear!

I was checking out the Record Lab shop and hoo boy, that Seph Glint is really bad. It appears that the next one might be a bit tougher than I expected with no EnStacking.

If you really want stacking enelement for Seph, his usb1 has it.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited May 2020

Congrats. You've drawn more 6*s on the daily draw in the last 48 hours than I've drawn in the last year.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    Maytag wrote: Β»

Wait really?! Oh boy well that's awesome. I was actually surprised to see that Celes can also infuse herself with Holy so... Yay I've got two Holy AASBs? I'm still gonna pull on those banners tho see if I pick up some new tech until they're released.

Wait really?! Oh boy well that's awesome. I was actually surprised to see that Celes can also infuse herself with Holy so... Yay I've got two Holy AASBs? I'm still gonna pull on those banners tho see if I pick up some new tech until they're released.

I think it was the first enelement stacking soulbreak, back when we didn't think it was all that good.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular

Celes is in a weird spot with holy. Unless you use her HA, her only sources of holy SPB damage are her BSB1 commands, which even with every SPB buff imaginable still can't beat out Assault Sabre, much less Healing Smite. I wish she had a switch-style en-spell Glint, would've been easily affordable with her LM2.

Congrats. You've drawn more 6*s on the daily draw in the last 48 hours than I've drawn in the last year.

Yes lionheart's posts can be summed up as "beat super boss, beat super boss, pulled 13/11 all syncs."

Just like mine can be summed up as "%$^ Ifrit, #$%# me, %^& me, why do I play this #$@$ game.

38thDoE on steam

edited May 2020
    Tbf I haven't gotten my Waifu pulls ever without going to Dream Selects. Still no Elarra AASB or Squall Sync. No Decil, Cecil or Kain cool SB ever. Had to lens or Dream Select Cloud, Tidus, Seph and Aerith's USB. Edit: don't get me started on FF14.

So yeah, the price to pay is never get your waifus toys. I mean, before FFRK, who really cared about Bartz?!

lionheart_m on
    Tbf I haven't gotten my Waifu pulls ever without going to Dream Selects. Still no Elarra AASB or Squall Sync. No Decil, Cecil or Kain cool SB ever. Had to lens or Dream Select Cloud, Tidus, Seph and Aerith's USB. Edit: don't get me started on FF14.

So yeah, the price to pay is never get your waifus toys. I mean, before FFRK, who really cared about Bartz?!

Me.

edited May 2020
    Look, I love FF5. It oozes gameplay and replay value but I think you can delete Bartz and nothing changes in the plot. Is... Bartz the og Vaan? (I'm just exaggerating).

Edit: and really salty that I've never used Cecil in any way to clear meaningful content.

lionheart_m on
    edited May 2020
    Well, there is that one time that Bartz sneaking out of the castle for fun probably kept the party from being entirely taken out by Exdeath. And him poking Ghido was clearly instrumental to everything.

That said, yeah, Galuf or Lenna have a stronger claim to main character, but Bartz is just a fun character to follow. Enjoyed playing as him in Dissidia, too. And he does have his serious moments on occasion.

Rolled on 13 and didn't get anything that'll really help for Valefor. Snow's Arcane (probably good for the tornadoes, but he's got no Enice). And I also got Fang's USB2; it makes all jumps land instantly and have a chase attack. I really want to try out that in combination with her USB1, which makes jumps trigger instantly. She might even be able to avoid Hurricane Bolt altogether and just use Lifesiphon for quick meter.

That said, this does make me consider trying a different tactic with Valefor. You all were talking about using Arcanes to blow up the tornadoes, and while I'm loath to sacrifice an Arcane on not hitting the boss, this reminds me that I do have Celes as an option; she's got her Chain and Arcane, and a very relevant USB on the lens shop. Maybe I should try replacing Laguna with her, and rolling with Celes, Squall, and Noel. The only issue is lack of imperil, but boosted crits and Shiva should help with that.

Enlong on
    YRNHSq4.jpg?1

One try, one kill!
    Ayame dropped off at the start of p2,5 (After she wiped the tornadoes) because I forgot you actually need to recast wall here. I decided to keep going and Squall took him down to magic pixel almost single-handedly, after which Celes could finish him off. Pretty cool that Celes' high resistance actually caused her to survive on her own like that.

What I used was:

Squall Glint+/USB(chase)/AASB
    Ayame Glint+/AASB/AOSB
    Celes CSB/USB (row quickcast)/AASB (the finishing blow was a cast of this)
    Tyro USB3/USB4
    Elarra USB1/USB2/AASB

Didn't get Squall's HA as Ayame covered the tornadoes very nicely.

• TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    I got very lucky on daily draw today and pulled a cor glint, his six-hit/empowered fire one. I also have his AASB that enfires. is the new max damage combo with him going to be glint, glint, awakening once I have the bars to do it with entrust?

Hail Mary XI draw: 2/11 both disco

Prishe USB (ability boost quick cycle)
    Lion G+

They're both new, which is better than expected for this realm.

I got very lucky on daily draw today and pulled a cor glint, his six-hit/empowered fire one. I also have his AASB that enfires. is the new max damage combo with him going to be glint, glint, awakening once I have the bars to do it with entrust?

I'd say only one Glint might be enough. As all things, it depends. If you're fighting anything but 6*, you might cap with an Imperil or a Chain and you won't need the Glint. If it's 6* or Odin, you might need it to max out his damage. Just be aware of the timing (25 secs on the Empowered Infusion and 15 secs on the Awakening and CSB) to max out your DPS.