As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Apex Legends] Battle Royale from the makers of Titanfall. High OCTANE gameplay!

199100101102103105»

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Could anyone help me out with the Hunt mode? I'm kinda crap when it comes to doing this solo and I dunno why it was decided not to have matchmaking on this.

If you can't find someone to help you, my recommendation is to use Bloodhound or Crypto (if you have him) to keep tabs on Prowlers, and make sure to stand atop as many things as possible.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Could anyone help me out with the Hunt mode? I'm kinda crap when it comes to doing this solo and I dunno why it was decided not to have matchmaking on this.

If you can't find someone to help you, my recommendation is to use Bloodhound or Crypto (if you have him) to keep tabs on Prowlers, and make sure to stand atop as many things as possible.

What about Caustic? Does his traps work on these things?

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

What about Caustic? Does his traps work on these things?

I accidentally went in as Wattson and her walls seemed to kill them upon them jumping into them. The problem was about 80% of the time it destroyed her wall. The good news is the only part that is "hard" is the escape and that's just if you some how go the wrong way or flub a jump/climb.

Pro Tip (that isn't much of a secret): You are going to get a Hammerpoint hop up like half way down the tunnel in one of the crates. Which means you can 2-3 tap the prowlers with it. I picked up the Mastiff you can get in the hangar on the way and never even switched to it.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Hammerpoint 'bique will one tap, but so will the Mastiff.
    I got a gold L-Star on the roof of the closest warehouse, and that cut them down quick too. They died fast enough that overheating was never an issue.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Interestingly it does not scale up for a full squad. That was very "oh I guess that was a neat thing"

I did like having the Mozambique be good though.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    hammerpoint p2020 also chews through them since, well, they have no shields and the p2020 can put out way more bullets per reload than the weak

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't get cocky about this mission being easy. I'm sure the difficulty is going to ramp up as we get further in. Octane will probably be really good since moving fast will be important.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »
    I wouldn't get cocky about this mission being easy. I'm sure the difficulty is going to ramp up as we get further in. Octane will probably be really good since moving fast will be important.

Oh I fully expect to having to do a protracted (or several protracted) zone defenses before this is over and probably some super scrambles to get to the evac ship.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Headphones are good in Apex, but they're also really good in the PvE mode solo. Those enemies make a ton of noise, and you can pinpoint them easily.

I found the map pretty easy solo, but ymmv, I'm a gold player so I should be roughly in the middle of the pack.

You can find a spitfire, I'd skip the Mastiff as it wasn't reliably one shotting.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    I don't know if I was just lucky, but I found two hammerpoints really early. Pistol was 3 shotting the main beasties, and then 1 shotting the revenant form ones!

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I did no research but I'd guess the loot is seeded, perfect mods for the starting weapons within 20s.

• Options
    Yeah, I think you have to kill maybe one dog before you get to the mods. There are other hidden weapons around the areas that are slightly off the beaten path but they are (at least for this mission) vast overkill. The P2020 with the hammerpoint can do the job all by itself.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Won a Duos match last night as Caustic (who I usually don't play) paired with a Wraith. Wraith was more aggro than me, pushing 2v1s, and usually it wound up her doing a bunch of damage and me cleaning up. Final circles favored Causic, as we were able to camp a small building with limited sightlines in. Wraith baited some people to push us and my gas stacked some damage for us to murder one pair. A Mirage foolishly tried to push in while i was healing, and he was successful at downing me before he choked on the gas, got knocked, and Wraith killed him while he vainly attempted to self-revive.

I then trapped an Octane who was trying to hide behind the last remaining bits of cover and buildings near the top-side exit of Hydro Dam. He wanted to hide in the corner and make a play as the circle compressed to basically nothing. A simple gas can put an end to those plans as he died in a corner, alone and afraid.

I find Caustic to be one of those characters who only occasionally works, but when he does, he works really really well.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Sometimes your opponent having terrible aim is the most important thing. Ignore my random flailing punch in the middle of the first gun fight.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    @EriktheVikingGamer you want to make a new thread or should one of us? We're past due, they're going to shut the lights off at some point.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    Feel free. :)@Peen

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    I had the weirdest match today.

Circle is top right. First zone is closing, we arrive up the hill in the middle of the map. 9 teams left.

And I swear, at least 7 teams arrive at that point at the same time, and all at least somewhat commit. We ran towards 2 teams fighting, and realized a team was behind us.
    We tried to reposition out of being wedged 3 times, and it worked the first 2 times, only to get shot by a team where we're moving to.

It failed the third time as we got chased, and 2 of us died, and the teammate didnt get very far 3 v 1.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    That sounds like 90% of the matches on this version of King's Canyon.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I think we played a game the other day where it went from like 10 teams left to 3 in the span of minutes, and we hadn't seen anyone the whole match. Everyone loves Skulltown and that side of the map so much. I feel like unless the ship starts over Hydro/Swamp, no one goes there