As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Overwatch: Echo Live

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    "I told you to make me some armor."

"And here it is!"

"I'm a Dragoon! There's not a dragon head or dragon skull or dragon wing or dragon's scale on the entire thing!"

"Do... you you want me to put one of those on, as an embellishment?"

"I want you to put all of them on! How else are people gonna' know? Do it again, and this time don't embarrass yourselves!"

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Chipsa is a meme in human form. He sucks, he's an asshole, and I'm looking forward to Philly dropping him after this season.

God I hate Chipsa.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    See if you can figure out where the Sigma (the whole team, really) fucked up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hr5WqgZuo0

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I don't know if I love the mech skin but that hamster outfit? That makes it super worthwhile.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Might get me to switch off the high roller skin.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Dive, lol.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    the mask is a problem but i also think its the legs on that mercy skin.

• Options
    A lot of Mercy dragon skins have been out there in response to the reveal, and this one works for how simple it makes it better, to the point where this should be the actual skin and should be patched ASAP:

XCcsvi4.jpg

And then the others highlight the dragon aspect more, the last one is what I thought we were getting:

cv4cZuH.jpg

TSxPMOe.jpg

orcgvNn.png

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I just realized it looks like a Power Rangers villain. (Scorpina? Was she a thing?)

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    The one they made looks just like an old-school Final Fantasy female dragoon sprite, like in FFV or FFD? The headgear is basically the visor and chin guard from Faris' helmet attached to the winged-tiara Barbara and Sara wear in FFD, and the outfit is baring about as much skin as all the female Dragoons did.
    a4asarsx1mkd.png
    lzgang02hjbr.png
    g2zu8o7egxs1.png
    Like, I don't get why this is getting so many complaints. I think it looks pretty good for the concept (although IMHO Pharah should've been the Dragoon). In the vein of FF omages, Echo as a job-changing Warrior of Light would be pretty on point.

What I would like to see is an Ashe or Orisa skin based on the real-world dragoons:
    bmu0gcufxfee.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    event went live, 7 gig update, all the experiments went through and they buffed Doomfist's seismic slam a bit so if he lands it close to you you move in front of him still instead of behind him, as well as buff Ashe's aim and Mei's cryofreeze stops line of sight. Here's the notes:
    Ana

Biotic Rifle

Healing reduced from 75 to 70

Ashe

The Viper

(Secondary Fire) Now reaches max zoom halfway through Ashe’s aim down sights, instead of at its conclusion

Bastion

Configuration: Sentry

Spread decreased 10%
    Shots until max spread reduction lowered from 60 to 40

Self-Repair

Resource drain rate increased 20%
    Healing per second increased from 75 to 90

D.Va

General

Restored functionality allowing D.Va to maintain her current aim pitch when de-meching

Doomfist

Seismic Slam

Can now hold down the Ability 2 button to use Seismic Slam as soon as able (and valid, if using the aerial version)
    When landing very close or on top of enemies, the enemy will be pushed in front/away from Doomfist slightly, instead of sometimes having then end up beside/behind Doomfist
    Aerial Seismic Slam no longer has a slight acceleration time, which should make it arrive at the destination more reliably

Echo

General

Reduced the height of Echo’s head hit volume

Junkrat

Frag Launcher

Projectiles maintains slightly more velocity on ricochet

Concussion Mine

Projectile speed increased from 20 to 25
    Ricochet distance off of enemy players greatly reduced

Total Mayhem

Bomb detonation time reduced from 1 sec to 0.7
    Bombs spread increased 50%

Mei

Cryo-Freeze

Now behaves like Mei’s Ice Wall when it comes to interactions. Cryo-Freeze will block line of sight and collision in much the same way

Mercy

Caduceus Staff

Healing per second increased from 50 to 55

Moira

Biotic Orb

Damage radius reduced from 5 to 4 meters
    Projectile speed increased from 16 to 20
    Projectile duration reduced from 10 to 7 seconds

Reinhardt

General

Reduced the height of Reinhardt’s head hit volume, making it harder to hit him in the head from behind

Zenyatta

Orb of Discord

Damage amplification increased from 25% to 30%

Carbon Fiber Sigma is event skin for this week, and Masked McCree (knockoff lone ranger) and Fleur de Lis Widow (reskinned OG skin) will be next week and week after. And competitive FFA is in arcade.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The carbon fiber skins are supposed to be black and green, Sigma looks like a damn bee

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    nah there are a whole bunch of different secondary colors for the carbon skins (they stick with me cuz I love pretty much all of them). checking in-game, there's...

Brig, black and blue. D.Va, black and gold (w/white and red on baby D.Va suit). Doom, black and maroon (w/brown pants). Echo, black and green with white highlights. Genji, black and blue. Pharah, black and red. Zen is the only one that's pretty much straight black and green (although it's cool enough you'd be forgiven if that's the only one that stuck out)

• Options
    So I'm rollin' support, I have a pair of good Ana games but now we're on Ilios pit and my DPS just isn't quite cutting it. I switch to Zen and we manage to finally take the point, at which point one of the enemy DPS I happened to nab switches to Tracer.

I'm sitting placidly across the point, towards our spawn, near that little house with the mini health pack in it on the windmill side. She comes tearing out of the cover across the point, straight towards me and I blow her head off with a volley.

She comes out again. This time, taking a wiiide flank across the side opposite the windmill, to catch me unawares! She emerges from the door of the house with the other mini, and gets her head taken off with a volley. I wave.

The Tracer switches to Hanzo. Mmm. These are good Zen moments.

• Options
    I'm still rollin' support and for this particular Oasis game I pull out Moira, and get PotG for purely DPSing the enemy team. I mean I'm sittin' there working on the Soldier and Sigma and I throw my damage orb and fade into them, towards their spawn, turn around and kill Soldier and D.Va and Sigma. At no point was I assisting or healing anything.

I can feel the looks from my team, until I get the healing card with 10K and the endorsements start popping. Yeahhh healing Moiraaaaa yayyyy...

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    I find that some of my best Moira moments have been among my most shameless and selfish.

Observe:

• Options
    I've grown to hate Ashe so much now, she's the most blatant example in recent times of the game making a character broken since launch Sigma.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Its called Play of the Game, not Teamwork of the Game.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I've grown to hate Ashe so much now, she's the most blatant example in recent times of the game making a character broken since launch Sigma.

The thing about Ashe is, if she's supported (a Mercy or whatever just keeps their eye on her), she can't just be countered by picking a dive DPS like Genji/Tracer/Doom. To overcome that teamwork, you've got to have teamwork. But that's true of anything.

And if the Ashe doesn't have that pocketing, just go dive DPS and kill her.

Edit: I say this, but you should know Ashe is the only sniper I'm halfway-decent with. But the point holds. A supported Hanzo or Bastion or McCree or whatever is rough. "Pharmercy." Prime example.

Chance on
  • Options
    Ashe isn't broken, she's just finally in a generally good spot after a long stretch of being mostly useless

• Options
    Chance wrote: »

The thing about Ashe is, if she's supported (a Mercy or whatever just keeps their eye on her), she can't just be countered by picking a dive DPS like Genji/Tracer/Doom. To overcome that teamwork, you've got to have teamwork. But that's true of anything.

And if the Ashe doesn't have that pocketing, just go dive DPS and kill her.

Edit: I say this, but you should know Ashe is the only sniper I'm halfway-decent with. But the point holds. A supported Hanzo or Bastion or McCree or whatever is rough. "Pharmercy." Prime example.

She's thriving not just because of her unneeded buffs, but because of double shield too. She has more mobility than McCree and a far superior ult, a massive clip size now, solid coach gun for defense/mobility, an insanely OP dynamite, and the refined aiming and fire speed (and increased clip size) means from the hip or from downsight she can control much more space than she should. And she has a smaller hitbox than McCree too, oh boo hoo her head crit is bigger smallest omnic violin playing.

She was once the bridge between McCree to Widow, but now she is so strong she makes those two worthless unless you're KBAM Widow on console (Ashe's the highest picked DPS on Xbox right now). All she needed was her downsight fixed because it did feel like she wasn't hitscan when aiming, but then like they always do they went overboard. This is why I find it stupid that McCree got that flash nerf, because he's not the problem right now and I think even OWL is realizing it too.

And after playing quite a few games now, that Moira nerf was nothing, she's still too strong.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    in that last shot the death orb was like hovering over your head and i thought...what if moira's orbs didn't fly around at all, what if they just circled her instead. quite a change maybe but it would be neat to see a healing and death orb that you could replenish and people had to get close to you to get the effect of it.

• Options
    Ashe is definitely kind of a spicy melange of Hanzo and McCree, but to me she's just a way-more-forgiving McCree. When you mess up on McCree you have no options beyond "land the headshot." Ashe is a lot more forgiving to me, which is why I favor her between the two. Plus Bob is a useful ult and dynamite is dy-no-mite.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I just got hate mail from a Zen who, in fairness, kicked my ass up and down Nepal for 3 rounds when he was surrounded by his team. When the chips were down in round 3 it was me and him, and he refused to leave me to go to point. He hung back, we dueled, his Zarya intervened, and after he - and literally every member of his team, all match - had teabagged me so viciously, I... I did it.

I teabagged the fuck out of him in slow motion as the Victory/DEFEATFORHIM splash went up - my one BM all match. So she (by the user name) sends me some mean words and I sent them an Ellie-giving-a-thumbs-up sticker and blocked them and went into the next match... chomping at the bit and got a very BM PotG for waving at the D.Va trying to peel for her supports, and then immediately killing both supports.

Felt good.

Chance on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    this was just from MH, but our progress pushing the cart after second point rialto had ground to a halt, and the enemy had taken control of the high ground
    i roll symm and do this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtwzfVKfZqA
    hehehe

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    https://www.tbs.com/shows/american-dad/season-15/episode-4/brave-n00b-world

Overwatch-themed American Dad episode that is unusually kind to China.
    China saves the world.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I love the mercy skin tbh, but specifically because it reminds me of FF dragoons, yes. I love all the skins this xpac, although king rat is still vastly superior to masquerade.

soylenth on
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    For any who don’t think the toxicity is real, I got 4 action notifications for reports so far this week. It’s waaaay worse than normal and it was awful before.

Edit: and if you’re a straight white dude who doesn’t see it, well, try being a person of color or a woman and you’ll see what I mean.

sanstodo on
  • Options
    sanstodo wrote: »
    For any who don’t think the toxicity is real, I got 4 action notifications for reports so far this week. It’s waaaay worse than normal and it was awful before.

Edit: and if you’re a straight white dude who doesn’t see it, well, try being a person of color or a woman and you’ll see what I mean.

I've actually had an overall lull of it the past couple days, which has been nice. Which isn't to say there haven't been a few real winners. A Pharah who was constantly flanking and then whined about not having a personal pocket, so he didn't leave spawn for the second round. A Genji who sounded like he was 9 years old threw a homophobic tantrum for not nano-ing him when he ulted (never mind that 3/6 of our team was dead and I was about to join them), so he switched to Torb and only used his hammer for the rest of the match. An Orisa got halted off the bridge on Rialto twice in a row, then said "Fuck this game" and left. Not all in one evening, though, which is much better than usual!

Also, Hanamura glitched the hell out one match tonight. Second round started, and there were weird particle effects all over the first point, like little bits where it was on fire. Thought it was just me, but other people were gathering around another one and shooting at one on the wall. I was on Sigma, and partway through the round, he got stuck in his rock throwing animation. Could still shoot, use my shield, etc, but he would default back to like... the accretion hands, shaking crazily, until I was killed. Tried to check both on the replay viewer and nothing was unusual, which was disappointing.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    sanstodo wrote: »

I've actually had an overall lull of it the past couple days, which has been nice. Which isn't to say there haven't been a few real winners. A Pharah who was constantly flanking and then whined about not having a personal pocket, so he didn't leave spawn for the second round. A Genji who sounded like he was 9 years old threw a homophobic tantrum for not nano-ing him when he ulted (never mind that 3/6 of our team was dead and I was about to join them), so he switched to Torb and only used his hammer for the rest of the match. An Orisa got halted off the bridge on Rialto twice in a row, then said "Fuck this game" and left. Not all in one evening, though, which is much better than usual!

Also, Hanamura glitched the hell out one match tonight. Second round started, and there were weird particle effects all over the first point, like little bits where it was on fire. Thought it was just me, but other people were gathering around another one and shooting at one on the wall. I was on Sigma, and partway through the round, he got stuck in his rock throwing animation. Could still shoot, use my shield, etc, but he would default back to like... the accretion hands, shaking crazily, until I was killed. Tried to check both on the replay viewer and nothing was unusual, which was disappointing.

Great. Meanwhile I’ve had multiple people start with racist or sexist stuff basically from hero select and not let up until I muted them. One game, their buddies joined in so I muted them. They all reported me, which happily led to their banning after review.

I have at least one teammate a session decide to do an offensive accent or ching chong noises at me. They somehow seem surprised that I tell them to stfu in perfect English. For a small %, that alone causes them to rage out.

• Options
    For that kind of thing I wish there was a better response than it fucking sucks and I wish that kind of shit weren't such a common occurrence. For what it's worth I try to stamp that shit out as much as I can whenever it crops up against female or non-native English teammates (which yeah, is pretty close to 100% of the time). Mainly it just comes down to me being a bigger, louder asshole toward them than they are toward their intended target and hoping it gets them to shut the fuck up for the remainder of the match (and then reporting when it's over, obvs).

• Options
    This is why like, six months after launch, I changed my setting to stop auto-joining team chat. Hearing it fucks me up. Responding to it fucks me up.

Even just the odd PSN message I get can ruin my night, and I'm here to enjoy myself.

I'm a very sensitive little flower.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    This is why like, six months after launch, I changed my setting to stop auto-joining team chat. Hearing it fucks me up. Responding to it fucks me up.

Even just the odd PSN message I get can ruin my night, and I'm here to enjoy myself.

I'm a very sensitive little flower.

There is very little chat on PSN in my experience. I would say it's been ages since I had negative chat but a couple days ago we had a DPS bitching about lack of heals and people being useless. He was Doomfisting into the entire enemy team, when most of our team wasn't there yet, and getting annihilated. That was definitely a healing issue there.

Annoyingly he shut the fuck up and switched to Rat and actually did useful things that helped us win the game.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I haven't used voice chat outside of group since shortly after getting the game. I always feel really conflicted about ignoring/muting that kind of thing instead of engaging and trying to at least reinforce that it's unacceptable to any impressionable minds who might also be listening in the game, but there's just too much and I'm only one person.

• Options
    On Xbox people only really talk in competitive and only like 15% of the time is it an assmad passive aggressive teenager, it's actually pretty good with people talking male or female who, if not being helpful, at least sort of vent the truths everyone's seeing (there's a duo of smurfs fuck those guys, fuck this Bastion, push push push they used their ults, fucking switch off Hamzo).

The real assholes are those kids who play spotify rapper music through their headset the whole game (I'm guessing, I mute them if they keep it going once the setup timer stops).

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    On Xbox people only really talk in competitive and only like 15% of the time is it an assmad passive aggressive teenager, it's actually pretty good with people talking male or female who, if not being helpful, at least sort of vent the truths everyone's seeing (there's a duo of smurfs fuck those guys, fuck this Bastion, push push push they used their ults, fucking switch off Hamzo).

The real assholes are those kids who play spotify rapper music through their headset the whole game (I'm guessing, I mute them if they keep it going once the setup timer stops).

As a Bronze-tier north-east coast US player who mostly played at off-peak hours during weeknights, this was usually what my experience on PC was like as well. People would often be a little more abrasive than they should, but kept it about what was happening in game, like the examples Texiken gives.

I was never shy about muting and reporting people when they started getting toxic, especially any kind of discriminatory shit, but it honestly didn't come up much. I don't doubt for a moment that it's as bad as people say, though. Not sure why I was so fortunate, whether it was my tier, region, times I played, or some combination of the above.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Sometimes you gotta goomba stomp a bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVJlXgadYMs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nem4IzbS-E

Love the glitchy Moira ball in the replay just hanging around.

E:

Boy, I fucking spoke too soon about not running into assholes and throwers. That Lucio game (which was a stomp on our side) was the only decent one out of five tonight, and I'm throwing in the towel. One with a DPS-only Moira who I checked the replay, and would actually go out of her way to get away from the team before using a heal ball to make sure it healed only herself. Another game with a dude who didn't pick a character until 30 seconds into the round, both rounds. Predictably, that lead to being steamrolled on 2CP. Then one with just fucking incompetent morons who trickled the entire first round, and spent the entire second round arguing in chat, even literally in the middle of fights, they would just suddenly stop in place for 5 seconds and then shit like "LOL, you're the hardstuck loser" would pop up. Followed quickly up by another game of people feeding nonstop, and screaming at all the wrong people. "Why is our fucking Orisa behind us!?" I don't know, dude. Maybe because me and her are trying to deal with the Echo and Ball harassing the backline. The problem couldn't possibly be that you've run in front of the tank, or that four of you rushing straight to the point in single file to di-- aand another one of you just used your ult off on your own while half the team is dead.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The Workshop update on ptr has given us what you've been waiting for: 1v1 goats https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/gob8bl/with_the_new_ptr_attach_player_function_we_can/

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Coinage wrote: »
    The Workshop update on ptr has given us what you've been waiting for: 1v1 goats https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/gob8bl/with_the_new_ptr_attach_player_function_we_can/

So how does that work? Does the player have to assign separate keys for each character's abilities?

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png