As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Looks like the enhancements are kind of Meh across the board. MMXon gets a boost thanks to Regina but otherwise, Reberta's latent's seem ok?

11 Rainbow is tempting. We'll see if it's the refined pool or not. If so, I'll probably pull since the only unit I care about right now is MMXon.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Looks like the 11 rainbow for 10k summon is back, but speculation is that it's the full EX pool instead of the refined pool AND it includes the new units released this week. Just be warned to check the drop rates and see the unit pool before going for it. For me, it would be nice to finish some older unit STMRs like Gilgamesh, Aileen, and Zarg, but I think it will still be a pass for me.

I'm looking forward to getting Regina on the squad for DV. Reberta should be nice for the magic damage missions to BS chain with XWQL.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Preliminary damage calcs from Reddit put Zeno/Akstar/Reberta under Kadaj for damage, so...I think the era of good enhancements/Latents for damage dealers is over.

Cruor wrote: »
    Preliminary damage calcs from Reddit put Zeno/Akstar/Reberta under Kadaj for damage, so...I think the era of good enhancements/Latents for damage dealers is over.
    Gumi doesn't make money from enhancements/latents. It sucks, but it makes sense. They just want the units to be beefed up to near the meta. I think they overshot in a few instances, but that seems to be the trend.

Yeah I'd view Tifa and a few others as outliers more than the norm. Most of Gumi's enhancements have been pretty subpar. Now they did go an re-vamp/boost a ton of GLEX units on their own to make many of them meta. But then they re-ran the banners for them, so it's more in the money category.

While I think the way GUMI does latent's is better (get them before the boss to use the unit on), they have completely bungled the whole thing. Where is DKC's latent for example? I think in JP he had a brief moment to shine again, but now, it's probably not worth much.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    My current damage dealers are behind the meta right now, I'm still using AK Rain on most trials. My best damage dealer is probably King Bradley, but no has or usea him anyway. So I guess if the new enhancements are still useful for me because I don't have anything better for at the moment.

With a bunch of new AMoE units being released (SD Akstar, MI Lasswell and now WH Reagan), it might be worthwhile having enhanced Akstar / Zeno to chain with a better unit. I could use Kadaj, but I just don't like the character.

I wonder if the GL team got told off for how they were doing enhancements. They were doing an overall pretty good job enhancing units, buffing lackluster enhancements from JP or enhancing GL units well. But after Tifa and Nagi, the enhancements just aren't quite as exciting. Esther got shafted pretty bad as a prime example. I don't expect enhanced units to be at the pinnacle of the meta, but give them a chance to shine again.

The only units I can remember GUMI boosting enhancements that really put them back into the meta were Mediena, A. Fryevia, Tifa, Nagi, and probably Sylvie. Ramza and Elephim come to mind but they were just the JP enhancements that were delayed till they weren't as meta (i've yet to 7* Elephim).

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Lulu and Kurasame are big ones, as well. Lulu especially was a big boon to a lot of Dark Visions teams I think, if you didn't have one of the 3 meta magic finishers.
    Beatrix was decent for the time too but I think the kerfuffle around her enhancements kind of killed the hype so no one ever bothered.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    I think I missed the previous weapons, because honestly I just can't muster the energy to do everything anymore. Heck, I have barely entered the IW this time around.

The last set of weapons had to be manually bought from the mog king shop from the first esper unit mog king event.

On a quick check I appear to have bought them but never gotten the upgrade recipes. So eh, I guess.

Steam ID: Right here.
    Ah right, the recipe for the + came from the 2nd week exploration. They're in the Enhance menu and not the craft menu though.

edited May 2020
    They updated the in-game news. The 11 rainbow summon is going to be the refined pool. I am on the fence about this one now. There are a lot of units that I would like to get a 3rd or 4th of to get their STMRs and a couple that I would like to get to 7*, like CP Noctis.

edit: Here is the full list of units. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/gn8ie4/refined_unit_pool_until_and_including_may_21/

Tiphares on
    I'm going to pull since it's my only chance for MMXon. At this point he's the only unit I really want. DV is the only entertainment I've had with this game lately and unfortunately he's a key component to that.

I'm really starting to lose interest. Chaining for some reason really draining my excitement for this game. Doing Scorn of Machina, I couldn't get AC Cloud to chain to save my life. Spent hours with Switch controls with no luck. Turns out because he moves, he's nearly impossible to chain... AC Tifa has some of this as well. It's just so frustrating. Just make 5 physical chains and 5 magic chains and make them chain and spark through normal button presses. How hard is it to allow a switch in game to delay actions for 1 second as an easy fix?

Add to it that the story kind of sucks now. This latest DV thing is so boring; "hey let's head to each esper, fight them, and move on under some 'dark threat'...". This could have been a great concept for S3 instead of the Adventures of Fina we got. Pull in some FF6 with Espers coming from another world and they are going insane due to some corruption coming from there and everyone partners with an Esper to allow them to travel there. Allows for a full new world map, 4* type Esper battles, a possibly interesting story, and allow for CG LB's for all Esper units and a reason they are paired up. I was interested Tetra Physalis as Tetra has one of my favorite Esper animations. But her LB is so bland.

Since my DPS units are aging out and I can't count on enhancements carrying me forward, I guess I'll have to pull for something just to stay in the game. It's annoying to have to pull for something I'm not as excited by in order to stay relevant, but that's the game. Then the issue is what to pull for that won't be replaced in two to three weeks? I don't mind being behind on the meta, but only if I can still find a partner to chain with. WH Reagan looks kind of cool, so I wouldn't hate getting him, but if 1) no one else pulls him or 2) I can't find another unit to chain him with, there's not much point. I already have King Bradley, the Lord of Loneliness.

Since I'm F2P, I need units that have decent shelf life.

WH Raegen should have a good amount of people pulling him and very good shelf life. In JP he was top dog for a couple months until Bahamut Dark Fina happened, and he's even getting global buffs. He's not going to be the big jump in safe that he was in JP thanks to the global buffs to other units, but he'll likely be in the #1 spot.

We should be getting the unit design contest units soon, and who knows how good they will be.

WH Raegen will also have plenty of other chaining partners since he's part of the common AMoE chaining family. I don't think you'll have problems finding partners for him. Also, people love the character and sprite and the fact that he'll be #1 dps and pull for him. If I didn't already have AC Cloud, I would probably pull for him.

edited May 2020
    Turned in my login prism coin for Cloud, now I have Ultima Weapon for any future TDH GS users (like the upcoming unit design contest Moogle, Noppy). It's a pretty nice upgrade over Squall's TMR, which was the best non-elemental GS I had prior. Now to see if I can get a good roll on it from IW before I got back to trying the Esper weapons.

Edit: Not sure if I'm going to try the 11 rainbow summon. I do have a lot of almost STMRs that could be filled in, but there's also a lot of units I would get nothing from in the pool. The biggest get would be MMXon (I would immediately UoC his prism and probably STMR Moogle him for his dagger), but the chances are really low for getting any specific character.

Cruor on
  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    The upcoming 11 rainbow 10K summon will indeed be using the refined pool. The last one was a big waste of lapis for me, so I'll be passing. Gonna throw some tickets what WH Raegen though.

edited May 2020
    I could really really use a new, good mage so I'll be throwing tickets at the banner hoping for FW Physalis. Won't be spending Lapis on it however. I really like the design of the upcoming Unit Design Contest mage (Ygni?) I mean, just LOOK at him! (spoiler'd for size)
    70185162_1467104853451390_7979170713292505088_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=ZBUUkyBQlBgAX_PWCaE&_nc_ht=scontent.fapa1-1.fna&oh=2808fd5c573a83af4312cd5a26d266b1&oe=5EEAE773

Edit: I really hope King Behemy and Ygni are on the same banner, because I'd really like both of them. I also hope King Behemy packs a lot of utility and isn't just a physical tank, because dedicated physical tanks are hard to justify when you have 100% evade/provoke supports.

Cruor on
    I have a feeling King B is going to be of the Demon Rain or Viktor type tank.

Trajan45 wrote: »
    I have a feeling King B is going to be of the Demon Rain or Viktor type tank.

I really hope so, make him be able to do a full targeted cover like Gladiolus, but make him counter and do damage based on DEF or SPR, depending on what kind of tank he is. Maybe do hybrid DEF/SPR damage? Anyway, I really love to idea of a good, well realized counter tank.

Man, WH Raegen is a beast. His damage is over 41billion, which is just nutty. He didn't need buffs over his JP counterpart but he certainly got them.

If this is the new threshold, then I'm really excited for the next batch of GLEX units.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    I might just go for Raegan. My best chainers are hybrids, and I might not keep playing long enough to matter

edited May 2020
    Compensation went out for the IW debacle. Lots of orbs and they've doubled the rare drop rates. I got the unique and rare on the Fierce Goddess katana this morning with 12% ATK. Nearly perfect! I'll be burning up those orbs trying to finish off some rares on my high level equipment. Good luck to everyone pulling today!

edit: I totally forgot about the VP Raid coin summons ending last night. Oh well, I only wasted 700k which is about 4 summons. I never get 4* tickets and that's the only thing of worth from that raid for me anyway.

Tiphares on
    Already got Fenrir Edel, her prism and TMR moogles already. Just need to awaken her to use as an arena bonus unit.

I'm torn between pulling for Reagan or waiting for the anniversary. I only have 40k Lapis, and a guaranteed Reagan would take 25k.

If you super-care about Dark Visions, then it might be worth it to help boost rank / keep up. Especially since it looks like the next round is going to be next week.
    Otherwise if you're not overly attached to Reagan as unit, I'd skip for the super-cool unit design units (which is hopefully what our anniversary banners are now that the Esper units are out of the way).

Anything you don't have the DPS to clear is going to be Trial-level and that will always be here and waiting for you to absolutely crush with whatever DPS flavor of the week actually floats your boat.

I'll see how the 11 rainbow shakes out given they are in the pool. DV still comes down to MMXon or not. Doesn't matter if you have Reagan if you don't have the way to spread killers.

The 5* ticket from the Dark Vision coins dropped Vincent#4, so STMR get! Also grabbed Tsukiko#6 from the 10+1 ticket.

I'm glad they've given out compensation and increased IW rates to make up for having displayed the wrong rates, with more compensation coming apparently. Maybe now I can get the rare on Ultima Weapon!

Zomro wrote: »
    Already got Fenrir Edel, her prism and TMR moogles already. Just need to awaken her to use as an arena bonus unit.
    Thanks for this reminder. I was kind of annoyed that I didn't have a 100% bonus units this time around because they are all of the new esper units that I did not pull for. I was able to buy Fenrir Edel and her prism and get her leveled up pretty easily.

Now to burn IW orbs to get some unique + rare abilities on all of the esper weapons. They're not BIS, but they will allow for a lot of extra stats to stack more killers or tankiness.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I really hope Sylvie gets a good NV because the 5* ticket from dark visions just gave me #8.

Glad for the IW rate boost. Ultima Weapon is now +30% ATK/HP, and I got the Rare+Unique on the fire GS. Working on the Ice Katana now, and then likely the Spear.

I got the rare and unique on the Fenrir Edel gun. I'll run the rest of the new weapons when later

edited May 2020
    "Well, let's do these esper things" I said, completely forgetting that of course Odin is just going to spam Death every turn, he's Odin, that's literally all he does. Had to repeat the fight now with the Safety bit on.

Also, man, am I happy I rolled Physalis some time ago, because she's literally the only person I had with AMOE chaining, and having to bring the free Raegen it would have taken a while with Edward or Esther, my usual DPSs.

Drascin on
    edited May 2020
    Oof, just did some spring cleaning of unit specific Trust Moogles and I freed up about 90 slots. That includes 100% prisms that I just hadn't sold/0% prisms that I'll never get the TMR for. Had to free up that space after buying up all of the enhancers from the Dark Visions coin shop. FYI, you can buy everything in the shop (everything that has a limit, you can buy unlimited amounts of 1% moogles and some of the cactuars/Gil snappers) and still have over 300 coins left.

Cruor on
    So, I'm no longer torn between pulling for WH Reagan or saving Lapis. One of the EX tickets from the Fenrir Edel coins broke into rainbow and gave me WH Reagan. I'm going to UoC his prism and get him leveled.

That was.... very lucky. RNGesus pitied me today.

I'm assuming the new esper battles can be 1-2 turn killed with current dps? I haven't had time to look into them.

Tiphares wrote: »
    I'm assuming the new esper battles can be 1-2 turn killed with current dps? I haven't had time to look into them.

Yeah, I did it with AC Cloud. Just imbue him with one of the elements that the esper usually opposes, break, imperil, etc.. and one-shot all of them.

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I spent some STMR tickets to get AC Cloud his sword, and I have to say, despite being outclassed by his bannermate, and by every other DPS that's come out since, I'm really glad I spent the resources to get him. I like how his sprite looks, I like how his skillset works, he's higher damage than pretty much everyone else I have (I have Madam Edel, but she's like the anti-AC Cloud, in that she takes a long time to really get going).

I finally got around to doing the Demon Matsuri legendary and good god, I can see why I didn't bother when it first came out. Once I figured out how to do it I didn't have a problem, but why on Earth would I do that with 25 unique units? Once took long enough.

The great thing about AC Cloud is that he scales ridiculously with gear/external support. If you can bump up his LB damage and killers he is #2 in damage behind WH Raegen. I feel like they buffed WH Raegen in Global to make people with AC Cloud tempted to pull.

If you don't OTKO, a few things that came up in my runs

Shiva can't be ATK / MAG broken and she uses a physical AoE on the first turn. I had to redo it because she killed some of the party. Not sure if it can be covered, because I used Kimahri for Mirage

Odin does ST Death, so a provoke tank with Death immunity is needed for the no KO mission. His Zantetsuken doesn't seem to be dodgeable, as I was still using Kimahri. But he can be ATK broken, so it shouldn't do too much damage.

Fenrir self buffs and does a strong AoE magic attack on turn 1. It's called Dark Breath, but it might be non elemental, as it killed my magic tank, and they had a lot of dark and ice resist. It says he also does instant death attacks, and I think that's his Chomp attack. I was using an evade provoke tank with death immunity, so it wasn't an issue.

I didn't have much trouble with Tetra Sylphid. Alexander is kind of annoying if you don't OTKO, as he puts up really strong damage reduction. And he will dispel your team at times.

edited May 2020
    Yeah, Alexander is giving me problems. I can't OTKO because I need to bring the free Charlotte, so no friend unit to chain with, I have to use two Esthers. And then he puts up huge damage reduction and spams a ton of physical and magical AoEs.

EDIT: Oh fuck off, game! So I chain Alexander, take 50% of his hp, patiently wait three turns tanking until he drops the mega damage reduction, and then the game crashes. Grumble.

EDIT 2: There we go. It was slow, but WoL and Sylvie are a good combination to keep people alive.

Drascin on