As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Animal Crossing] has new and improved friends list in OP, please update your info.

Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice?Really?Registered User regular
edited June 2020 in Games and Technology
YbOHqZM.jpg

The New Friend Info List
New Friend Info Submission Form
DIY Community Recipe Master List. Tell us what you know!
Visual aid for Nook item colors: https://imgur.com/a/xe0GcrO
Fill out the form here
View responses here
If you want to sell or buy turnips, this is suggested to keep chaos to a minimum. Turnip Queue Page: https://turnip.exchange/
2 cool finds by akjak, Animal Crossing Art Generator: https://experiments.getty.edu/ac-art-generator and mobile app called ACNH Guide.
ACNH/ACNL Advanced Flower Genetics
A list of K.K. Slider songs
A helpful guide on buying art
A list of well everything you can get provided by ShubNiggurath https://villagerdb.com/
A visual guide for flower breading
xr5tvhs3t44s.png
518bhj1ramw41.png
Old Friend Info List

What is Animal Crossing? It's a small-town life simulator from Nintendo, and it's an open-ended game where you pretty much set your own goals. Make mad cash on the Stalk Market and get the biggest house. Collect all of the wildlife for your house, or donate to the local museum! Collect furniture sets, or mix and match to unleash you inner decorator. Or become the ultimate control freak, curating who lives in your town and taking meticulous control over every square inch of the landscaping. Your imagination is the limit. In the last game I had my character transition over the summer. And that's not even getting into multiplayer! It's fun, low-key kind of game, and it typically only demands about a half-hour of your time each time. You certainly can go longer than that, but Animal Crossing is definitely more of a slow burn, expecting you to play over a little bit each day over a long period of time.

TyF9qHd.jpg

But first, some history:

Dōubutsu no Mori
N64
The very first Animal Crossing game, this never saw an English release until the GameCube version a few years later. I really miss the weird horned-hair kids the game had for Villagers in this one.
uIecD5G.jpg
Lookit that cute dork! Why wasn't this a Smash skin???

Animal Crossing: Wild World
Nintendo DS
Game number two introduced online play, along with new features like haircuts (RIP Horned Villagers). Also removed holidays which was...not well-received.

Animal Crossing: City Folk
Wii
The third game had a city portion that you could visit with expanded shops and characters.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3DS
Fourth in the series made you the mayor, introducing a number of quality-of-life features. You got a bit more control over the town, and there were useful city ordinances that could let you do things like shift the town's hours to be later to accommodate your real-life schedule. Also redesigned the villagers to give them more human proportions (taller, longer limbs). Also introduced Isabelle, the single most popular new character, who quickly took over as the franchise's mascot. They added her to Smash Bros.! Had a major update halfway through its lifespan that added a bunch of features such as amiibo support.

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
3DS
The first spinoff game, in which your job is to design homes for various villagers. Introduced an easier way to move furniture, which was added as an unlockable feature in New Leaf.

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival
Wii U
The second spinoff game, and the only one for the ill-fated Will U. It was created after demand for a game that required and heavily drew upon amiibo for its gameplay. So, what people wanted was Skylanders, and what they got was somehow worse Mario Party. The game only uses Animal Crossing amiibo, and since you are just moving around the board and collecting bells or Win the Game Currency, there is no reason to require amiibo. They just determine your character and are required to roll your dice, which just makes the game more annoying to play since you have to pass around the gamepad. A boring, terrible game that won't even hold a young child's interest for long. Still worth buying since it's a very cheap way to get Isabelle and Digby amiibos (aka the only reason people bought this game).

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
Mobile
The third spinoff, this is more like a traditional AC game, except everything is covered in a slimy layer of micro-transactions. Enjoy features such as "grinding for currencies to unlock items" and "buying special currencies to make items build faster." Seriously, this game is pretty bad. But good news!

Y7WZTtu.jpg

Animals Crossing: New Horizons
Switch
The fifth main game, and the focus of the thread. Here's the new stuff:
  • You are on an island!
  • Skin tone is now an option. Uh...better late than never?
  • Hairstyles are now all unisex, so no more unlocking for the other gender.
  • You can choose how the seasons progress (Northern or Southern hemisphere)
  • Best Friend option means you can determine which visiting players can make lasting changes to your town.
  • Nook Miles are a new currency that is harder to grind than Bells and will offer unique rewards.
  • Camera mode for those sweet selfies with your favorite villagers.
  • Inventory tweaks: more space, better stacking, etc.
  • New accessories like purses and backpacks
  • More granular movement with furniture. Still a grid system.
  • The NookPhone has a bunch of apps, such as altering the landscape of your island. Need a bridge? Waterfall?
  • You can finally create paths instead of laying down patterns like a crazed artists.
  • And more!

5dVobiv.png

I will expand this with more guides and tips once we have our hands on the games. Check the Switch thread for friend codes!

shamelessly stolen OP from Sterica.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
Toxic Toys on

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    I've had Chip and Redd so far this week. So now Sahara, Leif, and Kicks are the only visitors I have to look forward to. I need more Flick.

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Leif has no damn purpose! How many shrubs do you need? Id remove half the ones I have but Im worried it'll tank my 5 star rating

I buy everything Leif and Kicks are selling, every week. I don’t know if doing so will cause them to open up a more permanent shop in the next update or anything like that but I’m damn sure going to try.

Does anyone know when the next Nook upgrade is?

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I really would like to see them change visitors. At this point I wish Ry’leth could just enact a no sloth policy...

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Leif has no damn purpose! How many shrubs do you need? Id remove half the ones I have but Im worried it'll tank my 5 star rating

I buy everything Leif and Kicks are selling, every week. I don’t know if doing so will cause them to open up a more permanent shop in the next update or anything like that but I’m damn sure going to try.

The current upgrade is the only one that's in game according to dataminers. Havent seen any word on another update yet.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I'm opening up Lupaurora, turnips are at 443 for an hour and 40 minutes before closing, Celeste is here (no meteor shower) and Redd is here with two fake artworks - Michaelangelo's multi armed guy and an Egyptian lady's head. Blanche is crafting 'gold bars' just to the left of the airport. Southern hemisphere so leaves are falling.
    MKVT4

Nothing needs watering or anything, and nothing too impressive islandwise as we're trying to keep it feeling mostly natural.

Edit: Celeste was in the south east corner last I saw, and you need a ladder to get to Redd. Blanche is no longer crafting and not sure who is.

McFodder on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I've had horrible "RNG" luck this morning. Only three new flowers total in my test bed, all useless, multiple repeat DIYs. Sahara is here though. I've trapper her in the southeast corner of the beach. If anyone could water the white/purple pairs of roses and the two purple mums, I'd be eternally grateful.

Dodo Code: GWS03

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    I'm opening up Lupaurora, turnips are at 443 for an hour and 40 minutes before closing, Celeste is here (no meteor shower) and Redd is here with two fake artworks - Michaelangelo's multi armed guy and an Egyptian lady's head. Blanche is crafting 'gold bars' just to the left of the airport. Southern hemisphere so leaves are falling.
    MKVT4

Nothing needs watering or anything, and nothing too impressive islandwise as we're trying to keep it feeling mostly natural.

Edit: Celeste was in the south east corner last I saw, and you need a ladder to get to Redd. Blanche is no longer crafting and not sure who is.

Argh. My game crashed. Sorry about that.

High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Poison Ivy's @akjak 's gifted blue rose has already yielded another. Thanks again!

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    No worries Shub. Open but afk for about another 15 mins then I'll have to close up.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Oh, that reminds me that my turtle command center could use the surveillance wallpaper to complete the look. Unfortunately, wall TVs do not function as back lit display frames for custom artwork so plastering a wall with them has not yielded the feel I desired.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    It's gonna feel weird to play a game that's not AC, whenever that day actually comes.

I went to GameStop yesterday to look at controllers, because I've only got 'cons and they drift.

(The pro was tempting but instead I bought the single remaining golden shovel Knight.)

((I cannot explain my shopping habits.))

earthwormadam on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

The current upgrade is the only one that's in game according to dataminers. Havent seen any word on another update yet.

Did these data miners also say no art gallery?

Let's see what happens in June.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Did these data miners also say no art gallery?

Let's see what happens in June.

No, they said there would be an art gallery. They also said there's code for a third upgrade that cannot be activated yet, so it should come eventually.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    Man, villagers are a gossipy bunch, because catchphrases spread *fast*. My island is now a terrifying mix of ‘kehd’, ‘puny human’, ‘my dude’, and ‘bro’. It’s like a live near a frat house in Robot and/or Space Boston.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Looks like my island crashed at some point.

Reopened with the code New Code Below

Saharah escaped confinement but has been apprehended up next to the stone bridge by the big middle waterfall.

Ruby is also making a shell table.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Datamining, Redd is confirmed to have a 10% chance of all fake art. It is not guaranteed to have a real artwork at all.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    edited May 2020
    Opening my gates for a little bit.

Lab set and retro gas pump up for grabs at Nooks. Turnips 121 for a couple hours so not great but not the worst ever.

Ables have a bunch of random stuff - jester costumes, sleeveless silk dresses, cavalier hats, firefighter hats, monocles, fishnet tights.

Katt is crafting an Apple Wall.

Couple DIYs left on the beach left of the airport.

Couple flowers I would super appreciate if people would water. One is a blue rose near the entrance. Another are some black cosmos near the south east beach just across the log bridge. Two purple hyacinths to the right of the museum, and finally two spots just above Nooks - the purple pansies and green mums (to the left and right of Maria's house). Sorry it's a bit spread out, I didn't have a central location to put everything :P Honestly I'd be happy with even just the blue rose watered :P

Going to be AFK most likely.

Dodo code: 46CYK

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited May 2020
    Third time's the charm. Fully rebooted the switch. Saharah is now trapped on a little piece of land just to the northwest of town up a ramp, next to the small waterfall/river.

Code: Crashed again.

Librarian's ghost on

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Redd finally showed up on my island and has two legit paintings! So I grabbed one and my wife grabbed one.

Good day for a Redd visit.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Third time's the charm. Fully rebooted the switch. Saharah is now trapped on a little piece of land just to the northwest of town up a ramp, next to the small waterfall/river.

Code: FV1HL

Your place is wonderful. Thanks for the Neutral Corner, I didn't have that one yet.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Redd is on my island. He has three paintings left and idk if they are real or not. Nooks have a grand piano again!
    8TPHP

Ken O wrote: »

Your place is wonderful. Thanks for the Neutral Corner, I didn't have that one yet.

Did you get out okay? It crashed again when you were leaving.

edited May 2020
    So I decided that my basement will be my trophy room as well as a poster room. And with much thanks to @Warlock82 my other wall is finished. Here are some pics of all the walls.

fybypl75qchg.jpg
    6btny46cazgf.jpg
    yumn4p7xzw8y.jpg
    g3yoiv7jfxrq.jpg

Toxic Toys on
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »

Did you get out okay? It crashed again when you were leaving.

I must have just missed the crash. Everything was fine on my end.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Lab set and retro gas pump up for grabs at Nooks. Turnips 121 for a couple hours so not great but not the worst ever.

Ables have a bunch of random stuff - jester costumes, sleeveless silk dresses, cavalier hats, firefighter hats, monocles, fishnet tights.

Couple flowers I would super appreciate if people would water. One is a blue rose near the entrance. Another are some black cosmos near the south east beach just across the log bridge. Two purple hyacinths to the right of the museum, and finally two spots just above Nooks - the purple pansies and green mums (to the left and right of Maria's house). Sorry it's a bit spread out, I didn't have a central location to put everything :P Honestly I'd be happy with even just the blue rose watered :P

Dodo code: 27J1C

Did your island close/crash or am I just being awful at Dodo codes again?

High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
    edited May 2020
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Dodo code: 27J1C

Did your island close/crash or am I just being awful at Dodo codes again?

Yeah I closed.. I can open back up real quick

Dodo code: 46CYK

Warlock82 on
    edited May 2020
    Hopkins is making a garden rock, free DIY by airport and free items in shopping plaza. Kicks is also here. There is a small patch of flowers behind my house if you want to water them. Gates are open until some one posts a really good turnip price or something else catches my eye.
    Dodo Code 1F8XS

Toxic Toys on
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I have 2 blue roses and 2 green mums looking for homes today.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    akjak wrote: »
    I have 2 blue roses and 2 green mums looking for homes today.

I would like a green mum please.

• amethystoakamethystoak Registered User regular
    I would also like a green mum please, if it's unclaimed. Thank you so much for the blue rose yesterday!

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Would love a blue rose! Will be open again later today

@Toxic Toys dropped and watered your mum in your house garden

@amethystoak other green mum is yours.

@So It Goes blue rose 4 u

1 unclaimed blue rose

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Turnips are 464 here if anyone is interested.

0H6HP

• rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Redd is on my island. He has three paintings left and idk if they are real or not. Nooks have a grand piano again!
    8TPHP

Have these all been purchased? I'm jonesing for art, real or no.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Opening up for a bit while I do some gardening. Nothing special going on but the weekly Saharah visit, although if you want some spare DIYs I've got like a dozen lying around at the library.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • amethystoakamethystoak Registered User regular
    Opal Cove is open.

Redd is here with a fake Beautiful Statue and a real (I think) Quaint Painting that are unclaimed as of right now.

Ables has fishing vests!

Nooks has a kitchen island for 170k and a red electric guitar (I think it was 3100?).

Recipes on the path by the airport.

If anyone wants to water flowers, there are roses behind Nooks and a square hedge area with flowers on the south east side below the orchard.
    M5DT8

Opal Cove is open.

Redd is here with a fake Beautiful Statue and a real (I think) Quaint Painting that are unclaimed as of right now.

Ables has fishing vests!

Nooks has a kitchen island for 170k and a red electric guitar (I think it was 3100?).

Recipes on the path by the airport.

If anyone wants to water flowers, there are roses behind Nooks and a square hedge area with flowers on the south east side below the orchard.
    M5DT8

Dibs on the fake! (lol)

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Can I get the other item, lol Redd is a hot commodity

I think we’ve been beaten to it already