As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Animal Crossing] has new and improved friends list in OP, please update your info.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    *Single tear* this art wing can take a hike!

• amethystoakamethystoak Registered User regular
    Sorry, maybe next time I'll post about it before opening my island and send a private message with a DODO code.

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    This fall, they'll take Saharah off the "guaranteed visitors" list and add Redd.

...the same week they drop the "Rugs, Rugs, And More Rugs, It's -- I'm Rugs-In-My-Eyes Johnson, There's Like 600 New Rugs In Here And Some Are...Some Are Gold, I Guess, And Some Aren't? Anyway, Rugs!" update.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    @amethystoak dropped and watered your mum in the hedge garden.

I did actually achieve the fake statue. Some of that rush was probably for the kitchen lol.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Discussion question for the group:

Is there a reason we seem to have defaulted to using Dodo codes all the time, despite having a maintained friend list in the OP?

I genuinely hate the Dodo system. It's fine if I want to visit some rando on Reddit for a trade, but it is just the most cumbersome mechanic for visiting islands. I feel like I waste a ton of time setting down the Switch, looking through the thread, trying to figure out which codes might still be active, trying it, failing because they closed already, restarting the process and trying again, etc. Conversely if I leave my island open in the morning, I get visitors for the first hour or so while the code is on the current page, and then nothing after that. I'd love to just leave my island open for shopping, visitors, or whatever while I'm at work, but no one is going to try a Dodo code from 3 pages back.

Since we're a pretty small community, and everyone is on the friends list, could we just use that? Being able to just pull up a list of all the open islands at a given time is just so much smoother. No consulting internet codes to see who might have opened up, no failed attempts because a code is no longer active, easier to leave islands open for longer periods. And yes, Nintendo is stupid for not making friends' islands opened with Dodo codes also show up on the friends list, but we're stuck with it as it is. I suppose Dodo codes may still be useful for things like turnip queues, but we just seem to be circumventing the functionality that was designed for small to mid sized groups like this.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    @akjak i would love a blue rose if you still have one!

GS7YC

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    hey i wanna get in the blue rose queue next time someone gets some extras to donate! :)

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    Opening Candle Cove

Ables have sari, kilts, sheep costumes

Nook’s have... bupkis cuz I bought it all.

CJ is here, but whatever.

Alli is crafting Bamboo Shelf (dunno for how much longer)

Water stuff so I can give away more flowers!

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    New Haven is opened for a little while. Still largely under construction, though.
    L1L5Y
    **Closed**

-My "big" turnip spike is 211, active for a little over an hour remaining if you want small profits.
    -A small collection of DIY and other free stuff to the right of the entrance.
    -I set out the various fruit cardboard boxes to the left of my house (Phanto), if you need to catalog them still.
    -Leif is here, if you care.

I'll mostly be AFK to eat.

Able's
    Biker jacket
    Football shirt
    Groovy shirt
    Printed layered shirt
    Shirt w/ camera
    Work apron
    Cuffed pants
    Frilly skirt
    Patched-knee pants
    Pleather pants
    Ninja costume
    Skirt w/ suspenders
    Combat helmet
    Tweed cap
    Pompadour wig
    Space helmet
    Curly mustache
    Goatee
    Pilot shades
    Rimmed glasses
    Everyday tights
    Lace socks
    Steel-toed boots
    Trekking shoes
    Walking shoes
    Work boots

***EDIT: Closed up for now.***

RoyallyFlushed on
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Opening Candle Cove

Ables have sari, kilts, sheep costumes

Nook’s have... bupkis cuz I bought it all.

CJ is here, but whatever.

Alli is crafting Bamboo Shelf (dunno for how much longer)

Water stuff so I can give away more flowers!

On my way to water...and probably a few kilts...

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze

I did actually achieve the fake statue. Some of that rush was probably for the kitchen lol.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you were able to snag the statue!

Also, were you the one that left purple windflowers yesterday? If so, thank you for that as well!

rndmhero wrote: »

Is there a reason we seem to have defaulted to using Dodo codes all the time, despite having a maintained friend list in the OP?

I genuinely hate the Dodo system. It's fine if I want to visit some rando on Reddit for a trade, but it is just the most cumbersome mechanic for visiting islands. I feel like I waste a ton of time setting down the Switch, looking through the thread, trying to figure out which codes might still be active, trying it, failing because they closed already, restarting the process and trying again, etc. Conversely if I leave my island open in the morning, I get visitors for the first hour or so while the code is on the current page, and then nothing after that. I'd love to just leave my island open for shopping, visitors, or whatever while I'm at work, but no one is going to try a Dodo code from 3 pages back.

Since we're a pretty small community, and everyone is on the friends list, could we just use that? Being able to just pull up a list of all the open islands at a given time is just so much smoother. No consulting internet codes to see who might have opened up, no failed attempts because a code is no longer active, easier to leave islands open for longer periods. And yes, Nintendo is stupid for not making friends' islands opened with Dodo codes also show up on the friends list, but we're stuck with it as it is. I suppose Dodo codes may still be useful for things like turnip queues, but we just seem to be circumventing the functionality that was designed for small to mid sized groups like this.

I agree with all this. When I open, I only use code if turnips or for a specific person

@akjak i would love a blue rose if you still have one!

GS7YC

Yours when I go visiting later this afternoon.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you were able to snag the statue!

Also, were you the one that left purple windflowers yesterday? If so, thank you for that as well!

I think so? Who can remember.

I'm not sure if I have everyone on my list, but I can try to go through again. I know some folks said they'd rather not bog down their lists with a bunch of AC folks and I think that's fine enough reason to use codes in that situation.

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    If you hate Dodo codes I think you're going to hate going through the PA spreadsheet and sending ~60 friend requests (to some who may or may not be very active anyway).

Very good points. I guess I utilize the DODO codes just because it seems like there are a few sort of regular posters here who I haven't found on the main list to add as a friend. But maybe just opening up to friends would encourage more people to post their info on the main list. I like the idea of being able to just open up islands to friends and it'd be easier to see who is still open to visit.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    @ i would love a blue rose if you still have one!

GS7YC

Yours when I go visiting later this afternoon.

Thanks!! If I’m not open @ me

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular

I'm not a big fan of the Dodo codes either. I use them when I'm opening my island to lurkers on this board or people I haven't friended yet. I know I haven't been updating my friend list as regularly as I should.

I know a few of us here just throws open the gates and I do also time from time. I do think that should happen more often then not as we are not a very huge community.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I know the size of the friend list kept me from adding myself at first. I just went through and sent friend requests to a number of people I see a lot during the time I'm most active. So if you get something from "Ken", that's me.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    I don't think it even requires you to monitor/update the friends list regularly. When you start, go through and add everyone once (which most of us have already done). After that, just accept friend requests as they come through, since presumably those are new people adding you from the list. As for someone who wants to post on PA and play with PA but not add PA players... I'm not sure what to say to that.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Saharah wants some of your money.

Able Sisters want all your money.

Comedian's Outfit
    Sports Tank
    Viking Top!
    Acid-Washed Jeans!
    Fringe Skirt!
    CYBER SUIT!!!
    FASHIONABLE ROYAL DRESS!!!
    Loose Fall Dress
    Bowler hat with ribbon
    SMALL SILK HAT
    Firefighter's Hat!
    MASQUERADE MASK!
    Mary Janes
    Wingtip Shoes
    Winklepickers!
    Zori!

Magazines are available in the Nook shop.
    69GRC

Marshall is making a stone lion-dog.

Incenjucar on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Annalisa is now crafting a peach wall, Kicks still doing his thing, free DIY near airport and stuff by shops. If you want to water flowers, a little patch is behind my house.

Gates are open, no code.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Redd still has two paintings left, I think they might both be fakes - scary and funny I think - if you want to check it out @rndmhero
    NJ9SD

• Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    I tend to use Dodo Codes so that I can open up to folks here as well as at work, as I try to firewall work and not work from one another to varying degrees of success. Some of my cow-orkers I’d be fine with on my friends list, some, not quite as much; especially since they can see the... oh $DEITY... over 600 hours I’ve logged in this game so far.

Gate's open. Rolf is crafting ironwood table if anyone wants to get in on that action.

Is uh... “over-decorating” a thing?

Because as my residential district comes together the game is very stuttery up there.

Is uh... “over-decorating” a thing?

Because as my residential district comes together the game is very stuttery up there.

In some of the videos I've watched of other people's island tours, there have been some areas that were pretty item-heavy that cause low frame rates and in one video the items were sort of flashing. It was super weird.

Does anyone still need any fossils? I have a bunch in my storage that I need to get rid of soon.

• Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    New BFF Wolfgang was walking around in a funk, and when I talked to him, he confessed that he tries really hard, but that he’s pretty sure Chèvre finds him annoying, and lamented that no one understands him. I told him he’s OK in my book, but he was still sad. And now I am *irrationally* angry at Chèvre, who is always nice and sweet and I’ve gotten along with before and OMG GAME WHAT THE HECK THESE AREN’T REAL PEOPLE/THINGS/WHATEVER, JUST PRE-SCRIPTED EVENTS WHY AM I HAVING EMOTIONS?

• ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    Gates open for a little while. Kicks day. Pecan was crafting some sort of rock, I forget,

High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Gate is open, please take these extra DIYs.

Velma is in boxes if you have space and she's a treasure.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Repose is open for the evening. Please help to water the roses north of the Moon! :D

Gloria is crafting a Flat Garden Rock, and for your touching convenience today we have:

imperial bed (brown (and gold, lovely))
    imperial partition (blue)
    rattan stool (reddish brown)
    antique clock (black)
    punching bag (red)
    tankless toilet (ivory)
    system kitchen (red)
    diner sofa (black and white)
    imperial decorative shelves (black)
    diner mini table (cream)

Also I learned that each island has its own local variant/colour of furniture, so that explains why I see a lot of one colour variant for one set and not at all of the other

edit: back open! FC is in my sig if needed :D

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Repose is open for the evening. Please help to water the roses north of the Moon! :D

Gloria is crafting a Flat Garden Rock, and for your touching convenience today we have:

Also if anyone has white lilies or red mums in stock and could bring/send me five of either, I would happily craft an item, pay, or repay you some other way :D I effed up my colour gradient in town area.

I planted some on the beach for you because I didn't know where else too.

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Anyone have a brown antique table I can touch? Have a room that literally only needs that in order to be classy as fuck.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Does anyone still need any fossils? I have a bunch in my storage that I need to get rid of soon.

I only need a mammoth butt, and have like 30 other fossils to donate

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    Is anyone else as bummed as I am that we can't watch Maglevs in Love? I need to find out what happened with Maglev Mike. Did his relationship ever recover?

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    So I've been working on setting up my residential district and I wasn't sold on the road options, so I got a custom herringbone pattern that I thought was pretty rad. Spend a while setting down some roads with it yesterday. Came back today, started doing more, and hey, there's a balloon! So I pop it, go over to pick it up and just...kick away a portion of road.

If you lay custom paths with the island designer tool, it just acts as if you've put patterns on the ground. Like normal. When, at best, it's only slightly more convenient than doing it from your phone.

Fuck's sake.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »
    Anyone have a brown antique table I can touch? Have a room that literally only needs that in order to be classy as fuck.

Console table? Mini table?

Looks like my console table is black, but I have a brown mini table.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    edited May 2020
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    So I've been working on setting up my residential district and I wasn't sold on the road options, so I got a custom herringbone pattern that I thought was pretty rad. Spend a while setting down some roads with it yesterday. Came back today, started doing more, and hey, there's a balloon! So I pop it, go over to pick it up and just...kick away a portion of road.

If you lay custom paths with the island designer tool, it just acts as if you've put patterns on the ground. Like normal. When, at best, it's only slightly more convenient than doing it from your phone.

Fuck's sake.

I too just got the custom path and realized the relatively pointless nature of it. But something I DO like about the system.. you can layer the custom paths OVER the existing paths, and they line up really well. So with a transparent path like say, a stone path, you can lay the path over something like the Dirt path and it looks nice. I'll take some pictures of this effect later. Also, you can have multiple custom paths.

Local H Jay on
This discussion has been closed.