As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Take some [photos] and show me them

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    My front yard cherry finally decided to make with the flowers. It's a Kwanzan cultivar, so as you can see it looks a good bit different. Two main points are that it flowers while putting out leaves (the Yoshino I posted on the prior page does blooms, drops them, then develops leaves), and that it creates double blossoms.

Ni1DXJO.jpg

acgVdsu.jpg

hVGYpfq.jpg

IronKnuckle's Ghost on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    The Finches have returned!

tweet tweet

Aw man, I really need to put some bird feeders out this year!

Love those cherry blossoms Iron knuckle. Ours in the neighborhood wilted almost immediately due to snow last week, so it's nice to see some up close and so colorful.

Speaking of that snow...
    ac98bjhednww.jpg

And another glitchy edit
    ivdjrpjggtnk.jpg

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Hell yeah, I love The Last of Us

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    It was a nice day to take a walk down the driveway.

ducxb0nslqs0.jpeg
    iahnb1w8cgck.jpeg
    a525rqb6prgf.jpeg

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Saw a funky looking bird on a walk recently

IMG-20200404-133424.jpg

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Solar wrote: »
    Saw a funky looking bird on a walk recently

Duck!

Looks like a Mandarin! It appears they are an invasive species brought in from China and surrounding areas, they escaped peoples collections and established a breeding population.

webguy20 on
    edited April 2020
    That would explain the proliferation of the Civil Service then...

Solar on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    XFOyKWp.jpg

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    saw some cool chubby lizard friends and a very brave ground squirrel today

61d0vqwr3aie.jpg

lnzham39rcet.jpg

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Found a cool picture from a ways back. A number of years ago, I went to an arctic research station to conduct some repairs on an instrument. The station manager who was the only full-time staff happened to be out during the few days we were there, in late March (so still very much winter). This station had been open since like the 60's or something, but most of it had been 'decommissioned' a while back due to funding cuts, which apparently just meant that one day everyone just up and left.

So, me and another technician are in the station, and we decided to check on the abandoned wing, because it's literally just a door away.

pni0bhkeo04e.jpg

Everything was like this, like everyone just one day up and left. Reagents left in storage, theses left on shelves, maps everywhere. There was a full library that had half a snow bank in it.

In retrospect, I am very glad I hadn't watched The Thing yet at that point, place was creepy enough as is.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    eihpthebr0eh.png

Construction on the Cloud Zoo next to my allergy clinic is coming along nicely.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Just took this with an iPhone x with a secondary 2x lens. Its not amazing, but i was pleased i was able to resolve anything at all.

2vxoawta271w.jpeg

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Is sharing from my Instagram on here okay?

Hexmage-PA on

edited May 2020
    Please let me know if those aren't showing up for you!

Hexmage-PA on
    edited May 2020

I wonder what it's like inside?

Hexmage-PA on
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Some fiddleheads popping up in the swamp near my house. I have no idea if they're the edible kind, but they look pretty.

31fupurlhgwx.jpg

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    6duc987itg3t.jpeg

I’ve been in this biz for a long time but I still love a sunrise at sea.

Endless_Serpents on
    edited May 2020

Hexmage-PA on
    Oh my goodness that is a handsome dog

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Took some pictures this afternoon at the Las Llajas Canyon trail. These are just JPEGs straight out of the camera, some of them I think I'll end up cleaning up. Click through for full-size!

IMG-0076.jpg IMG-0079.jpg IMG-0090.jpg IMG-0093.jpg IMG-0097.jpg IMG-0099.jpg IMG-0102.jpg IMG-0104.jpg IMG-0105.jpg IMG-0107.jpg IMG-0108.jpg IMG-0109.jpg IMG-0111.jpg IMG-0117.jpg

jgeis on
    48afg6mdmsz3.png

We removed all the study tables to build barricades between the public computers and the stacks. The remaining chairs reminded me of those pictures of dozens of planes parked at quarantine airports.

GDdCWMm.jpg

• djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    just a few recent ones:

The sky:
    1o6IIYy.jpg?1

Lichen:
    ubeQ4Nu.jpg?3

Red cabbage:
    vrNlHl6.jpg?3

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    The cabbage feels like an alien landscape

BahamutZERO.gif
    I thought this squirrel and I were building a rapport

p2hwk6lcoouj.jpg

fq9lk9hmsns7.jpeg

but he was only in it for the protein bar in my backpack

zpvdwk2uf2cb.jpeg

at one point he just sat in the middle of the table with his little hands curled against his chest and stared at me for like five minutes, I guess hoping I would manifest food at him

I've never felt so inadvertently cruel and heartless

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I used to feed ducks and squirrels at our local big park and yeah I'd have a lapful of the adorable little stinkers in seconds.

edited May 2020
    Yeah I’m very conscious of not hand-feeding wild animals (even though squirrels, whatever, but they can be rabies carriers I think and what if small children, etc etc). But it can be a real issue with native animals back home so just generally I don’t do it.

THAT SAID I ... may have on purpose left some almonds next to the table after I left (we were on the university campus so I figured foraging undergraduate leftovers is basically his lifestyle 100% of the time anyway).

One time back in Cambridge a friend of mine stumbled blearily out of his house for an early morning run and thought he saw a levitating donut. Once he cleared his eyes he realised it was a squirrel climbing a tree with a donut tucked around it’s waist like a little life ring.
    University based squirrels definitely have diabetes.

tynic on
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Double sundog!

bd4eeaboepyv.jpg

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Huh

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I've been rationalizing not mowing my backyard with the realization that it's currently terraforming into a magical glade

wmchytcbta0f.jpg

edited May 2020
    Animal tracks in our back field! I believe they are raccoon, elk and coyote. All animals that are around most of the time.

x0mob4gvnzzc.jpg
    xfh59c26yhgi.jpg
    a84x9xetvo9j.jpg

webguy20 on
    u8odysh49eze.png

It's been 74 days since there was a child in the library. Grubby little critters.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

It's been 74 days since there was a child in the library. Grubby little critters.

But Jedoc, those weren't there yesterday

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »

But Jedoc, those weren't there yesterday

It's like some kind of SCP is causing it. You'd think it's that weird statue, but no, it's the honeycomb wall opposite.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
    Statue?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    We had a lightning storm last night:

tSd37OX.jpg
    HnCOfuM.jpg
    fQgZuET.jpg

It's surprising how bright it can get when a big flash hits:

V922GoJ.jpg

(and yes, this one is also at night)
    oLhjd12.jpg